PDA

View Full Version : Away form.

sinkov
12-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Last 6 away games,

Won 2
Drawn 2
Lost 2

Nothing wrong with that record, have we turned the corner, can we now stop worrying about our away form ? Hopefully we can, it's looking that way to me.

alfinyalcabo
12-08-2017, 06:26 PM
What a bummer winning our first away match,now we have nothing to moan about all season ..lol,

Altobelli
12-08-2017, 06:34 PM
What a bummer winning our first away match,now we have nothing to moan about all season ..lol,

I don't know as we have West Brom next week http://i65.tinypic.com/xb03mu.jpg

Joking aside a brilliant win and performance, hopefully its not just a blip of a performance like Liverpool last season and we keep it up.

Don't really have much time for stats Sinkov, but yes those you have stated are more than fair.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Last 6 away games,

Won 2
Drawn 2
Lost 2

Nothing wrong with that record, have we turned the corner, can we now stop worrying about our away form ? Hopefully we can, it's looking that way to me.

Don't be daft, course we can! :D

Norder
12-08-2017, 08:40 PM
......have we turned the corner, can we now stop worrying about our away form ? Hopefully we can, it's looking that way to me.

I'd like to think so....but today - Chelsea were the absolute Pox in the first half - down to 10 men, though looked like 5, completely lost their heads - in that state - should have been 6 - 0 come half time - they were absolutely atrocious.
Second half - they took command - woke up and started to play, and even when down to 9 men , it was they who were in control and Scored - so if Chelsea up their game to a respectable level, lose 2 players and we couldn't handle them......how am I expected to believe we've turned a corner ?.....the way it was going, 10 more mins , perhaps even 5 - and they would have gotten the third - it was that close.....against 9 men.

one swallow does not a summer make.......;D

1959_60
12-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Blinking heck Norder, that was one hell of a result.

And we hit the woodwork after their second so I think we would have been us who would have scored next - especially as they were throwing the kitchen sink at us and were leaving themselves wide open.

No negatives from me tonight!

exilecanada
12-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Brilliant result, although things were getting a little tense towards the end. It wasn’t on our telly, but I was following the text report on the ‘net’. Let’s look on the bright side, only 37 points to go to survive…..again.

Norder
12-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Blinking heck Norder, that was one hell of a result.
And we hit the woodwork after their second so I think we would have been us who would have scored next - especially as they were throwing the kitchen sink at us and were leaving themselves wide open.
No negatives from me tonight!

.....dont get me wrong - 60.....am well happy to come away from Chelsea with all 3 points......Awesome !!! :D

...just that I don't believe it is a turning point - as said....when Chelsea turned it up - and with only 9 men on the field - it was "us" that was on the back foot - and coming so close to losing a full three goal advantage - no way is that right.....imho.

;D

oldcolner
12-08-2017, 09:50 PM

Nor have the media got a chance to put that monkey round our necks, but we now need to maintain our home form from last year.
Great to see Defour in commanding form , Tarkowski being a rock in defence, Sam dominating their defence, Tom on song.
Let's just kill the WBA monkey now!

oldcolner
12-08-2017, 09:53 PM
First on MoD WOW is that a record (for the win) ;D

sinkov
12-08-2017, 11:58 PM
one swallow does not a summer make.......;D

But it isn't one swallow, P6, W2, D2, L2, that looks like six swallows to me.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-08-2017, 05:11 AM
FFS! We have just beaten the League Champions on their own pitch (as earnestly, previously predicted by me) in the opening game of the campaign and there are suggestions we could have done better? Behave? ;D