PDA

View Full Version : Under the circumstances

USArab
12-08-2017, 03:58 PM
That's a very welcome valuable 3 points!

No matter what the performance was like.

offshore_arab83
12-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Great win under the circumstances, can blame McMullen for that!

bobafett
12-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Yep. Happy with that. Falkirk and St Mirren dropping points was a bonus, too.

offshore_arab83
12-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Ict bottom is pleasing

USArab
12-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Ict bottom is pleasing

As indeed the funny wee team over the road are.

Another Carlesberg Saturday!

tangerino83
12-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Yep. Happy with that. Falkirk and St Mirren dropping points was a bonus, too.

Dunfermline will be the main challengers this year. They looked a better team than us last year.

utd4me
12-08-2017, 04:33 PM
i thought last season that morton played some great football, can see them causing us and others problems.

offshore_arab83
12-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Dunfermline will be the main challengers this year. They looked a better team than us last year.

No chance IMO

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Even though we beat them nearly every time we played them? And we've taken their best player. If they are to be our nearest challengers then we will romp this league imo

tHeArAb
12-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Even though we beat them nearly every time we played them? And we've taken their best player. If they are to be our nearest challengers then we will romp this league imo

Who did we sign from Dunfermline?

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 04:53 PM

Hardly a shining example but McMullan was on loan at Dunfermline last season. Hope he learns from today!

I actually quite enjoyed the game today and really cant wait until they gel properly. I think a target man should be a priority, but on the other hand, who would be the one to be dropped?

Whitfieldarab
12-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Hardly a shining example but McMullan was on loan at Dunfermline last season. Hope he learns from today!

I actually quite enjoyed the game today and really cant wait until they gel properly. I think a target man should be a priority, but on the other hand, who would be the one to be dropped?

Don't know if he would be dropped to accommodate a target man but Billy King hasn't impressed me at all.

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 05:11 PM

We signed mcmullan from Celtic but was on loan at dunfermline last season and was their best player

bobafett
12-08-2017, 05:22 PM
We signed mcmullan from Celtic but was on loan at dunfermline last season and was their best player
He's was indeed. I know a few Dunfermline fans who said exactly that when we signed him.

ianharab
12-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Don't know about King , thought he put a shift in today

stokearab
12-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Happy with that. 2 out of 2. Get to the top and stay there. Looking forward to Darrens ratings.

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Don't know if he would be dropped to accommodate a target man but Billy King hasn't impressed me at all.

It is a rare thing when we agree, but i am not yet decided and am leaning over to the unimpressed. He did put in a good shift today, by the jury is sitting.

Arabdad
12-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Have criticised Scott Fraser on here for being a powder puff who disappears when the going gets tough, but I'm more than happy to eat humble pie today. He turned the game when he came on. With 10 men we were struggling second half (particularly the way Edge was playing at times). Thought Fraser gave us an outlet with pace and passing on the right to link play together. As for McMullan, he has a lot to learn if he's going to let a fud like Rooney wind him up. He won the foul so there was no need to slap the big **** in the pus.

the_arab
12-08-2017, 06:20 PM
good result under the circumstances.

good points:
Stanton is a player
Fyvie started showing signs of the player we hope he will be, at fault for his part in the goal and some slack play however some neat passes and much needed composure on the ball at times
McDonald off and running
McMullans run for the goal
Murdoch is a massive upgrade on Toshney at rb and looked good i thought
Looked good with 10 men up the hill

Bad points:
McMullan red
Edge/Robson look like they have a lot of mistakes in them
Keatings looked off pace
Thought we were pretty poor with 11 men in first half

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Bad points:
McMullan red
Edge/Robson look like they have a lot of mistakes in them
Keatings looked off pace
Thought we were pretty poor with 11 men in first half

Edge took a knock early doors and i thought would not come out second half. Robson i think had one of his best games for us and looks an improvement on last season. Keatings looked like he was just back from injury and i thought things had just clicked when McMullan took his swipe.

One bad point to add with Flood being the one on the end of the break away near the end! If only it was someone with an eye for goal, it could have been 3-1!

DerryJungle
12-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Delighted with the result under those circumstances today. We would have lost that game last season.

For a guy who was probably the most "meh" signing of the summer, Stanton's quickly proving himself to be a big, big player for us this season, looks like everything we hoped Telfer would become.

the_arab
12-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Edge took a knock early doors and i thought would not come out second half. Robson i think had one of his best games for us and looks an improvement on last season. Keatings looked like he was just back from injury and i thought things had just clicked when McMullan took his swipe.

One bad point to add with Flood being the one on the end of the break away near the end! If only it was someone with an eye for goal, it could have been 3-1!

Ye i thought Robson generally played really well however him and edge beside each other give a few heart in the mouth moments

Giant_Jouster
12-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Delighted with the result under those circumstances today. We would have lost that game last season.

For a guy who was probably the most "meh" signing of the summer, Stanton's quickly proving himself to be a big, big player for us this season, looks like everything we hoped Telfer would become.

I absolutely love the fact that Sam Stanton is prepared to take on and commit opponents and break through the lines. Sure, he sometimes gave the ball away, but i can live with that when he works as hard. This mirrored my view on Simon Murray. I'm also delighted for Scott Fraser, who I have always maintained is our most skilful player, but questioned his heart and his desire and his will. Scott should look at Sam and try to match or beat whatever stats goes to his GPS. If they two have a private battle, we will benefit as a Club.

stokearab
12-08-2017, 09:33 PM
I absolutely love the fact that Sam Stanton is prepared to take on and commit opponents and break through the lines. Sure, he sometimes gave the ball away, but i can live with that when he works as hard. This mirrored my view on Simon Murray. I'm also delighted for Scott Fraser, who I have always maintained is our most skilful player, but questioned his heart and his desire and his will. Scott should look at Sam and try to match or beat whatever stats goes to his GPS. If they two have a private battle, we will benefit as a Club.

Would imagine Fraser will start next week now. With better players around him than previously, hopefully he will improve and deliver on a regular basis.

ianharab
12-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Thought we done well today all things considered , McMullen mad moment apart , everyone put in a shift when we down to 10 men , even Fraser , Edge is having a nightmare start to the season worth putting Quinn there , Murdoch much better than Toshney at right back , really like Stanton , thought Fyvie despite lack of games , was alright today

ianharab
12-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Ps , played 4-4-2 then 4-4-1 , got to stick with this , not the 1 of course , get that 4-2-3-1 to ****

Chick A Saw
13-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Thought we done well today all things considered , McMullen mad moment apart , everyone put in a shift when we down to 10 men , even Fraser , Edge is having a nightmare start to the season worth putting Quinn there , Murdoch much better than Toshney at right back , really like Stanton , thought Fyvie despite lack of games , was alright today

I actually forgot Murdoch was playing for a while. And Fyvie i think made a few mistakes through the game that will probably disappear once up to full fitness. His run just before being hauled off nearly finished him though!

And i thought it was 4-5 we played towards the end?

shedboy71
13-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Ps , played 4-4-2 then 4-4-1 , got to stick with this , not the 1 of course , get that 4-2-3-1 to ****

Yes please - I expect Mcmullens replacement will be Fraser - takes away the direct running at defenders though and that i think is going to win us a lot of games this season. He will be missed and hopefully come back play the same way and defenders wont cope - in fact they may get sent off instead of him. Silly lad but he should come back an even better player. He will be a target though.

shedka
13-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Very good 3 pts after the sending off, i'd have taken 6 pts over a different outcome on Wednesday (the fun can have their cup final moment and 0 pts), gives us a very good platform to build from and we'll only get better in the coming weeks imo

Also extends the impressive home record under McKinnon to played 28 won 19 drawn 8 lost 1

Roll on Tues/Sat