PDA

View Full Version : Is our squad OK now?

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
18-08-2017, 12:21 AM
On the presumption that Coyle Denton and Antonsson have been loaned out with a view they still have a future at Leeds, and that Murphy Diagouraga and possibly doukara don't have a future at Leeds (those 3 haven't been in an 18 yet this season), our squad is now the following :

Wiedwald Green BPF Berardi Ayling CBJ Anita Jansson Pennington Shaughnessy Cooper Okane Phillips Klich Vieira Bridcutt Saiz Hernandez Alioski Dallas Sacko Gomes Roofe Wood Ekuban

Baring in mind several of the above can play in multiple positions, and the option to cut Coyle Denton and Antonsson loans short if we get an injury crisis, do we have enough cover in all positions now? I'd worry if wood became unavailable and we still play with one upfront, for 2 upfront we have some decent pairs, but wood is the only genuine target man. Otherwise I really think our squad looks half decent now, do we really need any more players? Bar a target man striker?

CalverleyBoy
18-08-2017, 07:24 AM
On the presumption that Coyle Denton and Antonsson have been loaned out with a view they still have a future at Leeds, and that Murphy Diagouraga and possibly doukara don't have a future at Leeds (those 3 haven't been in an 18 yet this season), our squad is now the following :

Wiedwald Green BPF Berardi Ayling CBJ Anita Jansson Pennington Shaughnessy Cooper Okane Phillips Klich Vieira Bridcutt Saiz Hernandez Alioski Dallas Sacko Gomes Roofe Wood Ekuban

Baring in mind several of the above can play in multiple positions, and the option to cut Coyle Denton and Antonsson loans short if we get an injury crisis, do we have enough cover in all positions now? I'd worry if wood became unavailable and we still play with one upfront, for 2 upfront we have some decent pairs, but wood is the only genuine target man. Otherwise I really think our squad looks half decent now, do we really need any more players? Bar a target man striker?

Ask again in December when they have played on a couple of wet and freezing Saturdays at Leeds.

Silentman
18-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Nope, still need a decent striker option when Wood isn't firing as well as a decent CB, we can't rely on Shaughnessy for the whole season.

norfolk white
18-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Definitely need a striker as wood will probably on his way to Burnley, and a centre half, as if janssen gets suspended, as highly likely we have cooper who's unreliable and two very young stand ins.

joellufcprice
19-08-2017, 02:06 AM
Still need a proper left back, enough of this make shift nonsense, I like Berardi but him and Ayling should be fighting for right back where he belongs, he does a job for us at LB but having a proper left footer there who can get up and down the pitch would make us much more effective, like when Taylor was playing properly and not sulking.

I know we have Pennington but I still want a proper CB in like Bartley, as at the moment we have Cooper who I'm happy with as a back up and Pennington who I've seen very briefly and although he looks competent, he is still a fairly inexperienced player and then Shaughnessy who has looked like he can handle himself when called upon but again not experienced. Can CBJ play CB?

Then a striker and if Wood was to leave we need a top striker and a back up. At the moment we have Wood and the unproven Ekuban which isn't enough, need more options even if it is a loan signing from the Prem.

Silentman
19-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Good point Joel, I wasn't convinced with Anita at LB on Tuesday, too slow and too easy to get round him to the byline.

WTF11
19-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Think the answer to the thread title is.......no.

whitestomper45
19-08-2017, 12:32 PM
If their good enough...their old enough

joellufcprice
19-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Good point Joel, I wasn't convinced with Anita at LB on Tuesday, too slow and too easy to get round him to the byline.

I'm not convinced by Anita in general, don't mind him as a squad player but if he is starting regular then we've got a problem.

joellufcprice
19-08-2017, 12:36 PM
If their good enough...their old enough

I agree, but I'm coming from the view of we don't really know if he is good enough yet and I'd rather we didn't risk our season on a young CB coming good.

Rev72
19-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Well it looks like we are gonna need another striker at least with Wood going to Burnley.

joellufcprice
19-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Well it looks like we are gonna need another striker at least with Wood going to Burnley.

Yep, if this happens I don't think we're going up. Too many positions aren't up to scratch and we'd basically be without a striker which is stupidity imo regardless of the fee offered.

Rev72
19-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Yep, if this happens I don't think we're going up. Too many positions aren't up to scratch and we'd basically be without a striker which is stupidity imo regardless of the fee offered.

Agree joel..don't think we were going up anyway to be honest but with Wood going I can only see a mid table finish at best.

Building for next season is the way I see it now unfortunately.

Rev72
19-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Bridcutt on his way to forest as well by the looks of it.