PDA

View Full Version : midfield

españablanco73
12-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Was really hoping for quality over quantity this season in midfield, i thought we were crying out for a general/leader/ enforcer in there and should have been high up on the list of priorities.Alas, its not to be. Our midfield was gash last season, and im worried this time out also.
Admittedly i only listened, but if Wheelan was to be believed, Preston completely bossed it in there all the while it was 11 v 11 [Preston, not Chelsea folks!]Id appreciate the view of this from anyone who went today for clarity [great crowd 33,800!]
If new contracts O´kane and Phillips are the answer, im foooked if i know what the question was.

Rev72
12-08-2017, 05:55 PM
I share your concerns BB.

Answers on a postcard please :(

joellufcprice
12-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Two games into the season for god sake. They beat Sheff Wed in first game, they're no mugs.

Klich hasn't had a game yet, Saiz and Alioski will need to adapt to the league as well.

Preston were dirty, thats why the bossed it, should have had a red card in first 30 minutes.

was123
12-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Two games into the season for god sake. They beat Sheff Wed in first game, they're no mugs.

Klich hasn't had a game yet, Saiz and Alioski will need to adapt to the league as well.

Preston were dirty, thats why the bossed it, should have had a red card in first 30 minutes.

agree with the preston no mugs bit but they were better than us and passed us of the park first half we created very little and lacked any threat our midfield got over run and lets be honest we didnt test there keeper yes its early doors but so is it for wolves cardiff etc after all the talking we need to step up and improve fast cos today was not anywere near good enough

Jezleeds
12-08-2017, 09:41 PM

So to follow the argument that suggests we will struggle against anyone that plays dirty (and probably hard), which is why the OP said we needed a midfield leader/enforcer - totally agree.

Hopefully we can beat teams by scoring more than they do, but we will continue to be vulnerable at the back whilst the midfield is controlled by the opposition.

Billyni
12-08-2017, 09:50 PM
If we are feeling concerned now, then what the fu ck were we feeling this time last year.

WTF11
12-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Watch Dudds against QPR, they haven't spent much over the close season but f00k me do they know what to do to score, and not against some pi55-poor sh1te from dead as a door nail Preston either.

Look and learn.

Rev72
12-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Getting 'bossed' at home by f*cking Preston (f*cking Preston) just don't sit right with me.

So that's the game plan for anyone that plays us..give us a few kicks and you get to boss the game.

Great.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 12:09 AM
So to follow the argument that suggests we will struggle against anyone that plays dirty (and probably hard), which is why the OP said we needed a midfield leader/enforcer - totally agree.

Hopefully we can beat teams by scoring more than they do, but we will continue to be vulnerable at the back whilst the midfield is controlled by the opposition.

No, we need the referee to do his job properly. 'Enforcers' are a myth in modern football as the rules don't allow for it, the best holding midfielders are intelligent not enforcers like Kante, Schneiderlin, Kroos, Busquets, Pirlo etc. People who are good passers, but their talent lies in being in the right place at the right time and winning the ball cleanly.

And as far as I remember they barely threatened our goal and we kept a clean sheet as well as over 60% possession, so if that is us being dominated I can't wait to see us on top.

It wasn't a great game, but feel people are wildly going over the top with some of the assessment you'd think we'd lost 3-0 and been battered when in reality we had the best chances and were the better team on the day.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 12:12 AM
Getting 'bossed' at home by f*cking Preston (f*cking Preston) just don't sit right with me.

So that's the game plan for anyone that plays us..give us a few kicks and you get to boss the game.

Great.

No, the referee should have done his job and sent that cretin off the park. We didn't get bossed either in any aspect of the game, if desire equates to consistent fouling and time wasting then yes they had more desire than us, in the long run trying to play football rather than playing dirty will pay dividends they'll be a mid table plodder we will be top 6

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 12:14 AM
agree with the preston no mugs bit but they were better than us and passed us of the park first half we created very little and lacked any threat our midfield got over run and lets be honest we didnt test there keeper yes its early doors but so is it for wolves cardiff etc after all the talking we need to step up and improve fast cos today was not anywere near good enough

We dominated possession and had more chances, they had one shot on target and barely treated our goal. I'm genuinely confused as to how people say we got dominated in the game as if they were comfortably on top, it was a pretty even game in which their game plan just worked out. In our first 2 games we scored 7 goals, ok this one it was 0-0 but that is going to happen and the team and manager will learn as they adapt and get more accustomed to the league.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Watch Dudds against QPR, they haven't spent much over the close season but f00k me do they know what to do to score, and not against some pi55-poor sh1te from dead as a door nail Preston either.

Look and learn.

Haven't spent much? They've spent 40m so far.....two of their goals coming from their 12 million pound striker, against QPR (you mean Crystal Palace) who seemed to be playing the most disjointed formation I've seen since McDermott had us playing 3-5-2 vs Rochdale, not surprised they scored 3.

We've also scored 7 goals in the past two games, so we know how to score, results like this happen in this league and will happen all season, Preston are no mugs even though some people seem to be writing them off as nobodies.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
13-08-2017, 12:54 AM
Could be wrong but aren't we in a better position now than what we were at this stage last season? Scored 7 goals in first 2 games and kept a clean sheet in the third game which up to now was our strongest opponent. Preston beat a team who finished above us last season, and Preston themselves finished about 12th, yes I believe we should be beating Preston but it doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you don't make the opposition goalkeeper earn his match day wage, then you don't deserve to win the match, but we certainly didn't deserve to lose either, a drab performance from both teams, it is another point on the board, let's keep winning and drawing, I hate losing!

españablanco73
13-08-2017, 07:04 AM
Joel,i dont buy the "were only 2 games in" stuff.Each game is worth 3 points, do we have to wait every season for the rest to steal a march on us before we start playing around matchday 10?
given the shighte opposition, and the fact weve a few home games early doors, we should have been the team putting pressure on others.
Dress it up how you want, our midield still looks way too lightweight, and as for being on top, we were at home, in front of 34,000 fans and didnt have a single shot on target before their player was sent off. If thats us on top, id hate to see what it looks like when we are up against it!

WTF11
13-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Joel,i dont buy the "were only 2 games in" stuff.Each game is worth 3 points, do we have to wait every season for the rest to steal a march on us before we start playing around matchday 10?
given the shighte opposition, and the fact weve a few home games early doors, we should have been the team putting pressure on others.
Dress it up how you want, our midield still looks way too lightweight, and as for being on top, we were at home, in front of 34,000 fans and didnt have a single shot on target before their player was sent off. If thats us on top, id hate to see what it looks like when we are up against it!

Spot on.

WTF11
13-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Haven't spent much? They've spent 40m so far.....two of their goals coming from their 12 million pound striker, against QPR (you mean Crystal Palace) who seemed to be playing the most disjointed formation I've seen since McDermott had us playing 3-5-2 vs Rochdale, not surprised they scored 3.

We've also scored 7 goals in the past two games, so we know how to score, results like this happen in this league and will happen all season, Preston are no mugs even though some people seem to be writing them off as nobodies.

OK I apologise, I got the opposition wrong, wasn't my point.

"Not much"? No, not in PL terms and certainly not for a newly promoted team who, despite Palace not exactly playing out of their skins, put 3 past them, playing away from home and doing so looking like they had been in the PL for some time, not newly promoted..

Contrast that with Leeds playing at home in front of 34000 fans not getting a shot on goal until we're playing against 10 men.

Getting 7 goals when playing a newly promoted team ( lets not forget we conceded 2 in that game), and one from 2 divisions down then failing to trouble the first opposition worthy of the name for most of a game at home, inspiring? Nah.

If "results like this" are going to happen all season, then Radders had best put on hold any promotion celebrations.

leedsutdman
13-08-2017, 09:24 AM
I'll give them a few more games to find their feet before I judge. They barely know each other yet.

costa_blanca_white
13-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Have to disagree with the majority & agree with Joel - Preston probably edged the first half but we looked a completely different team in the second half & God only knows how we didn't score, also just like to add that Wood isn't an £18m pound player so I think we should cash in in anyone is prepared to pay that ridiculous amount - he couldn't get his head on the ball Yesterday on at least 3 occasions - 2 of which where he was unchallenged.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 11:18 AM

We are joint 5th, we have 'started' playing, we put 3 past bolton and are unbeaten, nobody has stolen a march on us. What I'm saying is our new players won't be world beaters instantly and the realities of this league is performances like this will happen throughout the season, thats the nature of being in the 2nd tier.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 11:22 AM
OK I apologise, I got the opposition wrong, wasn't my point.

"Not much"? No, not in PL terms and certainly not for a newly promoted team who, despite Palace not exactly playing out of their skins, put 3 past them, playing away from home and doing so looking like they had been in the PL for some time, not newly promoted..

Contrast that with Leeds playing at home in front of 34000 fans not getting a shot on goal until we're playing against 10 men.

Getting 7 goals when playing a newly promoted team ( lets not forget we conceded 2 in that game), and one from 2 divisions down then failing to trouble the first opposition worthy of the name for most of a game at home, inspiring? Nah.

If "results like this" are going to happen all season, then Radders had best put on hold any promotion celebrations.

Why are you comparing a PL team in Huddersfield against Palace to what we are doing? There are no parallels, infact the team you are comparing us to are the antithesis of everything you slag our club off for in signing foreign nobodies like Schindler, Lowe, Hefele, Kachunga, Mounier, Quaner etc. So I find it odd that the model you seem to aspire to is a model that you would, and do criticise to the hilt at Leeds.

Yes performances like this will happen throughout the season, its why these players are playing second tier football and not PL. Consistency, if we can play badly and pick up a point then all is good, you don't seem to understand this league as a whole.

Billyni
13-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Have to disagree with the majority & agree with Joel - Preston probably edged the first half but we looked a completely different team in the second half & God only knows how we didn't score, also just like to add that Wood isn't an £18m pound player so I think we should cash in in anyone is prepared to pay that ridiculous amount - he couldn't get his head on the ball Yesterday on at least 3 occasions - 2 of which where he was unchallenged.

You do have a point.

Billyni
13-08-2017, 11:51 AM
And speaking of points, arent we 4 better off than we were this time last season. Some knickers are in a wee bit of a twist i think.

WTF11
13-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Why are you comparing a PL team in Huddersfield against Palace to what we are doing? There are no parallels, infact the team you are comparing us to are the antithesis of everything you slag our club off for in signing foreign nobodies like Schindler, Lowe, Hefele, Kachunga, Mounier, Quaner etc. So I find it odd that the model you seem to aspire to is a model that you would, and do criticise to the hilt at Leeds.

Yes performances like this will happen throughout the season, its why these players are playing second tier football and not PL. Consistency, if we can play badly and pick up a point then all is good, you don't seem to understand this league as a whole.

As with WS you miss my point. Dudds spend relatively small sums (in PL terms), and go out and play an established PL team off the park away from home. We spend more in the close season than is usual, and can't threaten the goal of our opponent until they are a man down, at home and in front of the largest home crowd for a long, long time.

"If we can play badly and pick up a point then all is good", hardly a f00king war cry is it?

Rev72
13-08-2017, 12:22 PM
And speaking of points, arent we 4 better off than we were this time last season. Some knickers are in a wee bit of a twist i think.

Think its the manner of the performance billy that's got some knickers in a twist..massive crowd..high expectations..and we are bullied and bossed for 60 minutes in our own back yard.

Feels like a let down but hey..a long long way to go. :)

*untwists knickers* :O

whitestomper45
13-08-2017, 12:44 PM
As with WS you miss my point. Dudds spend relatively small sums (in PL terms), and go out and play an established PL team off the park away from home. We spend more in the close season than is usual, and can't threaten the goal of our opponent until they are a man down, at home and in front of the largest home crowd for a long, long time.

"If we can play badly and pick up a point then all is good", hardly a f00king war cry is it?

Joel, don't bother engaging with this idiot, anytime he's shown to contradict himself (and he is this time aggain) he uses the old "miss my point" thing.

Billyni
13-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Think its the manner of the performance billy that's got some knickers in a twist..massive crowd..high expectations..and we are bullied and bossed for 60 minutes in our own back yard.

Lol Rev. Only suggesting that we have 8/9 new players, new coach in a new league to him, new tactics and wer still better off than we were last season. Bit early to complain, but when we start doing worse than we were last season, than i'll be yaaping as loud as anyone.

Fisher
13-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Joel, don't bother engaging with this idiot, anytime he's shown to contradict himself (and he is this time aggain) he uses the old "miss my point" thing.

Spot on

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 02:21 PM

I think you're missing the point, their recruitment model is one that you constantly criticise our club for doing yet you are now using them as an example to make a point that is wasted anyway as they are in the PL and we aren't, what they do there has no bearing on us in the Championship.

We scored 7 in the last two games and then had a 0-0 draw, do you expect us to score 3/4 every game? Again, this league and the realities of it are that we will have games like this in such a tight league with lots of good teams. It's a massive over reaction to one game where we haven't scored, but I'd expect nothing less than you to creep out from behind your rock to whine and moan as soon as we don't win.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 02:24 PM

If the ref had done his job, their dirty tactics wouldn't have lasted past 15 minutes, any other day they'd have either been a man down or told another tackle like that and they'd be a man down, would soon have stopped them. They then got away with constant time wasting from 60 minutes onwards with no repercussions, it was one of the most abysmal displays of refereeing I've seen and I'm not one to complain about the ref but he let them do what they did, yes our players should have been a bit tougher but they'll learn and I'd be surprised if another team ever gets away with playing like that at ER or even away from home again.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 02:27 PM

It is a pretty startling contradiction though from someone who has spent all pre-season moaning about us signing the likes of Alioski, Klich, Saiz, Wiedwald etc but then uses Huddersfield as an example of a model he likes when they do exactly the same! Imagine if we had signed that Mounie fella for 12m, he'd have had a thread up in minutes whining about us chucking money away on a foreign striker!

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 02:28 PM

and to answer your last point, no it isn't but we won't win every week so picking up a point when we aren't on it is a good result in the long run. Bigger picture I'm thinking off, not getting too worried about a draw vs a decent Preston side who will do ok this season.

españablanco73
13-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Unlike some on here im neither always glass full nor empty, just try and say it how it is in an objective manner, no knickers in twists here, long time to go, just tried to point out in the OP that the inherent gashness of our midfield hasnt been addressed this term unfortunately, as demonstrated clearly yesterday being steamrolled at home by the mighty Preston North End.Joel rightly predicts we will have plenty of games like this, and i agree.Unfortunately that adds up to plenty of dropped points and no realistic chance of top 2. Got to bury the shighte at home if you want promotion, its always been thus.

joellufcprice
13-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Unlike some on here im neither always glass full nor empty, just try and say it how it is in an objective manner, no knickers in twists here, long time to go, just tried to point out in the OP that the inherent gashness of our midfield hasnt been addressed this term unfortunately, as demonstrated clearly yesterday being steamrolled at home by the mighty Preston North End.Joel rightly predicts we will have plenty of games like this, and i agree.Unfortunately that adds up to plenty of dropped points and no realistic chance of top 2. Got to bury the shighte at home if you want promotion, its always been thus.

Preston aren't ****e though, they had a sniff of playoffs last year and have improved their squad. That's what I don't understand, people just look at the name of a team and say 'we should be beating them' based on some historical value as if we are a PL side anymore, our fans need to stop looking at clubs and just assuming we should beat them because of their past. Fact is Preston are a good side, with good players and will do well this year somewhere in the top 10, a point against them is not the end of the world as some are making it out to be.

WTF11
13-08-2017, 04:57 PM
It is a pretty startling contradiction though from someone who has spent all pre-season moaning about us signing the likes of Alioski, Klich, Saiz, Wiedwald etc but then uses Huddersfield as an example of a model he likes when they do exactly the same! Imagine if we had signed that Mounie fella for 12m, he'd have had a thread up in minutes whining about us chucking money away on a foreign striker!

Did I make one observation as to where any of the Dudds players came from? No.

Did I suggest Preston were "a team we should beat"?. No

My beef is with a bunch of players who failed in front of a massive home crowd to force the game and make the opposition defence work for their money, past caring where the f00k they were born or played before coming to Leeds. We had vastly superior possession for much of the game, so the boll0x about time wasting just doesn't wash. The tactics were poor, the performances (mostly) were poor and as I suggested when everyone (including me) was being complimentary and positive effect after the Port Vale game, the real tests are against experienced Championship sides and the first time we get tested we fail (and if it hadn't been for a disallowed goal with Wiedwald clueless as to what he should have been doing, we might have come away with nothing).

The phrase "must do better" was never so appropriate in terms of the game against Fulham.

WTF11
13-08-2017, 05:07 PM

And yet again you really do miss the point. Where the Dudds players come from wasn't mentioned, not once. It was the relatively low cost of a set of players who in a newly promoted side went away from home and gave a right royal shellacking to an established PL side that was my point. Hardly surprising you missed it given your blinkered attitude to anything I post.

Anyhoo, contrast the Dudds performance with ours on Sunday. (And the PL isn't as tight or competitive for those outside the favoured few as the Championship is for all of us, really?)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
13-08-2017, 07:27 PM
A lot of you keep repeating stuff I mentioned in my point on this thread, great minds think alike obviously 😁😎👍

WTF11
13-08-2017, 09:38 PM

I'd rather be an idiot capable of contradicting himself, but who applies a measure of critical evaluation than a fool who questions nothing the club does or the performances of the players because "that's just how it is".

Tichi1
14-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Agree Joel, From where I was sitting I thought though it was a poor game - we where better than we where a lot of games last season.
The season is a long and hard slog in this league - and I for one think hat we are in a better place than this time last season, we have some new faces that haven't had a chance to all play together yet, and we are as yet unbeaten. No doubt if we do slip up tomorrow [against one of the best teams in this league last season] the doom merchants will be all over this board like a rash as usual.
We looked like a team that hasn't quite gelled yet - but will improve, Preston came with a game plan that worked for them [Similar to how we played away last year]

There's a long way to go and we are two league games in as Joel points out fifth and unbeaten - as opposed to near the bottom and without a win this time last year - but hey ho we are Leeds so unless we are battering everyone every week it's a time to worry

Check out where we are come the first of October - and then judge the team/management/Backroom staff and all.... I reckon.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
14-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Makes you wonder what folk would say if we'd lost both league games and been knocked out by PV

it's a bloody joke, Preston finished about 12th last season and beat wendies this season who finished above both Leeds and Preston last season, we've kept a clean sheet against them with an unsettled defence and new goalkeeper, many teams will do far worse than that, plus most teams when they go down to 10 men park the bus in front of their goal which makes it harder still to score, pearson should have gone after 30mins not 60, that could have changed the game again. I for one was disappointed with the draw but I was pi$$ed off like some have been. God help us if we'd lost the match!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
14-08-2017, 05:16 PM
I wasn't pi$$Ed off*

whitestomper45
14-08-2017, 08:58 PM
I'd rather be an idiot capable of contradicting himself, but who applies a measure of critical evaluation than a fool who questions nothing the club does or the performances of the players because "that's just how it is". Get your point this time...your an idiot....I'd rather be a fan whose willing to give players time to gel, than jumping down their throats, I'd rather be a fan who appreciates the changes the club are making, moving us in the right way..rather than paint some possible worse case scenarios....ALAW..don't make me laugh

WTF11
14-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Get your point this time...your an idiot....I'd rather be a fan whose willing to give players time to gel, than jumping down their throats, I'd rather be a fan who appreciates the changes the club are making, moving us in the right way..rather than paint some possible worse case scenarios....ALAW..don't make me laugh

OK, simple question. Given you have vastly superior footballing knowledge than I do, and I'm an idiot, can you with all your wisdom please explain the apparent difference between a newly promoted team to the PL who have invested relatively limited funds but have given a stable, relatively long-standing club in that league a real shellacking away fromm home and our squad who over the same period of time still need "time to gel"?

WTF11
14-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Get your point this time...your an idiot....I'd rather be a fan whose willing to give players time to gel, than jumping down their throats, I'd rather be a fan who appreciates the changes the club are making, moving us in the right way..rather than paint some possible worse case scenarios....ALAW..don't make me laugh

And as for A LAW, yes, quite humorous, in a dark, ironic way.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
14-08-2017, 09:59 PM
How about we get this thread back on topic which was a thread about our midfielders. I'll create a separate thread for all the other stuff

joellufcprice
14-08-2017, 11:20 PM
Did I make one observation as to where any of the Dudds players came from? No.

Did I suggest Preston were "a team we should beat"?. No

My beef is with a bunch of players who failed in front of a massive home crowd to force the game and make the opposition defence work for their money, past caring where the f00k they were born or played before coming to Leeds. We had vastly superior possession for much of the game, so the boll0x about time wasting just doesn't wash. The tactics were poor, the performances (mostly) were poor and as I suggested when everyone (including me) was being complimentary and positive effect after the Port Vale game, the real tests are against experienced Championship sides and the first time we get tested we fail (and if it hadn't been for a disallowed goal with Wiedwald clueless as to what he should have been doing, we might have come away with nothing).

The phrase "must do better" was never so appropriate in terms of the game against Fulham.

I give up, if you're that quick to write players off there really is no hope anymore. Fact is you praised their transfer policy at Hudds which involves spending low amounts on foreign exports, whether you directly mention their origin is irrelevant, you've highlighted them as a success after they've played one game as if that is some sort of major success. Same as us drawing isn't the end of the world, them winning isn't a indication they've nailed it.

Hopefully we beat Fulham, then we won't see you again until we sign someone who you undoubtedly won't like or we lose and you're writing the entire squad off again. Enjoy, life is too short to engage with this negativity and misery in life on a regular basis.

. Your posts also indicate you believe we should be beating Preston, otherwise they wouldn't be so damning.

SouthgateWhite
15-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Not sure why Bridcutt didn't feature against Preston, especially if we expected a physical battle. Thought he did well against PV when he came on. On Sat we got bossed off the ball far too easily.

Fisher
15-08-2017, 06:08 AM
OK, simple question. Given you have vastly superior footballing knowledge than I do, and I'm an idiot, can you with all your wisdom please explain the apparent difference between a newly promoted team to the PL who have invested relatively limited funds but have given a stable, relatively long-standing club in that league a real shellacking away fromm home and our squad who over the same period of time still need "time to gel"?

So every game Leeds don't win or play in the way you think they should, we're going to have to read your constant arrogant negative drivel.

Does that also now mean every game Huddersfield win we're gonna have to read the same rubbish.

Leeds didn't play well on Saturday, could've lost, could've won but yout level of scrutiny after 1 game is bonkers. God help us if we lose tonight.

Go watch f*cking Eastleigh.

WTF11
15-08-2017, 07:17 AM
I give up, if you're that quick to write players off there really is no hope anymore. Fact is you praised their transfer policy at Hudds which involves spending low amounts on foreign exports, whether you directly mention their origin is irrelevant, you've highlighted them as a success after they've played one game as if that is some sort of major success. Same as us drawing isn't the end of the world, them winning isn't a indication they've nailed it.

Hopefully we beat Fulham, then we won't see you again until we sign someone who you undoubtedly won't like or we lose and you're writing the entire squad off again. Enjoy, life is too short to engage with this negativity and misery in life on a regular basis.

. Your posts also indicate you believe we should be beating Preston, otherwise they wouldn't be so damning.

So you "give up", ffs!

I DID NOT "praise their (Dudds) transfer policy". I never referred to any such policy nor the nationality of ANY of their players and to suggest that's irrelevant is just dumb. I suggested we look at what they (club management, coaching staff and players) had done in getting promoted and then getting a team in place that beat an established PL team while playing away from home. And where have I "written off" any new Leeds players (apart from Sacko, hardly new and who I have consistently said shouldn't be wearing the shirt, never mind starting in the 1st team, and Wiedwald, who inspires about as much confidence as a soft banana)?

As for Dudds "being a success" after one game, on its own no, but coupled with having to move up a gear to the PL, then win their first game and away from home, I'd say that's quite successful as far as it goes?

Read my posts on the Bolton and Port Vale matches, congratulating the team and named players, but suggesting "real" Championship teams (contrary to your assertion, including Preston) would be the true test of our potential. I hope we beat Fulham and do so well, but perform like we did Saturday and we won't, you disagree?

españablanco73
15-08-2017, 07:18 AM
its a shame, my OP was about our midfield, and the fact we didnt sign a real leader in there as id hoped we would [a glaring hole in our side that was evident last season imo].Because one piece of the jigsaw is missing doesnt mean we have a shighte squad, or that we are doomed in any way. I also pointed out that if you dont beat the sides you should be beating at home, you dont get promoted.Thats fact folks, so if the result left me feeling disappointed, ill hold my hands up.
Dont see where it then goes from this to Negheads vs happy clappers showdown!

WTF11
15-08-2017, 07:24 AM
So every game Leeds don't win or play in the way you think they should, we're going to have to read your constant arrogant negative drivel.

Does that also now mean every game Huddersfield win we're gonna have to read the same rubbish.

Leeds didn't play well on Saturday, could've lost, could've won but yout level of scrutiny after 1 game is bonkers. God help us if we lose tonight.

I might decide to contribute the occasional post, I might not, irrespective of the results, my choice, just as it's your choice to read and/or respond, yes?

I doubt I'll be making any further comment regarding Dudds, I'm a Leeds supporter after all (no matter what you and other may think or say).

As for watching Eastleigh, yes I will occasionally.

Jezleeds
15-08-2017, 07:41 AM
I might decide to contribute the occasional post, I might not, irrespective of the results, my choice, just as it's your choice to read and/or respond, yes?

I doubt I'll be making any further comment regarding Dudds, I'm a Leeds supporter after all (no matter what you and other may think or say).

As for watching Eastleigh, yes I will occasionally.

Just in the spirit of trying to help here WTF - don't shoot me down, although I'm guessing you might feel like it....

As a (usually) uninvolved observer of a LOT of these conversations, I think the problem often arises because, whatever the detail or nuance that you think is in them, you make comments that appear very dogmatic and more often than not, at the extreme end of a point of view.

You then end up trying to explain your view and backtracking through the detail when so many others take issue with what you've said, because the initial post was so 'black and white', rather than the 'grey' which most people see is there in everything in life, not just Leeds United.

I know it's good to have opinions and a forum is there to express them, but you can't be surprised or defensive if people pick them apart on the ground of logic, when it's always true that taking a strong one-dimensional stand on anything involves ignoring valid points in favour of simple assertion.

Just trying to help, but i'll put my tin hat on now and withdraw into my world of logic and moderation.

WTF11
15-08-2017, 08:16 AM

BTW, nice answer, completely avoiding the question in my post.

Then again, you, WS, Joel, Tich et al are all incapable of actually answering any question I might pose, preferring to rubbish the poster instead, nice one.

WTF11
15-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Just in the spirit of trying to help here WTF - don't shoot me down, although I'm guessing you might feel like it....

As a (usually) uninvolved observer of a LOT of these conversations, I think the problem often arises because, whatever the detail or nuance that you think is in them, you make comments that appear very dogmatic and more often than not, at the extreme end of a point of view.

You then end up trying to explain your view and backtracking through the detail when so many others take issue with what you've said, because the initial post was so 'black and white', rather than the 'grey' which most people see is there in everything in life, not just Leeds United.

I know it's good to have opinions and a forum is there to express them, but you can't be surprised or defensive if people pick them apart on the ground of logic, when it's always true that taking a strong one-dimensional stand on anything involves ignoring valid points in favour of simple assertion.

Just trying to help, but i'll put my tin hat on now and withdraw into my world of logic and moderation.

Hi Jez. No tin hat required on my account I can assure you.

As for my response to what I get back having posted, not surprised or defensive (apologies if I seem so) just a tad disappointed that the responses tend to focus on insulting rather than taking me to task for any opinion I might express.

On the "black and white" thing, ok I may be looking at things in strict monochrome rather than shades of grey but simply because it's a club I have supported for more than 45 years I'm simply not interested in nuances. Players, coach and owner are rich, and in the case of players paid vast sums of money to play a game, not performing to their utmost is not acceptable and when/if that happens, irrespective of the competition or the opposition they ought to be roundly criticised by those who effectively pay their huge wages. Lose by all means, it happens, but there is a huge difference between losing well and notbperforming. They don't deserve to be "cut some slack" if they underperformed, as they did on Saturday.

Thanks for your reasoned post.

Tichi1
15-08-2017, 09:41 AM

Then again, you, WS, Joel, Tich et al are all incapable of actually answering any question I might pose, preferring to rubbish the poster instead, nice one. [QUOTE]

You see why I don't bother answering any of his questions 'cos it doesn't matter how reasoned a response is given [Fisher/Stomp/joel] this numpty will either backtrack, call you plain dumb for not "Getting" his point, or eventually just bore the pants off you as he has to have the last word on EVERY subject - not to mention bringing on the depression from the constant stream of whinging and negativity. I've found just insulting him is the best answer - he tends to not respond, so if everyone just insulted him he might just f*uck off - though I shouldn't condone such actions as they could be deemed as bullying.

As for others avoiding answering his questions - well sometimes amid all the drivel it's quite hard to work out what the actual f*ucking question was??

WTF11
15-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Then again, you, WS, Joel, Tich et al are all incapable of actually answering any question I might pose, preferring to rubbish the poster instead, nice one. [QUOTE]

You see why I don't bother answering any of his questions 'cos it doesn't matter how reasoned a response is given [Fisher/Stomp/joel] this numpty will either backtrack, call you plain dumb for not "Getting" his point, or eventually just bore the pants off you as he has to have the last word on EVERY subject - not to mention bringing on the depression from the constant stream of whinging and negativity. I've found just insulting him is the best answer - he tends to not respond, so if everyone just insulted him he might just f*uck off - though I shouldn't condone such actions as they could be deemed as bullying.

As for others avoiding answering his questions - well sometimes amid all the drivel it's quite hard to work out what the actual f*ucking question was??

Ok, in the interests of getting questions answered, please refer to post #42, it was put in simple, plain english and yet has (apparently), flummoxed all you bright boys. Care to try your hand?

BTW, you think Fisher/WS/Joels replies were "reasoned"? Well, then again, you would.

Tichi1
15-08-2017, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Tichi1;38622099]BTW, nice answer, completely avoiding the question in my post.

Then again, you, WS, Joel, Tich et al are all incapable of actually answering any question I might pose, preferring to rubbish the poster instead, nice one.

Ok, in the interests of getting questions answered, please refer to post #42, it was put in simple, plain english and yet has (apparently), flummoxed all you bright boys. Care to try your hand?

BTW, you think Fisher/WS/Joels replies were "reasoned"? Well, then again, you would.

Right on queue.....O:)

Tichi1
15-08-2017, 10:25 AM
The answer to your question?

On the day we didn't perform as well as we can, on the same day - they performed better than expected and got a great result.
Nothing hard about answering the question - but can't that be said about any team in this league or the prem for that matter?

Teams performances vary - even the best in the prem and the teams promoted last season had good and bad days - this time round they had a good one we didn't, but one game doesn't merit the comparison.

As mentioned earlier by another poster - it's just that you are so f*ucking quick to leap in and moan when we have a bad performance - i'll look out for your moan about Huddersfield when they get tubbed next week!

Fisher
15-08-2017, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Tichi1;38622099]BTW, nice answer, completely avoiding the question in my post.

Joels responses were level headed & well reasoned I thought.

I don't mean to insult anybody but find the speed of some to start moaning so strange.

Heard it at the game on Saturday after about 20 mins - Phillips got a bit of stick.
Nobody said anything about Pontus's Cruyff turns that didn't come off and nearly cost us....funny that.

You can find positives and negatives in most situations in life, suppose it depends on your personality which trait you look for most.

whitestomper45
16-08-2017, 11:52 AM

Don't intend to drone on too much, as much have been argued with you better than I could outline.
But your honour I refer to your above post .....Crystal Palace a relatively long-standing PL club????? 4 seasons in PL they are 15th out of 20 in current term spent..they have had to fire fight in their last 2 to scrape over the 40pt survival line. They have a new "foreign" manager, lost some of their key players as free agents and end of loans..and hardly bought anyone of note to replace. So I am unable to fathom what Huddersfield a team awash with foriegn nobodies beating Palace (or was it QPR) has to do with Leeds v Preston Nobbers....will await the education