PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy in Nelson

oldcolner
18-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Visiting mosques and speaking in parks promising uncosted free childcare, and more.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/politics/hundreds-flock-to-see-corbyn-in-pendle-1-8710537

alfinyalcabo
18-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Vine ?

sinkov
18-08-2017, 10:27 PM
It says Jeremy chatted to local women at the mosque in Brierfield. There's a nice photo of Jeremy being welcomed outside the mosque, I can count 17 men, there's not a woman in sight. Jeremy, the great champion of equality and women's rights, must not have noticed, bless him. On the left Islamism trumps Feminism, tough luck girls.

oldcolner
18-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Vine ?

Cor where you byn?

Altobelli
18-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Its "Jeremy" now is it Colner :)

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2017, 06:30 AM
It says Jeremy chatted to local women at the mosque in Brierfield. There's a nice photo of Jeremy being welcomed outside the mosque, I can count 17 men, there's not a woman in sight. Jeremy, the great champion of equality and women's rights, must not have noticed, bless him. On the left Islamism trumps Feminism, tough luck girls.

You spout some proper bollox sinkov! The male dominated Islamic culture is not an issue Jeremy Corbyn has got around to addressing yet.

I met the very likeable Leader of the Opposition party on Thursday in Horwich, he was pressing the flesh with delirious hordes of admirers from all genders, ages and cultures. He really does have a genuine presence. I like him!

At the other end of the political spectrum, outside our local chippy on the way home, we across...

In Dyche We Trust
19-08-2017, 06:38 AM
Lloyd?

oldcolner
19-08-2017, 07:02 AM
Its "Jeremy" now is it Colner :)

Forgive me for being over familiar!
It's Corbyn, you know the man who sacks ladies who speak the truth ..
About Muslims and offers things he doesn't know the cost of and sacks flack ladies who don't know the cost of, only to bring them back a week later.

outwoodclaret
19-08-2017, 07:35 AM
With that kind of guff Jezza should take over in Venezuela. He'd soon get them sorted and they've got the oil to pay for it all. Oh and again it's the old Islam is a religion of peace bit. Tell that to the people of Manchester, London, Paris, Barcelona etc etc. While there are many devout and peaceful Muslims there will be no debate about the very serious concerns about Islam as long as Corbyn and others just trot out the same old lines.

sinkov
19-08-2017, 07:45 AM
You spout some proper bollox sinkov! The male dominated Islamic culture is not an issue Jeremy Corbyn has got around to addressing yet.

You are most unfair BT, bollox indeed !! Everything I posted was factual, except for proffering the opinion that JC must not have noticed the male/female discrepancy in the welcoming party. If he had, as an ardent feminist, he would surely have demanded to know wtf was going on. I could have suggested that he accepted the situation in a cynical attempt to curry favour (no pun intended) and votes with the local muslim community, but I was kind to him, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and suggested he just hadn't noticed. What could be fairer than that ?
I too like Jeremy, he's a decent old cove, bit of a fraud, but then aren't all lefties. As a potential PM and leader of this country though I suspect he might be even more incompetent and disastrous than Theresa, and that would be going some.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Looks like the ladies love him too...

sinkov
19-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Looks like the ladies love him too...

That's an old photo BT, it was actually taken in Manchester Rd Burnley, just opposite the Town Hall steps. The lady in red has just seen Owen Coyle arrive to celebrate our promotion.

jiggles
19-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Went to see him - a bit disappointed. Arrived 50 minutes late, spoke for 20 minutes on auto-pilot (probably his ump****th speech that week to be fair) and I have to admit it wasn't very inspiring. Literally dozens of "we'll spend more on..."s but no realistic mention of where the money will come from.
I like the man but he's got to get some more realistic policies.

footy_le_bordel
19-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Visiting mosques and speaking in parks promising uncosted free childcare, and more.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/politics/hundreds-flock-to-see-corbyn-in-pendle-1-8710537

Perhaps he'll put that 1bn the Tories bunged to the DUP to better use.

jiggles
19-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Perhaps he'll put that 1bn the Tories bunged to the DUP to better use.

Apparently most of it will go on even more refurbishment of Len McCluskey's mansion. What's left should pay for Dianne's childrens higher education.