PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Dross

NaeMairNeeps
13-08-2017, 03:34 AM
In response tae Sheepcrooky's 'Ex-Dons thread, (which Ah wil noo say, interests me .. and Ah look forward tae seein mair posts in), Ah thought Ah would get this one goin.
Why? ... cos the majority o' posters on here are soor faced phukhers and are so negative aboot a'thin, if they ever found themsels wi a gless mair than half full, they would find a bigger gless in which tae decant the contents in order tae hae it mair than half empty :D .... t

Thought it might be a laugh tae look at some o the schyte we've had the pleasure o' in the past ... if only tae get some perspective on far we are noo ... rether than the past heights we gloried in :)

... so let's go wi the flow ya moanin c'unts ...

Ah'll get the ba' rollin, sit back an' see .... efter Ah mention .... (goin back a bit ... feel free tae update)

Barrie Mitchell, Eddie Thomson, Barry Pirie, Willie Garner, Jim Shirra.

... it's aa yours folks :D

Feck_the_Huns
13-08-2017, 06:21 AM
In response tae Sheepcrooky's 'Ex-Dons thread, (which Ah wil noo say, interests me .. and Ah look forward tae seein mair posts in), Ah thought Ah would get this one goin.
Why? ... cos the majority o' posters on here are soor faced phukhers and are so negative aboot a'thin, if they ever found themsels wi a gless mair than half full, they would find a bigger gless in which tae decant the contents in order tae hae it mair than half empty :D .... t

Thought it might be a laugh tae look at some o the schyte we've had the pleasure o' in the past ... if only tae get some perspective on far we are noo ... rether than the past heights we gloried in :)

Ah'll get the ba' rollin, sit back an' see .... efter Ah mention .... (goin back a bit ... feel free tae update)

Andy Harrow
Steve Ritchie
Bobby Glennie
Stockley

deedon
13-08-2017, 06:48 AM

Barrie Pirie? :?

TartanIvor
13-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Shirra I like as he went to Slumdee as part off the Strachan deal

Paul Bernard is a must

DonUnder
13-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Nigel Pepper hasn't appeared here yet?

NaeMairNeeps
13-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Ooops ... Should hae been BILLY Pirie .. :D

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Prepare yoursel. by christ we have had some stinkers.

Dave Bus
Jonathan Smith
Leigh Hines
Darren Mackie

87kilos
13-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Bossu! I still have nightmares about that night at Rugby Park!!

hulldon
13-08-2017, 04:22 PM

I have to say, Willie Garner wisnae dross! Well not until we sold him to the Dhims and he scored two ogs on his debut!!
And by the way, a really good bloke - now in banking with some part-time fitba coaching on the side...
My offerings ....
Steve Ritchie
Dennis Wyness
Lubo Blaha
Bobby Street

Heed_Don_In
13-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Maurice Dross :mad:

Mason89
13-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Bossu! I still have nightmares about that night at Rugby Park!!

The worst individual performance by any Aberdeen player I've seen

ObanRed
13-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Sir Sacky of Sacknamara
Bossu
Haraldur Ingolffson
Tom Jones
Nigel Pepper

donsdaft
13-08-2017, 09:39 PM
The worst individual performance by any Aberdeen player I've seen

It's got to be up there.

It was like getting my sister to play in goal.

sheepcrooky
13-08-2017, 09:55 PM
It's got to be up there.

It was like getting my sister to play in goal.

Rules min, rules.

NaeMairNeeps
13-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Tak yer point aboot Garner Hulldon .... Ah've nae doubt he wis a nice guy ... but as Rose Tattoo say ... "Nice Boys ... dont play Rock and Roll" .... and also, Ah did hold oot some hopes for him tae develop intae somethin decent.

Bobby Street though? Harsh .... the guy wis a prospect .... returned efter a broken leg ... and then ... :( Ah wis there tae see him on eez back efter a f**ker o a tackle ... hands on eez heid ... leg broken again .... guy didna actually get a chance tae be bad enough tae warrant improvement ;)

.... but while Ah'm here ....
...Mark Kerr ..

ragnarok
14-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Kerr wasn't that bad under Tango but it was a terrible mistake to make him captain. He had some decent spells of form in the team.

You could dedicate an entire thread to horrendous AFC left backs alone - Winnie, McQuilken and De Grassi were all unmitigated failures.

blowupsheep
14-08-2017, 03:30 AM
Darren Mackie

Harsh

thebeachend
14-08-2017, 04:00 AM
Juan Cobian was pretty special.

DJR1979
14-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Juan Cobian was pretty special.

Ah yes the man we were told could out cross Beckham!

From memory he turn like a tanker, popped his knee and that was the end of that!

Pacman1903
14-08-2017, 07:50 AM
The list is endless. McInnes is to blame for alot of garbage too

Aldo1983
14-08-2017, 08:10 AM
The list is endless. McInnes is to blame for alot of garbage too

Calvin Zola hasn't had a club in over 2yrs.

Pacman1903
14-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Monokana plays for Sutton Utd.

Pacman1903
14-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Gregg Wylde has been released by every club hes played for Huns, Bolton, Us, St Mirren, Plymouth, Milwall. Nae bad for a 25 year old. Hes obviously got attitude issues.

blowupsheep
14-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Well and truly amazed that it has taken this thread 24 posts before Ryan jack gets a mention B)

Stoney_Scarfer
14-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Fit aboot thon boy that Craig Broon brocht in? Daniel Uchechi who was going to explode on the fitba scene!

Or there wis that Loon Miles Anderson, signed, never played and strangely went to Blackburn I think. Talk of his Dad being an agent or scout iirc.

Jerel Iffile
The Ghost

awafaehame
14-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Don't think Paul Bernard should be mentioned on this thread, but Calum Morris anyone????? Didnt even get to play a minute in a Dons shirt before being released!

cougared
14-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Recent ones - Josh Parker and Mclaughlin

Pacman1903
14-08-2017, 02:23 PM
I left him for someone else but nobody has so ill take it on as usual Neil f@cking McFarlane.

WatsonNimrod
14-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Gregg Watson sticks in my mind for some reason.

There was a lot of 'perceived' dross after the glory years, Iain Angus, Steve Cowan, Willie Falconer, Tommy McQueen, Sir Robert Connor all got dogs abuse. Interesting to see how they would stand up in todays modern era. Quite well I suspect

EintrachtFrankfurt
14-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Thomas Solberg
Derek Shyte

Ah the glory days of the late 90s/early 00s.

Pacman1903
14-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Gregg Watson sticks in my mind for some reason.

There was a lot of 'perceived' dross after the glory years, Iain Angus, Steve Cowan, Willie Falconer, Tommy McQueen, Sir Robert Connor all got dogs abuse. Interesting to see how they would stand up in todays modern era. Quite well I suspect

Funny you mention Bobby Connor as on Off the Ball on Sat there was a "dud who wasnt actually a dud" bit and Bobby was one of the first mentioned

Aldo1983
14-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Jim McInally anyone? ;)

WatsonNimrod
14-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Perhaps he has a mention but no dross thread is complete without John Inglis

hewittextratime
14-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Laurent D'Jaffo, Toni Kombuare, Mike Newell and Brian O'Neill. Got a feeling that they might have all played in the same team together at some point :O

Gads min!!!

Pacman1903
14-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Laurent D'Jaffo, Toni Kombuare, Mike Newell and Brian O'Neill. Got a feeling that they might have all played in the same team together at some point :O

Gads min!!!

Nah D'Jaffo wouldnt have as he was much later and was Kombuare nae before. The other two possibly

OhioRed
14-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Peter Hetherston
Jamie Langfield
Gavin Rae
Rory Fallon
Eugene Dadi

grc1
14-08-2017, 09:49 PM
I give you ....... Nicolas Fabiano

Hairdrier
14-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Jeffrey Monakana
Ferne Snoyl
Noel Whelan

DodHagi
15-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Peter Hetherston
Jamie Langfield
Gavin Rae
Rory Fallon
Eugene Dadi

Eugene Dadi? Are you just plucking random names from the past? He was decent. Certainly never dross.

Mason89
15-08-2017, 07:21 AM
Watching this game was the closest I ever came to chucking it

https://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixture/2100738/

Aldo1983
15-08-2017, 07:29 AM

Sweet jeezus. That's my ruined morning. Kjaer (or Maximilian Schell) didn't deserve that either.

DJR1979
15-08-2017, 07:30 AM

Gads min!!!

Just a wee fact, Mike Newell was the first English player to score a hat-trick in a champions league match!

blowupsheep
15-08-2017, 08:16 AM
The list is indeed endless. In all honesty, the array of footballing imposter's to ply their trade at Pittodrie is so vast that it becomes painful to talk about.

Who remember's Dan Smith

rustlinsweetiepapers
15-08-2017, 08:21 AM

Gads min!!!

Three out of the four! Kombuare, Newell and O'Neil played in August 1997 against Kilmarnock in a 0-0 and I remember being well impressed by Kombuare for the first and only time. Another name for the list in that game too, Tzanko Tzvetanov. And, on Bulgarians, surprised Kiriakov hasn't had a mention.

The three mentioned also played together in the League Cup at Dumbarton the following week and Newell scored a hat trick.

Pacman1903
15-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Three out of the four! Kombuare, Newell and O'Neil played in August 1997 against Kilmarnock in a 0-0 and I remember being well impressed by Kombuare for the first and only time. Another name for the list in that game too, Tzanko Tzvetanov. And, on Bulgarians, surprised Kiriakov hasn't had a mention.

The three mentioned also played together in the League Cup at Dumbarton the following week and Newell scored a hat trick.

There you go. I was at that Dumbarton game too.

Pacman1903
15-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Just a wee fact, Mike Newell was the first English player to score a hat-trick in a champions league match!

Also the quickest Champions League hatrick at the time 9 minutes, a record that stood for 16 years

Mason89
15-08-2017, 08:32 AM
There you go. I was at that Dumbarton game too.

Me too. Got taunted by own inflatable sheep from the home end.

StandfreeFM
15-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Me too. Got taunted by own inflatable sheep from the home end.

Yeah, sorry about that

DodHagi
15-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Jim Hamilton (ex Jambo / city loon)

Aldo1983
15-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Gary Smith. Probably would be a decent player now but standards were so much better then.

Pacman1903
15-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Jim Hamilton (ex Jambo / city loon)

Storeman on the Gannet now

Pacman1903
15-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Gary Smith. Probably would be a decent player now but standards were so much better then.

Nae having it. He wasnt dross

StandfreeFM
15-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Nae having it. He wasnt dross

My turn to agree with you. I thought he was a pretty decent player for us.

RealPompeyDon
15-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Colin Woodthorpe, Gary Hackett and Keith Edwards.

Pacman1903
15-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Colin Woodthorpe, .

Mind his goal at Rugby Park. Boom

DodHagi
15-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Nonsense, he was a decent player. Left us to play in the French topflight with Rennes.
Get the feeling folk are just remembering random names fae the past and plonking them on here whether they were good or bad.
Rickie Gillies and Ray Mckinnon are 2 plaars who spring to mind as being dross, particularly when so much was expected of them.
The Ghost (Gary Mcdonald) has already been mentioned I think, but deserves another mention. Hiding on the pitch, the cardinal sin for a fitba player.

DodHagi
15-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Storeman on the Gannet now Makes sense, distribution was one of the strengths in his game.

Aldo1983
15-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Gary Smith was a liability. I thought he would have come back a better player from France but didn't. Probably walk into our team now and be our best defender but back then he was he weakest link.

StandfreeFM
15-08-2017, 01:52 PM

Just saw the sides, that's an appalling lineup. Nae wonder Thistle won, they had a much better team on paper.

WatsonNimrod
15-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Colin Woodthorpe, Gary Hackett and Keith Edwards.

Colin Woodthorpe wasn't a bad player, he took some horrendous challenges as players saw him as a target for some reason and was branded injury prone for his trouble. Spoke to him a few years back at a function and all he has to say about his time here was positive.

Keith Edwards was finished by the time he got to us, he scored an absolute shed load of goals in the English lower leagues but his legs had gone a few seasons earlier at Leeds (according to my Leeds supporting mate at the time). Think he is still amongst the top scorers down south at diddy level. It was also the start of signing English players who were past their best which we hadn't been used to. Think he scored in one of the few matches he played in, but was a big disappointment as it was seen at the time as a big signing (even tho we got him for feck all)

I defy anyone to defend Keith Hackett tho

Mason89
15-08-2017, 04:48 PM
I'm currently working in Colin Woodthorpes hometown of Ellesmere Port. Possibly the worst sh1te hole I've ever been in. If I see him, I'll pass on everyone's regards

WatsonNimrod
15-08-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm currently working in Colin Woodthorpes hometown of Ellesmere Port. Possibly the worst sh1te hole I've ever been in. If I see him, I'll pass on everyone's regards

He played in that early to mid 90's era where it seemed to be fashionable to single a player out not just to intimidate them but to really hurt them, it was generally the skillful ones who took the real brunt. We had many who fell victim to thugs mascarading as footballers and thankfully despite cheating on a wider scale of late, players and managers dont seem to have that same twisted mentality as back then.

thebeachend
15-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Colin Woodthorpe wasn't a bad player, he took some horrendous challenges as players saw him as a target for some reason and was branded injury prone for his trouble. Spoke to him a few years back at a function and all he has to say about his time here was positive.

Keith Edwards was finished by the time he got to us, he scored an absolute shed load of goals in the English lower leagues but his legs had gone a few seasons earlier at Leeds (according to my Leeds supporting mate at the time). Think he is still amongst the top scorers down south at diddy level. It was also the start of signing English players who were past their best which we hadn't been used to. Think he scored in one of the few matches he played in, but was a big disappointment as it was seen at the time as a big signing (even tho we got him for feck all)

I defy anyone to defend Keith Hackett tho

Goram fkd him in front of the Beach End midweek night match if i recall correctly.His best days were at Sheff Utd mind.

rico94
15-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Gary Smith was a liability. I thought he would have come back a better player from France but didn't. Probably walk into our team now and be our best defender but back then he was he weakest link.

He was good in his first spell when he played alongside Irvine or McLeish but he was pysh in his 2nd spell when he was one of the more experienced players in the team.

thebeachend
15-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Tiernan. Martins laddie Jamie. Who was the duff midfielder now playing at Formartine. And Soutar.

Pacman1903
15-08-2017, 06:31 PM

My old work had an office there. The Ports got nothing on Widnes which is close. Get in a taxi and go for a pint.

Someone left the gate open at the local mutant farm there

Mason89
15-08-2017, 06:41 PM
My old work had an office there. The Ports got nothing on Widnes which is close. Get in a taxi and go for a pint.

Someone left the gate open at the local mutant farm there

I was staying in Widnes last week, in a hotel right under that bridge. Absolutely minging but like be Beverley Hills compared to Ellesmere Port. Mind you, that was the only bit of Widnes i saw. Maybe that was the good bit.