PDA

View Full Version : MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Barnsley

Not_A_Cheat
19-08-2017, 06:46 AM
Well it's back to BDBL for the visit of our South Yorkshire 'rivals' :) Barnsley. Sure to arrive with a good following, and have had a steady enough start to the new season - albeit only turning one of those games into a victory. As we've played three teams likely to be challenging for promotion, it's a bit too early to try to compare where each team are in terms of quality, but today gives us that chance. Again should a very good crowd, and though the home games are the ones we need to be winning, this is not a match to be taken lightly.

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched probably starting?

Brooks a 'full' league debut?

Who comes in for Stearman?

Brayford seemingly heading out the door?

I think, at home, we should have enough to be beating a side who is expected to struggle. But both teams are keen to register points on the board in these type of games, so will be no easy task. I'm hopeful though, and I think a 3-1 Blades win will calm those (minority) who seem to already be raising questions (which is rediculous in my opinion at this stage). Ched goal and a Sharp double :)

UTB

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
19-08-2017, 06:55 AM
A six point game so early in the season,i think it is.

Be nice to hammer the dingles.

The game is remembered for three disallowed goals,10 yellow cards,2 red cards,1 penalty,and 4 goals.

rodcurrie
19-08-2017, 06:57 AM
Well it's back to BDBL for the visit of our South Yorkshire 'rivals' :) Barnsley. Sure to arrive with a good following, and have had a steady enough start to the new season - albeit only turning one of those games into a victory. As we've played three teams likely to be challenging for promotion, it's a bit too early to try to compare where each team are in terms of quality, but today gives us that chance. Again should a very good crowd, and though the home games are the ones we need to be winning, this is not a match to be taken lightly.

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched probably starting?

Brooks a 'full' league debut?

Who comes in for Stearman?

Brayford seemingly heading out the door?

I think, at home, we should have enough to be beating a side who is expected to struggle. But both teams are keen to register points on the board in these type of games, so will be no easy task. I'm hopeful though, and I think a 3-1 Blades win will calm those (minority) who seem to already be raising questions (which is rediculous in my opinion at this stage). Ched goal and a Sharp double :)

UTBBarnsley won't be easy,like us they have a very good manager who's one of their own but i tip a 3-2 win for us.I think Evans could start but i expect BROOKSY to be on't bench,wi possibly Duffy replacin Carruthers.UTCB

Ayamonteblade
19-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Would love to think we could score 3 goals today but haven't seen enough so far to suggest we will. So will take a 1-1 draw and hope to be proved wrong.

Crowd will be about 26557.

benditlike_Borbokis
19-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Ched not starting today 🙁

JonnyEdge
19-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Well done Clarke you f*cking clown. Absolutely no need for that

Ayamonteblade
19-08-2017, 01:17 PM
A much better performance - should have won by more...........and we move up into a playoff position ::D

FatherKnowsBest
19-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Puts the last few days panicking into context. Barnsley are exactly the sort of bang average side we should be beating if we are to finish mid-table. Great result.

diode_blade
19-08-2017, 02:12 PM
A much better performance - should have won by more...........and we move up into a playoff position ::D
Slowly but surely does it aya...

Twirlo70
19-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Barnsley won't be easy,like us they have a very good manager who's one of their own but i tip a 3-2 win for us.I think Evans could start but i expect BROOKSY to be on't bench,wi possibly Duffy replacin Carruthers.UTCBbarnsley were easy,they were awful

rodcurrie
19-08-2017, 02:54 PM
barnsley were easy,they were awfulYes they were poor today Twirls,but them last 10 mins dragged a bit for me,cos we were only a mistake away from not havin a deserved win.I thought Hamill was poor for them and apparently he had a r8 game against the Scabs on Tuesday.I wished BROOKSY's effort had gone in instead of rollin along the line and then hittin the post,once again he was good when he came on i thought,always lookin to cause problems for them.I thought Freeman played well today,as did Flecky the Magic hat and i must mention Jake Wright,i thought it was a good performance and we shudda won more easily.I was disapointed wi the crowd number tho,i thought we wudda had more than the Brentford game given that Barnsley sold out what we gave em.UTCB

GrayBlade
19-08-2017, 02:57 PM
The Duffmeister was outstanding, Fleck is getting back to his best and Brookes is really looking the part. I just hope we've still got him when the window closes.

The only negatives are that we should have absolutely mullered them and as long as it was still 1-0 I feared they'd sposs a goa, and what the hell was Clarke thinking of? If he'd kept his hands down we could have had a man advantage. As it is we need another body in up front. He'll be out for 3 games, Lavery is out of favour and Hanson is still not fit. As for Ched, I thought he looked really off the pace today, maybe 3 games in a week is too much right now.

bulmer1889
19-08-2017, 03:21 PM
You could tell ched has missed a chunk of pre season Duffy rightly named MOM for me although I wish brooksy had had some of the positions Duffy had in the 2nd half,thought he was brilliant today apart from when he wriggled past 2 defenders in the area and shot instead of laying it off to an unmarked Billy in the middle of the area but that's what you get with young uns sometimes

Ayamonteblade
19-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Really encouraging to hear Duffy had a good game - its what we were lacking in previous games as Carruthers does not have his instinct for position yet. He started last season very well and faded towards the end..............Fleck started slowly and got better and better - history repeating itself?