PDA

View Full Version : Didn't deserve that loss

Romared
12-08-2017, 04:44 PM
We should have had that won easily by half time !!
poor showing second half ! Subs ?? Bradshaw must have got a knock ? He was having a decent game ,
MOM easily Mccarthy , not impressed by the lad from Everton Williams ! Early days yet , but some of the defending is appalling ,
Old Head needed in theer ,
Forza di Reds DTFLWG >:(

DragonTyke
12-08-2017, 05:01 PM
poor showing second half ! Subs ?? Bradshaw must have got a knock ? He was having a decent game ,
MOM easily Mccarthy , not impressed by the lad from Everton Williams ! Early days yet , but some of the defending is appalling ,
agreed, we could and should have been 3 up or more by half time. I watched it on iFollow live video stream and we were easily the better side in the first half. Some crap defending second half cost us...but really the lack of a sure fire striker cost us today and if not addressed will do so in the future.

Jules88
12-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Thought at one nil we should have pushed harder. They'd have collapsed. We were that good:
We didn't. And on 50 minutes they got on top. We dominated first half. We have to learn to BURY teams when we r on top
That's could have been 4-0 at half time
3 points lost
But encouraging

yorkshireborn
12-08-2017, 05:29 PM

1st half yep shouda been 3 nowt up but the signs was there in defence that all was not good second half was just 5h1te it seemed that they just forgot how to go forward McDonald should have stayed on his farm he had no idea second half they were standing miles of the forwards back post was never covered they went thru as though we wernt there.
yes Mccarthy was my MOTM mick saw we were poor in defence and put 2 subs on and they changed the game and scored 2 easy goals.

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Brilliant first half. Absolute bag of **** second half. Is Bradshaw shagging Hecky's wife?? Pearson good player blowing outta his ar53 after 35 mins. Poor management. Worst thing about it...we won't play many worse teams than that this season. Agree wi' Roma. Williams was sideways n' backwards and when he did need to put a fornicating tackle in he didn't. Ipswich's second goal was as poor a goal to concede as I've ever seen. Absolutely fuming we've just p1ssed away 3 points chaps.

Romared
12-08-2017, 07:59 PM
I Really like Davies and Mcdonald , I don'think either of them are vocal enough tho ? That second goal today , good finish (from a player we could do with ) defence were wide open , no communication at all ! Davies can see all in front of him , but is too quiet he should be bullying his defenders and rollockin them , Mcdonald is probably getting found out a bit now , we expect a lot from him and to be fair he has been good , Jackson ? Pinnock ? Neither are a Mawson ora Roberts , too much pressure on young heads ? I think so !! Experienced centre half and same up front would be a big benefit to these young lads , some of the football in the first half was top class , heads dropped after the equaliser , and apart from a brief 10/15 spell in second half Ipswich were in control , saw some good signs today ! Don't write us off yet

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 08:18 PM
I Really like Davies and Mcdonald , I don'think either of them are vocal enough tho ? That second goal today , good finish (from a player we could do with ) defence were wide open , no communication at all ! Davies can see all in front of him , but is too quiet he should be bullying his defenders and rollockin them , Mcdonald is probably getting found out a bit now , we expect a lot from him and to be fair he has been good , Jackson ? Pinnock ? Neither are a Mawson ora Roberts , too much pressure on young heads ? I think so !! Experienced centre half and same up front would be a big benefit to these young lads , some of the football in the first half was top class , heads dropped after the equaliser , and apart from a brief 10/15 spell in second half Ipswich were in control , saw some good signs today ! Don't write us off yet

I just find it bewildering that the club expect these lads to bloom without a bit of fertilizer .

I've come to the conclusion that our health on the pitch doesn't matter , our championship status earned in the hardest way possible seems to be getting t ossed away without a thought .

The only thing that seems to mean anything is how much we can get for our players in the transfer market .

It resembles a closing down sale , everything must go .

DOOALI
12-08-2017, 08:51 PM
👍 Like

Exiletyke
12-08-2017, 08:57 PM
I just find it bewildering that the club expect these lads to bloom without a bit of fertilizer .

I've come to the conclusion that our health on the pitch doesn't matter , our championship status earned in the hardest way possible seems to be getting t ossed away without a thought .

The only thing that seems to mean anything is how much we can get for our players in the transfer market .

So what are we banking all this money for exactly?

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 09:01 PM
So what are we banking all this money for exactly?

I'm as in the dark as the next man exile , tell me if I'm wrong but I haven't read one statement from the club telling what the plan is regarding the profits .

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 09:16 PM
I could enlighten you but its down right animosity and distasteful and too rude to print XD

Romared
12-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Animal
all the above aside which I don't totally agree with , what about today's performance , players , selections, tactics , Substitutions ? I don't know if you went or not ? ( that's not the point anyway ) what went wrong in your view today ? Is Hecky impervious to critism about his tactics or Substitutions , is he naive enough to think it will all come good , and if we are not good enough this season and get relegated , we will bounce back next season , is he above himself thinking he holds the aces , job security guaranteed ,

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Animal
all the above aside which I don't totally agree with , what about today's performance , players , selections, tactics , Substitutions ? I don't know if you went or not ? ( that's not the point anyway ) what went wrong in your view today ? Is Hecky impervious to critism about his tactics or Substitutions , is he naive enough to think it will all come good , and if we are not good enough this season and get relegated , we will bounce back next season , is he above himself thinking he holds the aces , job security guaranteed ,

Not gone today but hopefully I'll get down for the Forest game , fingers crossed .

I don't know whether this is right or what but apparently Bradshaw was blowing out of his ass and that's why he was taken off .

Make of that what you will .

Exiletyke
12-08-2017, 09:31 PM
I could enlighten you but its down right animosity and distasteful and too rude to print XD

Aw go on Ponte it's never stopped you before

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 09:31 PM
I think Hecky's blowin' out of hus ar53 and taking Bradshaw off compounded that feeling. Is there anybody out there with a job he'd take because fcuk knows what he said to 'em at half time.

Romared
12-08-2017, 09:39 PM
I'm as in the dark as the next man exile , tell me if I'm wrong but I haven't read one statement from the club telling what the plan is regarding the profits .
What Profits ? And why would they let us know anyway ? It seems the club has been running at a considerable loss for a long time , loans , taxes etc had to be paid , we know who helped them situations , if not the club would have gone under again , The owner needed reimbursing and rightly so , There won't be as much available as we think , the balance sheet will show what we have and havent when published

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 09:45 PM
What Profits ? And why would they let us know anyway ? It seems the club has been running at a considerable loss for a long time , loans , taxes etc had to be paid , we know who helped them situations , if not the club would have gone under again , The owner needed reimbursing and rightly so , There won't be as much available as we think , the balance sheet will show what we have and havent when published

I've no problem with the Cryne family getting reimbursed roma and a million or two on top for their time and trouble .

Acido
12-08-2017, 09:51 PM
I think Hecky's blowin' out of hus ar53 and taking Bradshaw off compounded that feeling. Is there anybody out there with a job he'd take because fcuk knows what he said to 'em at half time.

I wasn't there today Ponty so Im only going on fans comments who were there again... but they all seem to be saying similar things.
That we totally outplayed them in the first half and looked quite good as an attacking team in certain parts, and that Ipswich were very lucky to not be 3 or 4 behind at half time.
If thats true then we've only got ourselves to blame for not finishing them off, and that can't be put down to bad luck can it.
What pees me off is Hecky started with 1 (Bradshaw) up front on his own, and this has been proved to be a pathetic formation and choice, so why does he do it against an Ipswich team who will struggle this season, and who were there to be beaten today and we would have done with a better formation and a better choice of subs. Soz Hecky, but this one is down to you and nobody else!.

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 10:01 PM
I wasn't there today Ponty so Im only going on fans comments who were there again... but they all seem to be saying similar things.
That we totally outplayed them in the first half and looked quite good as an attacking team in certain parts, and that Ipswich were very lucky to not be 3 or 4 behind at half time.
If thats true then we've only got ourselves to blame for not finishing them off, and that can't be put down to bad luck can it.
What pees me off is Hecky started with 1 (Bradshaw) up front on his own, and this has been proved to be a pathetic formation and choice, so why does he do it against an Ipswich team who will struggle this season, and who were there to be beaten today and we would have done with a better formation and a better choice of subs. Soz Hecky, but this one is down to you and nobody else!.

Apparently Bradshaw was up to the challenge of up top on his own and played very well .

Acido
12-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Apparently Bradshaw was up to the challenge of up top on his own and played very well .

Ok then if thats the case then why did Hecky take him off for Ugbo, who doesn't have a clue about that sort of role at this level, at this stage of his career ?.
And then bringing on Payne later on to try and make it 2 up front was a late token gesture, the game sounded like it was gone by then.
Hey somebody/anybody, tell me if Im wrong to post this. Im disappointed to read lots of fans comments tonight suggesting that Hecky really is losing the plot. Hes been given a ridiculous job to do and I think its slowly starting to take the best out of him..
Id be surpised if hes still here by the end of this 'window', and yes I think things really are heading that way. :(

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Acido your reight Hecky did drop a ******* and Payne was a token gesture. I was there mate. Absolute bag of wan k second half. Bradshaw shrugged his shoulders when he was subbed as if to say why int that bag of sh1te Potts being subbed there's a lorry outside needs a new wheel.

Romared
12-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Bradshaw had a decent game and probably should have scored at least 2 , he didnt appear to me that he was struggling , Payne did well when he came on , chased down defenders on his own with no backup from his team mates , he needs a goal and more game time , as for the French lad introduced at half time ? Kissing the badge and fist pumping ! Well good luck with all that , i hope he does really well , Let's see and give them all a fair chance , that includes Hecky ( although I still think he needs some help and experience ) Clapham shows no sign of passion as I see it

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Ok then if thats the case then why did Hecky take him off for Ugbo, who doesn't have a clue about that sort of role at this level, at this stage of his career ?.
And then bringing on Payne later on to try and make it 2 up front was a late token gesture, the game sounded like it was gone by then.
Hey somebody/anybody, tell me if Im wrong to post this. Im disappointed to read lots of fans comments tonight suggesting that Hecky really is losing the plot. Hes been given a ridiculous job to do and I think its slowly starting to take the best out of him..
Id be surpised if hes still here by the end of this 'window', and yes I think things really are heading that way. :(

He was blowing out of his ass apparently , I'm not suggesting he's unfit but more he needs to game manage himself , that will come once he gets a little more experience in that role .

I think we may all be surprised by the role Thiam plays here once he gets a shirt .

I think personally he will be played out wide and Hecky will stick with the one striker .

We are way off expansive football in my opinion , we've lost far too much offensive quality for that .

We need a dogs of war attitude and that's not often pretty , you start with the defensive side and work from there .

A 0-0 draw on tuesday would offer me hope that we are developing on the right path .

Acido
12-08-2017, 10:48 PM
To Ponty & Roma, I wish I could say you two and me are both posting bollox, and we should have a word with ourselves etc. But I can't!!.
I liked the fact that Hecky went with proper players today, and by that I mean Hammill & Hedges in their proper wing positions. And can anybody who was there say they did a bad job as two attack minded wingers ?.
But I still hate the 1 up front idea and nothing will ever change my mind about this. What exactly was Hecky's reason for going 1 up front today at home against a team who will also struggle this season (they might have won 2 out of 2, but they WILL struggle in the long run).

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 11:01 PM
To Ponty & Roma, I wish I could say you two and me are both posting bollox, and we should have a word with ourselves etc. But I can't!!.
I liked the fact that Hecky went with proper players today, and by that I mean Hammill & Hedges in their proper wing positions. And can anybody who was there say they did a bad job as two attack minded wingers ?.
But I still hate the 1 up front idea and nothing will ever change my mind about this. What exactly was Hecky's reason for going 1 up front today at home against a team who will also struggle this season (they might have won 2 out of 2, but they WILL struggle in the long run).

You have to walk before you can run acido , Ipswich may not be a top team but they aren't mugs either as they proved today .

The defensive side set up correctly offers an opportunity to nick one .

Yes we are at that level today , it is what it is , blowing teams away with three first half goals is way way down the line .

Got to keep ourselves in games or 90% of this league will blow us away if we take em on at the moment .

yorkshireborn
12-08-2017, 11:04 PM
when we saw ugbo getting ready to come on we all said on our row that potts is the 1 to come of we couldn't believe it when Bradshaws number come up we said he's taking our best player off once hammill went off there was nothing down the wing the game just fizzled out.
there will be much better teams than a poor Ipswich coming and that defence will get hammered by decent quality.

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 11:20 PM
4th bottom gets the job done , if it's tough to watch then it's tough to watch .

Any move towards a Keeganesque philosophy will be disastrous right now in my opinion .

Hodger1957
12-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Ipswich were awful and will definitely be bottom six.
We were decent first half, but I don't think we were as good as some are making out. There were a couple of shocking defensive c0ck ups that we got away with.
There were some positives for sure.
I thought Hedges was outstanding, Hammill was much better, Bradshaw & McCarthy did well and Barnes looks like he could be a handful.
The fact that Hedges, Hammill & Bradshaw were taken off was unbeleivable.
Potts, Jackson & Pearson just aren't good enough on that showing.
Lots of effort and the best team lost. But that's not saying much.

POGGYWELL
13-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Well I was there and did witness a lot of promising signs quite a bit of criticism on here on quite a few of our players.
FIRST HALF:
Yes we started with just Bradshaw up front and aim was thinking why, well well we could easily have been AT LEAST three up but for some poor finishing. The plan was working Ipswich didn't get a single sniff. Now if that part of the game was pants then honestly I just don't understand it was PURELY the finishing that just wasn't good enough and nothing else.

SECOND HALF:
Master stroke by Macca bringing McGoldrick and Waghorn the two I exspected to start. The first goal a superb first time volley unstopable and had it been a Reds player it would have been a headliner. The 2nd Waghorn took it well but the space presented to him was criminal and I have to say none of our new players to be critisised here. We had two reasonable opportunities to prevent it with two of our experienced players MacDonald and Davies found wanting.
Barnes looks to have a really old head him providing a great goal bound effort which was deflected for a corner. Jackson superb over head kick inside the box flashed narrowly wide.
Only doubts on the the substitutions was when Bradshaw came off then Hedges up with Ogbo would have been my choice.

A side in the making and not yet complete looking forward to seeing what Lindsay,Thiam,McGeehan and Mallan bring to the table.

A decent side in the making and not yet complete looking forward to seeing what Lindsay,Thiam,McGeehan and Mallan bring to the table.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10985671/barnsley-1-2-ipswich

Old Goat
13-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Old Goat's second trip to Oakwell this season. A draw would have been a fairer result, but not to be. Lots to be pleased about especially first half, but the biggest difference yesterday was the experience of the two managers. Macca is an old hand at this, he could see what needed to change and sorted things out at half-time. Hecky is still learning.

Disappointed with the subs, but could see why Bradshaw went off (although I don't think he wanted to). If we'd started with two up top, then maybe he'd have lasted the distance, but the lad can't cover that much ground for 90 minutes without ending up in A&E. We've got another game in a few days, so no point wearing him out.

Centrebacks are a worry, not physical enough and don't have the experience, Jackson looks L1 at best to me. Older head needed in there alongside MacDonald. Fullbacks both looked decent, given time.

Midfield are still getting to know one another. Scowan and Hourihane were really good at the one-stays-back-one-pushes-up roles, but these new lads aren't at that stage yet, so at times we either didn't have enough midfielders supporting through the middle of the park, or we had holes you could have driven a bus through in front of the defence.

Agree with other folk that the second half was poor, but it's early days. Roll on Tuesday.

Atac
13-08-2017, 10:50 AM

I think that's a disappointed and frustrated over reaction. Hecky has not lost the plot. He's two games in with new squad and still experimenting with personnel and formations. Personally, i think he needs to settle the formation and then select players to fit. A default formation home and away with a plan B for each if not working.
Get all the players drilled in each and then select the best from evidence in training.

Start by brain washing them into closing down the ball and not backing off runners - put tackles in.