PDA

View Full Version : Chesterfield Match Thread

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Same team as last Saturday except Yates in for Walker

1977Pie
12-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Seems Nolan has taken the easy selection route, very odd after he clearly got it wrong at Coventry. I assume he will say they are tired after Tuesday but let's hope it is an inspired choice and he proves me wrong!

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Same team as last Saturday except Yates in for Walker

He's just made a rod for his own back then, if it all goes mammary glands up.......I hope not, because I've just put half a crown on 4-2 with 365....COYP

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 01:42 PM
He's just made a rod for his own back then, if it all goes mammary glands up.......I hope not, because I've just put half a crown on 4-2 with 365....COYP

Inspired move I think, it's obviously his first choice team, I guess he hits them with you saw the performance on Tuesday, it's up to them to keep their place.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
12-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Inspired move I think, it's obviously his first choice team, I guess he hits them with you saw the performance on Tuesday, it's up to them to keep their place.

We'll see if it's an inspired move at 4.55.

irishpete
12-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Not impressed, but we will see come full time.Surely the midweek game was the one for the players to make amends.

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 02:07 PM
We'll see if it's an inspired move at 4.55.

Yeah, 4:55. Jones may have another stinker and sooner or later KN is going realise that playing the 34 year old Stead with Ameobi who's almost 36 won't get us anywhere near the top 7. Anyway, hope it all works today...

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Yeah, 4:55. Jones may have another stinker and sooner or later KN is going realise that playing the 34 year old Stead with Ameobi who's almost 36 won't get us anywhere near the top 7. Anyway, hope it all works today...

Yeah didn't work with Lee Hughes? Looks like the knives are already out from the non attending bed wetters. Long way to go, get behind KN after the revolving managers door we've had in the recent past we need stability not people stabbing him so early on.

Warnocks Legends
12-08-2017, 02:19 PM
We will see it's early days yet and much too soon to make any decisions about the overall quality of the squad.so fingers crossed in keV we trust

SmiffyPie
Yeah didn't work with Lee Hughes, looks like the knives are already out from the non attending bed wettersIt worked with LH because he had the team around him and the legs to do it.

irishpete
Yeah didn't work with Lee Hughes, looks like the knives are already out from the non attending bed wetters

So your at the match & more bothered with what is being said on Mad,or your a bed wetter?

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Yeah didn't work with Lee Hughes, looks like the knives are already out from the non attending bed wetters

No knife just an opinion, heard of those? Checked what's in your nappy today? Same as your brain - nothing or full of sh**e

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 02:24 PM
So your at the match & more bothered with what is being said on Mad,or your a bed wetter?

His bed's so wet, he needs arm bands.

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 02:24 PM

At the match we have breaks in play, getting behind the club that's what supporters do.

Warnocks Legends
12-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Just a thought? But maybe if we spent more energy on supporting the team instead of slagging each other off on here, maybe the team would play a little better?

irishpete
12-08-2017, 02:30 PM
At the match we have breaks in play, getting behind the club that's what supporters do.

Soccermans love child.When you have a Family,live out the Country,have a small business,not easy to get to games.But if that makes you a better person cos you can attend so be it I bow to you NOT.

Warnocks Legends
12-08-2017, 02:31 PM
A red all day through!!!!!! Rubbish decusion

Warnocks Legends
12-08-2017, 02:33 PM
One thing I will agree with , is we need a striker with legs , we should be winning now

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Soccermans love child.When you have a Family,live out the Country,have a small business,not easy to get to games.But if that makes you a better person cos you can attend so be it I bow to you NOT.

Well lived and worked in Frankfurt for four years until recently, managed to get back once a month for matches, so know how it is. But I never give an opinion on a match that I'm not at, you. need to see things with your own eyes to do so.

andy6025
12-08-2017, 02:35 PM
So how are we actually playing?

irishpete
12-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Well lived and worked in Frankfurt for four years until recently, managed to get back once a month for matches, so know how it is. But I never give an opinion on a match that I'm not at, you. need to see things with your own eyes to do so.

The old man goes.Good enough for me.Not giving an opinion on the match,team selection,results yes.

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Just seen Ward make it Chelsea 0 Burnley 2

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 02:42 PM
The old man goes.Good enough for me.Not giving an opinion on the match,team selection,results yes.

🙂

irishpete
12-08-2017, 02:42 PM
So how are we actually playing?

well the clubs facebook page has only updated twice since kick off if that is owt to go by

SwalePie
12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Anyone else listening to commentary online and getting an annoying background loop of 'echo' commentary from a moment or two earlier?

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Chesterfield down to 10 men

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Chesterfield should be down to nine, average performance, Notts had a few chances, should be leading.

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Got to be favorites for the 3pts now It was their centre-back so let's hope it hits them hard.

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Anyone else listening to commentary online and getting an annoying background loop of 'echo' commentary from a moment or two earlier?

Yep - pretty annoying

Yep - pretty annoying

americanpie
12-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Grant should come on now!

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Grant should come on now!

I'm just wondering if Forest have put something in their loans about they both can't start a match together?

SwalePie
12-08-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm just wondering if Forest have put something in their loans about they both can't start a match together?

Interesting thought, what would you think might be the thinking behind that if true?

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 03:13 PM
They've put another CB on - Maguire, 20 year old brother of Harry.

Trickytreesreds
12-08-2017, 03:21 PM

how Grant doesn't start eludes me.

americanpie
12-08-2017, 03:22 PM
About ruddy time! 1-0

SwalePie
12-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Get. In!

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Brilliant. Grant should be the first name on the team sheet. How many pts did he win for us last year?

upthemaggies
12-08-2017, 03:38 PM

Slightly disappointing but still above any average gate figure we've seen since the Munto season.

DomdomPie
12-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Slightly disappointing but still above any average gate figure we've seen since the Munto season.

People on their hollybobs, p'raps?

upthemaggies
12-08-2017, 03:43 PM
As it stands, Coventry the only team with a 100% record.

americanpie
12-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Now only one point off the playoffs lads;D

americanpie
12-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Notts are making really hard work of this.

americanpie
12-08-2017, 03:58 PM
WOW just WOW......2-0

the_anticlough
12-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Great bounce back result today. Now for Wycombe and Akinfenwa

Notts78
12-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Tough game v Wycombe. They are scoring for fun.
Happy with the win and clean sheet.

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 04:32 PM
apparently Grant has been injured and not trained much this week

CmonUSexyStylishPies
12-08-2017, 04:40 PM
A good deserved win although we looked nervy when 1-0 up and could have conceded a few times. Grant was the difference. Still think we need a goalscorer upfront as Stead/Ameobi don't look like scoring enough and neither do the centre mids.

Chesterfield were surprisingly poor, so was their support.

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 04:56 PM
A good deserved win although we looked nervy when 1-0 up and could have conceded a few times. Grant was the difference. Still think we need a goalscorer upfront as Stead/Ameobi don't look like scoring enough and neither do the centre mids.

Chesterfield were surprisingly poor, so was their support.

We definitely need another striker, but I'd rather wait til the right person comes along rather than sign anyone. Thought Hawkridge put a real shift in today.

ancientpie
12-08-2017, 04:59 PM
It certainly wasn't pretty & I thought we invited them on in the last 10 mins but although it was nervy they never really threatened so fair play to the defence. Everyone "apart from KN" seems to agree that Stead & Ameobi are both class players but lack the pace to play together this needs sorting & should have been looked at in the pre season friendlies imo, apparently Grant was carrying a slight injury but he must start in the next league game surely?

Wedgie_pie
12-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Liked the way Collin protected our Wembley type pitch by hoofing it sky high 95% of the time, only to see the ball come back again....;D

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Liked the way Collin protected our Wembley type pitch by hoofing it sky high 95% of the time, only to see the ball come back again....;D

It was worse last week.......it was 98% of the time.....apparently it's the normal style of play in L2?

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 05:22 PM
It certainly wasn't pretty & I thought we invited them on in the last 10 mins but although it was nervy they never really threatened so fair play to the defence. Everyone "apart from KN" seems to agree that Stead & Ameobi are both class players but lack the pace to play together this needs sorting & should have been looked at in the pre season friendlies imo, apparently Grant was carrying a slight injury but he must start in the next league game surely?

I'll take KN's football opinion over yours, perhaps they haven't found the right player yet / or have failed to land who they want?..... patience I'm sure he's aware!

jackal2
12-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Good result. Bitty, but ultimately effective performance.

I wasn't getting carried away with the hype about the "brave" defeat on Tuesday night because I've seen Notts lift their game in cup matches before, only to revert to mediocrity in the next league match where it counts. Today, we weren't fluent, but we did manage to sustain some spells of pressure and rattle Chesterfield to the point where they were giving away free-kicks and bookings and got the man sent off.

It seems to me that Nolan is looking to create something akin to Sam Allardyce's pragmatic way of playing, not based on silky football but on getting the ball into the right areas quickly, winning lots of set pieces and generally being unpleasant to play against. It won't always be attractive, but it could be effective, especially with the limitations of the squad we've got. It's too early to judge how successful this will be, but if it comes anywhere close to what Sam did for us and Bolton, it should get enough results to keep us safe at least.

ancientpie
12-08-2017, 06:12 PM
I'll take KN's football opinion over yours, perhaps they haven't found the right player yet / or have failed to land who they want?..... patience I'm sure he's aware!

So you agree with KN that Stead & Ameobi look a potent strike force together? obviously KN is of the opinion that they are our best pairing but I have yet to hear a fan who agrees with him, ideally we will sign a striker who can feed off one or the other but until we do I maintain that he should have used the friendlies to try out different pairings as this is not a new problem & will only get worse as the players get older & pitches get heavier. I am fully behind KN but although you may not agree this does not forbid me from questioning some of his logic, I pay my money & will have my say! COYP.

countygump
12-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Chesterfield down to 10 men

Deserved, or not???

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ws47s

Trickytreesreds
12-08-2017, 06:33 PM
https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/20818403_124329788199225_8462839057943101440_n.mp4

Another one, you should help us with

HaylePie
12-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Deserved, or not???

Didn't think so at the time and I still don't after watching the video. Stuff happens!

What was Ugwu's yellow card for in the first half for (off-the-ball incident)? The choir were singing 'Off Off Off' but play had moved on and I missed the offence.

Elite_Pie
12-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Deserved, or not???

Never a red in a million years. The keeper would have got the ball anyway, ridiculous decision, a yellow at worst.

nw6pie
12-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Didn't think so at the time and I still don't after watching the video. Stuff happens!

What was Ugwu's yellow card for in the first half for (off-the-ball incident)? The choir were singing 'Off Off Off' but play had moved on and I missed the offence.

One of the most blatant red card offences you'll ever see - basically lashed out at Hewitt off the ball. Pathetic decision to give a yellow, evened out by the pathetic decision for the red card. Should have been the other way around.

I was impressed by our central defenders today, did the basics well. Hawkridge worked tirelessly and came close to scoring a couple of times, but I thought Grant was the difference between getting 1 point and 3 (although he allowed himself to get wound up way too easily by one of their players before his booking).

We desperately need a midfielder who can get on the ball and drive the team forward (Hewitt is not the answer - take away the throw ins and he delivers nothing). And Stead and Ameobi have a combined age of nearly 70, and it shows. We desperately need some pace up front, otherwise we'll be easy to defend against in open play (and Jones' set pieces today were dreadful), rarely beating the first man. Disappointed by Alessandra today, too, thought he was completely anonymous and will make way for Grant when he's match fit.

Overall, though, very happy with the battling qualities we showed and the three points.