purelybenjamin
16-08-2017, 11:43 AM
I'd like to see:

Collin or Fitzsimmons, but will be the former I'm sure
Tootle, Duffy, Brisley, Jones
Hawkridge, Yates, Milsom, Grant
Ameobi, Forte

This.

Hewitt, Stead & Alessandra have all underperformed thus far.

Forte 100% deserves to play and at least have a run in the team, his pace made us look much better as a team on Saturday. Stead either isn't fit or age has finally caught up with him.

1977Pie
16-08-2017, 11:47 AM
I think the majority of fans would agree, I personally would pick Dicko based on what i've seen and I think Wycombe will pose more of a threat (a wandering full back like Jones equals a potential disaster). Kevin rightly or wrongly see's things a little different to us fans so i'd expect to see the following (I don't see the Ameobi / Stead partnership ever working).

Collin
Hawkridge, Hewitt, Yates, Grant
Ameobi, Stead

calmpie
16-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I think as its an away fixture he will name the same team as against Chesterfield

I was at last nights game and Milsom worked very hard but achieved little. I am going to commit heresy here and get shot down by everyone and say I wouldn't start Grant - he comes into life into the top 3rd of the pitch (which is fantastic) but offers little to nothing everywhere else - for a tough away fixture I could see Nolan keep him as a impact player. Forte or Stead is an interesting one....

Bridg4d_Pie_
16-08-2017, 12:45 PM
I'd like to see:

Ameobi, Forte

I think I will leave to the professionals to select he team, they are seeing these players in training daily and have the benefit of the guidance of the medical people re injuries and fitness records, that is what they are paid for. That way you see a team out on the pitch which is fit to play for 90 minutes baring knocks during the game and tactical substitutions.

Wedgie_pie
16-08-2017, 02:08 PM
I think I will leave to the professionals to select he team, they are seeing these players in training daily and have the benefit of the guidance of the medical people re injuries and fitness records, that is what they are paid for. That way you see a team out on the pitch which is fit to play for 90 minutes baring knocks during the game and tactical substitutions.

Totally agree B4d, problem I had Saturday with those crap shirt numbers and lack of my glasses (see Jon Stead ill thread) I didn't know who was who anyway, ( apart from Ameobi for obvious reasons of course) so yes leave it to thems that know...:)

CmonUSexyStylishPies
16-08-2017, 02:13 PM
I think I will leave to the professionals to select he team.

That's very kind of you. I'm sure Kevin Nolan will be thankful.

irish_pie
16-08-2017, 03:36 PM
I'd like to see:

Ameobi, Forte

Exactly this

DelroyFacey22
16-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Totally agree B4d, problem I had Saturday with those crap shirt numbers and lack of my glasses (see Jon Stead ill thread) I didn't know who was who anyway, ( apart from Ameobi for obvious reasons of course) so yes leave it to thems that know...:)

If you can't tell the difference between players from their hair, boots, builds/height, skin colour and general position on the pitch without your glasses you should probably just stick to listening on the radio.

the_anticlough
16-08-2017, 05:04 PM
It's a tough game and after the 3-0 at Coventry I wouldn't mind seeing a cagey 4-5-1 for once (plus the fact that we haven't got a lot going on up front), but Grant has to start.

Wedgie_pie
16-08-2017, 05:12 PM
If you can't tell the difference between players from their hair, boots, builds/height, skin colour and general position on the pitch without your glasses you should probably just stick to listening on the radio.

Cheeky bugger, hair, boots, build/height skin colour!!!!!( thats why I said I knew who Ameobi was) I want to watch the football not judge a fashion show.. My post was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest Delroy, but we do need to get those numbers sorted out....:)

Notts78
17-08-2017, 07:02 AM
Grant starting is a tough one for me. Not that he is not one of our best players, which clearly he is. It is more to do with Plan A and B. If Grant starts and it does not work out as a team, we have no viable plan B. If he does not start he can come on which then gives us a plan B, if the starting 11 has not worked out.
As for Wycombe away, this I think will be one of the tougher away games as I expect Wycombe to be there or there abouts. So with that in mind a 4-5-1 is not a bad call.

BanjoPie
17-08-2017, 01:35 PM
My choice would be:

--------------Collins ----------------
Tootle - Duffy - Brysley - Dickinson
---Hawkridge - Milsom - Grant
--------------Yates-------------------
----Ameobi ---- Forte

LaxtonLad
17-08-2017, 03:02 PM

I can tell the difference between players from their hair, etc., but if I don't know who he is in the first place because his number is unreadable, how can I put a name to him? Do I shout "Great shot, Green Boots!" Or "Good tackle, Big Black Lad!" Or "That was crap, Blondie!" How about "Pass it to the little feller, you know, him over the other side, I don't know his name but he's got red hair?"

DelroyFacey22
17-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Apologies, I didn't realise the only place you could see what our players looked like was on the pitch during a game, if only there was some sort of way we could see pictures of them on our internet machines?

tarquinbeech
17-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Apologies, I didn't realise the only place you could see what our players looked like was on the pitch during a game, if only there was some sort of way we could see pictures of them on our internet machines?

There are at least a dozen or so people on here and on Twitter moaning that they don't know who the players are.

Why should they have to double-check the Squad page to check if that was Brisley or Yates, Saunders or Hodge, Jones or Bird or Walker.

What happens if they decide to have a short-back-n-sides....or grow a beard because we go on a winning run?

There are several new players this year rotating in and out of the team....and lots of new supporters judging by the crowd figures.

What about visiting supporters?......don't they have a right to know which of our players committed a foul or scored a goal?

I think you're being a bit silly, Del, by continuing to support the current invisible numbers....even AH looks set to change them to something visible.

countygump
17-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Wycombe not a one man team, sez Nolo. You may need to open a free account to view.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk

arnapie
17-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Wycombe not a one man team, sez Nolo. You may need to open a free account to view.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk

Signed Mackail-Smith today as well. Decent strike force is that

LaxtonLad
18-08-2017, 07:21 AM

What a good idea! Next home game I'll bring my lap-top

DelroyFacey22
18-08-2017, 08:09 AM
What a good idea! Next home game I'll bring my lap-top

Is your memory that short that you'd need to keep looking? You could just have a look at the squad page now or some pictures on facebook from games and do your best to remember a rough idea of what our players look like surely?

And Tarquin I'm not defending the numbers I just don't understand people that can't work out who players are from their appearance, most of them look completely different from eachother. Dickinson, Walker and Duffy, maybe from a distance you could mix them up but they haven't been on the same pitch together yet I don't think, but in that situation, Duffy is the one with the armband, Walker is probably the one in midfield and Dicko is more than likely the one standing where a left back would stand, this is not applicable to Dan Jones who stands wherever he feels like it would seem but he's also massive, has a full sleeve tattoo and spiky hair

LaxtonLad
18-08-2017, 08:18 AM
...or we could put numbers on shirts? Ones that can be read?

Bridg4d_Pie_
18-08-2017, 03:23 PM
My choice would be:

--------------Collins ----------------
Tootle - Duffy - Brysley - Dickinson
---Hawkridge - Milsom - Grant
--------------Yates-------------------
----Ameobi ---- Forte

Any chance of a quick burst of "Dueling Banjos" whilst your'e on line. :O

BanjoPie
19-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Any chance of a quick burst of "Dueling Banjos" whilst your'e on line. :O

I can only play one at a time :)

sidders
19-08-2017, 12:48 PM
It doesn't matter what the team is, I can only see a stinging defeat today. Wycombe are even better than Mansfield.

JoePass
19-08-2017, 02:21 PM
It doesn't matter what the team is, I can only see a stinging defeat today. Wycombe are even better than Mansfield.

Lol ;D

Old_pie
19-08-2017, 03:10 PM

Did you used to go round telling your school kids not to bother with taking their exams? :(

LaxtonLad
19-08-2017, 05:00 PM
It doesn't matter what the team is, I can only see a stinging defeat today.

You were right about the defeat but it wasn't stinging, QPR 2 - Hull 1.