PDA

View Full Version : Squad number colours - Twitter vote now Red Y/N

Old_pie
13-08-2017, 10:01 AM
If you're not happy not seeing the numbers AH is taking a poll. Only twits can vote so if you don't have an account get one.

Twitter doesn't invade, I don't get spam and you only get to see what you want so no harm.

https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5

and

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC is becoming a good source of information and up to date match commentary.

Freeman25
13-08-2017, 02:39 PM
I think Newcastle's (Puma) kit looks pretty smart with red number and names but they're not that much clearer from a distance than ours according to the commentators who are looking from a distance. Although with our backs being faded I think it would be even more of an improvement, anything's got to be better than the gold imo.

Old_pie
13-08-2017, 03:21 PM
I think Newcastle's (Puma) kit looks pretty smart with red number and names but they're not that much clearer from a distance than ours according to the commentators who are looking from a distance. Although with our backs being faded I think it would be even more of an improvement, anything's got to be better than the gold imo.

Have you voted for that then?

The reason for Gold and not Red is the association with Florest's colours as I read it.

Freeman25
13-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Yeah I voted Yes, the "It's the same colour as Forest" argument is stupidly childish imo, it's like when Westcarr used to get stick for wearing red boots.

tarquinbeech
13-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Joined this Twitter malarkey....voted YES

1,227 votes....60% YES

SmiffyPie
13-08-2017, 06:40 PM
If anyone lets the fact that Forest play in red influence the way they vote they really do need to get some professional advice.

Elite_Pie
13-08-2017, 06:55 PM
If anyone lets the fact that Forest play in red influence the way they vote they really do need to get some professional advice.

In that case please can you put me in touch with some professional advice? Some things are set in stone - I hate to see red on our shirts, even if it's just the numbers.

LaxtonLad
13-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Joined this Twitter malarkey....voted YES

1,227 votes....60% YES

I voted yes too, I just hope the daft red dots around the numbers we saw last year are omitted, they just made the numbers even harder to read.

I do wonder if the people who design these patterns have ever been to a live football match and tried to pick up the name and number on the back of a running player from a hundred yards away. Yesterday I found it much easier to read the smaller numbers, in white, on the front of the shorts, in black, during the pre-match warm-up than I did later when the black and white shirts got a bit wet and muddy.

Freeman25
13-08-2017, 09:40 PM
The premier league numbers are much better than the football league ones imo but there's not much we can do about that.

https://premierleague-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/photo/2017/03/21/a2891fba-f02c-4e5f-990b-dfc7381a42ec/PL_Shirts_2017_Article_Image.png

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9dj0dn3NNlc/VzTiySxgXkI/AAAAAAAA3jo/tRnxoX5cRnMQ_NMgwHJdc3Eb5kXlrih9QCLcB/s1600/football-league-shirt-font-sleeve-patches%2B%25282%2529.jpg

tarquinbeech
14-08-2017, 12:31 AM
I voted yes too, I just hope the daft red dots around the numbers we saw last year are omitted, they just made the numbers even harder to read.

I do wonder if the people who design these patterns have ever been to a live football match and tried to pick up the name and number on the back of a running player from a hundred yards away. Yesterday I found it much easier to read the smaller numbers, in white, on the front of the shorts, in black, during the pre-match warm-up than I did later when the black and white shirts got a bit wet and muddy.

I said exactly the same after my first live game on iFollow, at Coventry......I was reading the shorts to figure out who the players were....it sounds as if people are finally listening

tarquinbeech
14-08-2017, 12:33 AM
In that case please can you put me in touch with some professional advice? Some things are set in stone - I hate to see red on our shirts, even if it's just the numbers.

Elite is being a tad silly....why is a touch of red on the back of a shirt so upsetting?....I just want to read the VERMILLION numbers

Old_pie
14-08-2017, 05:05 PM
The Reds have it 60:40. Another divided nation. What will AH do now?

countygump
14-08-2017, 05:15 PM

That rexit.

Wedgie_pie
14-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Maybe we should have 3D numbering on the back, and when we go through the turnstiles issue us with 3D glasses like they do at the cinema. Imagine one of Hollis punts into the stand coming at you in 3D..... Duck ffs.:O

SmiffyPie
14-08-2017, 05:42 PM
We should have a solid colour be it black or red or blue!! Whoever gave the nod to the current number design needs a slap. Why do clubs think they have to consistently alter a tried and tested design.... Oh yes... get money out of the suckers that buy one every season.

ancientpie
14-08-2017, 05:51 PM

If past "polls" are owt to go by AH will do as he bloody well pleases. :)O:)

tarquinbeech
14-08-2017, 05:58 PM
If past "polls" are owt to go by AH will do as he bloody well pleases. :)O:)

My guess is that 60/40 will involve a Soft Rexit rather than a Hard Rexit

Freeman25
14-08-2017, 06:09 PM
We should have a solid colour be it black or red or blue!! Whoever gave the nod to the current number design needs a slap. Why do clubs think they have to consistently alter a tried and tested design.... Oh yes... get money out of the suckers that buy one every season.

If you're complaining about the numbers, they're down to the EFL and we have no choice in it other than colour and the colour of number isn't really an issue on a fans replica shirt.

If you're complaining about the lack of a blank back of the shirt, you get fans moaning every time we do that that the shirt looks rubbish if it's plain and it means fans have to buy a name and number so either way we can't win.

Every club in the football league releases a new kit every season nowadays and has done for years so there's not much point moaning about that either, shirt sales probably mean a lot to quite a few clubs too.

SmiffyPie
15-08-2017, 12:20 PM
If you're complaining about the numbers, they're down to the EFL and we have no choice in it other than colour and the colour of number isn't really an issue on a fans replica shirt.

If you're complaining about the lack of a blank back of the shirt, you get fans moaning every time we do that that the shirt looks rubbish if it's plain and it means fans have to buy a name and number so either way we can't win.

Every club in the football league releases a new kit every season nowadays and has done for years so there's not much point moaning about that either, shirt sales probably mean a lot to quite a few clubs too.I'm not complaining because I haven't seen the numbers yet. I am merely stating that the issue should have been noticed before the final approval of the shirt. As you mention we had the choice of colours so a sample should have been looked at. Don't get me wrong, I think the fade on the back is very good just more thought could have gone into the choice of outline number. Black would have done for me.

macse15
15-08-2017, 12:26 PM

He will probably ignore the result if he doesnt like it just as with the vote on the Tinpot Trophy

DelroyFacey22
15-08-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm not complaining because I haven't seen the numbers yet. I am merely stating that the issue should have been noticed before the final approval of the shirt. As you mention we had the choice of colours so a sample should have been looked at. Don't get me wrong, I think the fade on the back is very good just more thought could have gone into the choice of outline number. Black would have done for me.

AH has said that if they use black the names become completely washed out but I guess at least being able to see the numbers would be an improvement, I imagine most fans can't see the names from the stands anyway.