PDA

View Full Version : Felix Wiedwald

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
16-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Had a good match yesterday, made some crucial saves, him and Shaughnessy were probably our 2 best players imo, funny what difference a couple of matches makes, considering they were both SLATED vs Bolton

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 03:33 PM
No surprises there eh Clive? After all,we are known for having some of the best and some of the most fickle fans in football.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
16-08-2017, 03:35 PM
It seems so tichi, personally I'm happy they did play well, will do both players a world of good for their confidence

Rev72
16-08-2017, 05:12 PM
But but I thought WTF said he was sh1t :O

Silentman
16-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't be quite so quick to say he's any good just yet, yes last night he did make a couple of decent saves where he had to come off his line and to be fair he was fairly quick at that, but he's not really been tested yet; I'm not convinced he commands his box and can come for crosses with confidence and we haven't seen his shot stopping abilities yet. Jury's still out and I'd still prefer Green as first choice.

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Haven't seen anyone saying he's good yet, a few cautious comments stating he did okay yesterday [As opposed to rank garbage as some would have us all believe] agree we need to wait and see what he's like when really tested - might happen Saturday?

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
16-08-2017, 09:55 PM
He got 5 clean sheets in 25 games last season, he's got 2 in 4 already this season, a good start I reckon

joellufcprice
16-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Think it's a bit early to be making a judgement on him either way as he has hardly done anything noteworthy. He made one save that I'd expect him to make and recovered a short back pass v Fulham, he's also done some things so far that haven't left me very convinced. See how he does when we are really tested, that is when Green earned his stripes last season, keeping us in games we should have been battered in.

Not seen anyone slating Shaughnessy though? He was brilliant v Fulham, really impressed and nice to know he can come in when needed and perform, though I still think we need another CB to partner Pontus over the course of the season.

spaldy
16-08-2017, 10:52 PM
good to see that we have several positions that we are pretty deep in.

Keep is one of them as well as our mid field. we are pretty solid in back as well. once the injuries work themselves out we'll be sitting good.

Hard to believe that we have Vierra sitting. a whole of years lately he'd been the best we had in midfield and would likely have sold him already.

espaņablanco73
17-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Lets not forget Green started the season with a couple of howlers, then went on to have a good one.