PDA

View Full Version : Big night tonight

picasso
15-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Getting a bit anxious if truth be told. I know it's early days but have a feeling our performance tonight will give a much clearer indication of our season to come.

bongosdad
15-08-2017, 04:18 PM
I think it's a home win. 3-0 Gabby x2 and a Bacuna own goal

TrianonDave
15-08-2017, 04:22 PM
I think it's a home win. 3-0 Gabby x2 and a Bacuna own goal

You do realise Bongo we are the away team, so you think 3-0 to Reading with 2 gabby own goals and a Bacuna 3rd??

bongosdad
15-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Well that puts a different spin on things as our away form is terrible.
1-0 villa win with a gabby header

picasso
15-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Has Gabby ever scored with a header?

bongosdad
15-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Off the top of my head (no pun intended) at old trafford when we won 1-0 and the perfect hatrick against Man city with left foot, right foot and then his head.
Those were the days he has service from young and Barry.

Exiledvillan
15-08-2017, 05:40 PM
He got one at the sty also, last 5 min winner. He was professional in those days, many, many moons ago.

stateside
15-08-2017, 05:41 PM
That was gold Bro Bongo, pure gold.

A loss against a decent Reading is not the end of the world. The performance is what counts and can our players rebound? Remember we played well at Leicester and lost 3-2 thanks to bad subbing by Sherwood and Guzan at the end, but instead of looking at the positives there was a woe is me attitude and we went into a tail spin that propelled Leicester to the top and usto the bottom. These players are more experienced, so I expect an angry fighting performance win or lose and then watch out the next 6 teams we face.... otherwise watch out it's gonna be a long season.

bongosdad
15-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Well Gabbys on the bench anyway.

Johnstone
de laet Chester Terry Taylor
Onomah Whelan Hourihane Thor Green
Hogan

Gabby comes on with 25 minutes to go and wins the game with a header

stateside
15-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Bongo was right about the first own goal.

stateside
15-08-2017, 08:12 PM
2-0

yubbywelch
16-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Defeat left Steve Bruce's side still searching for their first win of the Championship campaign.
◾Relive Tuesday's Championship action
◾I am the right man for Villa job, says Bruce

Villa have just one point from their opening three games, while Reading made amends for failing to take all three points in a 1-1 draw at home against 10-man Fulham on Saturday.

Chances were scarce in a goalless first half, but Romania international Popa twice forced Villa goalkeeper Sam Johnstone into reflex saves.

Popa's right-foot shot after cutting in off the left wing was aided by both Whelan's deflection and the introduction of goal-line technology in the Championship this season.

After a moment's pause, referee Kevin Friend and his assistants were able to award Reading their opener, despite Johnstone's efforts to claw it away along the line to safety.

Reading manager Jaap Stam:

"It was pleasing how we played. From the start we were very aggressive, sharp and concentrated in what we were doing.

"After giving away an early chance, I thought we dominated possession and the chances and should have scored more goals.

"We should have made it a lot more comfortable for ourselves by scoring earlier in the game."

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce:

"It's disappointing as I didn't think we deserved to lose. We had a great chance in the first half and unfortunately in the three games we've had, we've missed those and it reappears week after week.

"When you come to Reading, they're going to have possession and they're very decent at keeping it. As for the first two big chances in the first half, they were ours.

"The first goal is an awful deflection and a horrible goal to concede, but I was pleased with the response that we could have got something from the game late on."

WE ARE NEVER GOING TO WIN WITH
Lack of Possession Home 67%
Away 33%
ShotsHome14 Away10
AND ONLY 3 Shots on Target Home5 Away3

CornersHome4Away1FoulsHome9Away10