PDA

View Full Version : First Half

sinkov
18-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Some people may find these stats interesting, others may not.

In our 19 PL home games, only one away team came off leading at half time, that was Manchester United. We were leading in 6 games, the other 12 were half time draws, 9 of them 0-0. Only 5 of the 19 away teams managed to score a goal against us in the first half, United, City, Chelsea, Bournemouth and West Ham.

oldcolner
18-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Some people may find these stats interesting, others may not.

In our 19 PL home games, only one away team came off leading at half time, that was Manchester United. We were leading in 6 games, the other 12 were half time draws, 9 of them 0-0. Only 5 of the 19 away teams managed to score a goal against us in the first half, United, City, Chelsea, Bournemouth and West Ham.

Very Interesting, I hope that continues, but what about the second half - that's usually the scary bit - like last week.

thedonz
18-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Great piece of research . Better than the many useless stats you find these days.

Let's hope for a repeat this season.

sinkov
18-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I hope it's not useless donz, I'm going to start backing a 0-0 HT scoreline this season, see if I can make any money on that. I'm hopeful, I always thought Sean walked off at half time with an extra spring in his step when it was 0-0, just like that was part of his plan, and it was first half mission accomplished, now we'll have them in the 2nd half.

When I get the chance I'll check the outcome of the 0-0 games, see if my theory is correct.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-08-2017, 02:41 PM
We are a lot better this season.

2-0 to us at HT tomorrow. :D

sinkov
18-08-2017, 03:17 PM
We are a lot better this season.

2-0 to us at HT tomorrow. :D

I think we are BT, but Sean won't change, 0-0 HT, that'll still be the plan.........probably.

In Dyche We Trust
18-08-2017, 04:52 PM
we have never the Albion in the PL home or away so far and that run will continue on Saturday....

thedonz
18-08-2017, 05:27 PM
That cannot be denied but we have come close in the 2 home games.

They are a bogey team but there has never been a better time to play them.

I'm going on and know like the rest of the crowd , I will be nervous every time they get a corner or free kick.

sinkov
18-08-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm going on and know like the rest of the crowd , I will be nervous every time they get a corner or free kick.

Not as nervous as me donz, I've got Tarko playing for England in two years time, so I'm hoping he can cope with the niceties of Pulisball. My credibility, what little bit I have, will be shot to pieces if he can't. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
18-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Oh! Ye of little faith. At the full time whistle, 3-0 I tell thee!