PDA

View Full Version : Simple question

jacapus
18-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Is anyone still expecting a signature signing before the window ends? By that I mean a well known established name capable of going straight into the team. I do but there again have always been deluded at this stage in the window,

HughieG
18-08-2017, 10:22 AM
I don't expect any established PL player signings. But I'm happy enough with what we've signed so far. Could've been a better window, but after having seen us against Spurs (before Shelvey ****ed up) I'm actually quite comfortable. I'd like another striker though.

ghostrider
18-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Nothing is impossible at this stage.
The window nearing its closure has a weird way of enticing the buying and selling clubs to up the ante in attempting to get players over the line.
I'm willing to bet that we move on all of our surplus players, even if we end up offsetting their wages by reducing our asking prices.
I also think the same will happen with otehr clubs offloading their want away players, which we could end up bagging a household name.

We might not as well but the point is, all avenues are wide open, especially at this point.

Jammy89
18-08-2017, 12:05 PM
I don't know.

I think we'll get a couple of signings more but i really don't know whether one will be a signature signing.

I like to think so though.

Zippity
18-08-2017, 12:07 PM
We're being quite heavily linked with Jovetic.

Jammy89
18-08-2017, 12:19 PM
We're being quite heavily linked with Jovetic.

Like we were Perez?

Zippity
18-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Like we were Perez?

Aye. :blue:

waalsendmick
18-08-2017, 05:12 PM
we WILL spend, BUT, only if we sell (loads) first.

Haidara, Krul, Saivet, Riviere, Colback and Lazaar (preferable options to move on) need to be gone.
whilst any acceptable offers for De Jong, Mitro and Mbemba would all result in them leaving (but they would be replaced)