PDA

View Full Version : Dundee - HOME - Aug 19 - Roll Call, Team Prediction, Match Thread, Just Back, A'thing

Landvetter83
17-08-2017, 06:35 PM
In
Mainer D
Driving
Driving
7-0 Considine Hat-Trick

Team: Nae idea .... Tombola time ....

Pacman1903
17-08-2017, 06:54 PM
In/Oot - In

Furryboots - The Y

Pre - Driving

Post - Some sort of euro fitba on BT, a takeaway and a couple of beers

Prediction- 0-0

mondo_notion
17-08-2017, 07:31 PM
In/Oot - In +1

Furryboots - SS SS

Pre - Working

Post - TBC

Prediction - Going to keep saying 3-0 until I am right

sheepcrooky
17-08-2017, 11:35 PM
In/Oot - In

Furryboots - RDSL

Pre - Driving

Post - Cove Bay Hotel for a few

Prediction- 4-2

Pauldolski10
18-08-2017, 12:24 PM
IN
South SS
Bobbin
Pubs at hame
2-0 Rooney and May

RedStarTorphins
18-08-2017, 02:36 PM
oot - wedding

prediction - 2-1 Dons

Team? hard to predict these days, but will say;

Lewis
Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean GMS
May

Subs; Rogers, Arnason, Harvie, Stewart, Maynard, Rooney, Wright

foreveradon
18-08-2017, 02:46 PM
In
Paddock......it's a long story !.......for about the first time in 20 years ! Oh well be a change and a blast from the past
2 nil
Team....haven't a clue which makes a nice change from predicting it every week
One things for sure May will be up front

COYR

Mason89
19-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Oot
Going to try to get to Chester v Sutton if work allows
4-0 Aberdeen, f*ck knows about Chester

Pacman1903
19-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Oot
Going to try to get to Chester v Sutton if work allows
4-0 Aberdeen, f*ck knows about Chester

You will get to see Jeff Monokana

Aldo1983
19-08-2017, 09:45 AM
oot - wedding

prediction - 2-1 Dons

Lewis
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean GMS
May

I'm with you. Not at the wedding though.

Mek
19-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Think Rooney and May will both start?

That would be a nice interesting change.

Anyway, 3-0, May, Rooney and Christie.

Pacman1903
19-08-2017, 11:01 AM
If May and Rooney start i reckon we will batter them.

medw1311
19-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Is anyone able to get the BBC Scotland commentary for this? I can only get Open all mics.

medw1311
19-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Yasssss Mayyyyy!!!!!!!!

InversneckieDob
19-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Scorer - May 83 (11).
KAAAAARMA

donsdaft
19-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the info OBI
Can't get a stream so might just switch everything off now.

macattack
19-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Is anyone able to get the BBC Scotland commentary for this? I can only get Open all mics.
Just seen the same :blue: I thought BBC Radio Scotland said dons game was live on 810- MW :?

medw1311
19-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Just seen the same :blue: I thought BBC Radio Scotland said dons game was live on 810- MW :?

It is but seems they've forgotten to put it on the website.

irnbru1903
19-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Too many mistakes today and I doubt it is all down to the conditions. We need another goal to ease the pressure on our fragile defence. Some good play as well and undoubtedly the better team.

medw1311
19-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Feccckkkkkkk 1-1

irnbru1903
19-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Embarrassingly dreadful. So many schoolboy mistakes.

TheRealSLYFOX
19-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Anyone still think Considine is an asset?

irnbru1903
19-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Christie is woefully honking today

irnbru1903
19-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Why the **** is Christie still on? We are basically worse than a man short with him on so far.

Hairdrier
19-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Yass May again 2-1

irnbru1903
19-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Shows the difference in class May is that he can do what Maynard, Stockley, Storey .... cannot.

macattack
19-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Phew another win good !

irnbru1903
19-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Played badly and still won. What would the score have been if we had actually turned up. Good goals by May.

EintrachtFrankfurt
19-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Thank feck for that. One Stevie May! COYR!

Aldo1983
19-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Think Christie has got a bit big headed. He'll be fine again though. Winning ugly is a great ability to have.

sheepcrooky
19-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Would definitely have put Scotty Wright on for Christie today as we had zero width. Stewart made a big difference when he came on. And who the **** is Stevie May :) :) :)

Landvetter83
19-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Just Back ....

Who the f@ck is Stevie May?

Credit Dundee. I thought they were much improved from last season and made it tough for us. Very pleased to win the game after giving up the lead in such a poor manner.

Special mention to the much maligned central defence - Reynolds and O,Connor in particular, took care of business well.

9 points from 3 games. Happy Days. Get the beers in ... :)

RedStarTorphins
19-08-2017, 04:57 PM
oot - wedding

prediction - 2-1 Dons

Lewis
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean GMS
May

Wee bump & bit of "I told u so" ;)

Full house;

I'm at a wedding
Predicted the starting X1
Predicted the score.
(& I might add, the FGS)

Pacman1903
19-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Glad of the win. Was a poor affair though. Far too many off days.The whole midfield for example. Shinnies second touch was always a tackle. Christie and McLean were also poor

But a win when playi g so poor ia the sign of a good team.

Well done Stevie min

Well done Stewart when he came on. I actually thought he was our best player. Always looking for the ball and trying to make something happen

The soaking was brilliant. Absolutley drookit. Havent been like that in a while at Pittodrie.

57vintage
19-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Gary Mackay-Steven looked like Bertie Miller today. Months on the subs' bench picking up a wage seems to have robbed him of any fitba nous he ever had. He LOOKS like a TSMSTID player.
A worry about Shay dropping in pain at the end.
Christie let his error for TMSTID goal get to him and he had a poor second half.
Stewart very effective when he came on.
As McInnes said in the interview after the game, May is liable to score even when the team's performing below standard, and both goals were beauties.

We got away with that today.

WatsonNimrod
19-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Dundee actually played a decent game plan, they nullified GMS in the first half and were decent on the counter.

Thought OConnor had his best game in a Dons shirt.

Class came through in the end and Dundee had very little in the tank and I doubt their players will put in a bigger shift this season.

Gogsred
19-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Gary Mackay-Steven looked like Bertie Miller today. Months on the subs' bench picking up a wage seems to have robbed him of any fitba nous he ever had. He LOOKS like a TSMSTID player.
Christie let his error for TMSTID goal get to him and he had a poor second half.
Stewart very effective when he came on.
As McInnes said in the interview after the game, May is liable to score even when the team's performing below standard, and both goals were beauties.

We got away with that today.

Both goals were well taken in what was a pretty shaky performance overall from the team. Just before he scored the second, McInnes was about to substitute May - Rooney was standing waiting and the fourth official had the number board ready to go. Good job he waited another minute or so.

Bridieeater
19-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Just Back ....

Who the f@ck is Stevie May?

Credit Dundee. I thought they were much improved from last season and made it tough for us. Very pleased to win the game after giving up the lead in such a poor manner.

Special mention to the much maligned central defence - Reynolds and O,Connor in particular, took care of business well.

9 points from 3 games. Happy Days. Get the beers in ... :)

Sorry, felt the entire defence were terrible today. Didn't win their individual battles and positionally were all over the place. I actually felt the dundee centre backs looked more confident than ours. As for Considine, blooming heck he was appalling and every team with a half decent right winger will rip him a new ar#ehole. He's getting slower if that's possible.

Midfield didn't really get going but thank goodness for a decent striker. That was the difference between the teams. 3 points is 3 points but we won't get away with a performance like that very often.

Feck_the_Huns
19-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Aye we were sh1te today but we got away with it. Corporate entertainment today which was fcuking ACE. Met Joey, Russell, Leighton, Tattie and Stevie, Stevie May

May, he's the only boy we have who could have scored yon.

Jussi
19-08-2017, 07:27 PM
watched first half on alba considine slowness & reynolds passback (without looking) , almost cost us.

I would have replaced both. Why leave better players on the bench . If Arne is fit, play him , move shinnie back & add Wright .

Dundee were not to bad at back , but wasteful upfrontish.

Winston78Snelders
19-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Sorry, felt the entire defence were terrible today. Didn't win their individual battles and positionally were all over the place. I actually felt the dundee centre backs looked more confident than ours. As for Considine, blooming heck he was appalling and every team with a half decent right winger will rip him a new ar#ehole. He's getting slower if that's possible.

Midfield didn't really get going but thank goodness for a decent striker. That was the difference between the teams. 3 points is 3 points but we won't get away with a performance like that very often.

Managed to watch all the 2nd half on ALBA, to echo the majority ... O'Connor looked decent, Logan & Lewis did nothing wrong so bit harsh on the defence.

Stewart looked very good, tidy with the ball. Bad day for Christie who didn't look at the races even before he gave the ball away which led to the goal. Yes we all know considine is the weak link. Average performances by most, but a win is a win.

3 points and onto next week, some big performances required from some if he keeps same starting XI next week.

Stand Free

Pacman1903
19-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Forgot to mention. Beaten at his near post is bad enough but to be nutmegged too makes it a hell of a a lot worse. Poor goal to lose. Christies mistake didn't help though,

Ach well a wins 3 points no matter how we get them

erchieplum
19-08-2017, 09:09 PM
well that was 3 points of which 2 were a bonus.Bad day at the office for a few of our players and generally slack play could have cost us.We gave the ball away far too cheaply and Dundee may well feel that they should have got something from the game. I'm not sure if the downpours and very wet pitch affected the flair players but it just wasn't clicking . Still ,Stevie May makes a fantastic home debut,Rooney is back and maximum points in the league thus far. I noted that Shay came off pitch is a bit of pain ,has there been any update on the injury ? Hopefully nothing serious and he's back in his rightful spot at next game

Pacman1903
19-08-2017, 09:23 PM
well that was 3 points of which 2 were a bonus.Bad day at the office for a few of our players and generally slack play could have cost us.We gave the ball away far too cheaply and Dundee may well feel that they should have got something from the game. I'm not sure if the downpours and very wet pitch affected the flair players but it just wasn't clicking . Still ,Stevie May makes a fantastic home debut,Rooney is back and maximum points in the league thus far. I noted that Shay came off pitch is a bit of pain ,has there been any update on the injury ? Hopefully nothing serious and he's back in his rightful spot at next game

Shay was a funny one as it looked like he jogged a couple of steps backwards then keeled over right on the final whistle. Nobody around him

sonofrgmsdad
19-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Would someone please tell Shay that light blue boots (yes like strips) are unacceptable.

sheepcrooky
19-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Shinnie was very poor today as was McLean until he went deep when Tansey went off. Maybe now is the time to take Shinnie back to left back and play McLean and Tansey as the holding midfielders.

Lewis
Logan O'Connor Arnason Shinnie
Tansey McLean
Stewart Christie Wright/GMS
May

IMO that would be our strongest XI. Too often this season, McLean and Christie go for the same ball/run/space. Tansey and McLean holding would allow the more forward players to play, whilst also having Shinnie marauding from the back to help GMS/Wright.

LED
19-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Shinnie was very poor today as was McLean until he went deep when Tansey went off. Maybe now is the time to take Shinnie back to left back and play McLean and Tansey as the holding midfielders.

Lewis
Logan O'Connor Arnason Shinnie
Tansey McLean
Stewart Christie Wright/GMS
May

IMO that would be our strongest XI. Too often this season, McLean and Christie go for the same ball/run/space. Tansey and McLean holding would allow the more forward players to play, whilst also having Shinnie marauding from the back to help GMS/Wright.

That would be my team apart from Arnason. I would put Considine in there.

red weegie
20-08-2017, 10:19 AM
‘In Stevie We Trust’

andoplzcumbak
20-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Just watched it on redtv, 2 cracking goals there! The 2nd was a beezer!

Getintaethem
20-08-2017, 01:49 PM

this is the obvious team to try out. The reason DM doesn't is because Shinnie can get things going in MF and his ability to cover so much ground. Considine is a slower Shaughnessy. Loads of times he was in a perfect position to drive forward with the ball and he either wasted it or passed back or across.

Watched Considine being interviewed on Redtv and he was unsure whether this team is better than last seasons. Well i know one change that would make it a better team. It is now time for DM to act as if i were the opposition I would attack us down the flank all day long with a nippy right winger, crossing into a centre forward or centre midfield. Even balls over the top, we are terrible at defending. I would also try Considine as a centre back in a game.

We are going to get ripped apart in defence by the likes of celtic, hibs, hearts, st johnstone and even the likes of Sevco unless we get it sorted. The weaknesses we had in the team last season have not gone away.

I would also like to get more mobility upfront with Stewart, Christie and Wright popping up on different places like mcginn and hayes. GMS was well marked. When that happened to Hayes, he went to the other side of the park. Stewart could swap with him, no problem. Think Wright may be more versatile a player for us than GMS.

Tansey or Jack? For me definitely Tansey.

i did not understand why we put on rooney instead of wright yesterday. Rooney may have been a fantastic servant but i cannot see him playing much this season as for me he has now dropped down to 3rd choice centre forward to start a game. I think maynard is needing a couple goals and he will come good and could play well as part of a top two with May when required. Oh, and a centre forward that actually scored a goal! I get the feeling that May is the type of centre forward DM has been trying to sign since he arrived and failed every time.. He now has him and he could be a great great signing. Wish we had him in for the European games.

rico94
20-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Shinnie playing left back is never gonna happen McInnes pretty much said so on a few occasions.Plus if he did play Shinnie at left back where's Considine going to play,he is a nailed on starter every week and he is worse than Reynolds at centre back so it's pointless playing him there.I said it before I would give Harvie a go at left back but McInnes doesn't seem to be able to see past Reynolds and Considine which is a worry when we play Celtic,Rangers or Hibs.

I would still rather have Rooney come on instead of Maynard,from what I have seen so far I can see why he only got 2 goals last season.

foreveradon
20-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Agreed with most points from last 2 posts

Shinnie wont be moved from midfield rightly or wrongly

Considine was always going to struggle more this season
without the protection hayes used to give him but that hasnt taken very long has it ?
Im sure mcinnes is more than aware of it and if we want to kick on a new lb is a must and i wouldnt play him as cb either
Although he is more suited to that role he wouldnt fill me with confidence

I thinks it pretty apparent already if god forbid may
gets injured were going to be struggling up front

fittiered
20-08-2017, 06:09 PM

Folk I was with said the Dundee player had kicked Shay!!

Pacman1903
20-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Folk I was with said the Dundee player had kicked Shay!!

There was nobody near him when he went down

fittiered
20-08-2017, 07:48 PM
There was nobody near him when he went down

I never saw it but turned round when it was said! We were a bit pished I must say!

Pacman1903
20-08-2017, 08:43 PM
I never saw it but turned round when it was said! We were a bit pished I must say!

I was looking at him when it happened. It was a freak one. Unless he picked it up earlier and battled on then gave up at FT. But the nearest player was over 10 yards away easily

Stoney_Scarfer
21-08-2017, 06:45 AM
So everybody noticed that Stevie's first goal was in the 11th minute but did any of you notice that his second was 11 minutes from time ;-)

GGMDONS
21-08-2017, 10:21 AM
we need a new song for S May

neilthedon
21-08-2017, 12:07 PM

" We KNOW the **** who`s Stevie May !! "

Aldo1983
21-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Not sure what Considine did wrong for their goal. Stupid pass back that opened us up, Considine forced him wife and therefore he should never have scored from there.

eastnuekdon
21-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Not sure what Considine did wrong for their goal. Stupid pass back that opened us up, Considine forced him wife and therefore he should never have scored from there.

Watched the highlights last night and totally agree with this. Considine did what he was meant to do and forced the player wide. As much as we have a top keeper in Lewis he has to carry the can for losing a goal at his near post. And also WTF was that pass from Christie all about!!!!!!

InversneckieDob
21-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Aye, the goal's on Christie and Lewis. Affa harsh to land that one on Consi.

Pacman1903
21-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Aye, the goal's on Christie and Lewis. Affa harsh to land that one on Consi.

It should never have went in whether the mistake from Christie or not. A rare calamity from Lewis.

afc1903mad
21-08-2017, 03:49 PM
I was looking at him when it happened. It was a freak one. Unless he picked it up earlier and battled on then gave up at FT. But the nearest player was over 10 yards away easily

That's how I recall it.
He took a knock and played on till the final whistle.

Any news on the seriousness?

afc1903mad
21-08-2017, 03:57 PM

I'm never that good with these things.
I do like keeping the one we do have for him.

Else, how about something like.....

Oh we've signed Stevie May
He scores at least one or two.
It's such a perfect day.
He just keeps us winning more.
He just keeps us winning more.

Not an uplifting tune though

NaeMairNeeps
21-08-2017, 05:12 PM
There'a song in here somewye ....
Hooray, horray, its a goal for Stevie May
... blah blah blah, blah blah blah ...
Stevie, Stevie May. ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJkrA6DtDgQ

.... edit'

Hooray, horray, its a goal for Stevie May
He's 83
But he's standin free ...
Stevie, Stevie May.

sheepcrooky
21-08-2017, 05:28 PM

Absolutely stupid pass from Christie and Lewis should definitely have saved it. But Considine should also not have let the ball come across. It has been a common problem this season with dangerous crosses coming in from that wing. Think to earlier on Saturday when Haber hit the bar from a cross, the Hamilton game at home when their guy missed a sitter from a cross, the goal the Cypriots scored at Pittodrie in the few games we have played so far.

No-one is immune to a bad game (Shinnie was very poor on Saturday for example), but Andy's lack of pace is being seized upon by other teams, especially with no Hayes to double up in defence.

I like Andy, and he gives 100% every game. I just think he is becoming a liability, especially when Shinnie/Harvey could play there.

Aldo1983
21-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Absolutely stupid pass from Christie and Lewis should definitely have saved it. But Considine should also not have let the ball come across. It has been a common problem this season with dangerous crosses coming in from that wing. Think to earlier on Saturday when Haber hit the bar from a cross, the Hamilton game at home when their guy missed a sitter from a cross, the goal the Cypriots scored at Pittodrie in the few games we have played so far.

No-one is immune to a bad game (Shinnie was very poor on Saturday for example), but Andy's lack of pace is being seized upon by other teams, especially with no Hayes to double up in defence.

I like Andy, and he gives 100% every game. I just think he is becoming a liability, especially when Shinnie/Harvey could play there.

Should not have let the ball come across? That's really scraping the barrel in the all out attack of Considine. I'm well aware as everyone else is of his limitations but he is not at fault for that goal. To suggest otherwise is mental.

rico94
21-08-2017, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't say Considine was at fault for their goal but the boy Deacon who scored was too quick for him the whole game and put in some dangerous crosses.Another day a team with a fast winger will put away their chances.

I think everyone sees this a weakness in our team yet McInnes keeps playing him at left back.

Mason89
21-08-2017, 05:53 PM
It was a poor goal to lose & by the look of it, the whole team weren't great but after spending 20 years of playing shyte & losing, I'm just happy with the win.

It's best to save these discussions for when we get pumped. They're more fun

Aldo1983
21-08-2017, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't say Considine was at fault for their goal but the boy Deacon who scored was too quick for him the whole game and put in some dangerous crosses.Another day a team with a fast winger will put away their chances.

I think everyone sees this a weakness in our team yet McInnes keeps playing him at left back.

But it wasn't another day and he only scored because he was gifted a goal. I'm sure it'll be different against Celtic but that's not Considine's fault.

rico94
21-08-2017, 06:42 PM
But it wasn't another day and he only scored because he was gifted a goal. I'm sure it'll be different against Celtic but that's not Considine's fault.

I know it's not his fault but that still doesn't get away from the fact his lack of pace is a weakness in the team.

But if it doesn't bother you there is no point in moaning when we get beat by Celtic because one of their players has torn him to shreds.

Aldo1983
21-08-2017, 06:43 PM
I know it's not his fault but that still doesn't get away from the fact his lack of pace is a weakness in the team.

But if it doesn't bother you there is no point in moaning when we get beat by Celtic because one of their players has torn him to shreds.

I won't be moaning about it, I fully expect it. I also don't think we will get beat by Celtic because of Considine's pace.

rico94
21-08-2017, 07:03 PM
I won't be moaning about it, I fully expect it. I also don't think we will get beat by Celtic because of Considine's pace.

Considine pace won't be the only reason but certainly will be one I would expect.

Getintaethem
21-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Considine pace won't be the only reason but certainly will be one I would expect.

It's not Celtic I am worried about, it is the likes to St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs and even Sevco. If Dundee are able to expose his shortcomings, what about opposition that have not lost their first three games.

They will put a fast midfielder/winger against Considine and they will get crosses in. He will be beaten for pace. Going forward, I do not see where his threat is. Against Celtic, it could get embarrassing.

And as for the goal, he was beaten for pace. It's not his fault that he was put in that position, but when the shot came in Considine was nowhere near the boy. And as has been said before, it is happening all the time this season. With Hayes away, it has got worse. Hayes had pace and could snuff out attacks.

It is pretty clear we have a weakness on the left hand side of defence. We will lose/draw games because of it against sides that we expect to beat this season.

Feck_the_Huns
21-08-2017, 09:54 PM
It's not Celtic I am worried about, it is the likes to St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs and even Sevco. If Dundee are able to expose his shortcomings, what about opposition that have not lost their first three games.

They will put a fast midfielder/winger against Considine and they will get crosses in. He will be beaten for pace. Going forward, I do not see where his threat is. Against Celtic, it could get embarrassing.

And as for the goal, he was beaten for pace. It's not his fault that he was put in that position, but when the shot came in Considine was nowhere near the boy. And as has been said before, it is happening all the time this season. With Hayes away, it has got worse. Hayes had pace and could snuff out attacks.

It is pretty clear we have a weakness on the left hand side of defence. We will lose/draw games because of it against sides that we expect to beat this season.

I agree, this particular joke has gone on long enough. Its not as if Shinnie is pulling up trees in centre mid this season so I'd shunt him back to his position of trade at left back. Yeah you will lose his effectiveness when on form in centre mid but not as much as you miss his effectiveness at left back.

Or, we swap Consi and Reynolds round, out of the box thought