PDA

View Full Version : Transfer deadline to move forward?

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Sky reports PL clubs will,debate bring the deadline forward to before the start of the season. Most clubs seem to support it, though i think it may penalise newly promoted clubs especially the play off winner. Huddersfield seem to have done ok this year.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10988996/premier-league-clubs-to-discuss-bringing-transfer-deadline-forward-to-before-season-starts

Supersub6
15-08-2017, 08:44 AM
This was something that I was advocating on another thread a couple of weeks ago. I notice that the possible plan would be to scrap the January window completely, something else which I believe would be beneficial.
Having said that, I think that the whole concept of the transfer windows is very much media driven (mainly by Sky?) and this could prove a stumbling block. How independent of TV is the PL? Interesting decisions to be made.

Altobelli
15-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Who runs Football ? FA ? FIFA ? SKY ?

I think the latter have a big say with the FA.

Supersub6
15-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Who runs Football ? FA ? FIFA ? SKY ?

I think the latter have a big say with the FA.

Come on alto, you must know by now! It is the PL and Sky who tell the FA what to do in this country.
FIFA just get on with doing their own things and are aided and abetted by UEFA. I think that that covers it! :P

The Bedlington Terrier
15-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Pretty much Supersub6! :(

sinkov
16-08-2017, 01:26 PM
The way football is run is pathetic, it's shambolic from top to bottom, take the venue of the 2022 World Cup for instance, the people responsible for that are clearly either criminals or lunatics, or both, but it's still going ahead. Sky is a very efficiently run business, if they were involved in the running of football it would improve it's governance no end. But they're not, all they do is shovel loads of money at the game, in return for showing some games of their own choosing, which is fair enough. The clueless morons running football then squander that money as fast as it comes in.

This new proposal to stop clubs signing players before the start of the season, good idea it seems, but clubs will still be able to sell players up to the current deadline. So any foreign club would be able to come in with a bid for a player, but if you sold him you couldn't replace him. If Coutinho goes to Barca now, Liverpool could replace him, under the proposed rule, they'd be unable to replace their best player, it's half-baked idiocy, but that's all you can expect the way the game is run. It wouldn't happen if Sky were running the game.

oldcolner
16-08-2017, 02:38 PM
I guess Liverpool would just say no to Barca unless they had the back up player like we had Tarks.
Would lead to a few frustrated players perhaps, but clubs don't have to sell if they don't want to. Bit like Hull having sold or lost half their team deciding not to sell Clucas to us so they can bounce back. See they lost 3-1 at home though. Shame for them.