PDA

View Full Version : Positives from today...

Andy1981_2
13-08-2017, 02:46 PM
1. Up until the sending off, we were never really in trouble. Well organised, good shape, looking solid.
2. Lejeune looked good until the injury.
3. Dummett is injured.
4. The new kits look mint.
5. Shelvey is suspended, so we will bring in Merino and give the ball away far less.
6. Gayle's movement was excellent - probably should have scored.
7. Atsu looks like a great signing, really exciting player.
8. Clark was excellent all game.

Any others?

Jammy89
13-08-2017, 02:48 PM
This was always going to be hard game that many of us expected to lose.

We won't face Spuds every week.

I think Huddersfield next weekend is winnable - yes despite how they played yesterday.

Nufc24Mag
13-08-2017, 02:49 PM
1. Up until the sending off, we were never really in trouble. Well organised, good shape, looking solid.
3. Dummett is injured.
5. Shelvey is suspended, so we will bring in Merino and give the ball away far less.

Any others?

Atsu was our best player
Manquillo played well
Mike might see we need more money!!!

Andy1981_2
13-08-2017, 02:52 PM
This was always going to be hard game that many of us expected to lose.

We won't face Spuds every week.

I think Huddersfield next weekend is winnable - yes despite how they played yesterday.

Yep, definitely no cause for concern today. Obviously every game is going to be tough this season, but I came away from today feeling positive about pretty much everyone other than Shelvey. He was poor up until the sending off, and he wouldn't get into our side if I was picking it, so for me I'm happy he'll have to sit out the next three. Hopefully he's made to earn his place back too.

Andy1981_2
13-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Mike might see we need more money!!!

Have you not seen his interview mate? He's skint apparently.

Nufc24Mag
13-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Have you not seen his interview mate? He's skint apparently.

Is he f*ck

Jammy89
13-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Somebody elses positives on todays game from Facebook group:

First half we matched the team that finished 2nd last year
- New boys played well
- Positive that we didn't get spanked by 6 or 7 considering they were the leagues top scorers last year
- Atsu was our MOTM
- Shelvey has all the talent in the world but the common sense of a 2 year old child
- Shelvey should be fined a months wages minimum
- We'll sign a couple more before the end of the window
- If a player who's not the media darling that Kane is makes the same challenge they see a red card
- I'm confident we'll do ok this year if we play like that

Zippity
13-08-2017, 04:20 PM
3. Dummett is injured.

Any others?

Agree with all of those, especially Atsu who looks to have stepped his game up.

The flags looked good too.

Cannylad
13-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Yep, definitely no cause for concern today. Obviously every game is going to be tough this season, but I came away from today feeling positive about pretty much everyone other than Shelvey. He was poor up until the sending off, and he wouldn't get into our side if I was picking it, so for me I'm happy he'll have to sit out the next three. Hopefully he's made to earn his place back too.

Copy that, thought generally we played well considering it's the first game. If we could get a decent striker in I think we will be ok this season, I'd put Shelvey on the bench though for sure and he's certainly not captain material.

MitchMag
13-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Not many to shout about.The reality is it is going to be a hard season. Goodbye to the Fizzy and welcome to the real world.

Zippity
13-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Not many to shout about.The reality is it is going to be a hard season. Goodbye to the Fizzy and welcome to the real world.

Mitch, man-this is the positives thread! :D

ghostrider
13-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Andy and Jammy put plenty of positives up.
I'd say that there was a hell of a lot to be optimistic about because we actually looked a much better drilled side compared to past premier set up's.

I've seen enough to give me a gee up and seeing as this is the positive thread I'll leave it at that.l

MitchMag
13-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Mitch, man-this is the positives thread! :D

Just being realistic.

Davearmy
13-08-2017, 11:20 PM
Rafa's game plan was working PERFECTLY up until Shelvey turned into a Knob head and got himself sent off we were defending really well and spurs weren't giving us any trouble at all and were forced into long shots. As for Lejeune his injury was a massive blow because he is so good! Kane couldn't do feck all against him (that's why he snapped him) Yes Kane should of seen red 100% as like Rafa said that tackle was far more dangerous than Shelveys stamp.

As for the game i think IF Lejeune hadn't of gotten injured and Shelvey didn't get sent off i think we could of took a 1-0 win in that game Atsu was a nightmare for them.

MidsMagpie
13-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Atsu was superb and up to his injury Lejeune looked a class act, Mbemba slotted in well and defended well, we were to lightweight in attack though Perez and Gayle arnt the answer. Not much else sadly but things will only get better starting with 3 points next sunday.

smorgan86
14-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Ok. You guys really need to help me out. Why is everyone saying that Manquillo did well? Both Spurs goals went in on his man that he didn't track. Up until the first goal, the defense looked very well organized but I still have to say that it was Manquillo at fault for both goals, so no, he didn't look good.

Positives: Gayle looked up to full fitness. Atsu was a beast. The other defenders looked solid. We looked decent with Merino and Hayden in the middle. Dummett got injured. We may be forced to buy a few players now. Spurs are also a quality side so it's hard to feel bad about losing, especially on 10 men.

ghostrider
14-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Ok. You guys really need to help me out. Why is everyone saying that Manquillo did well? Both Spurs goals went in on his man that he didn't track. Up until the first goal, the defense looked very well organized but I still have to say that it was Manquillo at fault for both goals, so no, he didn't look good.

Positives: Gayle looked up to full fitness. Atsu was a beast. The other defenders looked solid. We looked decent with Merino and Hayden in the middle. Dummett got injured. We may be forced to buy a few players now. Spurs are also a quality side so it's hard to feel bad about losing, especially on 10 men.

Manquillo had a very good game. Very good.

smorgan86
14-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Manquillo had a very good game. Very good.

Compared to Jonjo....

pboromag
14-08-2017, 04:10 PM
The game was only 90 minutes

Shelvey proved me right he can't play under pressure
We don't need a new keeper

Dummet isn't the worse defender in the league

Rafa hopefully will learn you won't get results with Gayle up front