PDA

View Full Version : Leeds United - v - Fulham ***Matchday Thread***

BelfastAndy
13-08-2017, 01:54 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/ws31g8.jpg

Just starting it bit early. More to follow....

españablanco73
13-08-2017, 02:32 PM
i miss Clive´s.....

BelfastAndy
13-08-2017, 08:16 PM
i miss Clive´s.....

Lol...:P

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
13-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Lol 👍😎

BelfastAndy
14-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Leeds goalkeeper Rob Green could be included in the squad to face Fulham at Elland Road.

Green has missed out so far due to a knee injury and it remains to be seen whether head coach Thomas Christiansen keeps faith with summer signing Felix Wiedwald.

Christiansen has no new injury problems following Saturday's goalless home draw with Preston, but full-back Gaetano Berardi (shoulder) and on-loan Everton centre-half Matthew Pennington (ankle) are still out.

Samu Saiz could make his first league start for the club and fellow midfielder Ronaldo Vieira is pushing for a recall.

Fulham will be without the suspended Tomas Kalas for the trip to West Yorkshire.

The on-loan defender was sent off inside the opening minute in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Reading. Tom Cairney, who scored against Leeds in both league meetings last season, is a doubt after pulling out of the line-up in Berkshire shortly before kick-off.

Denis Odoi came on at the Madejski Stadium as Slavisa Jokanovic shuffled his pack following the early dismissal and he will be pushing to start this time out.

Lucas Piazon's strike earned Fulham a share of the spoils and the midfielder will be hoping that is enough to earn him a spot in Jokanovic's side at Leeds.

3 - 0.

Saiz to start. Saiz to score.

MOT.

BelfastAndy
15-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Getting onto plane. I shall report after thrashing Fulham this evening.

BelfastAndy
15-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Just checked into hotel. Team are here! I'm away to stalk them.

Blackspaven
15-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Fairly bigged up game,... anyone got any ideas if it's on some bonky johnny foriegner tv channel with high quality commentary?? :)

BelfastAndy
15-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Got photys with Wood, Green, Saiz, Roofe and Bridcutt. Smells like Coops may be out and Bridcutt brought in. Changes.....

PS. Woods point blank denied going anywhere! Lol.

fredlufc74
15-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Hope you aren't getting them boozed up before the match Andy ;D

fredlufc74
15-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Leeds team v Fulham

Wiedwald, Ayling, Shaughnessy, Jansson, Anita, Phillips, O'Kane, Saiz, Hernandez, Alioski, Wood.

according to the YEP.

BelfastAndy
15-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Coops did get on bus

españablanco73
15-08-2017, 06:26 PM
working link anyone?

CromerWhite
15-08-2017, 06:30 PM
working link anyone?

Same one Pilgrim use to post, haven't seen him post on here in a while.

Looking forward to this one and I promise to try and manage my expectations better ;D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/k-s-sports?lang=en_US

españablanco73
15-08-2017, 06:31 PM
cheers C

españablanco73
15-08-2017, 06:37 PM
funny commentary, basically they are saying "who the f uck would move to Burnley as a lifetime choice" lol! Wood going nowhere.

pilgrimwhite
15-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Same one Pilgrim use to post, haven't seen him post on here in a while.

Looking forward to this one and I promise to try and manage my expectations better ;D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/k-s-sports?lang=en_US

still about mate, video don't know if it will last though

https://www.twitch.tv/gravy0509

CromerWhite
15-08-2017, 06:50 PM
still about mate, video don't know if it will last though

https://www.twitch.tv/gravy0509

Lovely, Cheers

pilgrimwhite
15-08-2017, 07:04 PM
this is awful viewing

CalverleyBoy
15-08-2017, 07:04 PM
We need to sort things or we are going to lose this

magnificowhite
15-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Lucky there as they hit the post. All over us. Come on Leeds.

pilgrimwhite
15-08-2017, 07:09 PM
back to audio. video link didn't last long

norfolk white
15-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Can't understand why Jackson, viera and cooper are dropped, Christiansen sure likes to tinker

pilgrimwhite
15-08-2017, 07:14 PM
http://leedsunitedshirt.com/leeds-united-news-website/leeds-united-live-radio-streaming/

another working video

magnificowhite
15-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Can't understand why Jackson, viera and cooper are dropped, Christiansen sure likes to tinker

CBJ a strange one I thought. Viera and cooper not in squad. Subs CBJ green roofe Dallas bridcutt klich ekuban

magnificowhite
15-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Great chance wood clean through. Tried to dink it. Ayling captain tonight.

LeedsFTW
15-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Midfield are giving Fulham too much respect, it appears that lads have been ordered to stay deep and stay a few yards off fulham, almost like they are waiting for a mistake instead of winning the ball.

CalverleyBoy
15-08-2017, 07:37 PM
There will be no promotion if this carries on - :-(

CromerWhite
15-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Thought we have grown into this and some of our play is excellent.

Great game so far, optimistic for the second half.

CalverleyBoy
15-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Thought we have grown into this and some of our play is excellent.

Great game so far, optimistic for the second half.

I don't think the video link helps - I'll try and regain my enthusiasm as you say there was an improvement

Rev72
15-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Evening all..hoping for a goal or 3 to the Leeds this half.

Ozwhites
15-08-2017, 07:56 PM
I know it only takes one opprtunity when he gets away with it, but Woody being offside to through balls so often is frustrating. Hopefully he can beat the trap in the one that counts.

CalverleyBoy
15-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Looks like the streaming police have been busy

Any other links or radio?

pilgrimwhite
15-08-2017, 08:01 PM

pilgrimwhite
15-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Looks like the streaming police have been busy

Any other links or radio?

only radio at the moment

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/k-s-sports

CromerWhite
15-08-2017, 08:03 PM

Good goal, shame the linesman fecked up >:(

ColombianWhite
15-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Just arrived
come on Leeds - good pressure lets score
MOT

galwaywhite
15-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Any other links for audio my ustream went off😣😣saying not available in my area.

ColombianWhite
15-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Any other links for audio my ustream went off����saying not available in my area.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/k-s-sports

ColombianWhite
15-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Take Phillips off give Bridcutt a run out
MOT

ColombianWhite
15-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Is Shaughnessey the real deal , Whelan raving about him
have we found a CB ??
MOT

españablanco73
15-08-2017, 08:44 PM
much better performance tonight, unlucky.

WTF11
15-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Dreadful, on both sides, but worrying that for the second match in succesion we didn't trouble the opposition goalie more than once or twice in the whole match.

Ozwhites
15-08-2017, 08:47 PM
I guess we are still undefeated... Was always going to be a tough one today, but draws continually at home are not going to be sufficient you wouldn't think. This next one away will be an even bigger test. MOT ☺

CromerWhite
15-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Score line should have been 1-0.

Stating the obvious I know but if we can keep up picking up points at this stage of the season I can see a bright future ahead, lot of team building to do but once they gel I think we my have a decent team on our hands.

ColombianWhite
15-08-2017, 08:51 PM
TC does not know his best team yet ,need to find the balance , at least its better then the first 6 matches last year !
These new players need to get used to the EFL and every year we get someone coming through the academy
MOT

joellufcprice
15-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Dreadful, on both sides, but worrying that for the second match in succesion we didn't trouble the opposition goalie more than once or twice in the whole match.

You didn't watch the game did you.

CromerWhite
15-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

Hoping for a no, but guessing you will be missing the point Joel :)

WTF11
15-08-2017, 09:01 PM

I watched as much as the links put up by helpful supporters allowed, not all I'll give you, but what I saw was not exactly inspiring and the stats don't make good reading.

You think we played well?

Billyni
15-08-2017, 09:04 PM
TC does not know his best team yet ,need to find the balance , at least its better then the first 6 matches last year !
These new players need to get used to the EFL and every year we get someone coming through the academy
MOT

Aye, still a wee bit of tinkering going on.

CromerWhite
15-08-2017, 09:07 PM
6th FFS, TC out!

Billyni
15-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Getting onto plane. I shall report after thrashing Fulham this evening.

Your minions await with bated breath :P

Rev72
15-08-2017, 09:18 PM
6th FFS, TC out!

Agree :O

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
15-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Thought Wiedwald and Shaughnessy played well, some decent chances attacking but not with the quality end product, wood was dreaming of his Burnley flat instead of scoring one of his hattrick of chances, it's another clean sheet, this time against a team some folk said were the best in the division who didn't get promoted, and they finished above us. End of the season when the points are totaled up, it doesn't matter whether the wins and draws are at home or away, it's the total that matters, still a better start than last season, still unbeaten, some other teams fecking up that were expected to do well, need the transfer window shut now so wood can get back to scoring goals for Leeds! MOT!!!

Rev72
15-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Big test coming up against Sunderland..would take a 0-0 draw up there.

galwaywhite
15-08-2017, 09:45 PM
A draw with Fulham is an ok result. Sounded like we played a lot better tonight. So hopefully it means were improving. Saiz sounds class. Need to find our balance in midfield hoping klich can provide it once fully fit. As for shaughnessy I'm absolutely delighted for him. Came through at a club not far from me in galway. First lad from Galway to play for Leeds United first team AFAIK. I'm sure him and his family are very proud as well as all Leeds fans in Galway.

BelfastAndy
15-08-2017, 09:49 PM
No effin signal inside ground.

Hard to watch. Bits of good play. They should have scored. We should have scored. Think overall we were just about evens.....

Dallas put that on plate for Wood. Wood should have scored the other 1 on 1 too.

Saiz and Allioski working machines. Hernandez good too. Roofe is a roofer.

Rev72
15-08-2017, 10:12 PM
No effin signal inside ground.

Hard to watch. Bits of good play. They should have scored. We should have scored. Think overall we were just about evens.....

Dallas put that on plate for Wood. Wood should have scored the other 1 on 1 too.

Saiz and Allioski working machines. Hernandez good too. Roofe is a roofer.

Good report BA.

Bit confused by your last comment tho..are you slating Roofe?

*gets coat*

BelfastAndy
15-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Yes bud......oh, I started to respond then penny dropped

🤣

Turfmoorspirit
15-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Dreadful, on both sides, but worrying that for the second match in succesion we didn't trouble the opposition goalie more than once or twice in the whole match. Seems like you need a decent striker.

Turfmoorspirit
15-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Thought Wiedwald and Shaughnessy played well, some decent chances attacking but not with the quality end product, wood was dreaming of his Burnley flat instead of scoring one of his hattrick of chances, it's another clean sheet, this time against a team some folk said were the best in the division who didn't get promoted, and they finished above us. End of the season when the points are totaled up, it doesn't matter whether the wins and draws are at home or away, it's the total that matters, still a better start than last season, still unbeaten, some other teams fecking up that were expected to do well, need the transfer window shut now so wood can get back to scoring goals for Leeds! MOT!!!"a flat" :D.. Iff he carries on firing blanks, a tent will suffice.. Offer him a payrise and keep him, we both win. ;D

españablanco73
16-08-2017, 06:07 AM
cant see how last night can be described as dreadful in any way shape or form, our inistance with last years 2 man midfield meant that we started the game,up to 20 mins getting the run around as we did against Preston, but once the other attacking players decided to up the work rate, we were dominant,if not leathal. Saiz, hernandez,Alioski, Anita, Okane and phillips were immense last night.Just a shame we couldnt top it off with a goal. All these foreigners are beginning to adjust to the demands of the FL.
Deadful, no.

WTF11
16-08-2017, 07:48 AM
cant see how last night can be described as dreadful in any way shape or form, our inistance with last years 2 man midfield meant that we started the game,up to 20 mins getting the run around as we did against Preston, but once the other attacking players decided to up the work rate, we were dominant,if not leathal. Saiz, hernandez,Alioski, Anita, Okane and phillips were immense last night.Just a shame we couldnt top it off with a goal. All these foreigners are beginning to adjust to the demands of the FL.
Deadful, no.

"Dominant, lethal, immense", and I get accused of not watching the match!

At one stage we were at just under 40% possession, finished on 44%, and that with a midfield that is so much better than last season? We had one shot in 90 minutes on goal, and less than 2/3 of the shots in total of our opposition (which isn't saying much, given that they only mustered 15).

Wood has either had his head turned or (more optimistically if fantastical), is missing opportunities to put PL clubs off the scent, and where were all the other options that this new side is supposed to exhibit? Still one target, still one plan, despite all the incomers (foreign or not).

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 08:57 AM
"Dominant, lethal, immense", and I get accused of not watching the match!

At one stage we were at just under 40% possession, finished on 44%, and that with a midfield that is so much better than last season? We had one shot in 90 minutes on goal, and less than 2/3 of the shots in total of our opposition (which isn't saying much, given that they only mustered 15).

Wood has either had his head turned or (more optimistically if fantastical), is missing opportunities to put PL clubs off the scent, and where were all the other options that this new side is supposed to exhibit? Still one target, still one plan, despite all the incomers (foreign or not).

Obviously didn't go to the match then fella.
You seem to forget that Fulham are pretty much the same team that finished so high in this league last season - and a draw was a fair result. You don't allow any time for new players to establish themselves, you can't seem to believe that Wood simply missed a couple rather than had his head turned, We look to have more options this season than last despite your last paragraph, Our players seem to be playing to their more natural positions [Dallas and Roofe on the right as opposed to the left] and so far we are unbeaten - Oh - and that F*ucking liability of a keeper had a good game.

You should get onto the Eastleigh board - give them the benefit of your wisdom - let them know how sh ite they are etc [they got beat last night] - go upset a few of their fans and give us Leeds fans a break will ya!

WTF11
16-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Obviously didn't go to the match then fella.
You seem to forget that Fulham are pretty much the same team that finished so high in this league last season - and a draw was a fair result. You don't allow any time for new players to establish themselves, you can't seem to believe that Wood simply missed a couple rather than had his head turned, We look to have more options this season than last despite your last paragraph, Our players seem to be playing to their more natural positions [Dallas and Roofe on the right as opposed to the left] and so far we are unbeaten - Oh - and that F*ucking liability of a keeper had a good game.

You should get onto the Eastleigh board - give them the benefit of your wisdom - let them know how sh ite they are etc [they got beat last night] - go upset a few of their fans and give us Leeds fans a break will ya!

No I didn't go to the match, already confirmed that.

"A draw was a fair result"? We were lucky not to concede, as for Wiedwald having a "good game" from the video that ended up being available I dread to see what he's like on a bad day and under real pressure.

Sure, everyone is playing so much better, being "dominant" and "lethal", so much so that we have failed in 180 minutes of football at home and in front of huge crowds to find the back of the net more than once and that having been disallowed (oh I forget, we had a worse start last season. Don't give a rats arse about last season, it's f00king history and about as relevant as the comment about the Fulham side). 5 points from 9 available, where will that ratio get us?

LeedsFTW
16-08-2017, 09:37 AM
I am pleased that we got a point against Fulham, I can't comment on the full match as I only saw about 20 mins towards the end of the first 1/2.

We were in desperate trouble at that point, Fulham were running through the midfield at will and we didn't seem to know how to put a tackle in. The only midfielder for us that seemed to be doing any of the hard graft was O'Kane, but he was winning the ball back around the 18 yard box and then 2 -3 passes later the ball was back with Fulham.

That 20 minutes I saw was alarming, I am glad the team grew into the game and feel we are fortunate Fulham didn't capitalize during that period.

Hopefully the team keeps learning and performances improve.

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 03:49 PM
" 5 points from 9 available, where will that ratio get us? "

About 78 points? better than last season and a place in the playoffs on virtually any other season?
What do you expect to be a reasonable points tally?

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Oh...and we weren't the only team to be "Lucky" not to concede

And I don't give a rat's A*se about your opinions frankly

WTF11
16-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Oh...and we weren't the only team to be "Lucky" not to concede

And I don't give a rat's A*se about your opinions frankly

Oh I'm so upset now!😣😣😣

WTF11
16-08-2017, 05:54 PM
" 5 points from 9 available, where will that ratio get us? "

About 78 points? better than last season and a place in the playoffs on virtually any other season?
What do you expect to be a reasonable points tally?

It's actually more like nearly 76, one point more than last season and still not enough to get us into the playoffs.

"Reasonable", WTF does that mean? Radrizzani has given Christiansen a target, promotion, which means at least 80 points to guarantee a playoff position and more like 90 to get automatic qualification. Nothing about reasonable, just necessary.

españablanco73
16-08-2017, 06:38 PM
you didnt understand the following WTF ?
"if not leathal" need me to spell it out to you? it means not leathal.
FFS.

Ozwhites
16-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Different slant.... Fulham only on 3 points....but still undefeated as we are. Maybe they are a tough unit to break down???

españablanco73
16-08-2017, 06:47 PM
we could always be aston Villa ;D

WTF11
16-08-2017, 07:06 PM
you didnt understand the following WTF ?
"if not leathal" need me to spell it out to you? it means not leathal.
FFS.

As in "they were awesome if not lethal" implying they have the capability to be so?

No matter, they were neither, not even close.

NB. Perhaps you'd like to use a dictionary so you don't repeat childish spelling mistakes (have a crack at finding out which word you excel at getting wrong?). Funny, given your offer to "spell it out", hmmmmm?

WTF11
16-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Different slant.... Fulham only on 3 points....but still undefeated as we are. Maybe they are a tough unit to break down???

With an equally ineffective attack, maybe.

Billyni
16-08-2017, 07:24 PM
With an equally ineffective attack, maybe.

Gotta hand it to you WTF. Yer never stuck for some kind of an answer. Wer ye ever a politician?:O:)

whitestomper45
16-08-2017, 07:24 PM
It's actually more like nearly 76, one point more than last season and still not enough to get us into the playoffs.

"Reasonable", WTF does that mean? Radrizzani has given Christiansen a target, promotion, which means at least 80 points to guarantee a playoff position and more like 90 to get automatic qualification. Nothing about reasonable, just necessary.,
I thought the target was the play offs not necessarily but obviously hopeful of promotion or at least some progression on and off field. AR also gave himself 5 years to get to PL

WTF11
16-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Gotta hand it to you WTF. Yer never stuck for some kind of an answer. Wer ye ever a politician?:O:)

Wash your mouth out with soap! 😉

One thing I will NEVER be, nor aspire to, is one of those trough grovelling, self-obsessed arse-h0les.

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Wash your mouth out with soap! ��

One thing I will NEVER be, nor aspire to, is one of those trough grovelling, self-obsessed arse-h0les.

Hahahahahahaha

okay - don't know what you're like in the trough grovelling stakes - but the rest LOL!!!

WTF11
16-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Hahahahahahaha

okay - don't know what you're like in the trough grovelling stakes - but the rest LOL!!!

Hook, line, sinker..........

was123
17-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Hook, line, sinker..........

I think we will beat newport !!!

was123
17-08-2017, 03:32 PM
i think we will beat newport