PDA

View Full Version : Bruce is a dead man walking.

TrianonDave
12-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Already 2 down and playing catch up 2 games in and 5 points adrift!

Sorry but the 'old man' plan is back firing already, so pi55ed off i'm going to shut my self down for 24 hours before I get banned!!

Jemdave13
12-08-2017, 03:34 PM
The real question is, who would do any better? It's second game in. We can't keep doing the manager merry-go-round.

appac
12-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Bring back Tim Sherwood, Bruce ain't got a clue we need a strike yet he stickers with players you just know ain't going to score hogan 1 goal for villa and useless gabby 2 yet we sign no one apart from midfield players and defenders

freer
12-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Bruce stated he’s looking to sign 2 more players before the transfer window closes

Unless Dr Xia can persuade Lionel Messi & Neymar Jr to commit to A V F C this is going to be painful lesson for our owner

Well were now 3-0 down & I fear this deficit is likely to increase Cardiff are running us ragged they have had 12 shots on target

We've managed a predictable/habitual 1 on target, its another unwelcome reminder this style & system under Bruce is to say the least primitive- & it needs be consigned to the bin

Unless we have the biggest comeback since I was sick out of a train window its another lesson & another game in which we failed to contest

I originally imagined October might see our owner getting an itchy trigger finger

On such performances I think that time scale might be somewhat optimistic http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/afraid/smileys-afraid-334045.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

dazzyowen
12-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Wtf did he say at half time as we only had one or two shots second half compared to 8 I think first half !

It's an absolute joke tbh n another long old season beckons doesn't it ?

Crap

stateside
12-08-2017, 04:25 PM
That's the problem Daz. Every team we face tweaks something at half time and Potato head hasn't a clue. It's one thing having no talent Neanderthals that will just tear through walls for you like Geoff Horsefield, but then you come to Villa and buy slightly better talent but they aren't going to react to that. They want to play, but Bruce has no clue how.

bbvilla
12-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Nobody thought Bruce was anything but a steady the ship after RDM so why is he still here? He simply cannot build attacking sides, hopeless at transfers and subs, and as said an embarrassment at HT. Dr Tony - why not look for a Wagner, Quique, Silva etc in the Euro leagues rather than British dinosaurs.

bbvilla
12-08-2017, 04:54 PM
And of course Rudi Gestede just scored for Boro FFS!! Another Bruce masterstroke.

picasso
12-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Bruce must take responsibility of course as Villa have better players than Cardiff, but then Liverpool have better players than Watford and Chelsea have better players than Burnley. That's why we love footy. On to the next.......

Exiledvillan
12-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Bruce must take responsibility of course as Villa have better players than Cardiff, but then Liverpool have better players than Watford and Chelsea have better players than Burnley. That's why we love footy. On to the next.......

Agree to a certain degree Picasso. SB continues to pick Gabby n Hutton= one short up front and a liability down the right flank. How many years has Gabby bi sh1t? Alan (Mr Bean) Hutton has always been sh1t, but hey, he has passion, he runs through brick walls for the club (hereby missing the ball) and he looks hard with his coloured arms.

So we have a serious achilles heal in defence and a crying shame of a disgrace as a player/ambassador up front. Add to that we have a manager (who may be a likeable bloke), who INSISTS on picking them both, and plays a system that bypasses midfield, yet buys shed loads of midfielders!!!!

AAHHH, I'm so disappointed.

I should of listened to 'Lefty' years ago, when he said never post until 36 hours after a match, let the head cool first, win lose or draw.

I will from now on!!

Exiledvillan
12-08-2017, 06:20 PM

Agree to a certain degree Picasso. SB continues to pick Gabby n Hutton= one short up front and a liability down the right flank. How many years has Gabby bi sh1t? Alan (Mr Bean) Hutton has always been sh1t, but hey, he has passion, he runs through brick walls for the club (hereby missing the ball) and he looks hard with his coloured arms.

So we have a serious achilles heal in defence and a crying shame of a disgrace as a player/ambassador up front. Add to that we have a manager (who may be a likeable bloke), who INSISTS on picking them both, and plays a system that bypasses midfield, yet buys shed loads of midfielders!!!!

AAHHH, I'm so disappointed.

I should of listened to 'Lefty' years ago, when he said never post until 36 hours after a match, let the head cool first, win lose or draw.

I will from now on!!

bongosdad
12-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Let's not panic yet.

freer
13-08-2017, 03:48 AM
Let's not panic yet.

* Toothless, terrible, horrendous, string of four-letter words, pick your negative adjective(s). It was pathetic. Shots on target usually tell a compelling story — 12-1.

*That understates just how bad Aston Villa were. The heads dropped and every fan had flashbacks to recent years.

Exiled says “SB continues to pick Gabby n Hutton= one short up front and a liability down the right flank. How many years has Gabby bi sh1t?

* So we have a serious achilles heal in defence and a crying shame of a disgrace as a player/ambassador up front.

*Add to that we have a manager (who may be a likeable bloke), who INSISTS on picking them both”

Bongo, had I dare make such blasphemous observation re; “Mr Aston Villa” you'd be off on one of your ill conceived apoplectic/outbursts,

* With “rave” reviews like those above......Do give us the nod if the penny drops !

bongosdad
13-08-2017, 04:55 AM
The whole team were shiit so let's not blame Gabby for everything.

yubbywelch
13-08-2017, 05:05 AM
I am with Bingo, no time to panic. Always 1/2 dozen games for me is the time to then reassess.

But I do hope the management and players are sweating a little.

Don't get me started on Gabby.

bongosdad
13-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Spot in yubby. Let's hope is a big wake up call.

freer
13-08-2017, 07:35 AM
I am with Bingo, no time to panic. Always 1/2 dozen games for me is the time to then reassess.

But I do hope the management and players are sweating a little.

Don't get me started on Gabby.

Yubby no one is saying it was strictly down to Hutton & Agbonlahor the unavoidable facts remain:

However hard Hutton works, he is culpable of single-handedly breaking up more attacks than our opponents as he gifts the ball to the opposition 95% of the time

Bruce must consider Lambert, Sherwood, Remi Garde, & Di Matteo were all mistaken with their professional assessments on Mr Aston Villa

The guys stats over the past 6 ½ seasons corroborate Gabby is a dud with a capital D

What position does he play in? Is he effective on the ball ?

I presume Bruce’s instructions “ Today Gabby just — go out and run around on the pitch aimlessly “

The inescapable facts are while ever Mr Bruce has http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/202/animated-dog-image-0032.gif (http://www.animatedimages.org/cat-dogs-202.htm) playing we ain't never ever gonna progress

freer
13-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Spot in yubby. Let's hope is a big wake up call.

Especially for those who remain constantly dormant in Swansea eh ?http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/ok-wink.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

bongosdad
13-08-2017, 09:15 AM
I don't live in Swansea anymore

TrianonDave
13-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Guys, calm down. The blame for yesterdays debacle does belong to anyone on here!

The blame clearly lies with Bruce and his coaching staff who strangely enough are all EX Blues staff / players!! Even with Mr Villa even with the Mighty John Terry, we look no different to last term, where is this experience in the ranks that would make a difference, have we now already turned Terry and Whelan into bad players already?

Taylor
Terry
Whelan
Hurihane
Landsbury
Hogan

For example were all great players for their former clubs so why can they just not hack it at Villa Park??

Absolutely massive game on Tuesday and forget the result, this is now a statement of commitment, Can they respond and put in an away performance that shows we are making a difference, really, we need to go in a batter Norwich but me thinks we are going to end up with nothing and by Saturday we will be bottom of the league after 3 games! the only saving grace is that Newcastle lost their first 2 games but won the league.

Bruce has got to turn it round rather rapid or I can see him getting the boot by the end of the Month, he is now the bookies favourite to be the first in the sack race. This should be music to all our bombed out players and hopefully if he does go then take Gabby with him, No its not Gabby's fault but its like a jinx, while he is in the squad we look ****e.
On top of all that we now have awoken the Noses and that is making me feel physically sick!!

TrianonDave
13-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Add to all that the fuss Bruce has made of MacCormack missing training, Well, I have to ask what did he actually miss, coming over all prim and proper and being responsible for a team and tactics so poor is now making him totally inept, he keeps going on about a striker but we already have one who in my humble opinion has not been given a chance, hopefully when David Moyes comes in as a snap panic managerial change, being a fellow scot will actually give him a chance.

picasso
13-08-2017, 10:09 AM
If he were to go who who we replace him with? He's actually got a great record in this league and if he can't turn us around I don't know who can. We have tried young and old, foreign, English, Irish and the dreaded Scottish. One thing we haven't tried is consistency and I personally would like to give that a go. As long as he doesn't get us relegated I'd give Bruce at least three years. I've put up with an underachieving club for over fifty years (bar the amazing early eighties) so I can do a few more if needs be.

I also don't want any more signings. We actually have some very good players. They just need gelling into a competitive team.

yubbywelch
13-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Yubby no one is saying it was strictly down to Hutton & Agbonlahor the unavoidable facts remain:

However hard Hutton works, he is culpable of single-handedly breaking up more attacks than our opponents as he gifts the ball to the opposition 95% of the time

Bruce must consider Lambert, Sherwood, Remi Garde, & Di Matteo were all mistaken with their professional assessments on Mr Aston Villa

The guys stats over the past 6 ½ seasons corroborate Gabby is a dud with a capital D

What position does he play in? Is he effective on the ball ?

I presume Bruce’s instructions “ Today Gabby just — go out and run around on the pitch aimlessly “

The inescapable facts are while ever Mr Bruce has http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/202/animated-dog-image-0032.gif (http://www.animatedimages.org/cat-dogs-202.htm) playing we ain't never ever gonna progress

Freer all I am saying is in 6 games we will have a real idea on game formation, tactics, new players, how the team gels. So for me not time to call off with his head.

BUT all concern do need to start to feel the heat cause 1 point from 2 is not a good start.

westcountryvillain
13-08-2017, 10:54 AM
As ever AVFC never fail to disappoint, I didn't catch the result until later on yesterday and was flippin' glad of that as it ruined what was left of the day, I too heeded Lefty's cooling off comments before coming on here. Bruce often talks of the malaise in recent years but this is now HIS team, nearly 5,000 fans spent their hard earned to go and support them, what they got was a wholesale lack of commitment - unforegivable, and really worrying.

How do we end up with Hogan and McCormack, both prolific at their former clubs & repaying nothing of the massive investment from Dr Xia? How with such a defensive approach to games to we allow the goal to be peppered, Warnock done a number on us again or can our lot just not be bothered?

Already feels like we've no positives, thank f@!% the next game's around the corner - football eh!

WCV

samhubball
13-08-2017, 11:00 AM
The football in the championship is not pretty and is completely different to the premier. We have a not very pretty manager and we are playing not very pretty football. There are 136 points still available this season and if Steve Bruce can't get us up then we must be cursed

TrianonDave
13-08-2017, 11:13 AM
The football in the championship is not pretty and is completely different to the premier. We have a not very pretty manager and we are playing not very pretty football. There are 136 points still available this season and if Steve Bruce can't get us up then we must be cursed

Well Ive just watched all the highlights from the EFL on TV and we are just NOT at it like other clubs, they seem to have a bunch on nobody's BUT they all play as a team and battle like crazy, this along with Bruce's lack of ability to read and then change a game is the worrying thing for me! We lost a winger and replaced him with another winger so how come this upset the balance of the team, Bull.

One manager took my eye Yesterday and showed just what Bruce is missing, Mick McCarthy saw his team going down 1-0, what did he do? he changed the formation and brought on two subs in the 2nd half and guess what, they both scored and they won 2-1. That's how to do it!!! For Bruce to use Elmo's injury as an excuse for that debacle is complete tosh, we were already a goal down and chasing the game. Hogan should be given shooting practice, how many 1 on 1's does he need before he scores, we have to get sharper in front of goal.

Are we missing Koj and this morning I hear Everton are sniffing, would not surprize me if he goes!!

Exiledvillan
14-08-2017, 11:43 AM
No way am I calling for SB’s head, just that he wakes up and smell the proverbials. He says the squad needs rattling, sorry Steve it’s YOU who needs rattling. Open your eyes, Gabby is sh1te and has been for years. Even if/when he scores, that’s it, feet up, with the occasional, embarrassing, fumbling, rash challenge. Why can’t he use a goal as a springboard to further goals/assists/contributions? Hutton is an appalling footballer, not a bad person, not a demon, just appalling at football. I don’t hate the two aforementioned ‘players’, or wish them any ill, I just want the manager to STOP picking them to start.
Bongo and Yubbs, no panic at my end lads, just frustration and disbelief at team selection.
We all have opinions; Bongo likes Gabby, Yubbs likes David and Dave likes Hutton. Everyone’s OPINION are valid as fans, however SB’s opinions are his job and his decisions are costing the club. He needs to look at himself and his opinions and decisions. In any other workplace this could be considered as a 1st verbal warning, not a final written warning.
Bruce is a proven successful promotion gaining manager, and now by his own admission, is in the biggest job in his managerial career. So step up Steve, wake up Steve and show your worth.

TrianonDave
14-08-2017, 12:59 PM
I smell humble pie for steve Bruce. Ross Mac in the u23s tonight to help him gain match fitness, maybe Bruce has realised just how **** gabby and hogan are and is having an 11th hour rethink?

stateside
14-08-2017, 07:12 PM
I don't have a clue who to replace Bruce with. My choices are all now back in the Premier league so we wouldn't stand a chance of getting them, which means going back to the tired old roulette wheel to see who comes up to be recycled. I think Xia should monitor the Newcastle situation and if the fat Spanish Waiter walks grab him and fire Bruce as soon as you get a verbal.

ozfan
14-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Oh no not sack the manager two games in. :( I don't recall too many complaining of his appointment and are we forgetting at one stage we were in real danger of slipping into relegation. Again. He's a bit dour tactically but I believe he did a good job in a team and management seemingly hard set in a negative mindset and lack of belief. We keep turning over managers like changing bed sheets. How many now since MoN left? Feels like a hundred. It doesn't work. We need to stick to a manager even if we have a rubbish season. We are going to have to fight and graft our way out of here like everyone else. .....but anyway

Acido
14-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Now then Dazza Villingham, hows things eh matey ? lol. Whats the good doctor Joseph Venglos doing these days!!

Hey Villa's Ive brought this subject up on here a few times in this last year or so, (and I will ask again) can you make such a negative view after just 2 games into a 46 game season ?. And more importantly, is it such a bad thing even if you don't go up again this season ?.
I/we do say similar negative things because we knew it was going to be a relegation struggle, and once again this question comes down to hopes and expectations.

bongosdad
15-08-2017, 01:19 AM
Spot on Oz and Acido

samhubball
15-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Spot on Acido! 135 points left to play for, played Hull and Cardiff and got a point but could have been 3. We went on a mini run of wins last year. I don't know what the stats say but I can't ever imagine any championship side would go more than half a dozen games without losing.

Like I said - if Steve Bruce can't get us up then there must be a curse left on the club by MON's gran or something.

So long as we are not in danger of relegation then I'd give Bruce at least 2 full seasons, maybe 3.

His selection of Gabby and Hutton frustrates us but we aren't watching them in training. And actually the link up between Hutton and elmo was quite exciting against hull.

And I agree with whether we want to go up. I'd rather be in the championship and build a special team. The premier offers nothing to me personally. I don't care about the money. OK it's always good to be in the top flight for the kudos but there would have to be a tidal shift for villa to be competitive and winning trophies or getting champs league footy

TrianonDave
15-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Firstly I'm not turning but I cannot help but think what excuse Brush will come up with IF we lose tonight. Granted if we won then he should milk it.maybe I am suffering PTSD from the last 6 years of false hope let downs and watching utter garbage.
I need rehabilitating and a win tonight will go some way to doing this, lose and I could drop out of society!!

TrianonDave
15-08-2017, 11:53 AM
That's Bruce.....

picasso
15-08-2017, 11:56 AM
.......unless he tries to sweep the next defeat under the carpet

stateside
15-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Sorry, but the Championship is like being in outer space when you live in the States. The past 2 seasons every match in the Prem was shown with the exception of a few games you had to stream. Now they've taken away all that and if you don't want to watch the premium games you have to pay, so Burnley and Huddersfield will be only shown if they are playing the big 6 or they actually stay at the top.

Meanwhile the Championship went from 3 games per weekend to zero.

I didn't want Bruce as manager but accepted it as safe, but despite a few wins that RDM couldn't get us we began to go from losing by the odd goal or drawing under him after hitting the post ump**** times to getting slaughtered at Brentford and at home to Barnsley and now Cardiff.

We were bad under RDM. We are dreadful under Bruce.

He needs to turn it around starting tonight. A loss isn't the end of the world but to be dire and lose is. Someone on here compared us and our so called better players vs Cardiff to Chelsea vs Burnley. Well, I watched Chelsea vs Burnley and Chelsea's players only crime was arrogance to continue playing the same style with 10 men, but their manger tweaked things and they even scored with 9 men on the field. Give me that want to attitude to win or at least make a game of it and we're good.

"Hard work will beat talent if talent doesn't work hard". Josh Onomah.

TrianonDave
15-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Something just is not right at Villa but what I do know this game was supposed to be a reaction to the debacle from Cardiff, we are 2 down already and looking even worse that that display tonight.

Sacked in the morning.......

stateside
15-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Still the same. We have no room to pass when we have the ball, it's like we are on Gresty Rd Crewe then Reading gets the ball and it looks like Wembley Stadium. Second half and Stam has adjusted and Bruce has done sweet FA

TrianonDave
15-08-2017, 08:27 PM
No wait, we got to go for it now and yesss Bruce makes a change, Hutton is on....I bet Ross Mac is pi55ing himself now. Bruce you tw4t.