PDA

View Full Version : Fizzy Pop Trophy

Mr_Brightside
17-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Alloa at home. Slow news day, any rumours to make this day go any quicker?

Logie_Arab
17-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Alloa at home. Slow news day, any rumours to make this day go any quicker?

I knew we would get the giant killers.

SmedDUm
17-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Bra. A home draw.
Aug 19 BRECHIN (H)
Aug 26 ST. MIRREN (A)
Sept 2 ALLOA (H)
Sept 9 DUMARTON (H)
Tannersfest.

Chick A Saw
17-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Dont have the same enthusiasm for this as last season but should be there on the 2nd.

What happens if the youngsters give us a chance of winning this again and Ray changes his team.

RAM1971
17-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Dont have the same enthusiasm for this as last season but should be there on the 2nd.

What happens if the youngsters give us a chance of winning this again and Ray changes his team.

The Treble is still on. Let's go for it!

Mr_Brightside
17-08-2017, 05:32 PM
The Treble is still on. Let's go for it!

The first fizzy pop cup holders to represent Scotland in Europe?

shedboy71
17-08-2017, 06:43 PM
oooo pressure is on - we need to rally the troops to get 120 arabs there (including players, mgmt staff and officials) to prove once and for all we are the big team :P

RAM1971
17-08-2017, 06:56 PM
The first fizzy pop cup holders to represent Scotland in Europe?

We need to mirror our League Cup wins by nailing the Fizzy this year as well. May our success in this tournament be 'successiveness!' It will also put to the sword the Fun jibe....'How often have you won the Fizzy?' They have won it twice.

shedboy71
17-08-2017, 07:27 PM
We need to mirror our League Cup wins by nailing the Fizzy this year as well. May our success in this tournament be 'successiveness!' It will also put to the sword the Fun jibe....'How often have you won the Fizzy?' They have won it twice.

back to topic we only need 111 fans to be the big team XD

RAM1971
17-08-2017, 07:50 PM
back to topic we only need 111 fans to be the big team XD

My dear Garden implement Storage Receptacle Three Score, Ten Plus One......is not the topic the 'Fizzy Pop Trophy?' The last time I looked at the Thread title it displayed something like that.

I'm all for advancing the notion that winning the Fizzy two years in succession deservedly underlines the fact we are the Big Team in the city.

shedboy71
17-08-2017, 08:13 PM
My dear Garden implement Storage Receptacle Three Score, Ten Plus One......is not the topic the 'Fizzy Pop Trophy?' The last time I looked at the Thread title it displayed something like that.

I'm all for advancing the notion that winning the Fizzy two years in succession deservedly underlines the fact we are the Big Team in the city.

ach i changed the topic without telling you

Chick A Saw
17-08-2017, 08:33 PM
That would only make us equal! Well until other statistics are taken into account, like corners, offsides, blades of grass, rivers running through and admin trophys!

shedboy71
17-08-2017, 10:34 PM
That would only make us equal! Well until other statistics are taken into account, like corners, offsides, blades of grass, rivers running through and admin trophys!

we are well behind the best rhumba ever cup and utd lost a final cup tbf. They certainly win the windae lickers cup big team acolade.

Just my expert (and factual) opinion like :)

RAM1971
18-08-2017, 08:02 AM

Being in the League above and winning the Fizzy once more than us are the only things in the last 40+years that the Fun can use to try and show they are a bigger club than us. If we lift the Fizzy this year, we negate one of the only two elements in the Fun's claim, and we will have lifted the Fizzy 'twice' since they last won it. It is therefore essential that we lift this winnable cup this season. The other element in the Fun's claim is looking under severe threat this early in the season.

TerryTheTerror
18-08-2017, 08:07 AM
I don't think I've ever heard any funster use the fizzy cup in any bragging rights argument. :?

SmedDUm
18-08-2017, 08:51 AM
I don't think I've ever heard any funster use the fizzy cup in any bragging rights argument. :?

No, because it's confessing to being in the lower tier.
The same 'shame' we're having to live with just now.
Temporarily of course :)

RAM1971
18-08-2017, 10:23 AM

My dear Treble T, the deafening silence you hear is testimony enough to the verity of the statement. Remove the inaudible claim and their argument centres wholly on a single fact, i.e. respective leagues, the current placings in which make that single argument a very threadbare one at present. Make no mistake, even the hardest of Fun followers do not want The Shed to equal their record of Fizzy wins! Without the 'dee'fault of the Fizzy their elevated status lies in increased jeopardy.

TerryTheTerror
18-08-2017, 10:37 AM
If they aren't saying this then it's just you then? :?

RAM1971
18-08-2017, 01:07 PM

Well I'm glad you're not classing me along with the Dees then!

Okay, they're 'thinking' it. We still need a repeat Fizzy win.

shedboy71
18-08-2017, 01:58 PM

the voices in his heed!

Taintedice
18-08-2017, 08:34 PM
If they aren't saying this then it's just you then? :?No Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup, Dundee were mostly sh1t in it. What I would ask you guys, when did you last win the 2nd-tier of Scottish football, to really say you deserve to be in the top league? Coming 2nd has never been an option for my club, bar the nonsense of club 12. So when did your club last win the right to be in the top league, rather than go up by default?

shedka
18-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Sirus is pished

Taintedice
18-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Hiya buddy :) not fancy that stat XD

Arabdownsouth
19-08-2017, 06:01 AM
Hiya buddy :) not fancy that stat XD

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9403180/Rangers-to-be-replaced-by-Dundee-in-Scottish-Premier-League.html surely to **** you're taking the piss yes?

TerryTheTerror
19-08-2017, 07:57 AM
No Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup, Dundee were mostly sh1t in it. What I would ask you guys, when did you last win the 2nd-tier of Scottish football, to really say you deserve to be in the top league? Coming 2nd has never been an option for my club, bar the nonsense of club 12. So when did your club last win the right to be in the top league, rather than go up by default?

If a team wins a playoff they deserve to be promoted. :? Bet you're one of these funny folk that don't think United beat the fun in the league cup this season.

RAM1971
19-08-2017, 11:16 AM
No Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup, Dundee were mostly sh1t in it. What I would ask you guys, when did you last win the 2nd-tier of Scottish football, to really say you deserve to be in the top league? Coming 2nd has never been an option for my club, bar the nonsense of club 12. So when did your club last win the right to be in the top league, rather than go up by default?

So, 'no Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup?' Are you seriously suggesting that Dundee FC have not deliberately and regularly sought relegation from the top tier in order to try and win some silverware, i.e. The Championship and its former names, as well as the beloved Fizzy? This goes all the way back to the late 70s. United on the other hand have only qualified for these Dundee FC winnable competitions, through the relegation process twice. The first time was a brief hiccup for a season when we never lost a goal throughout the whole tournament, losing out on penalties in the Final to Stenhousemuir. In Dundee FC understanding, that game was a draw and United are actually joint winners with Stennie! Second time round we won it outright and have a firm grasp on the jug handles. Hopefully this year will make us three times winners (In Dundee FC terms).

As has been stated by one erudite poster, winning the right to compete in the Premier league lies with both the outright winners of the Championship and those who gain entry by the play offs, etc. However, this is where the aural members have to be pinned back for maximum reception. The 'right to remain' in the Premier League rests with those teams who avoid the basement position (coincidentally where Dundee FC currently stand) and those who fail to remain via the playoffs. It is highly noteworthy that Dundee FC have regularly 'lost' the right to remain in the Premier League many times and seem determined to continue that pattern for this coming season. They are truly the Scottish Premier League's 'Dexiters,' ....basically opting for out when every other team wants to remain 'in.' They apparently have an abject aversion to Europe, preferring competitions they can attain some status in.

At the moment, United are winning the right to re-enter the Premier League, a right they lost two seasons ago.

SmedDUm
19-08-2017, 11:29 AM
So, 'no Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup?' Are you seriously suggesting that Dundee FC have not deliberately and regularly sought relegation from the top tier in order to try and win some silverware, i.e. The Championship and its former names, as well as the beloved Fizzy? This goes all the way back to the late 70s. United on the other hand have only qualified for these Dundee FC winnable competitions, through the relegation process twice. The first time was a brief hiccup for a season when we never lost a goal throughout the whole tournament, losing out on penalties in the Final to Stenhousemuir. In Dundee FC understanding, that game was a draw and United are actually joint winners with Stennie! Second time round we won it outright and have a firm grasp on the jug handles. Hopefully this year will make us three times winners (In Dundee FC terms).

As has been stated by one erudite poster, winning the right to compete in the Premier league lies with both the outright winners of the Championship and those who gain entry by the play offs, etc. However, this is where the aural members have to be pinned back for maximum reception. The 'right to remain' in the Premier League rests with those teams who avoid the basement position (coincidentally where Dundee FC currently stand) and those who fail to remain via the playoffs. It is highly noteworthy that Dundee FC have regularly 'lost' the right to remain in the Premier League many times and seem determined to continue that pattern for this coming season. They are truly the Scottish Premier League's 'Dexiters,' ....basically opting for out when every other team wants to remain 'in.' They apparently have an abject aversion to Europe, preferring competitions they can attain some status in.

At the moment, United are winning the right to re-enter the Premier League, a right they lost two seasons ago.

Good effort mate! :)

RAM1971
19-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Good effort mate! :)

Smeds my dear friend, you could have used one word instead of three, i.e. 'Truth!'

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Tis why they and their club are the fun. They do what it says on the tin! even in their moments of superiority.