PDA

View Full Version : Charlton U23 v Barnsley U23

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 01:43 PM

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 01:43 PM
U23 STARTING XI Charlton | Maynard-Brewer; Barnes, Bowry, Cummings, Edwards; Carter, Maloney, Lapslie; Anderson, Umerah, Hackett-Fairchild.

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 01:44 PM
U23s | GOAL! 10mins The perfect start as Trialist fires the Reds into an early lead away at Charlton. U23s

Trialist

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 01:45 PM
U23s | Goal Charlton - Cummings rises highest to head home and draw the scores level. 1-1

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 01:51 PM
HALF-TIME | Charlton U23 1 Barnsley U23 1

Cummings header draws level for the Addicks as sides head into the break all square.

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 01:53 PM
second half

50' Post! Umerah turns well in the box, but his shot deflects onto the right-hand upright.

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 02:47 PM
73' Goal Barnsley. The visitors regain the lead. 1-2.

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 02:49 PM
73' Goal Barnsley. The visitors regain the lead. 1-2.

Jacob Brown again

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 02:55 PM
FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 1- 2 Barnsley U23s

animallittle3
14-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Good run out for McGeehan , another two weeks should see him contesting for a shirt me thinks .

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Good run out for McGeehan , another two weeks should see him contesting for a shirt me thinks .

Needs to improve a bit so I'm told

animallittle3
14-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Needs to improve a bit so I'm told

He'd fit right into the squad right now then :-) :-)

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Find it annoying that our own young lads don't get a chance. The road to the first team gets ever more blocked for the likes of Brown , Kay etc . Hecky doesn't seem to trust many to step up.

Acido
14-08-2017, 03:38 PM
So Brown was on target in both of the wins away at Wolves & Charlton, he must be 'knocking at the door' now for a chance up front.
How much is our Academy costing us, because as you say Esr the lack of players stepping up from there into the first team isn't good.

A lot of faith is being put in Lindsay & McGeehan doing well for us in the first team when they get over their injuries, but I reckon we're going to have to be extremely patient here with most of them because its going to take time. And what concerns me, is thats time we don't exactly have if we want to stay up this season.

Romared
14-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Find it annoying that our own young lads don't get a chance. The road to the first team gets ever more blocked for the likes of Brown , Kay etc . Hecky doesn't seem to trust many to step up.
Correct

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Correction.... it was Mottley Henry who scored the second

Nozzer1953
14-08-2017, 05:30 PM
According to the Charlton website, it was Jacob Brown. But whoever it was a good victory for the young Reds. Good to see Brown playing well, and Motley-Henry back after a long injury. The trialist who scored was Victor Adeboyejo.
Looking forward to seeing the U23s at home on Friday against Colchester, KO 2pm.
I agree about our young players not getting a chance with the first team. When Kay played that one game he did Ok. Bird has been on the bench, but it must be frustrating for the lads when the see that we have signed 3 19 year olds on loan

Romared
14-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Question here is who is passing info on to the HC ? We keep hearing Hassell , sometimes Devaney saying how good they are , but very few given a chance , i find that strange :?, I'm sure Nozzer and a few more of us who watch the under 23s ! All know we have players who could be slowly worked into the first team squad , we have better players in our under 23s than some we are signing ? Who's making that decision ? It needs looking at quick ,

Ponte_Steve24
14-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Anybody has to be better than Brad Potts.

Acido
14-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Anybody has to be better than Brad Potts.

And Alex Mowatt as well eh Ponty. ;D
Roma, don't you make the effort to go and watch the U23s & U21s as well. So your a good one to ask here, just how good is Jacob Brown or rather, how good can he be if we give him the right chances in the first team ?.

Romared
14-08-2017, 08:22 PM
It's not an effort Acido , to be honest i get a great deal of pleasure watchin the under 23s and under 18s , as well as local football , the fact is that this modern game has changed for greed , corruption , cheating etc has started to put me off the game I once new , I do find it hard work just now getting motivated to go and watch the club I've followed all my life, K O times changed , parts of ground closed just general upset the fans stuff , we are not appreciated anymore , in all honesty I'm sick of Professional Football , FIFA FA etc are total rsoyles

Acido
14-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Yes I can't really disagree with any of that, and where do I start eh, Sky tv and the so called Premier League... load of ballax that was and still is to be honest. Its fantastic if our club could be part of it of course and if we we're made to feel welcome when we're there as well, but other than that, no its a disgrace.
Ive noticed on here that you and various other fans like Rodney the Bluntster, go and watch the younger teams and that gives you an idea about the next upcoming talent we have. Jacob Brown seems to be the best one at the moment, and if we compare him with one of our 3rd choice strikers like Stefan Payne, would he be a better choice as a sub this season than Payne ?.

Btw, based on Cam's performance today... apparently Hecky says he needs more minutes on Friday.
It sounds like hes getting there eh, fingers crossed.

Romared
14-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Both need to be given a chance , Payne just before Brown at the moment , Payne needs to get a goal quick , i still think he can do a good job , Brown needs the odd game too , he needs experience , high hopes for that lad , Josh Kay , D M Henry , Rowe, Palmer , and quite a few more are really good , should be given a chance before some of our recent signings /loans , That is a question I would like an answer to , Who is stopping them progressing ? And costing the club money on signing similar or worse quality players than we already have and signed ?