PDA

View Full Version : Did that just happen at Stamford Bridge..?

The Bedlington Terrier
13-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Dave's take on an unexpected (for some!) three points...

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/did-that-just-happen-at-stamford-bridge/9026165/

Supersub6
13-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Well said Dave. A thoroughly deserved win which came about because we were able to take advantage of all the 'misfortune' surrounding Chelsea at the moment.
Some may argue that Cahill was a little unfortunate in being dismissed because it was more clumsy than malicious, however, with the current trend to remove physicality from the game, there could only be one outcome. Add to that the indiscipline of a team who, whether champions or not, seem to think that they can 'referee' games as well as play in them, and you have reasons to thank Craig Pawson who was not influenced by the players or the crowd and that took some backbone.
A great day to be a Claret and, although we are playing one of our 'bogey' teams next week I can't wait to attend the Turf to start my 66th year of watching the Clarets live. Exciting times.

oldcolner
13-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Yes a memorable result for us, it seemed we were in total control till we took Defour off and they brought Marato on. Glad he got an offside touch on Christiansons goal bound shot!
Not sure if Tarks fouled to chalk off Sams first goal and thought Luiz lucky to stay on.
Swapping Defour who was in great form for Walters didn't make much sense or do much for me.
How we could let 8 players press 10 at the end was worrying,
Time to work on the balls over the top of defence as Pulis will exploit us next Saturday.