PDA

View Full Version : Takeover

asbin
18-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Reported we are in advanced talks re a takeover by a Chinese billionaire consortium. Same people who tried to takeover Middlesbrough.
Daily Mail

POGGYWELL
18-08-2017, 10:04 PM
link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4803892/Barnsley-takeover-talks-Chinese-billionaire.html

animallittle3
18-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately asbin and I say this through gritted teeth .

The only hope the club have of retaining a long term stay in the championship or pushing further on is to have such people owning the club .

All I want from these people is to sign the cheques and nothing else , stay in bloody China for me .

The problem is they want to come in and run it like their own businesses , they may know how to make cheap shyte tackle but they know feck all about football .

First thing they will do is hire a foreign coach , then sell the naming rights to the stadium .

Once they realise spending 50 million doesn't necessarily make you successful they will lose interest and it's in the lap of the gods the health they leave us in .

Dammed if you don't and potentially dammed if you do .

Swazer16
18-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Rather stay as we are, the one thing we do get is value for our money. All we will do is attract mercenaries.

Not saying these young lads have any ties with our club but they all want to improve and work their socks off! Unless your going to throw obscene money at it we would be on par with most of the Championship clubs, desperately clambering to get to the promised land paying stupid money!

Be very careful what you wish for!

animallittle3
18-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Rather stay as we are, the one thing we do get is value for our money. All we will do is attract mercenaries.

Not saying these young lads have any ties with our club but they all want to improve and work their socks off! Unless your going to throw obscene money at it we would be on par with most of the Championship clubs, desperately clambering to get to the promised land paying stupid money!

Be very careful what you wish for!

The thing is Swazer , every club in this league is practically owned by mega wealthy people and despite our efforts of late we will eventually go down and become unable to compete at all at this level .

At least 15 or 16 of these owners are throwing their money down the drain as only 3 clubs can get promoted .

However we either grab our chance and get a slice of this action while we sit in the chamlionship debt free or we become a league one club further down the line and even more behind the championship stock clubs .

We might have to accept these new owners just to compete at this level and nothing more .

Interesting situation developing as the story seems to have legs .

Acido
18-08-2017, 10:45 PM
I hate this subject to be honest, but its totally relevant to us right now and its something that we all must accept.
Mr. Cryne won't be here long term sadly and then something with the club has got to happen, especially as his family don't seem to want to take it over from him.

So what do we do eh lads, Id like to see all of us on here share our thoughts and opinions on this, because its going to happen sooner or later. :(

animallittle3
18-08-2017, 11:13 PM
It will be interesting to see what value the club is eventually sold at .

To tell the truth I wouldn't even know what it's worth in this day and age .

animallittle3
18-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Deal could be completed by the end of the month and they are looking to buy the ground back off BMBC .

Source is Darfield Red off the bbs board who is always bang on with the info and obviously has close links to the club .

Jules88
18-08-2017, 11:28 PM
I'd sooner drop down to League one and be owned by a local Butcher than have the b@stard Chinese own us. Don't care if we drop to the Conference. They haven't the money they say they have and will eventually ruin football in this country. Name one Chinese owned club successful in this country???!!!!

animallittle3
18-08-2017, 11:34 PM
I'd sooner drop down to League one and be owned by a local Butcher than have the b@stard Chinese own us. Don't care if we drop to the Conference. They haven't the money they say they have and will eventually ruin football in this country. Name one Chinese owned club successful in this country???!!!!

Well that's all well and good Jules and I understand your point .

What we have to remember is that PC doesn't really have much choice but to sell the club given his unfortunate health and this maybe is the best deal he can get .

The same consortium own French club Nice who have qualified for the champions league for the first time I believe .

At least they have some kind of footballing track record .

Jules88
18-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Can The club not be put in trust???? Surely?
I can't believe that his family will disregard and dishonour PCs passion, and hard work. And I can't believe that given his insistence that the club survives that he would allow ( and his family would allow) such possible instability , and to allow foreign unattached people to threaten the clubs existence I won't believe it until it happens......... if it does, I fear for the clubs existence

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Can The club not be put in trust???? Surely?
I can't believe that his family will disregard and dishonour PCs passion, and hard work. And I can't believe that given his insistence that the club survives that he would allow ( and his family would allow) such possible instability , and to allow foreign unattached people to threaten the clubs existence I won't believe it until it happens......... if it does, I fear for the clubs existence

Jules , this is football today warts n all , it appears to me that the Cryne family don't want the club after PC sadly passes other than a token stake I believe .

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't want the club to be at risk so I'm willing to trust his judgement on this .

We are a championship club who very wealthy people are seemingly interested in purchasing , mainly because we sit one level below the big league and carry no debt .

The days of local businessmen running championship clubs are all but over and if we want to remain at this level then we may have to accept it .

pass_and_move
19-08-2017, 06:06 AM
I'm dubious myself. They're not planning to plough in loads of money so what do they exactly want in return from their investment ?

People like these aren't interested in anything other than making money. Maybe I'm being judgemental here but what possible interest is Barnsley FC to a Chinese billionaire? To get the success they crave then they need to whack in a wedge of their own money and be willing to lose it.

We don't know enough info as yet but I think Jules makes a great point about the limited success Chinese ownership has brought english clubs.

This possible takeover will split fans opinion. Whichever way it goes we must remember there are no guarantees. For the record I like the way things are being done at present. This Chinese deal will certainly put a new slant on things

DOOALI
19-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Sell sell sell its unfortunately the sign of the times like it or not

SBRed48
19-08-2017, 07:49 AM
It's got lost in the translation.

It's a takeaway, not a takeover.

Mr Foo Kin Nice Chicken Spice Hut on Sheffield Rd.(No 42 wi prawn crackers recommended)

Dunt want 'em. Rather be a local club in League One laikin at "Oakwell".

asbin
19-08-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure I'm 100% behind the takeover, however, if we stay as we are I fear we will be left behind. The money being spent on transfers is ridiculous and there is no way we can compete with the teams with very rich owners.
I'm glad to hear they have stated they are not piling in loads of money, so as long as we keep our heads above water and compete in the championship, that will do me.
Keeping Hecky as head coach is a must along with the way we are going about the way the club is run. Other clubs are using us as an example now and we are turning heads.
What I would like to come out of this is a new stand to replace the old west stand and be named after Norman. The new owners can change the name of the ground if they want as a sweetener.
Interesting times ahead on and off the field. I feel we have a bright future in the long run. At least the consortium have experience of running a club being owners of Nice.

MattyB1
19-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Its worrying for me as weve seen what foreign investment can do to clubs. Although if the deal involves the Cryne's keeping a part of the club and remaining in the board room, it could be a great thing. All depends on the finer details for me. First things first, lets beat them lot darn't road today!! U reds!!!

upthecolliers
19-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Bring it on then maybe we might start paying our players championship wages and not selling them every transfer window.

6ozDave
19-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Sword of Damocles this.
They are investors looking for return on investment. I'm sure they have done their homework and seen what went wrong for others before.
News suggests they won't throw silly money at it but feel they can fund a tilt at promotion... perhaps they see us as a feeder team for Nice? Didn't the same approach by an Italian owner get Watford comfortable in Prem?
Like others I would prefer us developing players and working for success than paying ridiculous sums to soulless mercenaries.
Jury out for me. 70-30 it would be a good thing.

DOOALI
19-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Everyone seems to think good or bad but what they are thinking is neither here or there PC put the club up for sale and it doesn't matter if the buyer is Chinese Russian or any other nationality the crynes still hold a small stake in club the fans don't come into it PC has said he will only sell to someone with the club at heart we will see wether it's now or later

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:07 AM
The return on their investment isn't necessarily in cash , bear with me .

It's exposure they seek , because of the popularity of the english game worldwide football offers them a huge marketing platform .

They may well see more business owning an english football club than we can imagine .

Look how owning Man City has totally changed the Etihad brand , I'd hardly heard of it before they bought the club .

EastStandRed
19-08-2017, 09:11 AM
This deal will definitely happen. Probably.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:12 AM
It's got lost in the translation.

It's a takeaway, not a takeover.

Mr Foo Kin Nice Chicken Spice Hut on Sheffield Rd.(No 42 wi prawn crackers recommended)

Dunt want 'em. Rather be a local club in League One laikin at "Oakwell".

Somebody has to own the club SB , if no local group comes forward then what ?

Doggydo
19-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Bring it on then maybe we might start paying our players championship wages and not selling them every transfer window.

Good point collier, I'm not bothered about them coming in and paying the silly money that's being asked for less than average player, as you say I'd be happy if they put money into players contracts to bring them more in line with most of the other championship clubs and create some continuity within our squad without the fear of loosing our players every transfer window.

Exiletyke
19-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Somebody has to own the club SB , if no local group comes forward then what ?

Don't forget the other player in this
Barnsley own half the ground don't they?
with Gov't cuts to Council funding won't they be as keen as anyone to raise some cash?

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Don't forget the other player in this
Barnsley own half the ground don't they?
with Gov't cuts to Council funding won't they be as keen as anyone to raise some cash?

Well you would presume so exile given the budget they are expected to deliver services on .

It seems to me as colliers points out very well that they won't be throwing multi millions at it but more giving us the chance to keep our players by placing them on championship wages .

I would imagine that would sit very well with the majority of fans unless playing in league one and owned by Potts of Wombwell tickles your fancy of course .

tarnmad
19-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Pc will do what's best for him and the club , I trust him to sell to someone with the clubs best interest at heart because we're no cash cow are we

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 10:36 AM
The only thing that is bugging me is the fact that sadly PC is under extreme pressure to sell the club .

He probably wants to ensure that all his business affairs are sorted and his family are not exposed to them .

This is a very different scenario to selling the club and retirement .

The only thing we can hope for is that the club moves forward and prospers and I'm certain PC does have that in his thoughts .

DOOALI
19-08-2017, 11:06 AM
PC is a business man he's got back the money he's (invested) and he hasn't put money into club from the goodness of his heart hence the PLAN you all keep forgetting this.Yes he's a fan but business is business and he WILL sell come what may

lk311
19-08-2017, 11:18 AM
WE have no choice but to trust his judgement, for me he has always seen to put the clubs interest at heart before his.
BTW, they signed up players like Balotelli and Schneider for Nice, not expecting similar(and hoping not too), but does make you wonder definition of splashing cash?

Romared
19-08-2017, 11:22 AM
They luv Red shirts too !!
Not much us fans can do really is there ? We will have to hope P C makes the right decision

yorkshireborn
19-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Well you would presume so exile given the budget they are expected to deliver services on .

It seems to me as colliers points out very well that they won't be throwing multi millions at it but more giving us the chance to keep our players by placing them on championship wages .

I would imagine that would sit very well with the majority of fans unless playing in league one and owned by Potts of Wombwell tickles your fancy of course .

i wouldn't say no to being owned by Potts i love there custard slices and there pies are mile better than them puker pies.

SBRed48
19-08-2017, 04:46 PM
I wuddn't say no to being owned by Turners of Jump.

The Percy Turner Pie East Stand.

Keep it Local !

No Chinese here. We will build a wall rarnd Oakwell and the Chinese will pay forrit. Make BFC Great.

Acido
19-08-2017, 05:10 PM
i wouldn't say no to being owned by Potts i love there custard slices and there pies are mile better than them puker pies.

We've already got one too many Potts in the team YB. :P

upthecolliers
19-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I only hope Tump don't jump in and trump these China men because it would be K.K.K. and far right groups only allowed in Oakwell with Nigel Farage as manager. :D

Romared
19-08-2017, 05:32 PM

Potters pies ? From Wombwell

Romared
19-08-2017, 05:40 PM
I wuddn't say no to being owned by Turners of Jump.

The Percy Turner Pie East Stand.

Keep it Local !

No Chinese here. We will build a wall rarnd Oakwell and the Chinese will pay forrit. Make BFC Great. the watyoowant West stand , Soy sauce south stand, Noodles north stand , Pancake roll Ponty end stand,!!

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 05:41 PM
And in true tarn style the deal will be completed the day after the transfer window shuts .

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 05:43 PM
the watyoowant West stand , Soy sauce south stand, Noodles north stand , Pancake roll Ponty end stand,!!

That's just plain prawn crackers :-)

DOOALI
19-08-2017, 05:51 PM
It'll be only time they'll be a STAR on red shirt

SBRed48
19-08-2017, 05:55 PM
A Chinese bloke has just burst into the Hecky Press Conference and rushed to grab the microphone.

"Ho Lee F00k" cry the journalists.

"Correct" sez the bloke. I am new owner.

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 06:01 PM
On todays shower it cant happen quickly enough for me. Preferably before the window shuts. Potts n' Williams never been footballers while ever i've hole in my ar5e :D

Acido
19-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Ive said it many times Ponty, I still reckon Sessi would have done a much better job than Williams in that ball winning defensive midfield role.
As for this takeover of the club, it sounds like its getting momentum now and isn't just idle gossip anymore. Worrying times ahead for the Tykes maybe. :?

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 07:24 PM
I'd be more worried if Sailor Sid off Barnsley Market bought the club for a jar of sherbert lemons and a bag of cola cubes .

Romared
19-08-2017, 07:25 PM
On todays shower it cant happen quickly enough for me. Preferably before the window shuts. Potts n' Williams never been footballers while ever i've hole in my ar5e :D

Agree withi abart Williams , get our own laikin fust , Kay and Bird are a lot better than that scouse wimp
he tackles like a moth

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 07:54 PM
I hope he ( Williams) hasn't signed one of them silly play every week deals Roma. What scares me most is we've spent 300k on a lad in Mallan seemingly with world at his feet. Now home sickness or not one of best remedies for me is getting out on pitch n' strutting your stuff. How dis heartening must it be for lad seeing Williams n' Potts faffing about like pott pri cks n' not getting a look in?

Same sentiment applies to Bird and Kay mate. Some serious issues regarding pecking order for me.

Controversial I know but Hecky's tactics n' team selections are leaving alot to be desired. As they were last season. If memory serves me correct Bradshaw hardly kicked a ball until october. Thus far this season with support he's had and service it's a miracle he's got three goals.

Takeover cant come soon enough for me. Offer Hecky his academy job back.

DOOALI
19-08-2017, 08:09 PM
It's same old story when everything was running smoothly it was easy for PH the team picked itself now he's got a new team he has now got to show us what he's made of

Acido
19-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Controversial I know but Hecky's tactics n' team selections are leaving alot to be desired. As they were last season. If memory serves me correct Bradshaw hardly kicked a ball until october. Thus far this season with support he's had and service it's a miracle he's got three goals. Takeover cant come soon enough for me. Offer Hecky his academy job back.

Yes its a bit controversial Ponty, but I was starting to think the same about Hecky last season and I didn't want to just put it all down to the 'January window' excuse again.
Id like to know once and for all if he is the one who has the final say on players, because theres this niggling feeling that somebody else is pulling those particular strings.
We're not giving ourselves the best possible chance of survival if we insist on this plan, the plan where all potential great signings will be ignored simply because they are beyond the 25 yr old age bracket. This is a ridiculous and naive idea and I bet it frustrates the hell out of Hecky.

And as you say give him his old academy role back again, who would you want to see as manager/head coach then ?.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Hecky doesn't have the final say , he's one voice within the group .

Just getting rid of Hecky doesn't work unless the whole group goes with him .

Look he's had the heart and soul ripped out of his team and he's had to replace them with lower league inexperienced players , who wouldn't struggle under those circumstances .

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 08:37 PM
It's a strange one Acido because I agree with the up and coming model mate. Someone whose always struck me as firm n' fair n' good with money is Paul Tisdale at Exeter. He could do worse than having Steve Perryman as his advisor here too. However, that would be under current model. If we're taken over maybe someone like Gian Luca Vialli. He loves Oakwell afterall ;D

Romared
19-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Hecky needs to start playing to our so called strengths , he seems rather negative just now ? Odd formations 4 1 4 1 today ? That's O K if the front 4 back up the loan striker , from what I've heard and read that didn't happen today, he has said he doesn't know his best 11 ? Why doesn't he ? He is with them all week in training ? Perhaps he should stop the days off and train them until they do understand the system/s , your team now Hecky , sort it quick please ,

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 08:45 PM
He's managing this club with one hand tied behind his back .

Everyone struggles here in this league , Davey , Keef , Flicker , Wilson and now Hecky is finding it tough .

Money , simple as that .

Romared
19-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Hecky doesn't have the final say , he's once voice within the group .

We heard that last week from ESR , however the group don't pick the Team , Hecky does and from what has been said by those that went it was negative rubbish , i think Sky went to Neil Mellor around 3 times only today ( he was reporting ) and each time he said the blades were in total control ,

Acido
19-08-2017, 08:48 PM
I wonder if the step up from lower leagues or even non league to Champship is the same for managers/coaches, like it is with players.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 08:50 PM
We heard that last week from ESR , however the group don't pick the Team , Hecky does and from what has been said by those that went it was negative rubbish , i think Sky went to Neil Mellor around 3 times only today ( he was reporting ) and each time he said the blades were in total control ,

If the collective group have brought to the club a bag of shyte then what do you expect him to do ?

Romared
19-08-2017, 08:51 PM
He's managing this club with one hand tied behind his back .

Everyone struggles here in this league , Davey , Keef , Flicker , Wilson and now Hecky is finding it tough .

Money , simple as that . he's had more money than any of them you have mentioned ,

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 08:54 PM
he's had more money than any of them you have mentioned ,

He's raised more money than any of them too , he's had about 6 million to build a new team with to compete in the championship .

6 million is peanuts , 6 million buys you half of Jordan Rhodes .

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 08:55 PM
At least pick best of a bad bunch. Williams and Potts are crap. It doesn't even take a football genius to see that. We'd lost that match in Oakwell car park. Tha's got me repeatin' mi' sen nar mate ;D

Romared
19-08-2017, 08:58 PM
If the collective group have brought to the club a bag of shyte then what do you expect him to do ?

Well I'm sure many could cobble a side together and give a decent account of the players they have brought in , even tho it would be an 8 man midfield :P, He is the Head Coach ? His job is to play his Best /strongest side at all times isn't it ? As much as I like him , he isn't above some critism either

EastStandRed
19-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Hecky needs to start playing to our so called strengths , he seems rather negative just now ? Odd formations 4 1 4 1 today ? That's O K if the front 4 back up the loan striker , from what I've heard and read that didn't happen today, he has said he doesn't know his best 11 ? Why doesn't he ? He is with them all week in training ? Perhaps he should stop the days off and train them until they do understand the system/s , your team now Hecky , sort it quick please ,

Agree with that. Sometimes managers have success and then start to believe their own hype and start to tinker too much trying to be clever. Get back to what works . Pressing and closing teams down fast . In their faces and then get it out wide . We need a ball winner in the middle and I don't think Williams is the answer by the sounds though I'm only going on what I've heard as haven't seen them play yet .

Acido
19-08-2017, 09:02 PM
he's had more money than any of them you have mentioned ,

I wonder Roma, which of our managers has peed away the most money on the most garbage ?.
I bet some would say Simon Davey straight away, but I bet thats not actually true. And this is always about opinion anyway, one good signing might be rubbish to somebody else.

Romared
19-08-2017, 09:03 PM
He's raised more money than any of them too , he's had about 6 million to build a new team with to compete in the championship .

6 million is peanuts , 6 million buys you half of Jordan Rhodes . thing is he hasent raised that money ! That was done by the network of scouts Danny Wilson had in place , tell me a player that Hecky has brought in and made money on ? Previous managers have created this income not Hecky.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Well I'm sure many could cobble a side together and give a decent account of the players they have brought in , even tho it would be an 8 man midfield :P, He is the Head Coach ? His job is to play his Best /strongest side at all times isn't it ? As much as I like him , he isn't above some critism either

No he isn't above criticism and he does make mistakes .

But let's look at this for what it is , he's trying to keep us in a league on peanuts and not only that he can't sign who he wants and he must stick to an age criteria .

Every feckin player who shines is sold and he gets next to feck all to replace them with .

Killed his pig this plan for me and it's baked his head and now he doesn't know his ass from his elbow .

There isn't anyone who will do better because the plan in footballing terms is flawed .

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:18 PM
thing is he hasent raised that money ! That was done by the network of scouts Danny Wilson had in place , tell me a player that Hecky has brought in and made money on ? Previous managers have created this income not Hecky.

Rhubarb

Hecky turned em into valuable players , they were mid table or rock bottom of league one under Wilson and the midget going no where .

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:25 PM
I wonder Roma, which of our managers has peed away the most money on the most garbage ?.
I bet some would say Simon Davey straight away, but I bet thats not actually true. And this is always about opinion anyway, one good signing might be rubbish to somebody else.

Danny Wilson pyssed away the most money during the summer of 97 .

Romared
19-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Who has he signed and got decent money for ? It's not Rhubarb at all and you know it too , Wilson brought Davies , Scowen , Hourihane , Winnall , Roberts ( you may disagree on that ) you would be wrong though he was lined up well before ,

Romared
19-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Danny Wilson pyssed away the most money during the summer of 97 .
It was a group thing ;D Dennis, Hayselden, and Co , like kids in a spice shop ,

Acido
19-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Why am I not surprised at you saying Danny Wilson eh Animal ?. ;D
Lets compare two players who were signed by different managers for roughly the same amount eh, about 1.5 mill... Georghi Hristov & Mike Sheron.
Wouldn't we all say they were both a waste of money, but Sheron was arguably the biggest disappointment.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Who has he signed and got decent money for ? It's not Rhubarb at all and you know it too , Wilson brought Davies , Scowen , Hourihane , Winnall , Roberts ( you may disagree on that ) you would be wrong though he was lined up well before ,

The midget had Roberts on the bench for a long stint as I remember .

I remember the Fleetwood home leg in the JPT and Mawson was a car crash , I wouldn't have given you 5k for him .

Hourihane really bloomed when the midget fecked off but to be fair he did alright under Wilson .

Marley did nowt in year one either and only stepped up last season really .

Look Wilson aint here now , he got the sack because the results were shyte , the midget would have got the peddler too in any other era under PC .

Fecking hell it aint rocket science why we got promoted and did very well for the first half of last season .

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Everyone harps on about the last 18 months being best ever. However, the last six of that have been particularly crap. Cast your minds back to first six months of the 10/11 season and a young Hammill tearing at defenders backed up by Jason Shackell and Mcevelly in defence with a budding Butterfield. What happened next? Then 11/12 Butterfield, Vaz Te, Drinkwater, Davies and the team broken up after a total demolition of Leeds on New Years Eve. Then onto last season. That doesn't need any reprise. The problems remain the same and they start higher up than Heckingbottom. Where this differs though is the 2010/11 team was built by Robins the 2011/12 was built by Hill. The 2016/17 team was built by Lee Johnson and Danny Wilson. The 2017/18 team was built by Paul Heckingbottom. No one else has had Championship money to spend on consecutative seasons which is more than the previous incumbents can boast. (Hill being an exception as he had to work under ffp two years early walking a tightrope with two broken legs). Even though his personality alone made me glad to see Mr Cryne present him his p45.

We cant be taken over quick enough.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Why am I not surprised at you saying Danny Wilson eh Animal ?. ;D
Lets compare two players who were signed by different managers for roughly the same amount eh, about 1.5 mill... Georghi Hristov & Mike Sheron.
Wouldn't we all say they were both a waste of money, but Sheron was arguably the biggest disappointment.

What about Tinkler , Krizan and Markstedt ?

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Everyone harps on about the last 18 months being best ever. However, the last six of that have been particularly crap. Cast your minds back to first six months of the 10/11 season and a young Hammill tearing at defenders backed up by Jason Shackell and Mcevelly in defence with a budding Butterfield. What happened next? Then 11/12 Butterfield, Vaz Te, Drinkwater, Davies and the team broken up after a total demolition of Leeds on New Years Eve. Then onto last season. That doesn't need any reprise. The problems remain the same and they start higher up than Heckingbottom. Where this differs though is the 2010/11 team was built by Robins the 2011/12 was built by Hill. The 2016/17 team was built by Lee Johnson and Danny Wilson. The 2017/18 team was built by Paul Heckingbottom. No one else has had Championship money to spend on consecutative seasons which is more than the previous incumbents can boast. (Hill being an exception as he had to work under ffp two years early walking a tightrope with two broken legs). Even though his personality alone made me glad to see Mr Cryne present him his p45.

Go on then steve lets have a name who can do better than hecky under the present club plan ?

Acido
19-08-2017, 09:58 PM

What about them, I was asking about two players who cost us roughly 1.5 mill. We didn't pay that much for those players did we, but I do agree that they were naff, and in Tinkler's case he was naff AND over rated!.

Romared
19-08-2017, 10:06 PM
I thought Tinkler and Krizan were decent , Krizan got crippled in a match against the Blunts ( Devlin ) never recovered after that , Markstedt always looked weak apart from an outstanding performance at Anfield when Wardy won us the match , i still think that second half lasted about 3 hours

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 10:06 PM
What about them, I was asking about two players who cost us roughly 1.5 mill. We didn't pay that much for those players did we, but I do agree that they were naff, and in Tinkler's case he was naff AND over rated!.

In 1997 the money Wilson wasted was a serious sum , Tinkler was 750k , Krizan 450k , not sure about Markstedt , what ever it was it was too much .

Look Danny had his day in the sun and fair play to him for making our dreams come true but time is a great barometer of a managers worth and it's set at league one play off , anything above that level and he failed .

It is what it is and I don't write the history .

Romared
19-08-2017, 10:15 PM
He's probably what we need right now though , look at some of the players he has unearthed , he has a strong connection here , has an eye for spotting talent , he signed some duffers , but overall he brought more good players here than bad , and has done that at every club he has been at ,

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 10:21 PM
He's probably what we need right now though , look at some of the players he has unearthed , he has a strong connection here , has an eye for spotting talent , he signed some duffers , but overall he brought more good players here than bad , and has done that at every club he has been at ,

I said the other week he could do a good job as a director of football type role , loads of experience and seen both sides of football .

I don't dislike the bloke at all , feckin hell he relegated wendy and they've never seen the PL since .

Just don't buy the god like status despite his first spell here .

Romared
19-08-2017, 10:40 PM
And the God like status regarding Bobby Hassell is becoming cringeworthy too , how has he dropped so lucky down here , disliked by all when he first joined , then turned into an hero ( fair enough ) looked after given a yrs contract but never played , testimonial , went to play in India ? And drops on his feet back here , nice work Bobby lad , what is his role exactly :?

Acido
19-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Hill being an exception as he had to work under ffp two years early walking a tightrope with two broken legs. Even though his personality alone made me glad to see Mr Cryne present him his p45. We cant be taken over quick enough.

That is the main reason why I went off Keef, it was his somewhat ignorant attitude and those comments about the tightrope were just pathetic weren't they. I/we couldn't say that he would've been a much better manager if he didn't have the Ffp forced on him, but that subject does cross my mind the more I think about it.
As for the proposed takeover Ponty, I really don't know whether this will be a good thing or not, but I know its got to happen of course because of Mr.Cryne's ill health.

Romared
19-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Stadia Wan kin

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 11:13 PM
And the God like status regarding Bobby Hassell is becoming cringeworthy too , how has he dropped so lucky down here , disliked by all when he first joined , then turned into an hero ( fair enough ) looked after given a yrs contract but never played , testimonial , went to play in India ? And drops on his feet back here , nice work Bobby lad , what is his role exactly :?

I don't know what his role is other than glancing his eye towards Hecky's job possibly .

If the take over happens he won't get a sniff because things are set to change .

Look I get this sentimental self sufficiency sticking two fingers up to the big clubs and holding our own but we all know deep down it's unsustainable as a model .

To keep us in this league and our natural home we need bucks and I'm fecked off with this losing our top players because keeping this club on a self sufficiency model is killing us where it counts the most , on the field .

If we want to remain a championship club or at least have a realistic shot at it then we have to accept that big bucks chinks are the only show in town to make it happen .

Stay as we are and fall into the league one club mantra or give ourselves an opportunity to remain at this level and have a go further up perhaps .

This is modern day football at championship level , local well meaning businessmen aren't anywhere near financially capable of delivering the product we historically enjoy .

At least someone wants to buy us and give us a shot at it , I'm personally amazed there's anybody at all .

You spend what you need to spend and the chinks cover the shortfall , forget self sufficiency at this level it's unrealistic even if the moral compass is correct .

Feckin hell lets compete guys , fecked off with struggling our ass off .

Jules88
19-08-2017, 11:51 PM

Time youstopped thinking negative thoughts about BFC and got your little swimmers lined up for the attack on the PRIZE.... all that W@nking and the disappointment will have weakened them...

EastStandRed
20-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Academy Manager

EastStandRed
20-08-2017, 09:17 AM
At least someone wants to buy us and give us a shot at it , I'm personally amazed there's anybody at all .

The only reason they'd be interested in buying Barnsley FC is because of the 'plan' put in place which everyone keeps slagging off.

The plan of buying young hungry players with a potential sell on fee has won us a cup and got us promotion back to the Championship

More importantly for would be investors it's generated millions of pounds , enough to make us one of the only clubs in the league debt free and even have funds in the bank . If we were where we are now but with an ageing squad and still owing £10m plus in loans etc they wouldn't have come near us .

The fact that we're running in profit and in the Championship with a decent size untapped fan base makes us quite attractive to buyers now. Non of this would have happened without the plan and cashing in on our players .

We've had a poorish start but are not in the bottom 3 and propping up the table so it's not as much doom and gloom as some make it .

All hail the Plan because without it we'd be drifting into the abyss ;D

GUNTERYY36
20-08-2017, 10:12 AM
There's going to be some red faces when this proposed takeover is seen to be no more than a hoax.

animallittle3
20-08-2017, 10:16 AM
The only reason they'd be interested in buying Barnsley FC is because of the 'plan' put in place which everyone keeps slagging off.

The plan of buying young hungry players with a potential sell on fee has won us a cup and got us promotion back to the Championship

More importantly for would be investors it's generated millions of pounds , enough to make us one of the only clubs in the league debt free and even have funds in the bank . If we were where we are now but with an ageing squad and still owing £10m plus in loans etc they wouldn't have come near us .

The fact that we're running in profit and in the Championship with a decent size untapped fan base makes us quite attractive to buyers now. Non of this would have happened without the plan and cashing in on our players .

We've had a poorish start but are not in the bottom 3 and propping up the table so it's not as much doom and gloom as some make it .

All hail the Plan because without it we'd be drifting into the abyss ;D

Alternatively given we were under no pressure to sell in January ( club statement ) we could have kept our players , added some strength to the squad and beat Huddersfield in the play off final .

I take it you'd agree that the club would have gained even more value and attracted investors as a PL club , debt free with a relatively untapped fan base .

All speculative of course but no more speculative than the plan the club operates today .

animallittle3
20-08-2017, 10:23 AM
There's going to be some red faces when this proposed takeover is seen to be no more than a hoax.

Ant n Dec disguised as chinese businessmen pyssing themselves as Baz runs around Oakwell showing them round thinking he's in for a nice pension .

Ha ha , luv it :-) :-) :-)

GUNTERYY36
20-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Ant n Dec disguised as chinese businessmen pyssing themselves as Baz runs around Oakwell showing them round thinking he's in for a nice pension .

Ha ha , luv it :-) :-) :-)

Ant and Dec disguised as Chinese businessman...Saturday night takeover? I'm sure they could, they already masquerade as comedians.

EastStandRed
20-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Alternatively given we were under no pressure to sell in January ( club statement ) we could have kept our players , added some strength to the squad and beat Huddersfield in the play off final .

I take it you'd agree that the club would have gained even more value and attracted investors as a PL club , debt free with a relatively untapped fan base .

All speculative of course but no more speculative than the plan the club operates today .

I'd have kept Hourihane yes. But sold the other 2

EastStandRed
20-08-2017, 10:45 AM

Could be a ploy to make another club start talking to them again .... like Hull !

animallittle3
20-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Wonder if the figure the chinese are paying for the club will be undisclosed ?

Exiletyke
20-08-2017, 12:14 PM
We'll never know [if it happens ] just how generous PC has been.... or not [as the case may be]

POGGYWELL
20-08-2017, 12:40 PM
We'll never know [if it happens ] just how generous PC has been.... or not [as the case may be]

OR NOT - the man saved us!

EastStandRed
20-08-2017, 01:02 PM

He'd been about £8m generous hadn't he

Exiletyke
20-08-2017, 01:09 PM
OR NOT - the man saved us!

Do you think PC will realise a return on his loan [loans] [investment ] if so how much?

Simple question to which none of us has the answer

Exiletyke
20-08-2017, 01:10 PM
He'd been about £8m generous hadn't he

Has he been paid any of his loans back ?

POGGYWELL
20-08-2017, 01:12 PM
If a Billionaire comes in I would hope he's repaid most of it and deservedly so but something we will never know.

Ponte_Steve24
20-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Bit personal Jules no need to pontificate further. I've made my point ;D

EastStandRed
20-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Has he been paid any of his loans back ?

The last accounts he was owed about £7m , I'd expect he's taken some back now . I'd do the same tbh

animallittle3
20-08-2017, 02:10 PM
I think if the cryne family get reimbursed on their investment plus two million for loss of interest , time and stress and whatever they gain from the sale of the club then I think it's fair to say they have done alright financially that is and I wouldn't begrudge them a penny .

I'd be interested to know why the wish to keep a 20% stake in the club though .

Jules88
20-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Bit personal Jules no need to pontificate further. I've made my point ;D

Agreed mate... sorry...

Ponte_Steve24
20-08-2017, 02:23 PM
No problem Jules. I'm sorry for taking things to heart other night mate :D

Lolmorgan
20-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Millers fan in peace,well what can I say apart from good luck lads.I think your young fans will love it,but like me a bit of a traditionalist must older fans will not.A bit more money so you can play on a level playing field with the championships big boys would be nice & if nothing else it will PISS the Wendy massives of so it's not all bad.

animallittle3
20-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Millers fan in peace,well what can I say apart from good luck lads.I think your young fans will love it,but like me a bit of a traditionalist must older fans will not.A bit more money so you can play on a level playing field with the championships big boys would be nice & if nothing else it will PISS the Wendy massives of so it's not all bad.

Thanks for that lolmorgan , much appreciated mate .

Exiletyke
20-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Thanks for that lolmorgan , much appreciated mate .

Ditto