PDA

View Full Version : West Brom

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Hoping to sign two players this week and willing to sell Chadli
Pulis started 19-year-old Sam Field ahead of Chadli in Saturday's 1-0 win over Bournemouth and then brought on 17-year-old midfielder Rekeem Harper for his first-team debut while the Belgian remained on the bench.

Captain Johnny Evans wanted by Leicester also didn't play

Rondon threw his shirt off rather than applaud the fans at the end as he only got a few minutes

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2017/08/13/tony-pulis-ready-to-cash-in-on-nacer-chadli/#1LeFjcwCqiOl5bpA.99

Let's hope a few more cracks appear for Saturday.

Supersub6
14-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Hoping to sign two players this week and willing to sell Chadli
Pulis started 19-year-old Sam Field ahead of Chadli in Saturday's 1-0 win over Bournemouth and then brought on 17-year-old midfielder Rekeem Harper for his first-team debut while the Belgian remained on the bench.

Captain Johnny Evans wanted by Leicester also didn't play

Rondon threw his shirt off rather than applaud the fans at the end as he only got a few minutes

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2017/08/13/tony-pulis-ready-to-cash-in-on-nacer-chadli/#1LeFjcwCqiOl5bpA.99

Let's hope a few more cracks appear for Saturday.

oldcolner --you will soon have the reputation as our 'find the cracks man' --- keep up the good work! ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
14-08-2017, 09:21 AM
I always enjoy the craic with oldcolner! :D

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 09:01 PM
I always enjoy the craic with oldcolner! :D

Ooh you are a terrier!

Well some more cracks appearing for you supersub

West Brom manager Tony Pulis says the club are "desperate" to sign players before the transfer window closes.

The Baggies won their opening match of the Premier League season but Pulis warned that without additions to his squad, "it could be a long season".

Pulis has signed just four players so far this summer, including Jay Rodriguez from Southampton for £15m.

"We're desperate to bring players in. We've got a squad of 17 and it's a top-age squad as well," said Pulis.

So long as he doesn't get any till Monday I'll be happy. Can we offer walking sticks given their advanced age?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40929125

alfinyalcabo
14-08-2017, 09:10 PM
West Brom will be a very severe test for us,but will be there for the beating ..No doubt JRod will score against us..

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Rumoured that he wants to sell Chadli as they had a row in early July

It is alleged that Chadli was reluctant to take part in Pulis' gruelling fitness routine, which includes 5am starts and back-to-back jogs up Austrian hills, and is doing his own strength and conditioning in England.

I wonder if anyone will want him in the next two weeks unless they have a fire sale if he hasn't gone yet.
5am starts for heavens sake!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/07/nacer-chadli-left-home-west-brom-row-tony-pulis/

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 09:17 PM
West Brom will be a very severe test for us,but will be there for the beating ..No doubt JRod will score against us..

I like a small top age squad with Rondon and Chadli falling out with the boss. Maybe they will play JRod on the wing where he did little, but I suspect he might just bag one. Time for a clean sheet Tom.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-08-2017, 05:43 AM
Whoever they buy they won't have bedded in to play on Saturday.

2-0 Burnley and top of the league! :D

oldcolner
15-08-2017, 06:48 AM
Sky Sports are reporting that Albion are closing in on Everton midfielder Gareth Barry and claim he could even undergo a medical today.
Two failed bids for Ben Gibson

oldcolner
16-08-2017, 10:36 PM
City now wanting Johnny Evans but first bid turned down. Is a groin injury approaching??

Looks like it has

the Baggies will be without Gareth McAuley.
West Brom duo Jonny Evans and James Morrison are also slight doubts ahead of the game. ;D

Barry signed for £1M on a one year deal when Everton offered two

oldcolner
17-08-2017, 07:46 AM
city agreed personal terms with Evans last week, but had two bids turned down, so let's hope he's got Transferitis and misses the game.

CaspertheClaret
17-08-2017, 12:47 PM
If we are worrying about Johnny Evans - then we are not really worrying.

Come to think of it the link with city is a strange one - if we had been in for Evans, how many of you would have been a bit meh?

oldcolner
17-08-2017, 10:17 PM
I would have said who?

Anyway latest info
The Baggies are likely to be without captain Jonny Evans once again as the former Manchester United man recovers from a hamstring problem. Fellow centre-back Gareth McAuley is ruled out due to a thigh problem, while midfielder James Morrison too is unavailable as he recovers from a knee injury.

sinkov
17-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Can't say I'm worried about any team that feels the need to sign Gareth Barry. No disrespect to Mr B, but if he's the answer they're asking the wrong questions.

oldcolner
17-08-2017, 10:23 PM
He seems to have left United at the same time as Keane but for £6m

Manchester City are ready to offer to £22million for West Brom skipper Jonny Evans.

The Blues had an £18m bid for former Manchester United centre-back Evans rejected earlier this week, but are ready to improve the fee and offer double his salary to £140k a week.

Looks like we did better deals buying and selling. ;D

City have to sell Mangala first!

The Bedlington Terrier
18-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Evans on a £140k a week? Ye gods!

oldcolner
18-08-2017, 08:27 AM
West Bromwich Albion have reportedly told Manchester City they must pay £35m if they wish to sign defender Jonny Evans.

According to the Daily Mail, City are set to return with a new offer of around £25m for the 29-year-old over the weekend.

A useful distraction for Saturday then - negotiations, replacement options,