PDA

View Full Version : Mr T

Jules88
12-08-2017, 08:12 AM
With a hairdo like that and the Mr T" name... I can see t shirts and wigs springing up before Tuesday.... Marketing dream (Club shop take note!!)!!!

Exiletyke
12-08-2017, 09:52 AM
With a hairdo like that and the Mr T" name... I can see t shirts and wigs springing up before Tuesday.... Marketing dream (Club shop take note!!)!!!

The club shop is one step in front of you Jules
Two shirts are already on order & are expected to be in stock in time for Christmas ;D

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 09:57 AM
The club shop is one step in front of you Jules
Two shirts are already on order & are expected to be in stock in time for Christmas ;D

Get em quick , he'll be sold by January 2nd :-) :-)

Jules88
12-08-2017, 10:07 AM
I've been reminded Mr T on soccer AM chose Barnsley as his team a few years back!!!

Romared
12-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Fool!!!
int that wat he used t se ;D

Jules88
12-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Always won the battle though!!

Acido
12-08-2017, 01:41 PM
I've been reminded Mr T on soccer AM chose Barnsley as his team a few years back!!!

Yes he did Jules, and he looked clueless as to who & where Barnsley was. :P
(in fact I think he was more interesting in giving the blond bird Helen Chamberlain one!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dw-wrZxULE

Jules88
12-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Rather like Maurice Watkins

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Can't wait to see him starting alongside Bradshaw:

Drop Potts he's got turning circle of an articulated lorry. Team for Tuesday...

Davies

Mccarthy Mcdonald Pearson Pinnnock

Barnes Moncur Mowatt Hammill

Bradshaw Mr T

Acido
12-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Rather like Maurice Watkins

Who is he Jules, is he Marley Watkins' dad ? ;D
(ohh, and that was a fine win for Hudds today whether we want to acknowledge it or not lol)

And I agree about Potts Ponty, I really don't know at the moment what Hecky sees in him instead of players like Mowatt & Mallan, just what exactly is going on there ?

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Acido, Blackpool must be laughing all way to bank. I've seen enough of him after one game total gash mate.

Jules88
12-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Yes... in fact I've just been reminded 1000 times that "We are Premier League" in the club.....
And then once more in the Aldi!!! And then I smacked him with a jar of 49p lemon curd...
I am SO pleased for them...........

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Yes... in fact I've just been reminded 1000 times that "We are Premier League" in the club.....
And then once more in the Aldi!!! And then I smacked him with a jar of 49p lemon curd...

Early days for them I know but what a fantastic result for Town .

Having a right go at it , rumour they have bid £20 million for Dirty Leeds's Chris Woods .

The manager Wagner seems to take it all in his stride , like they expect to be competing well and a far different attitude to our own 20 years ago .

You may have to stomach the locals for some time jules , wouldn't be surprised to see them survive comfortably to be honest .

Suffolk Red
12-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Agree Potts needs to lose some weight or get a bigger kit he looks uncomfortable

Acido
12-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Couldn't you have tw*atted him with a set of special offer steak knives Jules, instead of a jar of cheap lemon turd ? ;D

And Ponty, I don't normally think its fair for us to label a player so badly after just a few games, but Im also having the same doubts you are about Brad Potts.

Romared
12-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Acido, Blackpool must be laughing all way to bank. I've seen enough of him after one game total gash mate.
Potts ? I think your both wrong on this lad ! He will come good big n strong plenty of ability too , a few more games that's all he needs , 7/8 goals plus
Good signing this lad ,

Suffolk Red
12-08-2017, 08:24 PM
After watching today I don't think it's as bad as people think some good points ,thought hammill caused them no end of problems in first half and bits in second ,Harvey Barnes looks quality to me plus thiame ,isgrove ,almedia ,Lindsay mcgeehan can only get better

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 08:30 PM
I just hope we have a bit more than Bolton , Millwall and Burton because I don't envisage us finishing above many more clubs this season .

Acido
12-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Potts ? I think your both wrong on this lad ! He will come good big n strong plenty of ability too , a few more games that's all he needs , 7/8 goals plus. Good signing this lad ,

To be honest Roma when I see Brad Potts I immediately think of center back or center forward because hes got that bulky build about him. He doesn't strike me as a winger or attacking midfielder, and so far he hasn't looked anything like that sort of player.
Id like to know why Hecky dropped the Moncur & Mowatt partnership which was showing promise towards the end of last season, and if not Mowatt, then what on earth has happened to Steve Mallan ?

Suffolk Red
12-08-2017, 08:37 PM
I agree animal I hope we do but Ipswich are talking about top 6 this season and even with a team that's just been put together we still outplayed them for 75 mins today

Romared
12-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Mowatt isn't good enough for me , he never will be , we have far better players to come into the side , Mallan , Mcgeecan , Barnes (altho on loan ) are much better , we've had our fingers burnt with Mowatt no doubt about that in my mind ! Loan or get rid

Romared
12-08-2017, 08:55 PM
To be honest Roma when I see Brad Potts I immediately think of center back or center forward because hes got that bulky build about him. He doesn't strike me as a winger or attacking midfielder, and so far he hasn't looked anything like that sort of player.
Id like to know why Hecky dropped the Moncur & Mowatt partnership which was showing promise towards the end of last season, and if not Mowatt, then what on earth has happened to Steve Mallan ?
Ask Hecky about Mallan , and a few more of our players ? I've listened to him tonite , boring monotone voice he has developed over the last 6 months , i would always back him for what he's done , it's the Now tho , and he really doesn't sound confident in the job he is doing or show any enthusiasm , he has had his legs kicked from under him definately on more than one occasion , Has he lost that spark he once had ?

Acido
12-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Mowatt isn't good enough for me , he never will be , we have far better players to come into the side , Mallan , Mcgeecan , Barnes (altho on loan ) are much better , we've had our fingers burnt with Mowatt no doubt about that in my mind ! Loan or get rid

Ive tried to support Alex Mowatt as well but he just hasn't stepped up to the plate yet, despite all the gametime hes been given. All hes shown so far is promise, and I reckon thats the best I/we can say about him.
And if this is allegedly down to the fact that he still loves his former team Leeds... well that is so unprofessional on his part and we're best off without him if its true. But like I say, this is only a suggestion.

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Ask Hecky about Mallan , and a few more of our players ? I've listened to him tonite , boring monotone voice he has developed over the last 6 months , i would always back him for what he's done , it's the Now tho , and he really doesn't sound confident in the job he is doing or show any enthusiasm , he has had his legs kicked from under him definately on more than one occasion , Has he lost that spark he once had ?

I don't think he's pyssed off at the sales , maybe Robbo got to him if anyone .

I think he's pyssed at the budget in relation to the sales he's expected to work with .

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Acido you said Alex Mowatt has showed promise. Who else has shown promise? I'd play him over Williams with a broken leg. As for Hecky...some simple advice play Mowatt in the middle or behind the strikers.

Acido
12-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Acido you said Alex Mowatt has showed promise. Who else has shown promise? I'd play him over Williams with a broken leg. As for Hecky...some simple advice play Mowatt in the middle or behind the strikers.

Im also finding it hard Ponty, what Hecky is thinking of with the weird choices he keeps making, and has been making now since January to be honest.
Id like to see a settled side, and by that I mean a set of players put in their correct positions for a start, and given a certain amount of games as well to see if they work out, before just dropping them.
Hecky was terrible last season for making ridiculous changes for no apparent reason, and we can't keep on using the January transfer window as an excuse can we.

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 09:45 PM
I dont give a monkees whether he's from Royston or Rhoehampton. Simple fact is Paul Heckingbottom doesn't know his ooh ahh from his Cantona. Cost us a win today. P.s send Williams back he's crap and pension Potts off.

Romared
12-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Agree about Williams on that showing today anyway ,
Hecky has openly said he doesn't know his best 11 , some more to come , some will have to go , until the T/W is closed and around 10 games played , we really don't know do we ? ! Impressed with some of the play today , unimpressed how we capitulated second half , we only need 54 more points tho so keep the faith !!!

Acido
12-08-2017, 09:59 PM
I dont give a monkees whether he's from Royston or Rhoehampton. Simple fact is Paul Heckingbottom doesn't know his ooh ahh from his Cantona. Cost us a win today. P.s send Williams back he's crap and pension Potts off.

Well I don't know why we've brought Williams in when we've got Sessi, who really hasn't been given a fair chance in that position has he. If the kid Williams is better then fair enough, but it bugs me when a player (like Sessi) gets dropped or overlooked for no reason at all.
Hecky did cost us last week at Bristol City, and he has cost us again today against Ipswich. How many more times are we going to keep suggesting this, or even coming out and admitting this ?. :(

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Well I don't know why we've brought Williams in when we've got Sessi, who really hasn't been given a fair chance in that position has he. If the kid Williams is better then fair enough, but it bugs me when a player (like Sessi) gets dropped or overlooked for no reason at all.
Hecky did cost us last week at Bristol City, and he has cost us again today against Ipswich. How many more times are we going to keep suggesting this, or even coming out and admitting this ?. :(

Hecky is the only glue that holds this thing together , yes he's made mistakes but he still gets more right than he gets wrong .

You won't get another manager outside of the club with a solid track record who'd take this on .

The alternative is Hassell and Disco who are without any experience at all .

Acido
12-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Hecky is the only glue that holds this thing together , yes he's made mistakes but he still gets more right than he gets wrong . You won't get another manager outside of the club with a solid track record who'd take this on . The alternative is Hassell and Disco who are without any experience at all .

I agree with all that Animal, and I don't like thinking of replacements for him because we really shouldn't need to.
But (and its a very big 'but'), hes not done himself and the rest of us as fans many favours this year has he. In fact when you look at his/ours W-L-D record in 2017 alone, well it makes for appalling reading doesn't it.
The January window thing was a fiasco and it probably denied us our last ever chance of promotion in this league, for goodness knows how many years.
I know Hecky can't be blamed for that, but he isn't blameless for some of his idiotic manager/coach decisions since then.

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Animal I sincerely suggest you attend on tuesday and you just might find you'd do a better job your self mate.

perkytyke
12-08-2017, 10:47 PM
We are only 2 games into the season and it hasn't been that good granted but what did we expect with a virtually new team to bed in?
Got to agree about young Potts he doesn't look good enough I hope he finds his feet but I'm not holding out much hope!
What we have to remember though is McGeehan, Lindsey and Isgrove are out injured and for me all 3 will be the first names on the team sheet when they return! Add to those 3 Mr T and that's quite a change in our line up!
Trust me it's not going to be any good being a Reds supporter for the next 8 games or so but we will pick up and get better as they learn to play with each other.
Hopefully we won't be adrift when they do and we won't be HAMMERED week in week out? Keep the faith!
We do however need to off load Jackson and Mowatt who are just toilet!

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Animal I sincerely suggest you attend on tuesday and you just might find you'd do a better job your self mate.

You must be joking mate , I wouldn't work for that lot down there , I wouldn't last two minutes .

Acido
12-08-2017, 11:11 PM
We are only 2 games into the season and it hasn't been that good granted but what did we expect with a virtually new team to bed in? Got to agree about young Potts he doesn't look good enough I hope he finds his feet but I'm not holding out much hope! What we have to remember though is McGeehan, Lindsey and Isgrove are out injured and for me all 3 will be the first names on the team sheet when they return! Add to those 3 Mr T and that's quite a change in our line up!
Trust me it's not going to be any good being a Reds supporter for the next 8 games or so but we will pick up and get better as they learn to play with each other. Hopefully we won't be adrift when they do and we won't be HAMMERED week in week out? Keep the faith! We do however need to off load Jackson and Mowatt who are just toilet!

I hope your right Perky, and if your not, Im blaming you. :D
Seriously though, its all guesswork at the moment for us isn't it and thats the hard thing about a complete squad change like this.
We as fans have got nothing to support long term, because we know now that if any of these kids make a name for themselves in the next season, they will just be sold on for a profit again and that profit will NOT be used on team strengthening.
We are all putting a lot of faith in Lyndsey, & McGeehan, & Isgrove coming back and making a massive difference aren't we!!. :O

Jules88
12-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Early days for them I know but what a fantastic result for Town .

Having a right go at it , rumour they have bid £20 million for Dirty Leeds's Chris Woods .

The manager Wagner seems to take it all in his stride , like they expect to be competing well and a far different attitude to our own 20 years ago .

You may have to stomach the locals for some time jules , wouldn't be surprised to see them survive comfortably to be honest .

Cheers mate..... but I think they'll still be down by Christmas.....
(Well I'm F**king praying so)..

Jules88
12-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Potts ? I think your both wrong on this lad ! He will come good big n strong plenty of ability too , a few more games that's all he needs , 7/8 goals plus
Good signing this lad ,

I think he will come good.... I really do

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Cheers mate..... but I think they'll still be down by Christmas.....
(Well I'm F**king praying so)..

Something about Wagner that tells me he's going to pull this off and the owners backed him to do so .

If Watford n Burnley can hold there own up there then so can Town .

perkytyke
12-08-2017, 11:32 PM
We will struggle Acido make no bones about that!
However I really believe we will stay up! Issy will provide the ammo for Mr T and Bradshaw who seems to have found his way suddenly? If not then he will make Ugbo look good! This will make Hammill want to show off which is when he's at his best!
Lindsay will tighten up our defence the lad looks class! What concerns me is that if either he or old Macdonald are injured calamity Jackson gets a game, the thought terrifies me!
McGeehan will turn out to be a fans favourite if he can reproduce what he did at Luton? Let's not forget he was a 5 million Everton target when he broke his leg!
I fully expect him to be a class act and leave us for a massive fee at the seasons end!
I really hope Mr T can hit the ground running as people say he's a gamble but looking at his time in France it's a gamble that could well pay off? I still think there's another Striker due into the club hopefully it's not a loan as we need stability with players fighting it out for places.
I think we are crying out for an experienced Defender older than 20-24 I think Ryan Shotton at the side of Lindsey would be perfect although it won't happen!

EastStandRed
13-08-2017, 06:14 AM

Maybe he's seen enough of Sessi to realise he's not good enough!

EastStandRed
13-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Hecky is the only glue that holds this thing together , yes he's made mistakes but he still gets more right than he gets wrong .

You won't get another manager outside of the club with a solid track record who'd take this on .

The alternative is Hassell and Disco who are without any experience at all .

There'd be loads of managers who'd apply I reckon

EastStandRed
13-08-2017, 06:18 AM

Mallan not been training well , something's gone off !

yorkshireborn
13-08-2017, 11:52 AM
hecky needs a decent number 2

animallittle3
13-08-2017, 12:05 PM

I'd suggest about 6 pints of Guinness and a Chicken Rogan Josh :-) :-) :-)

IGMC

Romared
13-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Correct

yorkshireborn
13-08-2017, 05:29 PM
we are missing Tommy he had a voice from the dugout that you could hear at the top of the eaststand.

SBRed48
13-08-2017, 05:34 PM
we are missing Tommy he had a voice from the dugout that you could hear at the top of the eaststand.

Tommy ad be shartin "Mek sure it's in a plain envelope"