PDA

View Full Version : Good answer Joe!

silentjourneyhome
13-08-2017, 08:16 PM
In today's paper there is a full page interview with Joe Root alongside which is 'The Cricketers' questionnaire: Root on career highs and lows'

Some examples are:

Best moment in cricket? - Winning the Ashes for the first time in 2013.

Worst moment in cricket? - Losing 5-0 in Australia in 2013-14.

Favourite ground? - Trent Bridge

Worst ground? - Hillsborough (Sheffield Wednesday football stadium).

Got a wise head on him that lad - I think he'll go far!

BlockD
14-08-2017, 07:07 AM
In today's paper there is a full page interview with Joe Root alongside which is 'The Cricketers' questionnaire: Root on career highs and lows'

Some examples are:

Best moment in cricket? - Winning the Ashes for the first time in 2013.

Worst moment in cricket? - Losing 5-0 in Australia in 2013-14.

Favourite ground? - Trent Bridge

Worst ground? - Hillsborough (Sheffield Wednesday football stadium).

Got a wise head on him that lad - I think he'll go far!

Sensible lad is our Joe

rodcurrie
14-08-2017, 07:21 AM
Sensible lad is our JoeI wonder why our Joe dint say BDBL or even Headingley for his favrit ground?:O UTCB

GrayBlade
14-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Good lad Joe!

Ayamonteblade
14-08-2017, 09:32 AM
I wonder why our Joe dint say BDBL or even Headingley for his favrit ground?:O UTCB

He was being honest? :P

rodcurrie
14-08-2017, 10:18 AM
He was being honest? :PHow any BLADE can say BDBL aint the best place on the planet never miind best ground is beyond me i'm afraid Monte,but Hey as always each to their own. UTCB

tomytony
14-08-2017, 03:10 PM
How any BLADE can say BDBL aint the best place on the planet never miind best ground is beyond me i'm afraid Monte,but Hey as always each to their own. UTCB

Obviously not hit 'TRUEBLADE' status.

That's another written off by some then.

rodcurrie
14-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Obviously not hit 'TRUEBLADE' status.

That's another written off by some then.Probably not,he's usually busy throught the footy season,so no point in Our Joe havin a S/T.Will ya be watchin the Leicester tie on TV? Bearin in mind that some of the Sky money will be goin into King Kev's/the clubs pocket.:) UTCB

tomytony
14-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Probably not,he's usually busy throught the footy season,so no point in Our Joe havin a S/T.Will ya be watchin the Leicester tie on TV? Bearin in mind that some of the Sky money will be goin into King Kev's/the clubs pocket.:) UTCB

Can't you make one post without some sort of side swipe, without mentioning your Messiah, the bestower of your TRUEBLADE status?

On the Sky money basis he would be a fool not to accept, same as all the rest do.

If you follow your logic( well, I say logic) you'd have to stop watching Sky because, occasionally they feature the pigs, and that must be like a dagger through the heart for the TRUEEST TRUE BLADE ever (and ad nauseum)

rodcurrie
14-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Can't you make one post without some sort of side swipe, without mentioning your Messiah, the bestower of your TRUEBLADE status?

On the Sky money basis he would be a fool not to accept, same as all the rest do.

If you follow your logic( well, I say logic) you'd have to stop watching Sky because, occasionally they feature the pigs, and that must be like a dagger through the heart for the TRUEEST TRUE BLADE ever (and ad nauseum)I do believe it was you who brought the TRUE BLADE status up in this thread,if ya don't like the "banter" back don't give it out TT,it makes you sound rather mardy mi owd,that's my last comment on this tonight,but no doubt you'll need to have the last word won't ya.:) UTCB

tomytony
14-08-2017, 06:02 PM
I do believe it was you who brought the TRUE BLADE status up in this thread,if ya don't like the "banter" back don't give it out TT,it makes you sound rather mardy mi owd,that's my last comment on this tonight,but no doubt you'll need to have the last word won't ya.:) UTCB

Back to the problems with assimilation and comprehension I see.( or maybe it's that deflecton technique you arttempt to employ when you don't want to accept the unpalatable facts)

You know full well that the reference to side swipes was based on YOU yet again bringing McC into a post, not on me mentioning your egoistic insistence on emphasising repeatedly your TB status.

Now you've really regressed to the piggy 'banter' excuse and, becasue I reply, you try to claim the higher ground by saying I'll 'need to have the last word'.

The more we trade posts the more it is evident that, like all those that have no meaningful answer, reasoned response or even the capacity to construct one, you attempt to obfuscate the issue by going off at a tangent.

Now, I'm happy to give a bit out but, when the responses can't address the issue, then it's like arguing with a goldfish.

The only difference is that , rather than 'bob', you say TRUEBLADE.

rodcurrie
15-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Back to the problems with assimilation and comprehension I see.( or maybe it's that deflecton technique you arttempt to employ when you don't want to accept the unpalatable facts)

You know full well that the reference to side swipes was based on YOU yet again bringing McC into a post, not on me mentioning your egoistic insistence on emphasising repeatedly your TB status.

Now you've really regressed to the piggy 'banter' excuse and, becasue I reply, you try to claim the higher ground by saying I'll 'need to have the last word'.

The more we trade posts the more it is evident that, like all those that have no meaningful answer, reasoned response or even the capacity to construct one, you attempt to obfuscate the issue by going off at a tangent.

Now, I'm happy to give a bit out but, when the responses can't address the issue, then it's like arguing with a goldfish.

The only difference is that , rather than 'bob', you say TRUEBLADE.I was correct then TT,you did want the last word,if only it was as easy to perdict the footy scores.:)I notice you're doin your Suzie Dent impression again,obfuscate,what am i tryin to darken,obscure then?:? Your post at 4.10 mentioned TRUE BLADE which for some strange reason seems to get on your nerves,so i replied wi a bit of King Kev "banter" Now i reckon other posters may well gettin a bit fed up with thee and me when we get on this subject so i'm gunna leave you to your grumpy bile posts abart King Kev for awhile.Finally i don't consider myself the number one TRUE BLADE,as you claim i've said i am that honour in my view belongs to late great SHRED.I'm off to get my Leicester ticket in a couple of hours,see ya laters buddy.UTCB

tomytony
15-08-2017, 07:50 AM
I was correct then TT,you did want the last word,if only it was as easy to perdict the footy scores.:)I notice you're doin your Suzie Dent impression again,obfuscate,what am i tryin to darken,obscure then?:? Your post at 4.10 mentioned TRUE BLADE which for some strange reason seems to get on your nerves,so i replied wi a bit of King Kev "banter" Now i reckon other posters may well gettin a bit fed up with thee and me when we get on this subject so i'm gunna leave you to your grumpy bile posts abart King Kev for awhile.Finally i don't consider myself the number one TRUE BLADE,as you claim i've said i am that honour in my view belongs to late great SHRED.I'm off to get my Leicester ticket in a couple of hours,see ya laters buddy.UTCB

"becasue I reply, you try to claim the higher ground by saying I'll 'need to have the last word'.

I rest my case.

You either don't read fully what is posted or don't understand.

P. S. I would have thought there would have been a personalised delivery service for YOUR tickets. :)

GrayBlade
15-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Hey Rod and TT. Get a thread. ;D