PDA

View Full Version : How much is the club worth?

PhoneymcRingRing
14-08-2017, 08:15 PM
How much is the club worth, to buy? Seriously I've no idea how much. It's mad when you think Pogba and Naymar could be worth more than a football club in the premier league.

Also how much is Ashley looking for our club?

Kal
14-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Not as much as the liar wants for it.

waalsendmick
14-08-2017, 08:44 PM
he doesn't want to sell, end of.

the endless free advertising is worth more to him than anybody would ever pay for the club.

Nufc24Mag
14-08-2017, 08:47 PM
How much is the club worth, to buy? Seriously I've no idea how much. It's mad when you think Pogba and Naymar could be worth more than a football club in the premier league.

Also how much is Ashley looking for our club?

I'd say £300m Southampton have just sold 80% for £210m

Kal
14-08-2017, 08:56 PM
he doesn't want to sell, end of.

the endless free advertising is worth more to him than anybody would ever pay for the club.

Aye, it's why he bought the club. Sports Direct means everything to him, it's his creation, we exist to help it.

We know what NUFC does for Sports Direct. What does Sports Direct do for NUFC ?

Zippity
14-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Aye, it's why he bought the club. Sports Direct means everything to him, it's his creation, we exist to help it.

We know what NUFC does for Sports Direct. What does Sports Direct do for NUFC ?

cheapens the ground

PhoneymcRingRing
14-08-2017, 09:07 PM
He will sell I'm sure of it. But he ain't going until he gets the right money.

pboromag
15-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Whatever someone offers

Not as much as some suggest

The players are worth pheck all

You are buying the ground and a hardcore fan base

You will need to invest 150 mill plus in players
Plus the debt

If he Chinese buy it it will to be to enter the Asian market

Having seen what the chinks are spending in Dubai I can't see 200 mill being a problem

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Whatever someone offers

Plus the debt

Having seen what the chinks are spending in Dubai I can't see 200 mill being a problem

You aren't buying the ground. The council own that.

waalsendmick
15-08-2017, 10:31 AM
the council don't own the ground.

the land is owned by the state....

the ground / stadium is owned by Mike Ashley.

the club have something stupid like a 200 yr lease on the land.

pboromag
15-08-2017, 10:37 AM
You aren't buying the ground. The council own that.

Check your facts

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Check your facts

Check your facts. That's a ripe statement coming from you. B)

pboromag
15-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Check your facts. That's a ripe statement coming from you. B)

Your like a little kid with your arguing
You are wrong
Again

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Your like a little kid with your arguing
You are wrong
Again

You are describing yourself again Pboro now just pack it up for the peace of the other posters and I'll say no more on the subject.

Kal
15-08-2017, 11:52 AM
The club signed a 125 year lease with the city council in 1998.

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 12:06 PM
The club signed a 125 year lease with the city council in 1998.

That's what I understood Kal.

Along with all of the land around there and the parks and Town Moor the freehold is owned by the Freemen of the City.

waalsendmick
15-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Along with all of the land around there and the parks and Town Moor the freehold is owned by the Freemen of the City.

so therefore, if you buy the club, you are, in effect, also buying the stadium and all the money making avenues such a venue opens up!

Kal
15-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Yes.

pboromag
16-08-2017, 06:49 AM

But we don't own the ground do we ??

ex_pat_magpie
16-08-2017, 07:58 AM
But we don't own the ground do we ??

Pboro, it's exactly the same if you buy a house or a flat on leasehold. You own the structure for the remaining period of the lease only and the freeholder, to whom you pay your lease rent owns the land.

At the end of the lease period if you haven't negotiated an extended lease the whole of the property reverts back to the freeholder.

pboromag
16-08-2017, 09:19 AM
This is actually incorrect
Ash has a right to buy if he so wishes
Or if the lease is sold he has first refusal

ex_pat_magpie
16-08-2017, 09:43 AM

I was quoting common law. Should the owner of the freehold (the land the premises are on) decide to sell the freehold then Ashley would have first refusal but it would cost him an arm and a leg and I doubt he would be tempted and on the other hand it's very doubtful it would be offered.

As there is 106 years remaining on the extended 125 year lease there is hardly any point in Ashley attempting to purchase the freehold of the site.

ex_pat_magpie
16-08-2017, 10:00 AM

He OWNS the lease. He doesn't own the freehold. It's that simple.

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Whatever someone offers

Plus the debt

Please refrain from using racist language in your posts.

ghostrider
16-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Please refrain from using racist language in your posts.
What racist language is he using?

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 11:17 AM
What racist language is he using?

Read his final sentence. I'm not repeating it.

pboromag
16-08-2017, 11:21 AM
He OWNS the lease. He doesn't own the freehold. It's that simple.

But he has a right to buy the lease at any time

I do it all the time
You take on a building or factory with the owner doing the repairs etc

You get it all done and then when you want you apply to buy

I'm not saying this is what he will do or if he is down for the reports upkeep etc

But I'm sure if he wanted or any potential owner wanted to they could buy it

ghostrider
16-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Read his final sentence. I'm not repeating it.

I've read it and I don't see any racist language unless you're deciding (out of badness) to nit pick words that not too long ago were just normal everyday words among the people.
Nit pick Geordie as well because that's a slur word if we want to go down the silly route.

How about Yank?
What about Brit?

I could go on and on but the point I'm making is, I get that you're not too keen on Pboro. There are others like you and the odd one's would use the same route you just took to goad him.
Trying to possibly make it plain enough to the mods that racism isn't to be tolerated.

Bad craic to be fair.

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 12:32 PM
I've read it and I don't see any racist language unless you're deciding (out of badness) to nit pick words that not too long ago were just normal everyday words among the people.
Nit pick Geordie as well because that's a slur word if we want to go down the silly route.

How about Yank?
What about Brit?

I could go on and on but the point I'm making is, I get that you're not too keen on Pboro. There are others like you and the odd one's would use the same route you just took to goad him.
Trying to possibly make it plain enough to the mods that racism isn't to be tolerated.

Bad craic to be fair.

My feelings about pboro have nothing to do with what I'm saying. Nor have I ever really taken issue with him personally, so I'm not sure where you're inferring this from. I stated my request perfectly reasonably. I could attack pboro over a myriad of things he says, but I don't; asking someone politely to refrain from using racial epithets seems to me an incredibly roundabout way to try to 'goad' someone.

It doesn't matter whether words were 'not too long ago' used everyday by people - that is also true of most racial slurs. Being acceptable in the past doesn't make things acceptable in the present. If you do the slightest bit of research you'll find that the word in question is a racial slur that offends people, and has been thought of in that way for quite some time. I say that as someone whose former partner was born in Walker to Chinese parents, and she told me about growing up in Newcastle in the 80s having that word hurled at her regularly with intent to offend and upset her. I've also seen it used elsewhere in the same way to people of Filipino and Thai descent. From my proximity to this - not to mention the unprompted physical aggression they've shown to both those people and myself alongside it - I can tell you that it also offends and angers me, as it would you if people deliberately set out to hurt people you love.

The fact you think I'm simply trying to score points against pboro in some imaginary feud we're having suggests you don't understand either the issue or me.

ghostrider
16-08-2017, 01:02 PM
My feelings about pboro have nothing to do with what I'm saying. Nor have I ever really taken issue with him personally, so I'm not sure where you're inferring this from. I stated my request perfectly reasonably. I could attack pboro over a myriad of things he says, but I don't; asking someone politely to refrain from using racial epithets seems to me an incredibly roundabout way to try to 'goad' someone.

It doesn't matter whether words were 'not too long ago' used everyday by people - that is also true of most racial slurs. Being acceptable in the past doesn't make things acceptable in the present. If you do the slightest bit of research you'll find that the word in question is a racial slur that offends people, and has been thought of in that way for quite some time. I say that as someone whose former partner was born in Walker to Chinese parents, and she told me about growing up in Newcastle in the 80s having that word hurled at her regularly with intent to offend and upset her. I've also seen it used elsewhere in the same way to people of Filipino and Thai descent. From my proximity to this - not to mention the unprompted physical aggression they've shown to both those people and myself alongside it - I can tell you that it also offends and angers me, as it would you if people deliberately set out to hurt people you love.

The fact you think I'm simply trying to score points against pboro in some imaginary feud we're having suggests you don't understand either the issue or me.

I understand the so called issue perfectly well.
You're making a mountain out of a mole hill because Pboro mentioned chinky.
Most people I know say, " fancy a chinkies?" or "I'm off down the chinks, want owt?"

I'd bet anything that you wouldn't have even commented had it been someone you have so called internet respect for.
And yes I think you're point scoring and yes I think you're a hypocrite.

Creep.

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 01:30 PM
I understand the so called issue perfectly well.
You're making a mountain out of a mole hill because Pboro mentioned chinky.
Most people I know say, " fancy a chinkies?" or "I'm off down the chinks, want owt?"

I'd bet anything that you wouldn't have even commented had it been someone you have so called internet respect for.
And yes I think you're point scoring and yes I think you're a hypocrite.

Creep.

Where do you get the idea that I even remotely care about pboro enough to single him out? I'd get it if I was Pat - he takes the bait too often and it spoils the board. But I've stayed out of that whole argument to try not to add more fuel to the fire; I'd rather they moved on and focused on football. But more to the point, I've explained my personal reasons for objecting to the term and you've gone and used it in response to me, then personally attacked me by calling me a hypocrite and a creep. Do you think seeing people I love being racially abused with that particular term is somehow insufficient justification for me to object to someone using that word? I've taken issue with my own parents using the term, with my uncle using the term, with (as far as I can recall) pretty much everyone I've heard using the term... I'm not picking on pboro. And pboro is capable of fighting his own battles even if I was. You've decided to jump in and escalate a simple request made directly to someone else on this board to not use a racial slur (heaven forbid I have the audacity to utter such a provocative phrase as "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts"!) into a personal attack against me. Why? What have I done that offends you so much?

ghostrider
16-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Where do you get the idea that I even remotely care about pboro enough to single him out? I'd get it if I was Pat - he takes the bait too often and it spoils the board. But I've stayed out of that whole argument to try not to add more fuel to the fire; I'd rather they moved on and focused on football. But more to the point, I've explained my personal reasons for objecting to the term and you've gone and used it in response to me, then personally attacked me by calling me a hypocrite and a creep. Do you think seeing people I love being racially abused with that particular term is somehow insufficient justification for me to object to someone using that word? I've taken issue with my own parents using the term, with my uncle using the term, with (as far as I can recall) pretty much everyone I've heard using the term... I'm not picking on pboro. And pboro is capable of fighting his own battles even if I was. You've decided to jump in and escalate a simple request made directly to someone else on this board to not use a racial slur (heaven forbid I have the audacity to utter such a provocative phrase as "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts"!) into a personal attack against me. Why? What have I done that offends you so much? When Pboro walks up to your lass or past her and uses the word you say you despise, then have a word.
On here he's using the word as a figure of speech. A normal everyday course of talk/type that most people will use.

I have no issues with you, except this one. I have nothing whatsoever against you as a name on here or generally anything you say.
Pboro can take up for himself, you are correct and he doesn't need me to take up for him. However, I'm doing this because I don't accept how you went about it.
I've seen the little digs you've had at pboro and this one is a massive crank up of it.

You are a hypocrite and I think you are a creep just for the way you did this.

Now let's see how you get your head around this.
I was abused for having a Thai wife.
People would always sneer at me and shout things like, " oi mate, tell your lass to show us her nob."
Or, wow mate, your wife's so petite, it makes her nob stand right out of her dress."

Or going to the night club without her and the bouncers telling me I can't get in without a Thai.
Or both of us trying to get into a club and the bouncers laughing and saying " sorry but this is a place where we Bangkok (ban c-ock) so you both can't come in."

I fell in love with her because I made a mistake. I'd went to Thailand and she helped me navigate around. One thing led to another and we go drunk and I ended up sucking her off.
Just a strange twist of fate.

Anyway, I made that up but I wish you would just take it all in the normal ways it was meant, because none of it is any real personal dig at you.

I've had a dig calling you a creep and I'll apologise if you take the so called racial stuff out of the equation.

ex_pat_magpie
16-08-2017, 02:17 PM
But he has a right to buy the lease at any time

I do it all the time
You take on a building or factory with the owner doing the repairs etc

You get it all done and then when you want you apply to buy

I'm not saying this is what he will do or if he is down for the reports upkeep etc

But I'm sure if he wanted or any potential owner wanted to they could buy it

Don't say he has the right to buy the lease. He bought the lease in 2007. He owns the lease.

I think you are confusing leasehold with freehold. He doesn't own the freehold. The lease Ashley owns has just a little under 106 years left to run.

sherwoodmag
16-08-2017, 03:14 PM
When Pboro walks up to your lass or past her and uses the word you say you despise, then have a word.
On here he's using the word as a figure of speech. A normal everyday course of talk/type that most people will use.

I have no issues with you, except this one. I have nothing whatsoever against you as a name on here or generally anything you say.
Pboro can take up for himself, you are correct and he doesn't need me to take up for him. However, I'm doing this because I don't accept how you went about it.
I've seen the little digs you've had at pboro and this one is a massive crank up of it.

You are a hypocrite and I think you are a creep just for the way you did this.

Now let's see how you get your head around this.
I was abused for having a Thai wife.
People would always sneer at me and shout things like, " oi mate, tell your lass to show us her nob."
Or, wow mate, your wife's so petite, it makes her nob stand right out of her dress."

Or going to the night club without her and the bouncers telling me I can't get in without a Thai.
Or both of us trying to get into a club and the bouncers laughing and saying " sorry but this is a place where we Bangkok (ban c-ock) so you both can't come in."

I fell in love with her because I made a mistake. I'd went to Thailand and she helped me navigate around. One thing led to another and we go drunk and I ended up sucking her off.
Just a strange twist of fate.

Anyway, I made that up but I wish you would just take it all in the normal ways it was meant, because none of it is any real personal dig at you.

I've had a dig calling you a creep and I'll apologise if you take the so called racial stuff out of the equation. ������

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 03:18 PM
When Pboro walks up to your lass or past her and uses the word you say you despise, then have a word.

It is an offensive racial epithet, regardless of whether it is 1 or 1 billion people that use it. And to suggest that I should only challenge pboro if he says it in person shows that you really don't understand the issue. Use of racial slurs needs to be challenged whenever and wherever that occurs. If anything, challenging someone who does it out of ignorance rather than malice is a lot more likely to help lessen the problem - I'm not likely to convince an aggressive chav on the street who's hurling racist abuse at my girlfriend that they really shouldn't do it am I? But someone who uses the term, as you say, as an 'everyday' word that 'most people' use may be a bit more receptive to someone explaining why it's not cool to do that anymore. So I won't take the racial stuff out of the equation, even if it is incentivised by your conditional apology. I realise it must have taken quite a bit for you to man up and say you'd consider apologising for personally attacking me for calling out someone else for saying something racist if I could only decide to believe it wasn't racist after all, but I'm (bizarrely) not enticed by that offer. Instead, I'll do you one better and leave you and pboro to it.

ghostrider
16-08-2017, 03:27 PM
It is an offensive racial epithet, regardless of whether it is 1 or 1 billion people that use it. And to suggest that I should only challenge pboro if he says it in person shows that you really don't understand the issue. Use of racial slurs needs to be challenged whenever and wherever that occurs. If anything, challenging someone who does it out of ignorance rather than malice is a lot more likely to help lessen the problem - I'm not likely to convince an aggressive chav on the street who's hurling racist abuse at my girlfriend that they really shouldn't do it am I? But someone who uses the term, as you say, as an 'everyday' word that 'most people' use may be a bit more receptive to someone explaining why it's not cool to do that anymore. So I won't take the racial stuff out of the equation, even if it is incentivised by your conditional apology. I realise it must have taken quite a bit for you to man up and say you'd consider apologising for personally attacking me for calling out someone else for saying something racist if I could only decide to believe it wasn't racist after all, but I'm (bizarrely) not enticed by that offer. Instead, I'll do you one better and leave you and pboro to it.

You can't beat a mother Theresa type. No wrong doings and no remarks ever that skirt a so called boundary.
Whiter than white can be. A bluey whiteness.
Mr do no wrong and say no wrong.
Everything is racist until you decide it's fine to use, I suppose.

A big issue about a nothing and made bigger because I challenge it.
My apology for calling you a creep was massively conditional, you are correct about that, because it still stands, bearing in mind that you've cried about something that you really should have overlooked. But no. Scream and cry like a baby because someone you dislike said a word that doesn't suit you but would surely be overlooked if someone else had said it...as long as they were a forum respected person, of which you deny but clearly is the case.

Keep crying about it and you'll be pulled up on it at all times..

andyj73
16-08-2017, 04:26 PM
I'd say £300m Southampton have just sold 80% for £210m

.. £300 mill, you are having a laugh .. What assets do you have on the pitch? ..

ex_pat_magpie
16-08-2017, 05:25 PM
.. £300 mill, you are having a laugh .. What assets do you have on the pitch? ..

Probably 10 X the value of yours. :O

Andy1981_2
16-08-2017, 06:04 PM
You can't beat a mother Theresa type. No wrong doings and no remarks ever that skirt a so called boundary.
Whiter than white can be. A bluey whiteness.
Mr do no wrong and say no wrong.
Everything is racist until you decide it's fine to use, I suppose.

A big issue about a nothing and made bigger because I challenge it.
My apology for calling you a creep was massively conditional, you are correct about that, because it still stands, bearing in mind that you've cried about something that you really should have overlooked. But no. Scream and cry like a baby because someone you dislike said a word that doesn't suit you but would surely be overlooked if someone else had said it...as long as they were a forum respected person, of which you deny but clearly is the case.

Keep crying about it and you'll be pulled up on it at all times..

I'm sorry the phrase "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts" triggered you :D

ranat22
16-08-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm sorry the phrase "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts" triggered you :D

it triggered him because him and pboro are the same person.:D :D