PDA

View Full Version : Shelvey

toonviking
13-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Seriously, what a bell end.

Need to replace this idiot - THIS window.

Jammy89
13-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Replace Shelvey or get striker. . . We wouldn't get both.

For me it would have to be a striker.

Agree that he was a bell end for that though, it cost us the game.

pboromag
13-08-2017, 02:40 PM
When I said he would crack under pressure people laughed

He is a knob

toonviking
13-08-2017, 02:42 PM
I rather replace Shelvey.

He will cost us many games, and eventually Rafas job.

pboromag
13-08-2017, 02:45 PM
He ain't up to the prem
To many clever players in his area who will get to him

mclovinmag
13-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Total liability but beggars can't be choosers. One more chance then get him out!....

Andy1981_2
13-08-2017, 02:59 PM
He ain't up to the prem
To many clever players in his area who will get to him

No credit due to anyone other than Shelvey for the sending off. Alli didn't kick the ball away to get Shelvey sent off, he did it because he's a petulant little brat. Shelvey just decided that if Alli would be petulant, he'd see his petulance and raise him a bellend.

TheOtherTerryMac
13-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Rafa should but him on the transfer list immediately he is a prick and a liability to the team

A petulant child that should be playing in the championship. Cost us the game today.

Andy1981_2
13-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Total liability but beggars can't be choosers. One more chance then get him out!....

Why does he deserve another chance? How many times have we been here before with him? Captain today, and he still acts like that. We have other central midfielders and they aren't the risk that Shelvey is. The rewards aren't there even when he does stay on the pitch - 5 goals and 8 assists last season in the Championship. He isn't good enough. His hollywood passes look great when they come off, but how many times does he just give the ball away? Plus the virtually guaranteed miscontrol in front of the back four in each game (did it AGAIN today). Sorry, but for me, he is not someone we should be picking the rest of the team around.

malamoto
13-08-2017, 03:16 PM
If I was Rafa I would of followed him up the tunnel and kicked 7 shades out of the petulant fecker. As captain you dont leave your team mates to suffer He is Joey Barton without the rug

Ragatino
13-08-2017, 03:36 PM
I was optimistic before kick off.

Spuds were not at the races at all. Toon were stagnant.

Shelvey is not the man round whom a team can be built.

Gayle is not a Premier League striker.

Houghton's Brighton & Huddersfield both played with more passion and conviction yesterday.

Spuds or not Prem matches are won and lost by single moments. I see nothing that convinces the team can produce those moments.

The few decent players we have will be drowned by the incompetence Championship fodder currently strangling the club wage bill.

We will be lucky to achieve 18th place.

Without a new striker in, of Perez-esque quality & a decent CMF partner for Merino NUFC could be looking to challenge for Sunderland's record low performance last season!

Very Very concerned!

ashingtoon62
13-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Why does he deserve another chance? How many times have we been here before with him? Captain today, and he still acts like that. We have other central midfielders and they aren't the risk that Shelvey is. The rewards aren't there even when he does stay on the pitch - 5 goals and 8 assists last season in the Championship. He isn't good enough. His hollywood passes look great when they come off, but how many times does he just give the ball away? Plus the virtually guaranteed miscontrol in front of the back four in each game (did it AGAIN today). Sorry, but for me, he is not someone we should be picking the rest of the team around.

Well said.

Ragatino
13-08-2017, 03:39 PM
If I were Rafa, I'd give C*ntley an ultimatum 'Cash or I resign.'

He should really consider his reputation.
;D
Why destroy a life's work?

Rafa could do 4-6 months worth of Punditry for Spanish broadcasters on the Prem, live at home, see his family everyday & then take a job when clubs start firing managers in November.

I hear Conte is already on the edge

waalsendmick
13-08-2017, 05:50 PM
merino will replace Shelvey.

Diame and De Jong are ready in the wings to sit on the bench or play alongside him (should Hayden falter).

Shelvey will sit out 3 games, then he will find it difficult to get his place back.

meanwhile, Harry Kane gets off Scot free while our new (and best) defender, could be out for sometime. I seriously worry about Lascelles as a premier league defender.

Jammy89
13-08-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm really annoyed about Kane as well. Any other player would of been done for that, it's just because he's a current media darling.

ghostrider
13-08-2017, 06:02 PM
He's a good player and we need him. It's as simple as that, at the minute.
He's been a right bell end, we all agree on that.
He's going to pay the price for being a right bell end but the player he is with the position he plays and the temperament he has, it's going to happen every now and again.

I don't like it and nor do any fan of this club but it is what it is and he will not be the first nor the last player of any club to suffer the consequences of his actions on a few occasions.

He takes his punishment on the chin and the simple warning from Rafa has to be something like this.

"Jonjo, you are paid by this club to play for this club and to lead by example. Your primary goal is to do positive things in order to propel this club forward. I expect you to make this your last silly red card offence by getting involved in off the ball incidents and if you fail to heed it, you will be omitted from the squad and placed on the transfer list."

That's it.
From that point on it's down to Shelvey, who has the opportunity to aid us in a reasonable finish to the league this season, with the squad he has around him.

Could I make a case for him?
The answer is no but I will say this much. We weren't going to get anything from Mariner anyway and Dele Alli is a wind up merchant and a petulant little git, which still doesn't get Shelvey any respite but I just felt like getting it off my chest.

Zippity
13-08-2017, 06:07 PM
The answer is no but I will say this much. We weren't going to get anything from Mariner anyway and Dele Alli is a wind up merchant and a petulant little git, which still doesn't get Shelvey any respite but I just felt like getting it off my chest.

Aye, this...especially the bit about Mariner.

What really ****s me off is Kane. Ali was being a knob but Shelvey was a bigger knob. Kane, on the other hand, was a dirty **** and having seen Cahill's sending off yesterday this was easily a red too.

toonviking
13-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Looking forward to the matches without Shelvey. Can't stand the fecker... last person I would name captain.

Overrated shoite player. If he was from scandinavia, he would be no where near a PL-team. I know people that can hit a 70yard pass perfectly - it dont make them a good footballer.

Stupid man. Stupid player. Get rid.

waalsendmick
13-08-2017, 06:34 PM
he may have been a bell end today, but to call him Shiite is way wide of the mark.

toonviking
13-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Not only today. Hes mood cost us many points in the relegation season, as well as last season.

On hes day hes good, but one good in 10 is not enough.

Nufc24Mag
13-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Looking forward to the matches without Shelvey. Can't stand the fecker... last person I would name captain.

Overrated shoite player. If he was from scandinavia, he would be no where near a PL-team. I know people that can hit a 70yard pass perfectly - it dont make them a good footballer.

Stupid man. Stupid player. Get rid.

Get rid of probably our best player is absolutely what we need to do when we don't have money to replace...

Zippity
13-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Aye, that's the problem. Shelvey is key to our gameplan and when he's on song, offers something that no-one else in the team does or even can.

Nufc24Mag
13-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Aye, that's the problem. Shelvey is key to our gameplan and when he's on song, offers something that no-one else in the team does or even can.

What p*sses me off most is I know shelvey is a idiot for doing what he did but if it was a spurs player the ref would pretend he didn't see it.

Jammy89
13-08-2017, 09:11 PM
What p*sses me off most is I know shelvey is a idiot for doing what he did but if it was a spurs player the ref would pretend he didn't see it.

Or at most would get a warning.

ghostrider
14-08-2017, 07:04 AM
Aye, this...especially the bit about Mariner.

What really ****s me off is Kane. Ali was being a knob but Shelvey was a bigger knob. Kane, on the other hand, was a dirty **** and having seen Cahill's sending off yesterday this was easily a red too.

I agree about Kane. He made no attempt to play the ball, only the player. It cost us a player and a game changing sub.
This should have been a red card for Kane, but like has been said: he's a media darling.

zoggs
14-08-2017, 09:57 AM
I agree about Kane. He made no attempt to play the ball, only the player. It cost us a player and a game changing sub.
This should have been a red card for Kane, but like has been said: he's a media darling.

I hope someone snaps Harry Kane's leg from the knee down . Ali just played Shelvey like the idiot that he is.

Zippity
14-08-2017, 10:02 AM
The other thing with Shelvey is that it's only a matter of time before it happens again. Leopards and spots and all that.

waalsendmick
14-08-2017, 10:05 AM
The other thing with Shelvey is that it's only a matter of time before it happens again. Leopards and spots and all that.

But a 20yr old (when we bought him) Mitro, was a liability that couldn't be trusted!

ghostrider
14-08-2017, 10:19 AM
I hope someone snaps Harry Kane's leg from the knee down . Ali just played Shelvey like the idiot that he is.

I agree.
I want to see a footballing no mark wreck his entire season.
In Shelvey's favour, if it can be classed as one, (assuming he gets the chance to play on) is, he is left with no excuses so early in the season and can sit out matches that we can cope in without him, rather than having any huge games to worry about.

All games are huge but I mean the real big hitters.

ghostrider
14-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Hopefully it only happens one last time for us, if it does, because after that I do not expect him to every kick another ball for us and hope he wouldn't.
One last shot for me and that's it.

Zippity
14-08-2017, 10:28 AM
I agree.
I want to see a footballing no mark wreck his entire season.
In Shelvey's favour, if it can be classed as one, (assuming he gets the chance to play on) is, he is left with no excuses so early in the season and can sit out matches that we can cope in without him, rather than having any huge games to worry about.

All games are huge but I mean the real big hitters.

To be honest, in our position, our huge games are ones like the games we've got coming up-against teams like Huddersfield, West Ham, Swansea and stoke.

ghostrider
14-08-2017, 10:33 AM
To be honest, in our position, our huge games are ones like the games we've got coming up-against teams like Huddersfield, West Ham, Swansea and stoke.

In a way you're right, but what I'm saying is, on a par we have players to easily cope in the likes of Shelvey's absence.
It sort of gives Merino and the likes the opportunity to stake a claim and actually up the quality ante, if you like.

Zippity
14-08-2017, 10:40 AM
In a way you're right, but what I'm saying is, on a par we have players to easily cope in the likes of Shelvey's absence.
It sort of gives Merino and the likes the opportunity to stake a claim and actually up the quality ante, if you like.

Aye, I'm looking forward to seeing Merino get a start. Means we might have to change our gameplan but maybe that's no bad thing. Gayle often gets isolated and building up play without being as direct as Shelvey often is means we might get more forward in support.

TheOtherTerryMac
14-08-2017, 10:40 AM

The big games for us are the next four and he is out for most of them. He is a liability and needs to be moved on he is a Championship player at best.

How many more chances do you want to give this guy and how the phuck Rafa could give that numpty the captains armband is beyond me.

So after one game we have lost Dumbar$e and out new centre back not good times ahead for us.

NorthernRock
14-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Aye, it was ****ing stupid and I was ripping the **** all day... But we all make mistakes, I'd rather let the lad get them out the way now against a side that finished 2nd(really wasn't impressed, I know that's rich) than start making them later on in the season.

End of the day, he ****ed up big time and cost us a positive start in my opinion but in the same way players should be more loyal towards their clubs, so should fans.

Most slating will be more than happy applauding if he ends up scoring important goals and in that I mean, he's a really good player in my eyes, he just needs direction and it's slowly coming so why let him go because of a daft action when he wants to play for us and is prepared to commit himself to the club?

I see a potential regular for his country (not that it means owt these days mind), I don't see a Championship player, I see a Champions league player tbh.

He'll make amends for his mistake if he's got owt about him now, if he doesn't then I'll agree but for now I'd like to support the lad to do the positive thing and help us win games, which tbf he's done more often than not this past year if people are gonna be straight.

FWIW I thought Delli was being a little ****, I don't condone Shelvey at all but there are mitigating circumstances for him being a ****er tbf.

Jammy89
14-08-2017, 06:51 PM

Agreed. I didn't expect anything against Spud but i do against the above teams so to lose him for those games isn't good. As ghost said the plus is that we can see Merino and he's looked decent in his cameos in pre-season.

toonviking
14-08-2017, 07:33 PM
What about James McCarthy?

He could replace Shelvey...?

Zippity
14-08-2017, 07:36 PM
What about James McCarthy?

He could replace Shelvey...?

Shelvey is key to a lot of our strategy of hitting teams on the break. Someone like McCarthy (or Whilshere) would be decent alongside him-almost like protecting the quarterback.

toonviking
14-08-2017, 07:42 PM
I dont think Shelvey is that *****. McCarthy knows how to pass, and I think he gives more protection like you said.

If we build our team around Shelvey, we're going to be in deep shiit...

waalsendmick
14-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Merino will replace Shelvey, then Shelvey will have to fight for his place, that can only be a good thing for us.

pboromag
14-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Half the clueless cocks on here were telling me how he was a few games from England
Funny how fickle so many of you are after one tackle

Typical

toonviking
14-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Good thing you never say something thats not right.

Nufc24Mag
14-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Half the clueless cocks on here were telling me how he was a few games from England

Typical

It's not hard to get called up to that sh*t hole of a squad colback and Taylor got called up a couple of seasons ago

Jammy89
14-08-2017, 09:09 PM

Typical

XD Fickle XD pot. . . . kettle. . . .black me thinks Pboro XD

ex_pat_magpie
14-08-2017, 10:41 PM

Typical

What does the other 50% of you think then Pboro?

pboromag
15-08-2017, 06:51 AM
100% said he wasn't right for us in the prem

But loads shouted me down

Now after 1 game 1 tackle they are calling him out

Bunch of turncoats

Won't be long before Rafa gets the same treatment

Especially if he continues to sign the quality he has

Huddersfield coming up and if we don't look convincing in that I'm sure that will start

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 07:31 AM
100% said he wasn't right for us in the prem

But loads shouted me down

Now after 1 game 1 tackle they are calling him out

Bunch of turncoats

Won't be long before Rafa gets the same treatment

Especially if he continues to sign the quality he has

Huddersfield coming up and if we don't look convincing in that I'm sure that will start

So you would rather be a happy pessimist rather than a disappointed optimist. You must be just one hell of a misery to be with.

pboromag
15-08-2017, 08:00 AM
So you would rather be a happy pessimist rather than a disappointed optimist. You must be just one hell of a misery to be with.

Not me
Had the pub rocking last night started of the karioke with me Rlvis songs

Then crocodile shoes

Even managed to do me Tom cruise bit from Cocktail

It's a bank holiday over here so plenty of people about

Just a realist
But you have to admit
So many turned on him
Our captain
Supposably our best player last season
And already some are saying get rid
That's pessimistic and fickle

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Not me
Had the pub rocking last night started of the karioke with me Rlvis songs

Then crocodile shoes

Even managed to do me Tom cruise bit from Cocktail

It's a bank holiday over here so plenty of people about

Just a realist
But you have to admit
So many turned on him
Our captain
Supposably our best player last season
And already some are saying get rid
That's pessimistic and fickle

And you have been his biggest critic in the past and now you are criticising posters for condemning him for his stupid action in an important match.

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it. It just seems you want to post the opposite of the majority of posters to create contention.

Southerntoon75
15-08-2017, 08:23 AM
And you have been his biggest critic in the past and now you are criticising posters for condemning him for his stupid action in an important match.

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it. It just seems you want to post the opposite of the majority of posters to create contention.

Yep agree with this!

pboromag
15-08-2017, 08:59 AM

Criticising him and saying get rid are two different things

I have been 100% steady in my criticism of him
He hasn't got what it takes to be a top class midfielder and will get at more than last season
He like many here can't take the pressure of playing for the toon

Will it get any easier for him when the relegation fight kicks in
Nope

He is a liability just like mistertrick

Rafa has seen this
Just last season sent of and banned for racism

But as I say too many fickle fans saying get rid for one tackle when only day before saying he is class

It will be the same ones saying Rafa out before xmas
At least I'm consistent in my views

waalsendmick
15-08-2017, 09:13 AM
I still think Jonjo will be a useful player for us this season.

Merino will come in for 3 games, if he does well, then Shelvey will have to fight for his place, which is good for the club and the squad. if however merino struggles, then Shelvey will be welcomed back into the fold.

what he done on Sunday wad stupid, but we've seen it all before. the over reaction to it is (in my mind) ridiculous.

feck me, Eric Cantona managed to continue after attacking a fan, shearer wasn't punished for kicking Lennon in the face and Roy Keane used to assault people on a weekly basis.

time to get over this and move on!

sherwoodmag
15-08-2017, 09:37 AM
I still think Jonjo will be a useful player for us this season.

Merino will come in for 3 games, if he does well, then Shelvey will have to fight for his place, which is good for the club and the squad. if however merino struggles, then Shelvey will be welcomed back into the fold.

what he done on Sunday wad stupid, but we've seen it all before. the over reaction to it is (in my mind) ridiculous.

feck me, Eric Cantona managed to continue after attacking a fan, shearer wasn't punished for kicking Lennon in the face and Roy Keane used to assault people on a weekly basis.

time to get over this and move on! Saw Mark Hughes run after a player and kick him on the back of a knee after being tackled,could have badly damaged him,he was a dirty player on a regular basis.

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Criticising him and saying get rid are two different things

I have been 100% steady in my criticism of him
He hasn't got what it takes to be a top class midfielder and will get at more than last season
He like many here can't take the pressure of playing for the toon

Will it get any easier for him when the relegation fight kicks in
Nope

He is a liability just like mistertrick

Rafa has seen this
Just last season sent of and banned for racism

But as I say too many fickle fans saying get rid for one tackle when only day before saying he is class

It will be the same ones saying Rafa out before xmas
At least I'm consistent in my views

Consistent is one thing you have never been. And who but you criticises Rafa. It matters not that you fail to understand the simple reasons his hands have been tied because of stupid amateurish decisions by Ashley and Charnley in the past, most of these before Rafa arrived. Just like your previous claim that Eden Hazard's brother had joined our development squad.

You were never man enough to either show where that came from or put your hands up and apologise for touting misleading information.

NorthernRock
15-08-2017, 09:57 AM
I do get what Peterborough is getting at though pat.

Us as fans have got to be more consistent man, otherwise if the wheels start falling off its gonna make it difficult for Rafa to sort things out and he'll think he mares as well **** off.

Aye, like I said, the lad deserves all the criticism he gets, but talking about selling him is stupid in my eyes, he's one of if not our best player and if we're to have a good season then I think he's going to be integral to that.

He ****ed up, we lost, now lets move on and get 3 points against Huddersfield, because if we don't it's going to spray a load of piss all ower our cornflakes before the season's even got going and like I said, it's not going to make things any easier for Rafa who's already pissed off with Laurel and Hardy.

United when we win and united when we lose.

pboromag
15-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Consistent is one thing you have never been. And who but you criticises Rafa. It matters not that you fail to understand the simple reasons his hands have been tied because of stupid amateurish decisions by Ashley and Charnley in the past, most of these before Rafa arrived. Just like your previous claim that Eden Hazard's brother had joined our development squad.

You were never man enough to either show where that came from or put your hands up and apologise for touting misleading information.
I'm trying to debate your trying to cause trouble again

I asked you to prove something several weeks ago and called you a liar and dishonourable
Something I still think you are
But I wasn't going to drag the past up
Plastic but you seem to want to do it again

pboromag
15-08-2017, 10:11 AM
I do get what Peterborough is getting at though pat.

Us as fans have got to be more consistent man, otherwise if the wheels start falling off its gonna make it difficult for Rafa to sort things out and he'll think he mares as well **** off.

Aye, like I said, the lad deserves all the criticism he gets, but talking about selling him is stupid in my eyes, he's one of if not our best player and if we're to have a good season then I think he's going to be integral to that.

He ****ed up, we lost, now lets move on and get 3 points against Huddersfield, because if we don't it's going to spray a load of piss all ower our cornflakes before the season's even got going and like I said, it's not going to make things any easier for Rafa who's already pissed off with Laurel and Hardy.

United when we win and united when we lose.

You are right
How can we sell someone for a red for a cowardly stamp
But stand. Y him when he was proven to be racist

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 10:27 AM
I'm trying to debate your trying to cause trouble again

I asked you to prove something several weeks ago and called you a liar and dishonourable
Something I still think you are
But I wasn't going to drag the past up
Plastic but you seem to want to do it again

So where was I a liar. Is it because you couldn't justify lying about Eden Hazard's brother?

waalsendmick
15-08-2017, 10:28 AM
here we go again!

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 10:32 AM
here we go again!

Not quite Mick. I'd just like one honest answer.

pboromag
15-08-2017, 10:35 AM
So where was I a liar. Is it because you couldn't justify lying about Eden Hazard's brother?

I'm not interested plastic

Go through the threads
I called you a liar and asked you to prove something you said I had done
You have failed to do so
And as is plain here you are dragging up old stuff just to create an argument
Well I won't. It's
As I say I was trying to debate yet again you pull up the old Eden HAZARD THREAD which has absolutely no relevance to this thread other than for you to cause an argument
I hope the mods take notice

waalsendmick
15-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Not quite Mick. I'd just like one honest answer.

it never stops with one question though. please don't antagonize him.

NorthernRock
15-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Just goes to show though doesn't it..

Shelvey's getting absolutely slated (rightly to an extent) because his actions lead to a loss... Fair enough but then we talk about integrity, personality etc, lol aye.. but tbf he did it right in front of the ref, remember that.

Then Kane is having his bellend licked as usual by everyone and he scores again, which helped his team win... I think on the pitch he's a ****er albeit professional and competitive. He's applauded as usual...

But he did an absolutely ****e tackle(at best) on Lejuene, which caused his injury and he stayed on the pitch to score.. Did he mean to?(Lejuene looks good btw) or was it just a clumsy tackle by someone regarded as one of the best players in the country?

And fwiw all the journo's and people going over board with Tottenham- their 1st eleven being the best in the league? Well I didn't see **** tbh, they do have a really good team with skilled individuals but they're not that special and that's being straight up, they're well over-rated by many in my opinion, hence Walker to Tottenham for £50m haha yeah right.

Before the game I felt we could beat them and without 2 injuries and a sending off I think we would have got something.

Should of, would have and all the *******s but against a team that finished 2nd, we didn't do that bad considering that we had a fair few players under-performing in an offensive sense that allowed Tottenham to take hold of the game. I'm positive because I can see what we're trying to do and I thought Atsu did pretty well at times, one of our few creative bright sparks tbh.

Matt Ritchie is an unsung player I think, I reckon in any level of team he'd do a job, great team player.

Get a few more in before the window and we'll be set-up well for a good season.

Just hope he's allowed to get what he needs in otherwise it could affect our season in a **** load of different ways, which is gonna cause problems for Rafa and the team tbh.

We're not Chelsea but **** me Huddersfield owners thought we need to at least give the manager what he realistically wants/needs to stay up/compete. He trusts his manager enough to put his own finances at risk for the bigger picture. Rafa deserves that trust, enough for him to invest more money into it, knowing he ****ed up last time, this time give a top manager who knows the game/market the players he needs to push us onto that level... That's what I thought he would do last time but after finishing 5th he got too greedy for the short term gains without thinking of the bigger picture and that's because he didn't have trust in his manager to take us there, even though he gave him an 8 year contract??

Because he thought he'd at least get a top 10 finish.. He didn't (they did great finishing 5th)... The wheels fell off because Graham Carr couldn't deliver the stream of "Ajax esque" type signings to supply the team with what it needed and Pardew tbf on him wasn't good enough to consistently deliver results at the top level, although on his day I personally thought he was a good manager.

He wants us to be a successful self sufficient club, like top clubs on the continent, but they don't play in a competition that is as competitive for the Prem and they have all long established their youth academies and networks... Mike was playing catch-up keeping his money close to his pocket.

Now he's willing to admit that he's saying well actually I'm "not that rich" the lying fat ******* XD XD XD

Can't fault him one bit though can you? I mean Benitez comes out and basically says fat Mike ain't giving me **** and he's had to address that with a why- he's not willing to, it's his own money and he doesn't want to risk it to compete.

He's not willing to put the extra investment there (yet/waiting for investor?), he wants Rafa to tweak his original blue print, but instead of putting age restrictions etc he's now given Benitez free roam to use his contacts and knowledge to pick up "bargains"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer that this can work... But not on it's own. Not for the here and now and ultimately that's what we all want so it needs to be assisted with a few big signings, not only to show ambition, but to right wrongs and to show the manager and fans that we are a big club and we can also sustain ourselves long term as long as we're given a push..

Give him/club a loan for £50m to splash out on 2/3 players and let Rafa build what he really wants (at this point) so he can progress us onto that next stage.

If he can't do that he needs to step down, simple as that. He knows it.

Tbh though I'm not a big fan of foreign owners and turning the game to all about money, but ultimately that's what you want in order to compete.

I'm willing to wait myself. Pay for it the right way with ability, hard work and commitment. Leicester did it... for a season...

Flipsides and coins ay.

#Random rant
#BillandPetemakeup
#Theytexteachotherdaily
#Shelveyplayeroftheyear
#Ashleyyourarmsaretoosmall

And all that *******s.

Davearmy
15-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Just goes to show though doesn't it..

Shelvey's getting absolutely slated (rightly to an extent) because his actions lead to a loss... Fair enough but then we talk about integrity, personality etc, lol aye.. but tbf he did it right in front of the ref, remember that.

Then Kane is having his bellend licked as usual by everyone and he scores again, which helped his team win... I think on the pitch he's a ****er albeit professional and competitive. He's applauded as usual...

But he did an absolutely ****e tackle(at best) on Lejuene, which caused his injury and he stayed on the pitch to score.. Did he mean to?(Lejuene looks good btw) or was it just a clumsy tackle by someone regarded as one of the best players in the country?

And fwiw all the journo's and people going over board with Tottenham- their 1st eleven being the best in the league? Well I didn't see **** tbh, they do have a really good team with skilled individuals but they're not that special and that's being straight up, they're well over-rated by many in my opinion, hence Walker to Tottenham for £50m haha yeah right.

Before the game I felt we could beat them and without 2 injuries and a sending off I think we would have got something.

Should of, would have and all the *******s but against a team that finished 2nd, we didn't do that bad considering that we had a fair few players under-performing in an offensive sense that allowed Tottenham to take hold of the game. I'm positive because I can see what we're trying to do and I thought Atsu did pretty well at times, one of our few creative bright sparks tbh.

Matt Ritchie is an unsung player I think, I reckon in any level of team he'd do a job, great team player.

Get a few more in before the window and we'll be set-up well for a good season.

Just hope he's allowed to get what he needs in otherwise it could affect our season in a **** load of different ways, which is gonna cause problems for Rafa and the team tbh.

We're not Chelsea but **** me Huddersfield owners thought we need to at least give the manager what he realistically wants/needs to stay up/compete. He trusts his manager enough to put his own finances at risk for the bigger picture. Rafa deserves that trust, enough for him to invest more money into it, knowing he ****ed up last time, this time give a top manager who knows the game/market the players he needs to push us onto that level... That's what I thought he would do last time but after finishing 5th he got too greedy for the short term gains without thinking of the bigger picture and that's because he didn't have trust in his manager to take us there, even though he gave him an 8 year contract??

Because he thought he'd at least get a top 10 finish.. He didn't (they did great finishing 5th)... The wheels fell off because Graham Carr couldn't deliver the stream of "Ajax esque" type signings to supply the team with what it needed and Pardew tbf on him wasn't good enough to consistently deliver results at the top level, although on his day I personally thought he was a good manager.

He wants us to be a successful self sufficient club, like top clubs on the continent, but they don't play in a competition that is as competitive for the Prem and they have all long established their youth academies and networks... Mike was playing catch-up keeping his money close to his pocket.

Now he's willing to admit that he's saying well actually I'm "not that rich" the lying fat ******* XD XD XD

Can't fault him one bit though can you? I mean Benitez comes out and basically says fat Mike ain't giving me **** and he's had to address that with a why- he's not willing to, it's his own money and he doesn't want to risk it to compete.

He's not willing to put the extra investment there (yet/waiting for investor?), he wants Rafa to tweak his original blue print, but instead of putting age restrictions etc he's now given Benitez free roam to use his contacts and knowledge to pick up "bargains"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer that this can work... But not on it's own. Not for the here and now and ultimately that's what we all want so it needs to be assisted with a few big signings, not only to show ambition, but to right wrongs and to show the manager and fans that we are a big club and we can also sustain ourselves long term as long as we're given a push..

Give him/club a loan for £50m to splash out on 2/3 players and let Rafa build what he really wants (at this point) so he can progress us onto that next stage.

If he can't do that he needs to step down, simple as that. He knows it.

Tbh though I'm not a big fan of foreign owners and turning the game to all about money, but ultimately that's what you want in order to compete.

I'm willing to wait myself. Pay for it the right way with ability, hard work and commitment. Leicester did it... for a season...

Flipsides and coins ay.

#Random rant
#BillandPetemakeup
#Theytexteachotherdaily
#Shelveyplayeroftheyear
#Ashleyyourarmsaretoosmall

And all that *******s.

Kane didn't score.

NorthernRock
15-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Kane didn't score.

You get the point XD

toonlegend
15-08-2017, 10:26 PM

Typical

i've been thinking and thinking

and reckon you must be getting mixed up, cos i can't think of anyone declaring him being a sure fire england player.

i think at most its been said that if he knuckles down and keeps on improving - that he has a good chance of becoming an england player.