PDA

View Full Version : Joselu

sherwoodmag
14-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Stoke striker having medical at Newcastle ahead of proposed £5 million move according to Sky Sports.

Zippity
14-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Well....we do need another striker is all I can say about this.

waalsendmick
14-08-2017, 02:18 PM
he should be replacing Daryl Murphy and / or Riviere in the squad.

we would still NEED another in to be honest.

won't happen though!

ghostrider
14-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Assuming he signs and bearing in mind he's Spanish and Rafa is a top manager who's Spanish, you just never know. It could be a new lease of life for the lad, who will feel right at home, potentially.

It's hardly a massive gamble and gives us another striking outlet.

Cannylad
14-08-2017, 02:25 PM
His track record isn't the greatest but as has been said, maybe Rafa will be the making of him.

smorgan86
14-08-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm not encouraged by this signing. A player who can't really make it for Stoke as our striker signing? No thanks. He gets a chance like everyone else, but I'd much prefer Perez from Arsenal.

toonlegend
14-08-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm not encouraged by this signing. A player who can't really make it for Stoke as our striker signing? No thanks. He gets a chance like everyone else, but I'd much prefer Perez from Arsenal.

hopefully we will get both!!

i often see pink pigs flying high in the sky too

ghostrider
14-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Perez from Arsenal is also not tested at this level any more than Joselu.
Yeah he might be from Arsenal but he's nearly 3 times dearer and his wages will be very high.
A much bigger gamble on a person that wants to ply his trade back in his own country.

I'd rather take the smaller risk on Joselu with the potential of adding another player to the mix.

Nufc24Mag
14-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Real Madrid the biggest club in the world signed him in 2009 so they must of seen something in him

sherwoodmag
14-08-2017, 05:31 PM
None of Stoke's recent striker buys have been successful,it could be their style of play.Their leading scorer last season was old Long Tall Sally.Crouch is well in to his 30s.

PhoneymcRingRing
14-08-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm sure he'll be better than Mitrovic.

ex_pat_magpie
14-08-2017, 05:49 PM
None of Stoke's recent striker buys have been successful,it could be their style of play.Their leading scorer last season was old Long Tall Sally.Crouch is well in to his 30s.

Almost into his 40's ;D

Nufc24Mag
14-08-2017, 05:51 PM

Bony even looked bad for stoke and we know he is a good striker

sherwoodmag
14-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Bony even looked bad for stoke and we know he is a good striker Bony only scored 2 all season,Crouch got 7 in the league plus 2 in the cups.

NorthernRock
14-08-2017, 06:21 PM
I think this is a good signing and a typical Rafa one tbh.

He knows Gayle's got goals but he needs a foil to work off, think this guy could be used more as a playmaker for him rather than an out and out striker replacement.

He'll do well... Much better than ****ing Luque, Marcelino and the other mercenaries we've seen in the past. He's got good work rate and foot ability, leaving Stoke shows he wants 1st team football/progression and not just pick up a salary.

He'll come good under rafa, in my opinion. For £5m he's a bargain in todays market tbh.

Jammy89
14-08-2017, 07:08 PM

I'm not encouraged by it but Rafa seems to think he can do something with him - i'm willing to trust in that.

The report about him from Stoke is that he needs a new manager who will have faith in him. He might also work well with a striker he can release and Gayle does have pace but at the same time we only play with one up front and i think it is unlikely that will change.

Zippity
14-08-2017, 07:25 PM
I'm sure he'll be better than Mitrovic.

XD ouch!!

Zippity
16-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Signed.

http://www.football365.com/news/newcastle-make-5m-joselu-their-eighth-summer-signing

Not much to say. We need a striker. He's a striker.

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 10:25 AM
I know nothing about him. Was hoping for a more inspiring signing up front though. Stoke have moved really quickly to replace him with Jese on loan from PSG. Wonder who'll get more goals of the two this season?

toonviking
16-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Another 3-6 goals a season striker.🤔

Wuhoo!!!😂

NorthernRock
16-08-2017, 11:13 AM
I'll bet anybody that Joselu scores more than Jesse...

I remember when he joined Stoke and I thought he'd do well... He ended up doing ****.

I really think his technique alone makes him worth the gamble for that money though.

Get 2-3 more in and I'll be sound.

pboromag
16-08-2017, 11:16 AM
In Rafa we trust
I don't think under Carr and charnley we ever had as many disappointing or underwhelming signings in one window

Just hope the Spanish contingent show more spirit than the frogs

At least he has some kind of experience in this league

He has seen all the top teams from the bench

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 11:16 AM

I remember when he joined Stoke and I thought he'd do well... He ended up doing ****.

I really think his technique alone makes him worth the gamble for that money though.

Hope you're right mate. Like I said, I know nothing about him. It's frustrating that other clubs seem to be able to manoeuvre in the transfer market without the trouble we do, which is why I mentioned Jese. I know as little about him, but it'll be interesting to see how they stack up.

pboromag
16-08-2017, 11:24 AM

Don't think we are in any position to gamble

NorthernRock
16-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Aren't we? Any bargain buy has its stipulations- a highly technical player goes for 5m because he cant score/get a game... I personally feel that 45M for gylfie is more of a gamble tbh..

Andy I agree, we always seem to struggle to get players over the line and I'd have to put that down to Charnley I really think a foreign technical director similar to Baldini would negotiate much easier with Rafas targets tbh.

ashingtoon62
16-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Aren't we? Any bargain buy has its stipulations- a highly technical player goes for 5m because he cant score/get a game... I personally feel that 45M for gylfie is more of a gamble tbh..

Andy I agree, we always seem to struggle to get players over the line and I'd have to put that down to Charnley I really think a foreign technical director similar to Baldini would negotiate much easier with Rafas targets tbh.

Agree totally,transfer fees are just numbers.You cant tell me that this guys got nine times less skill and ability than Gylfie

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 01:43 PM

I think Ashley's interview on Sky was a fairly obvious and deliberate attempt to put the responsibility of transfers firmly at Rafa's feet (and away from Charnley's). All of this has the distinct whiff of the Keegan affair. I really hope I'm wrong, and that Rafa gets the quality players in we desperately need.

Geordie_Exile_De
16-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Couple of my work mates are Hannover 96 supporters. They think he is a good player. Can shoot with both feet, is good in the air and is full of running. They were surprised that 96 let him go to Stoke for such a modest price too.

toonlegend
16-08-2017, 08:05 PM
In Rafa we trust
I don't think under Carr and charnley we ever had as many disappointing or underwhelming signings in one window

Just hope the Spanish contingent show more spirit than the frogs

At least he has some kind of experience in this league

He has seen all the top teams from the bench

haha don't you remcall the underwhelming windows when we got no ****ers in at all - or the one when we got anita ... and ..... no ****er

ashingtoon62
16-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Couple of my work mates are Hannover 96 supporters. They think he is a good player. Can shoot with both feet, is good in the air and is full of running. They were surprised that 96 let him go to Stoke for such a modest price too.
So three times better than Mitro or four times if you want to be picky,that would put his value at £45 mill or £60 mill.
Im happy to give the lad a chance and my full support,why wouldnt we?

Jammy89
16-08-2017, 08:37 PM
haha don't you remcall the underwhelming windows when we got no ****ers in at all - or the one when we got anita ... and ..... no ****er

XD XD

Good to hear, few Stoke fans i know didn't really want to lose him either. Thought Hughes should of given him more of a chance.

pboromag
17-08-2017, 12:06 PM
haha don't you remcall the underwhelming windows when we got no ****ers in at all - or the one when we got anita ... And ..... No ****er

i would have ben happy with one good signing this window than the ones we have

at best other teams squad players/bench warmers

i just hope rafa knows he is gambling with our club on people who havent exactly shown fight or set the teams alight they have played for

waalsendmick
17-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Lejeune and Merino look lime very good signings.

I'm not writing any of them off yet.

sherwoodmag
17-08-2017, 12:15 PM
i would have ben happy with one good signing this window than the ones we have

at best other teams squad players/bench warmers

i just hope rafa knows he is gambling with our club on people who havent exactly shown fight or set the teams alight they have played for Lejuene played a full season in Spain last Season.Murphy was a first teamer at Norwich,Aatsu is improving rapidly.Merino could prove to be our best DM. The first two mentioned were not bench warmers at their previous clubs,far from it.

pboromag
17-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Lejuene played a full season in Spain last Season.Murphy was a first teamer at Norwich,Aatsu is improving rapidly.Merino could prove to be our best DM. The first two mentioned were not bench warmers at their previous clubs,far from it.

which is why I said squad players

we spent a fortune on murphy , iwould have gone for townsend

flaoran has struggled in second tier teams isn't proloific scoring in fact if you looked at his record you wouldn't buy him ,I'm just hoping Rafa knows something we don't

aatsu I like but again he to me isn't a top rated payer in the prem and is a gamble ,blows hot and cold average prem player at best

all of them are big gambles

the lad from scumberland doesn't fill me with much hope

gain the fans seem to love josawho but we loved Sammy and shammy ,didn't make them any good .

Zippity
17-08-2017, 01:05 PM
average prem player at best

Which is the level we're aiming at as a newly promoted club.

Southerntoon75
17-08-2017, 01:21 PM
which is why I said squad players

we spent a fortune on murphy , iwould have gone for townsend

flaoran has struggled in second tier teams isn't proloific scoring in fact if you looked at his record you wouldn't buy him ,I'm just hoping Rafa knows something we don't

aatsu I like but again he to me isn't a top rated payer in the prem and is a gamble ,blows hot and cold average prem player at best

all of them are big gambles

the lad from scumberland doesn't fill me with much hope

gain the fans seem to love josawho but we loved Sammy and shammy ,didn't make them any good .

But you can also buy an experienced quality player and it may not work out. I reckon Bony would be a good buy but even he didn't score in his first seven matches for Stoke. If that happened to us this season we could be in big trouble early doors

I agree that I'd like to see one established signing but happy with players that actually want to join the club and that Rafa thinks are decent enough and not all about money

waalsendmick
17-08-2017, 01:26 PM
I reckon the Leicester fans were a bit miffed with some of their signings too?

Danny Simpson
Robert Huth
Wes Morgan
Mahrez
Kante
Vardy.

you can't write anybody off.

support your team on the pitch, not your Xbox or YouTube favourites.

pboromag
17-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Which is the level we're aiming at as a newly promoted club.

yes but the others aren't
joselho 2nd tier player in the lower Spanish leagues
murphy average player in champo
lad from scunderland average in team struggled in prem

all those are massive gambles

lad from stoke lets face it none of us have heard of him and if we had ac hoice of 30 players each none of us would have put him on our lists despite what our mates from stoke or hanover had said .I bet in the cold light of day they cant believe anyone came in for him

rafas was a good manager ,he is relying on negative footy to keep us up and he is doing it with players I wouldn't want in my trench ,if my back was up against a wall I would want 3 good men over 9 average ones

Southerntoon75
17-08-2017, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=pboromag;38624352]yes but the others aren't
joselho 2nd tier player in the lower Spanish leagues
murphy average player in champo
lad from scunderland average in team struggled in prem

all those are massive gambles

lad from stoke lets face it none of us have heard of him and if we had ac hoice of 30 players each none of us would have put him on our lists despite what our mates from stoke or hanover had said .I bet in the cold light of day they cant believe anyone came in for him

rafas was a good manager ,he is relying on negative footy to keep us up and he is doing it with players I wouldn't want in my trench ,if my back was up against a wall I would want 3 good men over 9 average ones[/QUOTE

On what knowledge are you saying Murphy is average? Because you've never heard of him? Because they don't make your team when you're playing FIFA?

Didn't realise you had your own scouting network. Just because you may not have heard of them doesn't make them average

Jammy89
17-08-2017, 03:08 PM
On a happier note - here is a goal he scored in the open training session today.

https://www.facebook.com/AllNewcastleUnitedFCFans/videos/1618765654855858/

Hopefully have a few of those from him for us this season.

HughieG
17-08-2017, 03:27 PM
To me, this is a good signing. 5 mil? That's nothing in this market.

I don't think you can say that because it didn't work out at Stoke, it won't work out at a different club. A lot of it comes down to having faith from your manager and fitting in with the system. From what I understand, neither of these things were the case for him at Stoke.

I think he will do well here. I have a gut feeling is all.

ghostrider
17-08-2017, 03:50 PM
A cracking strike that.
Hopefully the lad can surprise us all and hit the ground running and turning into a worthy addition.
I'd rather be optimistic about him than anything else, regardless of him doing nothing at Stoke, or his price tag.

Look at Torres at Liverpool and then Chelsea. A flip side but it shows that a change in club can change fortunes for the good and bad.