PDA

View Full Version : More signings to come?

sherwoodmag
15-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Including Kenedy the left sided wing back,apparently deal agreed but held up because of Chelsea's squad size.

pboromag
15-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Some polish lad as well
Lad from stoke
And a goalie

Certainly need players

But quality not quantity
We have that already

Jammy89
15-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Not convinced we'll get a goalie now.

I know Rafa wants one but i think after Sunday he'll decide to go with out-field options.

I think it was you that said we saw we don't need a goalkeeper as urgently as thought Pboro?

NorthernRock
15-08-2017, 09:59 AM

I know Rafa wants one but i think after Sunday he'll decide to go with out-field options.

I think it was you that said we saw we don't need a goalkeeper as urgently as thought Pboro?

I agree, reckon Elliot will get the nod as number 1 and Darlow/Woodman for the cups.

I personally don't think we needed one tbh, would rather the £5m+ go towards someone who's going to bring creativity into the team now.

pboromag
15-08-2017, 10:03 AM

I'm happy with the goalie situation as it is

Of course I'd love a world class one but the Ines we are linked with ain't a significant uplift from what we have

I can't see why Rafa is wasting time and resources looking for one in this window

Save the money for a left back forward and creative midfielder

Zippity
15-08-2017, 10:28 AM

Of course I'd love a world class one but the Ines we are linked with ain't a significant uplift from what we have

I can't see why Rafa is wasting time and resources looking for one in this window

Have to agree with this-although I'd put our need for a striker at the top of the list.

Obviously Rafa thinks it's important to get a 'keeper and who are we to question him, etc, etc, BUT...to get a significant upgrade on Elliott would, you'd think, require a significant outlay and the 'keeper position is not our number one problem. Medium to long term, aye, you'd like to improve our No. 1 but with our limited funds the 'here and now' is the most pressing concern.

Jammy89
15-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Have to agree with this-although I'd put our need for a striker at the top of the list.

Obviously Rafa thinks it's important to get a 'keeper and who are we to question him, etc, etc, BUT...to get a significant upgrade on Elliott would, you'd think, require a significant outlay and the 'keeper position is not our number one problem. Medium to long term, aye, you'd like to improve our No. 1 but with our limited funds the 'here and now' is the most pressing concern.

Agree with both of these.

I guess a lot of comes from the Reina story in the beginning of the window as i think he would of been an upgrade - but that looks pretty dead in the water now.

Agreed that the money should go towards the striker as well, you don't survive this league by not scoring.

andyj73
15-08-2017, 06:12 PM
.. See Perez has turned you down ..

Including Kenedy the left sided wing back,apparently deal agreed but held up because of Chelsea's squad size.

Zippity
15-08-2017, 06:14 PM

I suspect he was never going to come.

andyj73
15-08-2017, 06:33 PM
I suspect he was never going to come.

.. I suspect that too, but give me some leeway I've got a job to do here ..

Zippity
15-08-2017, 06:37 PM
.. I suspect that too, but give me some leeway I've got a job to do here ..

XD fair enough

toonlegend
15-08-2017, 10:40 PM

ahh that's ok. cos you just know it would be confusing to some.... ya knaa.... pass it to perez.... no not that one the other one....

andyj73
15-08-2017, 10:51 PM
ahh that's ok. cos you just know it would be confusing to some.... ya knaa.... pass it to perez.... no not that one the other one....

.. It would be worse it the crowd were singing "there's only one Perez", as one would be very disappointed ..