PDA

View Full Version : Valuable Point - CBJ

Footymad
14-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson urged Leeds United to see a 0-0 draw with Preston North End as a small step towards the play-offs as attention at Elland Road turned to Tuesday night's clash with Fulham. - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/leeds-united/news/tmnw/valuable_point__cbj_910488/index.shtml)

spaldy
14-08-2017, 11:08 AM
you don't make the playoffs or automatic promotion with draws at home.

Like the optimism but better to stay silent on this one.

joellufcprice
14-08-2017, 04:25 PM
you don't make the playoffs or automatic promotion with draws at home.

Like the optimism but better to stay silent on this one.

Is that a new rule that the EFL have introduced? Sure we drew with Newcastle at St James last year and they got promoted.

Orgoner
14-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Is that a new rule that the EFL have introduced? Sure we drew with Newcastle at St James last year and they got promoted.

As champions........

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
14-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Can't blame the kid for trying to put a positive spin on things, better than all the negative crap I keep seeing on here and on Facebook!

Billyni
14-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Can't blame the kid for trying to put a positive spin on things, better than all the negative crap I keep seeing on here and on Facebook!

Negative crap, on here, really??:O

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
14-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Even worse on Facebook mate, bloody ridiculous

spaldy
14-08-2017, 10:05 PM
I''m hardly the "negative sort". good luck finding rants from me.

However, sometimes when you don't get the job done you are a whole lot better just shutting your mouth and making sure it doesn't happen again. It's a team game so it's not his fault we drew.

Mediocrity and losing are every bit as contagious as winning.

FWIW- I doubt you found any geordie fan or player last year saying it was a "good point".

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
14-08-2017, 10:42 PM
If we went the whole season though winning and drawing, you'd expect top 6 easily

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
14-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Doesn't matter who you beat or who you draw against, it's the points tally at the end that counts, not who you gain them from

joellufcprice
14-08-2017, 11:08 PM
As champions........

Great so now we've drawn a game we've gotta win the league or we will be denied promotion? Bloody typical, football leagues corrupt

espaņablanco73
15-08-2017, 07:33 AM
I''m hardly the "negative sort". good luck finding rants from me.

However, sometimes when you don't get the job done you are a whole lot better just shutting your mouth and making sure it doesn't happen again. It's a team game so it's not his fault we drew.

Mediocrity and losing are every bit as contagious as winning.

FWIW- I doubt you found any geordie fan or player last year saying it was a "good point".

Ah, the voice of reason.

Tichi1
15-08-2017, 09:50 AM

Rev72
15-08-2017, 10:46 AM
3 points against Fulham and its 7 from 9 and that my little cupcakes is a decent return.

Orgoner
15-08-2017, 12:24 PM
3 points against Fulham and its 7 from 9 and that my little cupcakes is a decent return.

And if we lose, it's four out of nine and we're doooooomed!

We do tend to get ourselves worked up about things far too soon, don't we?

Fulham were an erratic team in terms of their form last year (ring any bells?), but if we can stop them scoring (something they were quite good at, although they often shipped a few as well), we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the game.

Should be a decent test. Hopefully we'll pass. By scoring.

leedsutdman
15-08-2017, 12:42 PM
What if we win but play crap what then??... I just don't know anymore....😭😭😭😭

Rev72
15-08-2017, 12:54 PM
And if we lose, it's four out of nine and we're doooooomed!

We do tend to get ourselves worked up about things far too soon, don't we?

Fulham were an erratic team in terms of their form last year (ring any bells?), but if we can stop them scoring (something they were quite good at, although they often shipped a few as well), we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the game.

Should be a decent test. Hopefully we'll pass. By scoring.

1 win away from promotion form...and 1 loss away from relegation form.

This bloody game cracks me up XD :O XD :O

fredlufc74
15-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Start of the season is always hard to call. Virtually every team want to put down a "marker" with an early bagging of points. Perhaps a lot of people thought that Preston were just gonna go on the defensive at weekend and were suprised that they went all out.

We all should know by now that the Championship is a hard mistress and any team can turn over another.

Ok, we didn't win at weekend but players got some vaulable experience and we didn't lose.