PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Huddersfield

Zippity
19-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Right, then. A cobbled together back 4 and our creative outlet missing. Is Shelvey really the only player in our squad capable of creating (don't know enough about Merino to say either way). Huddersfield caught Palace out last week with their intensity and pressing-their main problem last season was scoring goals and they've addressed that-I actually think they'll be in the top ten well into the new year. We, though, have the advantage of having played them twice last season and know what they're about. Not gonna make a prediction cos I don't want to piss people off... XD

..........................................Elliott. .................................

Manquillo...........Lascelles..................Mbe mba..........Clark

Ritchie...........Hayden.......................... Merino.........Atsu

..............feck knows...........

.............................Gayle................ ........

I'm honestly stumped about the role behind Gayle. Unlike a lot of folk, I thought Perez was absolutely hopeless on Sunday-he was slow, lost possession too easily and, for me, offered almost nothing. I'd like to see de Jong sitting there creating but maybe he'll be too slow for Huddersfield's rapid pressing. Can't believe I'm suggesting him but maybe Diame would be best suited for this one (although I haven't seen him mentioned much in pre-season?). Maybe Murphy with his pace?

ex_pat_magpie
19-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Right, then. A cobbled together back 4 and our creative outlet missing. Is Shelvey really the only player in our squad capable of creating (don't know enough about Merino to say either way). Huddersfield caught Palace out last week with their intensity and pressing-their main problem last season was scoring goals and they've addressed that-I actually think they'll be in the top ten well into the new year. We, though, have the advantage of having played them twice last season and know what they're about. Not gonna make a prediction cos I don't want to piss people off... XD

..........................................Elliott. .................................

Manquillo...........Lascelles..................Mbe mba..........Clark

Ritchie...........Hayden.......................... Merino.........Atsu

..............feck knows...........

.............................Gayle................ ........

I'm honestly stumped about the role behind Gayle. Unlike a lot of folk, I thought Perez was absolutely hopeless on Sunday-he was slow, lost possession too easily and, for me, offered almost nothing. I'd like to see de Jong sitting there creating but maybe he'll be too slow for Huddersfield's rapid pressing. Can't believe I'm suggesting him but maybe Diame would be best suited for this one (although I haven't seen him mentioned much in pre-season?). Maybe Murphy with his pace?

I like the rest of your team and I think Murphy would be good as the last cog in the machine.

Jammy89
19-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Agree with that team completely Zip, although i think that it will be Perez that plays behind Gayle on Sunday.

You're right about Diame, i can't remember last time he was really mentioned XD

MidsMagpie
19-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Elliott Gamez Mbemba Lascelles Clark Ritchie Hayden De Jong Atsu Diame Mitrovic, Gayle and Perez are a to lightweight strikeforce for the premier league specially against the likes of Huddersfield.

Jammy89
19-08-2017, 04:18 PM
I don't disagree with you they are two lightweight against Huddersfield but i suspect De Jong might just get broken playing Huddersfield, so if we Perez is to lightweight it should probably be Diame.