PDA

View Full Version : The Offside

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
13-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Only thing i can see is Jack O's right foot.

blades58
13-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Only thing i can see is Jack O's right foot.

He was on and anyway he didn't touch the ball. The defender headed it in

GrayBlade
13-08-2017, 05:53 PM
This is the picture that supposedly shows he may have been offlside but it's obviously a fraction later. Look at Leon Clarke how he's moved closer to the defender and note they don't show Duffy taking it in the second. Why anybody wluld want to do that I don't know but as Gagey says, if we're going to have a Pig assessing us, why not go the whole hog ;) and use Smeggy.

This was the other offside that linemans gave, not even close to offside, you've got to ask questions about him, hopefully the assessors will.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
13-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Its Magic's right foot that was seen in an offside position.

A pic on S2 in video review thread,second pic in thread shows it,it is very hard to see,but Magic's boot can just be seen about (knee) height on the first Boro defender,does not matter who headed the ball into the net,if Magic was deemed interfereing with play he would be given offside.

As much as i hate saying it the wan-ker lino did get it right.

GrayBlade
13-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Its Magic's right foot that was seen in an offside position.

A pic on S2 in video review thread,second pic in thread shows it,it is very hard to see,but Magic's boot can just be seen about (knee) height on the first Boro defender,does not matter who headed the ball into the net,if Magic was deemed interfereing with play he would be given offside.

As much as i hate saying it the wan-ker lino did get it right.

I've seen it mate, I disagree, it was in line at best. No way could that Lino have seen that and given a team the benefit of any doubt which they're supposed to do unless they're sure like every ex pro viewing it has said...bar the ex Pig.

silentjourneyhome
13-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Strange match report by 'Jason Mellor at the Riverside' in the Sunday Telegraph says 'Celebrations in front of 2,000 travelling fans were curtailed by the touch-and-go ruling against Chris Basham, rounding off a forgettable evening for the Blades defender who was at fault for the contest's only goal.'

How odd?

GrayBlade
13-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I've done a bit of digging about the Lino.

silentjourneyhome
13-08-2017, 08:19 PM

:):):) Excellent Gray! Where there's blame there's a claim!

rodcurrie
13-08-2017, 08:48 PM

5958Brilliant Gray.:D I have to say tho the disallowed goal was a close call,and it makes even more bafflin why the best sport on the planet doesn't have video replays.UTCB

Chips1889
14-08-2017, 08:05 AM
All that money wasted on goal line technology (and no body asked the fans). Rather have disallowed goals reveiwed....but not by Sky as they can't link two shots together that actually show the free kick in sinc.

:(

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
14-08-2017, 08:17 AM
All that money wasted on goal line technology (and no body asked the fans). Rather have disallowed goals reveiwed....but not by Sky as they can't link two shots together that actually show the free kick in sinc.

:(
Yep.

GrayBlade
14-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Even bigger load of rubbish now, the Ref told Wilder is was because of an infringement by O'Connel, not offside. Well he was closer than the Lino and didn't blow it and more importantly, the flag was raised for offside, not a foul. Like Wiler says he fudged it.

Anyway lads time to move on, maybe we'll get a decision go our way in the next couple of games.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
14-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Five.

BlockD
14-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Even bigger load of rubbish now, the Ref told Wilder is was because of an infringement by O'Connel, not offside. Well he was closer than the Lino and didn't blow it and more importantly, the flag was raised for offside, not a foul. Like Wiler says he fudged it.

Anyway lads time to move on, maybe we'll get a decision go our way in the next couple of games.

The referee and linesman should never officiate another football match ever again

rodcurrie
14-08-2017, 03:05 PM
The referee and linesman should never officiate another football match ever againBehave thissen ya duck egg,the worst decision the lino made was when he gave Freeman offside.The "goal" decision was close,so close even today some say it was on side,some sayin it was offside,it shouldn't even have been a free kick.We lost 1-0 move on.UTCB

GrayBlade
14-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Somebody on Twitter said that Staton would try and deflect away from the match and onto the the trouble after it and surprise surprise, the first three Blades callers allowed on air just wanted to talk about the trouble. Coincidence?