PDA

View Full Version : OT - Nottingham Capital of Culture 2023

DaveSmithRules
16-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Can we do a Hull and win the big prize?
https://www.leftlion.co.uk/photos/2017/august/nottingham-2023-capital-of-culture-bid-launch-at-sneinton-market-in-photos

Steward
16-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Of course we can, just take the people who choose on a bus tour of St Anns, Hyson Green, Clifton, Radford, Broxstow It's in the bag

JoePass
16-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Of course we can, just take the people who choose on a bus tour of St Anns, Hyson Green, Clifton, Radford, Broxstow It's in the bag

Bag being the operative word.

Oldstripy
16-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Nottingham the capital of fast food shops.

countygump
16-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Nottingham the capital of fast food shops.

Well we lost the "Gun crime capital of GB", cos no-one can afford guns anymore. But we could well be the capital of chazzieba shops

Wedgie_pie
16-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Can we do a Hull and win the big prize?
https://www.leftlion.co.uk/photos/2017/august/nottingham-2023-capital-of-culture-bid-launch-at-sneinton-market-in-photos

Dave, Hull is the UK City of culture, we are going for the BIG PRIZE...Europe.....fat chance...

seriouspie
17-08-2017, 08:23 AM

Must be the favourite with our wide and diverse range of cultures.

1. As said - Fast Food shops to cater for every nationality

2. Be taught how to beg around St. Peters church

3. Watch Notts TV to educate the mind

4. Marvel at the concrete monstrosity called the NIC

5. View the Low Life staggering around the city centre on Friday/Saturday nights

Yes, a wonderful place to visit if you have a fetish for Dossholes.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
17-08-2017, 09:16 AM
2. Be taught how to beg around St. Peters church.

It seems to be getting worse round there, I go past quite regularly and there seems to be more and more beggars each week.

Wedgie_pie
17-08-2017, 09:34 AM
It seems to be getting worse round there, I go past quite regularly and there seems to be more and more beggars each week.

Don't forget the bloody god squad CUSSP preaching their doom and glum if we don't turn to Jesus, and they even use a bloody sound system ffs. and why is it only blokes, saddo....:)

queenslandpie
17-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Don't forget the bloody god squad CUSSP preaching their doom and glum if we don't turn to Jesus, and they even use a bloody sound system ffs. and why is it only blokes, saddo....:)

I was laughing my head off at Nottingham winning captial of culture and then I remembered where I live at shut my cake hole. Still middle of winter and a record 31 degrees today. It's ok we aren't experiencing global warming here NOT.

Bridg4d_Pie_
18-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Chance would be a fine thing, if we have that kind of crazy money to burn I suggest the Council start to repair our roads in a proper manner instead of making do and mending. :mad: