PDA

View Full Version : Our strongest team

An old shed boy
13-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Playing 4 4 2 I'd say the team that started on Saturday is the strongest we have.
Maybe Quinn coming in but only being signed to January suggests a back up role.

Chick A Saw
13-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Playing 4 4 2 I'd say the team that started on Saturday is the strongest we have.
Maybe Quinn coming in but only being signed to January suggests a back up role.

Not so sure that yesterdays team will be the strongest team long term. As for Quinn, i am happy he has signed but i dont see Durnan being dropped just now. I expect when Scobbie is back that he will be in at LB.

What pleases me though is that there is a number of players who can come in and do a job should the first pick take an injury or need a rest, something we really should do this season.

SmedDUm
13-08-2017, 08:53 PM
It's more to do with the strength of the squad that's important.
The season's barely started and we've lost Keatings, N'Koyi & now Scobbie to injury and then McMullan to suspension.
Then Murdoch, Flood & Fraser started the season not 100%.
Ray McKinnon mentioned an 18-man squad but I make it 21 or 22 which we may need at that level of not having everyone available for selection.

Chick A Saw
13-08-2017, 09:06 PM
I think when everyone is fit, we are 2 players short of cover for every position, although there are players who can be moved to cover.

1st choice.
Lewis
Murdoch, Durnan, Edge, Scobbie
McMullan, Fyvie, Stanton, King,
Keatings, McDonald.

2nd choice,
Deniz
Toshney, Quinn, Scobbie, Robson
Chalmers, Briels, Allardice, Fraser
N'Koyi, Smith

I cant remember managing to do that last season with the squad which is certainly an upgrade.

And i cant believe i managed to keep Flood out of that!