PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Calderwood Suffering From Alzheimer's

medw1311
16-08-2017, 02:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40949594

Sad to hear this really and I wish the man no ill in the world but even when he was announcing this he still managed a dig at us.

"I got sacked for a couple of things I don't think I should have got sacked for. Aberdeen was the hardest one. We got back into Europe and the chairman decided to make a change. That still annoys me."

thebeachend
16-08-2017, 02:27 PM
you beat me to it!

medw1311
16-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Great minds think alike and all that lol.

Hmm....maybe not the most tactful thing for me to say given the subject of this thread xD

thebeachend
16-08-2017, 02:40 PM
It's a terrible condition, all the best to Jimmy.

kigoretrout
16-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Wish him no ill. Terrible illness. Gave us a bit of respectability back on the pitch. Touted himself shamelessly for other jobs whilst at Aberdeen. Exceeded his shelf life and just like the Murphys he's not bitter.

Pacman1903
16-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Horrible disease. Poor guy

All the best Jimmy (not that it gets any better)

notinmyname
16-08-2017, 04:04 PM
:(

...another casualty of heading the ball? I do wonder if eventually there will be fouls for balls over head height....

nice1simmy
16-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Terrible disease to have,all the best jimmy,you gave us some good times as well as some bad but no grudges held by me towards you,always speaks fondly of his time here

donsdaft
16-08-2017, 04:43 PM
More likely a victim of mass medication.
Fluoride in the water is causing this.

I wouldn't have wished this on him but he's still an arsehole who should never have got anywhere near being manager of Aberdeen

sheepcrooky
16-08-2017, 04:53 PM
All the best for your journey Jimmy. Gave AFC some respectability in the early part of his tenure.

DollyLongstaffe
16-08-2017, 05:56 PM
I'm not going to be a hypocrite about this, I came to thoroughly dislike the guy. But hearing that diagnosis has to be unimaginably tough. He certainly didn't deserve that.

Hairdrier
16-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Sorry to hear of this. One of my favourite Aberdeen managers. Dragged the club out of the doldrums and made it a wee bit respectable again.

This might explain why he has been out of circulation for a while. 'Hingmy' 'Sloppy' and 'Wee Naisy' are typical phrases that spring to mind.

Aldo1983
16-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Poor guy and really no need for some of you to still stick the boot in.

rico94
16-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Poor guy and really no need for some of you to still stick the boot in.

Spot on aldo min.

Hairdrier
16-08-2017, 06:37 PM

I wouldn't have wished this on him but he's still an arsehole who should never have got anywhere near being manager of Aberdeen

What a load of p*sh Spike.

DodHagi
16-08-2017, 06:50 PM

^^^^ You for real mate? The irony of you calling another human an arsehole is brilliant. What a miserable old c*nt you are.

As niceonesimmy said, he brought back a bit of respectability and some good times, all the best Jimmy.

RedStarTorphins
16-08-2017, 07:05 PM
To be honest, comments about his merits (or otherwise) as manager aren't needed or relevant.
The bloke has a disease that will only deteriorate.. and he's only 62.

Wouldn't wish Alzheimer's on anyone.

nice1simmy
16-08-2017, 07:36 PM
^^^^ You for real mate? The irony of you calling another human an arsehole is brilliant. What a miserable old c*nt you are.

As niceonesimmy said, he brought back a bit of respectability and some good times, all the best Jimmy.

Well said dodhagi

blowupsheep
17-08-2017, 04:02 AM

what a load of utter bollox, get a grip

NewOrleansRed
17-08-2017, 05:18 AM
To be honest, comments about his merits (or otherwise) as manager aren't needed or relevant.
The bloke has a disease that will only deteriorate.. and he's only 62.

Wouldn't wish Alzheimer's on anyone.

Bang on. **** all to do with football at this point. Wish him all the best on his difficult road.

red_mist
17-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Sorry to hear the news Jimmy

Best wishes to you and your family

Forget the numpties on here - those Europa League adventures you gave us some were some of our best nights as Dons fans

Don4
18-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear the news Jimmy

Best wishes to you and your family

Forget the numpties on here - those Europa League adventures you gave us some were some of our best nights as Dons fans

Spot on, canna believe some of the pish being written, firstly it's only a fecking game, wouldn't wish this condition on anyone, ignorant barstewards �� thoughts are with JC's family as they go forward with this.

reidzer
18-08-2017, 09:17 PM
My father suffers from this terrible illness and he is only 62:as well. We have watched him rapidly decline in a short space of time and it is heartbreaking to watch.
Good luck JC, stay strong..