PDA

View Full Version : Lejeune out for weeks

Zippity
15-08-2017, 10:47 AM
..rather than months according to Ronnie.

Better than feared but still ****e. Why should we be deprived of our new signing because some dirty little ******* jumped in with both feet off the ground from behind. For tackles like that, the player committing the foul should be out for as long as the player they fouled. (there's probably a flaw in that argument but it seems fair to me-not talking about all fouls but ones like that)

Kal
15-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Good news I guess, could have been a lot worse. Oh and Harry Kane is a c0ck, Andre Marriner is one who sucks c0cks !

kingstonbob
15-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Very bad challenge and if it had been committed on a Spurs player they would have been squealing like a mackem being forced into the bath for a red to be shown.

Nephy
15-08-2017, 01:23 PM
For tackles like that, the player committing the foul should be out for as long as the player they fouled. (there's probably a flaw in that argument but it seems fair to me-not talking about all fouls but ones like that)

Totally agree - they should be suspended until the player is medically fit to play again, and this should be retrospectively applied regardless of whether red or yellow was shown at the time.

Zippity
15-08-2017, 01:27 PM
There was a cynical part of me that thought the ref gave a yellow to stop any retrospective action. He didn't seem to be going to give anything initially.

toonlegend
15-08-2017, 01:29 PM
There was a cynical part of me that thought the ref gave a yellow to stop any retrospective action. He didn't seem to be going to give anything initially.

aye but even if he just gave a free kick, it would stop any retrospective action.

pfft

Jammy89
15-08-2017, 02:51 PM
It was a joke.

Had it happened to a spuds player or had Mitro even slid in a tackle it would of been a straight red but darling Harry of the media. . . :mad:

It's good it's only weeks but still important games he's going to miss.

I'd love the retrospective action but we all know it would never come around as it would harm players the media/FA love, harm them because they are the ones who get away with it.

Said somewhere else that Clark will come in at LB for Dummett and Mbemba in at CB with Lascelles.

andyj73
15-08-2017, 05:32 PM
.. Them there grapes sour sony ..

Very bad challenge and if it had been committed on a Spurs player they would have been squealing like a mackem being forced into the bath for a red to be shown.

ex_pat_magpie
15-08-2017, 05:42 PM
..rather than months according to Ronnie.

Better than feared but still ****e. Why should we be deprived of our new signing because some dirty little ******* jumped in with both feet off the ground from behind. For tackles like that, the player committing the foul should be out for as long as the player they fouled. (there's probably a flaw in that argument but it seems fair to me-not talking about all fouls but ones like that)

That would be a good rule to bring in. Players like Clattermule would spend most of the season without a game. ;D