PDA

View Full Version : An absolute disgrace

LSArab
12-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Scottish football.

Skilful player gets intentionally hacked every time he is on the ball.

No protection from ref.

He reacts to persistent fouling. Sent off.

What a f***ing joke

zeek
12-08-2017, 02:53 PM
I fear we are gonna get this a season.....sad, but still think we are gonna bate thum

MagicMugs
12-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Scottish football.

Skilful player gets intentionally hacked every time he is on the ball.

No protection from ref.

He reacts to persistent fouling. Sent off.

What a f***ing joke

Sorry but throwing a punch at the QoS fullbacks face is over reacting and a straight red anywhere in the world, especially right in front of the referee who was walking over to yellow card the fullback

I want passion and aggression from our players but it needs channeled in the correct way otherwise it will cost us with these refs

offshore_arab83
12-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Load of sh1te, straight red and well deserved cannot stick up for that behaviour, nae need for it and the support just as bad clapping him off the park! Coulda cost us big time today!

offshore_arab83
12-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Sorry but throwing a punch at the QoS fullbacks face is over reacting and a straight red anywhere in the world, especially right in front of the referee who was walking over to yellow card the fullback

I want passion and aggression from our players but it needs channeled in the correct way otherwise it will cost us with these refs
Bang on!!

Whitfieldarab
12-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Load of sh1te, straight red and well deserved cannot stick up for that behaviour, nae need for it and the support just as bad clapping him off the park! Coulda cost us big time today!

Agree

1 game ban next Saturday. Lucky it's Brechin and not one of the teams that will challenge us. Silly laddie.

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Didnt see the reaction myself, but my laddie did and i did hope for a yellow, but the Ref only had one option. The booing the lad got after that was a bit out of order as a good portion of their defense were at it.

utd4me
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
said right away he's off. stupid thing for mcmullin to do, skin him five minutes later and right back would've been sent off.

offshore_arab83
12-08-2017, 04:33 PM
The RB was a bricker for a red of McMullan had stayed on!

dundeeunitedfc83
12-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Stupid red card could have cost us the game! Will he now miss 3?? Also don't like the fact he was clapped off, something that has always annoyed me, oh well done for potentially costing us the game 👏🏼

Arab 8010
12-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Red all day long, you can't react like that. Will it be a 2 match league ban or 3?

MagicMugs
12-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Red all day long, you can't react like that. Will it be a 2 match league ban or 3?

I think violent conduct is 3 match ban now

Am just glad Fraser had a good impact when he came on and got us a winner as we were looking dodgy at the back and being stretched before we got the goal

LSArab
12-08-2017, 07:58 PM
It was massive to win and Fraser did do great coming on

Mcmullan does need to learn.

After goal though every time he touched it they had the tactic to foul him. I thought is the ref going to do anything. Obvious they were targeting him. Ref did not act until too late.

McM's fault to do the indefensible but can't ignore that before then they were at it

utd4me
12-08-2017, 08:13 PM
LS you're right. they were targetting mcmullin and he was getting fouled just about every time he skinned a player. they recognised early the threat he posed and and got the outcome they wanted. like i said earlier if he'd screwed the nut and walked away, the right back was going to be red carded probably for persistant fouling. he has now made himself an even bigger target for the thugs in this league who will all be out to wind him up. this is where ray has to have a word and mcmullin has to realise that this will happen and not react. luggy used to be booted all over the park but the only time i seen him react was at paisley when he turned round and whacked someone.

stokearab
12-08-2017, 08:23 PM
LS you're right. they were targetting mcmullin and he was getting fouled just about every time he skinned a player. they recognised early the threat he posed and and got the outcome they wanted. like i said earlier if he'd screwed the nut and walked away, the right back was going to be red carded probably for persistant fouling. he has now made himself an even bigger target for the thugs in this league who will all be out to wind him up. this is where ray has to have a word and mcmullin has to realise that this will happen and not react. luggy used to be booted all over the park but the only time i seen him react was at paisley when he turned round and whacked someone.

Judging by last week and this week maybe this is something the players are going to have to get used to :mad:

LSArab
12-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Agreed. Sad but true. Can expect even more rough treatment now they think he can get riled.

Old firm media meanwhile will only tarnish our lads if they react to all the provocation.

On the plus side McM been brillliant otherwise so far.

Forward players been showing got what it takes to break down teams that sit back with ease and get the wins every week we need

Giant_Jouster
12-08-2017, 09:09 PM
I could not see from the ETL clearly what McM did, other than a magical nutmeg and then the lumbering number 2 hauling back at him. This is in the context of this hammer throwing full back knowing McM had his number and he had already seen his team mate number 14 take McM out level with the 18 yard box with no consequence from that referee. I'm happy to have stood and applauded McM off, coz in him, I see everything I did not see in the last 30 months at Dundee United. And in the likes of him, Keatings and Stanton, I see a "Ray" of light. And for the SFA and their sh1tey referees and their corrupt supervisors, you are part of the problem as to why Scotland is not even a third rate European futba nation now.

scoobydufc
12-08-2017, 09:15 PM
The more skillful,inventive players we sign we are going to be the target for the niggles, fouling ,off the ball incidents .We have got to rise above this, Hope Mcmullen has learnt his lesson and hope his reaction wont be so instinctive next time. Possible a wee wink or blow a wee kiss just tae wind them up a wee bit more,That'll annoy them even more than swinging a fist and gettin a red
Just a warning to the rest of the troops to not rise to the bait
We must be professional in the way we handle the intimidation and if we do it properly it will infuriate the opposition so lets play good passing football and finding ball to feet
Do this and we will tear any team in our league apart
Only thing we have to worry about is our Managers tactical prowness

TerryTheTerror
12-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Our manager's tactics won a game against a decent site today, even though we only had 10 men for most of it. Can't believe RM is getting stick tonight. :?

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Our manager's tactics won a game against a decent site today, even though we only had 10 men for most of it. Can't believe RM is getting stick tonight. :?

Bit early to jump in on that there TTT! Only seen one negative comment towards Ray tonight so hardly cause for concern!

scoobydufc
12-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Queen of the South are Championship mercenaries who have campaigned in this league for seasons and have been a thorn in many teams sides ,We stood off them and gave them too much space ,From the word go we have the capacity to harass ,close down and frustrate opposition and this game was a prime example what we didnt do it
From kick off we should have went at them 110% ,that would have unsettled their flow and caught them unaware ,instead we carried the game at the pace they wanted it to go at
The lads should have been fired up for this but if you cant fire them up for the first home game of the season What more can ye say

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Would rather have cool, calm, collected, McMullan excepted and a win with 10 men all season long. Hammer and tongs football should be left to those that need to play it. I would rather see us holding our own with the wee bits of class on show today,

scoobydufc
12-08-2017, 10:15 PM
We need to be unpredictable,With the squad that's been put together we have the ability to achieve this with the options we have at hand ,N'Koyl hasnt been yet brought into the equation , could he be our target man we are lacking
Next two games should be win/win then lets see what our away approach is.
Opposition were predicting our play but now our starting line up can have several configurations , Hope we have built a happy gelled squad who plays for each other and appreciate the honour of the tangerine (or brown offering this season)and black strip

JamesMcClean
12-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Queen of the South are Championship mercenaries who have campaigned in this league for seasons and have been a thorn in many teams sides ,We stood off them and gave them too much space ,From the word go we have the capacity to harass ,close down and frustrate opposition and this game was a prime example what we didnt do it
From kick off we should have went at them 110% ,that would have unsettled their flow and caught them unaware ,instead we carried the game at the pace they wanted it to go at
The lads should have been fired up for this but if you cant fire them up for the first home game of the season What more can ye say
I concur with this.

Great as it was to get the result, the general tone was slow, lackadaisical and lazy, carrying a general feeling of a pre season friendly.

I generally felt that the team wasn't giving 100% (and this was before the sending off) , which they may say is harsh, but was the impression that I got. I kinda felt they were waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen. Let's be honest, hand on heart, how much did their keeper have to do?

Delighted to get the result, yes, but much , much work still to do...........

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 11:26 PM
Would rather have cool, calm, collected, McMullan excepted and a win with 10 men all season long. Hammer and tongs football should be left to those that need to play it. I would rather see us holding our own with the wee bits of class on show today,

Well done Chick, at least someone can spell his name correctly 😂

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 11:58 PM
I concur with this.

Great as it was to get the result, the general tone was slow, lackadaisical and lazy, carrying a general feeling of a pre season friendly.

I generally felt that the team wasn't giving 100% (and this was before the sending off) , which they may say is harsh, but was the impression that I got. I kinda felt they were waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen. Let's be honest, hand on heart, how much did their keeper have to do?

Im gonna cut em some slack on that showing with it being the 3rd game in a week this early in the season. But McMullan, Robson, Stanton and to an extent King were all trying things to make the breakthrough. On another day, the early Robson shot goes in, McMullan stays on and we hammer a team like QotS by 4 or 5!

At least 3 of the team today were not fully match fit and they still need the time to gel.

ianharab
13-08-2017, 12:01 AM
No getting any stick from me , binned 4-2-3-1 , that will do for starters

Mecca83
13-08-2017, 12:15 AM
I concur with this.

You are right about the feeling of being a pre-season but rather than blaming the players for this we should look much closer to home. As supporters we were awful today. First home game of the season on the back of winning our first game and it was like being in a library. Think we should not blast any player for performance, energy or appetite if we as arabs are letting the team down badly.
As for McMullen being sent off I agree with most of the people on here. It was a stupid reaction which let his team mates down. I reckon this league could be won by a very small margin so every point is *****. Hi team mates dug him out a very big hole and he has now made a huge target for himself. Other teams will say get in about him as he will react. Clearly a talented player - let's hope he learns soon. Perhaps that could be a role for MacDonald

TerryTheTerror
13-08-2017, 02:51 AM

Personally I think most of this is his biased dross. You clearly don't like RM and aren't prepared to give him any credit.

scoobydufc
13-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Have to give him credit when it's due, He's going with proper formation and giving us players who offer attacking width and brought in players to capitalise on the cross balls they deliver
We have an abundance of midfield options and now with Quinn being brought in here's hoping our defensive discrepancies can now be addressed
All he needs to do now is get his homework done on the opposition and put the proper team on the park for the game
We havnt had so many decent players competing for places in a starting line up for a few seasons

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm happy to have stood and applauded McM off, coz in him, I see everything I did not see in the last 30 months at Dundee United. So you were happy to clap a player who just lashed out, sent off for violent conduct, who reduced us to 10 men losing a main attacking threat cos you seen someone lash out which we havent in 30 months :?

As i said before, couldnt belive he was applauded off the park

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Bit early to jump in on that there TTT! Only seen one negative comment towards Ray tonight so hardly cause for concern!

ive no seen anything :?

SmedDUm
13-08-2017, 10:56 AM
So you were happy to clap a player who just lashed out, sent off for violent conduct, who reduced us to 10 men losing a main attacking threat cos you seen someone lash out which we havent in 30 months :?

As i said before, couldnt belive he was applauded off the park

I think you must have needed to be in the Dode Fox to see it. I was in the Jerry Kerr and didn't see what happened. So the majority of the crowd thought there had been an injustice. If the Dode Foxers had booed him going off we might have thought differently, why didn't they if you're being all moralistic? So ok he maybe erred but I was clapping anyway for his 30 minute contribution if nothing else. And we won so all's well that ends well.

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 11:06 AM
i seen it clear as day from my seat in the east stand lower smeds, old mans half way line GF and he seen it, everyone i spoke to in boozer seen it, granted some never looking at social media and there was boo's as he went off whether that was aimed at him or the ref or Rooney im not sure, we should never clap off a players whos just been sent off for violent conduct unless of course its against the wee team

TangerineDream
13-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Thought it was a harsh red card. The Qots slogger was way over the top with his fouling on him. Paul put his hand up, fairly forcefully it has to be said, to push the dirty Fud off. It hit the boy on the head. Can see both sides of the argument here, however a yellow would have been more than enough. Saw this clearly from the upper doad, right in front of iz and right in front of the pishy, weakling linesman.

Ref was a Fud also btw. Used to that in Scottish fitba though aye. Pathetic standard of refs every feking week.

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 11:37 AM
he took a swing at him :?

TangerineDream
13-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Think it was harsh and a yellow would have sufficed. Obviously pissed off with the constant fouling from the boy and others. He will have to get used to it though and remain calm.

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Straight red every day for me and by the rules TD

Whitfieldarab
13-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Well I have moved seats from the GFL flank to a more central position and I seen it clear as day, McMullan tried to slap him on the way down from the tackle. No excuses for what he done and what it could have meant to us getting the 3 points. I certainly didn't clap him off and I hope he has learned his lesson as his temperament will be be put to the test even more now. FWIW I think Dundee on Wednesday were more physical than Queens yesterday.

Sutherland Arab
13-08-2017, 12:17 PM
McMullan swung at him as he was trying to free himself from the rugby tackle.
Referee took far too long to react and McM lost the plot.
Red all day, just hope it's not a lengthy ban.

skarne1
13-08-2017, 01:36 PM
What p!ssed me off was the inconsistency by the ref. Their no. 6 in clear view of the GF linesman elbowed Fyvie in the pus and **** all done
And thst talentless pr!ck Rankine should **** right off for his reaction to the sending off.

scoobydufc
13-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Straight red every day for me and by the rules TD

Saw it from E.T. Lower Straight Red in anyone's mind ye can't take a swing at anyone on the park in today's games.
Lad was swiped ,pulled n pushed up to the incident and hope he has learnt from it and won't react like that in the future
The QOS no2 should have been in the book a few minutes earlier and may have saved the sending off
Still can't believe he was applauded going off the park

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Still can't believe he was applauded going off the park Same Scooby, maybe the same people who applaud Rankin eh...

GFLower
13-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Same Scooby, maybe the same people who applaud Rankin eh...

Many people didn't see the so called punch and felt the ref was harshly treating the incident. Dissapointed with Rankin a so called players rep running 30 yards to pressure the ref reminded me of Willie the ref Millar in his heyday.

Charlie arab
13-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Yeah poor show from Rankin trying to influence the ref , also seen the big full back punching the air when the red card came our, job done he thought. Well tough **** ye hammer throwing chunt we only needed 10 men.

Oddsox
13-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Really poor refereeing.
When 2 qots players collided in the box & united tear u the park he calls play back for treatment.i wasn't chuffed, but I understand his decision. But how the f@@k neither player left the field??????
That is simply not the rules.
Then he does exactly the same when a united player got hammered and required treatment????.
During their warm up him and the main Stand linesman were constantly joking with each other , but neither spoke to the gf linesman.
He then sends united coach to the stand for throwing the ball down.
All in all he was trying to be mr players mate and lost the plot.
Also in the 2nd half the gf linesman flagged Stanton offside when there ch was 9 yards in front of him.
Conclusion
We better get used to officials used to doing there job in front off 212 fans and finding themselves in front of the headlights

Chick A Saw
13-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Really poor refereeing.
When 2 qots players collided in the box & united tear u the park he calls play back for treatment.i wasn't chuffed, but I understand his decision. But how the f@@k neither player left the field??????
Then he does exactly the same when a united player got hammered and required treatment????.
During their warm up him and the main Stand linesman were constantly joking with each other , but neither spoke to the gf linesman.
Also in the 2nd half the gf linesman flagged Stanton offside when there ch was 9 yards in front of him.
Conclusion
We better get used to officials used to doing there job in front off 212 fans and finding themselves in front of the headlights

I think rules regarding having to go off after treatment changed as demonstrated when McDonald got clattered. Scott started walking off, but was called back as the offender had been booked. I also think a bit of Refs discretion has been introduced about incidents like Rankin and his colleague fell to. Deciding to allow both players to stay on i thought was the quite right.

Oddsox
13-08-2017, 09:06 PM
I don't know of any rule change, and as far as led to believe there isn't one(could be wrong)
But as a fan if there are changes we should be informed.

Chick A Saw
13-08-2017, 09:11 PM
I don't know of any rule change, and as far as led to believe there isn't one(could be wrong)
But as a fan if there are changes we should be informed.

There was a huge change not so long ago when quite a few rules were thrown out. Bigger one for me was refs discretion for last man yellow or red.

offshore_arab83
14-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Yeah poor show from Rankin trying to influence the ref , also seen the big full back punching the air when the red card came our, job done he thought. Well tough **** ye hammer throwing chunt we only needed 10 men.

Yep, but hes still strangely adored by alot of us arabs :?

TerryTheTerror
14-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Yep, but hes still strangely adored by alot of us arabs :?

It's really weird that, I must say.

TangerineDream
14-08-2017, 08:41 AM
There was a huge change not so long ago when quite a few rules were thrown out. Bigger one for me was refs discretion for last man yellow or red.

Oh really, guess which two teams this will favour then. Refs discretion , feking joke.

offshore_arab83
14-08-2017, 01:32 PM
It's really weird that, I must say.

I get that he comes across as a nice guy, model professional and gave 100% every game but he was never ever a standout, he was poor mostly, sideways and backwards passing and his shooting was on par with most rugby players. Never achieved anything with us but still held in high regards? very very weird...

MagicMugs
14-08-2017, 03:16 PM
I get that he comes across as a nice guy, model professional and gave 100% every game but he was never ever a standout, he was poor mostly, sideways and backwards passing and his shooting was on par with most rugby players. Never achieved anything with us but still held in high regards? very very weird...

We have aye loved a trier though...there's been a few over the years, someone not exactly a gifted footballer but always gives 100%.

tHeArAb
14-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Really poor refereeing.
Conclusion
Not a single player left the field of play after recieving treatment. Rules must've changed.

TerryTheTerror
14-08-2017, 03:19 PM
They have changed, not sure exactly what they are mind you....

MagicMugs
14-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Taken from Sky's website about rule changes for the season ahead;

"If a player is fouled and hurt by an opponent who subsequently receives a yellow or red card for the challenge, the injured player may be quickly treated on the pitch without the need to leave the field of play.

It was widely seen as unfair that a player injured by a serious foul was forced off the pitch for treatment, temporarily placing the fouled team at a numerical disadvantage."

tHeArAb
14-08-2017, 03:43 PM
It was widely seen as unfair that a player injured by a serious foul was forced off the pitch for treatment, temporarily placing the fouled team at a numerical disadvantage."

Nae ****ing ****, yet the powers that be have only just noticed. Sums them up.

offshore_arab83
14-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Nae ****ing ****, yet the powers that be have only just noticed. Sums them up.

Like!!

Greetin in Bed
14-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Like!!
Hey.why were q.o.s refused that bricker of a penalty.?

GFLower
14-08-2017, 07:36 PM

The biggest bore of a Funster is back. Have you no enough worries over at Funville to give up posting sh1te on here.

stokearab
14-08-2017, 07:51 PM
The biggest bore of a Funster is back. Have you no enough worries over at Funville to give up posting sh1te on here.

I predict he'll be greetin in bed again well before Christmas 😅

NOSCOTCAPS
14-08-2017, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=scoobydufc;38620207]Saw it from E.T. Lower Straight Red in anyone's mind ye can't take a swing at anyone on the park in today's games.
Lad was swiped.......

You can if your Anthony Stokes (twice!). Didn't see it in real time where I was sitting but having viewed highlights, on balance he had to go. But again inconsistency and poor refereeing/assistant refereeing blight our game.

O/t why can't injury time be displayed on the Carlos Fandango electronic (with still missing LEDs) scoreboard

ianharab
14-08-2017, 08:03 PM
No got a clue Greetin , was to busy wiping tears o laughter out my eyes , I just heard the score at New Douglas Park , given the run o games you got coming up I suggest you got plenty to worry about

LSArab
14-08-2017, 11:09 PM

Got to be honest Greetin watching it live and then highlights on Arab zone this didn't really cause me any concern and pretty much passed me by

It's great though that you come here to show how much interest you funsters take in united

I've never been on a funsters message board as don't care much about dundee (and I imagine the chat on there is pretty abysmal)

You lot are on here all the time - want to see what is like to post messages about a big club

Just face it - YOU ARE OBSESSED BY UNITED

😂😂😂

Greetin in Bed
15-08-2017, 05:23 AM
Got to be honest Greetin watching it live and then highlights on Arab zone this didn't really cause me any concern and pretty much passed me by

It's great though that you come here to show how much interest you funsters take in united

I've never been on a funsters message board as don't care much about dundee (and I imagine the chat on there is pretty abysmal)

You lot are on here all the time - want to see what is like to post messages about a big club

Just face it - YOU ARE OBSESSED BY UNITED

😂😂😂

Big debts you mean.Corner street club.
A real battering last Wednesday.Played off the park.
But my point is that penalty that was denied.A stonewall penalty.
And I couldn't resist reading stokes riveting thriller.
That's super banter l.s.You are fortunate to have a wiz like stoke as a contributer.

tHeArAb
15-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Penalties are worthless anyway. Especially when ur 'star man' puts them over the bar. 3-0. 0 points. 1 goal scored. 5 goals against. Bottom of the league. Neil McCann. The Mouse. Oh my ****ing sides. XD