PDA

View Full Version : Ads

Comptonpie
12-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Websites **** can't do anything without one popping up

skandark
12-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Websites **** can't do anything without one popping up

I use the Ghostery extension, works a treat. Is available for Chrome and IE and Firefox, not sure about edge though.

countygump
12-08-2017, 05:00 PM
I use the Ghostery extension, works a treat. Is available for Chrome and IE and Firefox, not sure about edge though.

If your Win10 is updated to the latest version, ad bl0ck is now available for Edge at the Windows Store.

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 05:03 PM
If your Win10 is updated to the latest version, ad bl0ck is now available for Edge at the Windows Store.

Windows 10, A-B-P via Firefox...no ads

SwalePie
12-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Windows 10, A-B-P via Firefox...no ads

Yep same with Chrome and A - b -P , no ads.

The_Don_ORiordan
13-08-2017, 08:18 AM
I'm on iOS and pretty much have given up posting long posts. The ads appearing part way through mean you lose them. Beyond annoying. Just no need.

queenslandpie
13-08-2017, 08:23 AM
I'm on iOS and pretty much have given up posting long posts. The ads appearing part way through mean you lose them. Beyond annoying. Just no need.

The phone thing is ad central but I dont really look at this sort of thing on a phone anyway. Firefox with ad block and kaspersky really no issues at all.

Old_pie
13-08-2017, 08:45 AM

I occasionally use a low end Android to look at this forum and last night it was unusable. Ads are fine providing they don't invade but it seems as if the system developers are driven to do it and make it easy to press on the wrong thing by mistake. Any apps that are ad-centric get removed.

On the desktop it's Firefox and at the moment the u_block software so "what ads?".

A sensible level and I would tolerate them so as far as I'm concerned they are being totally counter productive.

Steward
13-08-2017, 08:51 AM
What ads. I Use chrome + ad blocker on my S7 phone.

mattpie
13-08-2017, 09:08 AM

Try an app called 1Blocker - free version makes iOS Safari useable again for me!

LaxtonLad
13-08-2017, 09:48 AM
******* and ******* plus on computer and Phone has always worked fine and both are free. Use of capital A blocked.

ancientpie
13-08-2017, 10:39 AM

At one time MAD was trying to charge £25 per year for an ad free site & I suspect that it is this that they are trying to sell rather than actually expecting to sell stuff through these very invasive ads. Thankfully with the aid of a few "tech heads" on here I used a free blocker & now have no probs.