PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Rafa's words

TANYA_
19-08-2017, 02:00 PM
ive watched all the interviews with Rafa, and the "damage control" from the fat one.
Its clear to see that Rafa has been promised a lot more than he is getting, Ashley is clinging on to the hope that a buyer will come in and save him from the financial burden.
I genuinely think Ashley has had a clear indication that someone wanted to buy the club and he has used this to tickle Rafa into staying , given him promises that he isnt willing to fullfill without a buyer/investor.
I do not believe that Rafa is involved in a consortium to take control of the club.
There must be something in Rafa's contract to stop him from walking like Kev did, but either way, UNLESS there is a change of ownership or significant investment Rafa wont be here too much longer.
Its not good when you hear the manager is buying players to "get us bye" rather than the players he wants.

Its always nice to hear the owners opinion, but lets be fair, its never filled us with determination like Sir John's words did.

Most of us can see how this season is going to pan out ATM. We have nothing going forward and our starting back 4 tomorrow have all been relegated from the premier league in the last 2 seasons.

Anyhoo, hopefully we can get the win, im trying to justify to my wife , why we pay for the tickets and are still unhappy, she wont ever understand, she's Spanish. Wont even ackowledge Bara or Madrid

Zippity
19-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Tbh, I think what's stopping Rafa from walking is the commitment he feels to the club-the players he's brought in, the staff, the fans, the City-he certainly comes across as an honourable man and i think that's what's keeping him here.

For what it's worth I think Ashley needs to **** off if we ever want to move forward. The Guardian article I hoyed up makes it clear that Rafa feels that Ashley has gone back on what he promised him at the end of last season-he certainly hasn't been able (allowed?) to sign the players he thought we needed to improve and under Ashley, when is that ever going to improve? Rafa himself said it's about the players rather than the manager-he himself can only do so much. I agree, there will come a point when he can't take any more (and you wouldn't blame him) and he will feel his hands are being tied too much.

Obviously Ashley fcking off raises the question of how and who but that's another thread.

pboromag
19-08-2017, 02:17 PM
He said he could have the money the club generates
I was under no illusion it was no more than we have spent

Take wages for all staff running of the grounds etc

We have 400k a week in dead wood wages

He didn't promise to put any money in

Rafa want control he has got it
I would have looked into this type of thing before i negotiated with ash and certainly checked after the talks

So I can't see why he is whinging again

jacapus
19-08-2017, 02:47 PM
He said he could have the money the club generates
I was under no illusion it was no more than we have spent

Take wages for all staff running of the grounds etc

We have 400k a week in dead wood wages

He didn't promise to put any money in

Rafa want control he has got it
I would have looked into this type of thing before i negotiated with ash and certainly checked after the talks

So I can't see why he is whinging again
He is not whinging you idiot he is merely wanting to take the club to another level but is being inhibited by the fat money grabbing buffoon.He should have been given at least 80 - 100 million but yet again the owner is backtracking.It happened the last time we went up & is happening again. Rafa cannot be blamed if he walks - he is being undermined in the same way that other managers including KK were.

pboromag
19-08-2017, 03:08 PM
He is winging
He is covering his ass

He want told he was getting 100 mill

He wanted control of all football matters
He was told he could have all the money the club generated

That's what he has

Get in with it
I'm sick of his winging

And his negative tactics

toptoon
19-08-2017, 03:24 PM
I don't think Rafa has been involved in any takeover discussions- why would he be?

Also he's working with exactly what he knew he had all along but I think he's peeved that we haven't been able to shift players and that Ashley hasn't gone to sign the players he wanted before we've off loadef the deadwood.

Southerntoon75
19-08-2017, 03:26 PM
He is winging
He is covering his ass

He want told he was getting 100 mill

He wanted control of all football matters
He was told he could have all the money the club generated

That's what he has

Get in with it
I'm sick of his winging

And his negative tactics

Says the person a few weeks ago who thought we had a chance with signings such Hernandez, Giroud and Siggurdson.how on earth could we have afforded those with the money generated?

ex_pat_magpie
19-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Does anyone recall, when Ashley first took over, trying to be pally with the fans, made some sort of gesture that he would put someting like £20 million in each season.

Jammy89
19-08-2017, 04:24 PM
To be fair he probably has put that in. He just counts it as everything; so agent fees, wages, transfer fee, loyalty bonuses and other bonuses etc. etc.

I think Zip has nail on head, Rafa is to honourable to walk out at this point. However it will get to a point and if that happens i think Ashley is going to have more trouble on his hands than ever before and he really doesn't seem to get this. I know we say he doesn't care but its not good advertising for SD and himself if the protests etc. go again.

I really hope we get this investor he wants in because he's cutting his nose off to spite his face in screw Rafa around this way.

Kal
19-08-2017, 04:30 PM
He said he would put £20 million of his OWN money into the club each season. Also, did anyone notice he said we were back to square one in his Sky love-in ? Does that mean another five year plan ?

Ah love five year plans me. :)

Zippity
19-08-2017, 04:39 PM
He knows we're due a huge amount of money from the tv deal so to ensure we don't struggle he needs to release the funds now in the knowledge that he'll get it back. Folk can make all the positive noises they like about our new signings but you'd be hard pushed to say we had a strong squad. Is it adequate? Only time will tell but it's going to be a lot harder than it should be because of our under-investment.

ex_pat_magpie
19-08-2017, 04:58 PM
He said he would put £20 million of his OWN money into the club each season. Also, did anyone notice he said we were back to square one in his Sky love-in ? Does that mean another five year plan ?

Ah love five year plans me. :)

I thought that was what it was Kal.

it's a great pity he hasn't honoured his obligations each season as by now he would have a club in an established position and a very saleable commodity as well as this his £20 million investment would have shown him great returns instead of two relegations an five fights against relegation.

Not much foresight for a successful businessman. :?

Jammy89
19-08-2017, 05:05 PM
It's because you struggle to run a football club like a business. As we've said before how many managers just walk into similar level jobs. Very few other industries would let you do that.

Ashley still hasn't clicked this in really. Doesn't help he seems to appointed people who won't tell him what he needs to hear.

ex_pat_magpie
19-08-2017, 05:09 PM
It's because you struggle to run a football club like a business. As we've said before how many managers just walk into similar level jobs. Very few other industries would let you do that.

Ashley still hasn't clicked this in really. Doesn't help he seems to appointed people who won't tell him what he needs to hear.

Because if he did then he wouldn't like to listen to it. He doesn't take to criticism very well. Just hides from the truth and would rather be in denial of the true facts.

toptoon
19-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Like most things it's not black and white. Have we invested enough on our return to the PL? No.
Are we unusual in that our manager wants more from the Board to invest in players? No.
Has Rafa been at loggerheads with the Board throughout his career over money for new players? Yes, many times.

Let's not slit our wrists just because it's NUFC.

MitchMag
19-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Who knows what the message is.

What ever will be will be and is beyond our control.;D

ashingtoon62
19-08-2017, 08:00 PM
He knows we're due a huge amount of money from the tv deal so to ensure we don't struggle he needs to release the funds now in the knowledge that he'll get it back. Folk can make all the positive noises they like about our new signings but you'd be hard pushed to say we had a strong squad. Is it adequate? Only time will tell but it's going to be a lot harder than it should be because of our under-investment.

We've already had the first payment of £35 mill off Sky,its in yhe bank.Its paid in installments and not at the end of the season..
We must be waiting till Jan,when nobody decent is up for sale and the ones who are up for sale,are shoite and overpriced...:?:?

toonlegend
19-08-2017, 09:58 PM
hmmm to the doubters, those who think rafa is whingeing"

quite simply, starkly said - anyone who thinks ashley told rafa the truth wants their heads examining.

waalsendmick
19-08-2017, 10:39 PM
I've had enough... for the 1st time ever, I've used the ignore button!

ghostrider
20-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Rafa said he deals with Charnley on a regular basis but not Ashley.
The fact that he's dealing with Charnley and not Ashley will most likely be very similar to most managers of football clubs.

The fact that Charnley persuaded Rafa to come to Newcastle and what Rafa already knew about the club and would have done his homework on before signing, tells me that he wasn't walking in to the club as a blind man.

Rafa's not happy about the transfer business. Ok, so let's look at it all in a reasonable way and see what's going on.

1. Has Ashley promised Rafa more than the club can deliver from available physical money it owns at this time?

2. Has Rafa been given a wage ceiling that has little give in it for potential targets and if so, are those potential Rafa targets way beyond this wage ceiling as it stands?

3.Has Rafa been told to sell the dead wood and use what's in the club coffers, plus dead wood recoups and wage releases to maybe gain that slight give in the wage ceiling for a particular target?

I'd be interested to know exactly where the smoke is and where the actual fire is coming from that caused it.

We all know Rafa is a top manager. We'd all love him to stay and do a great job.
We all hope he's committed to the club like he appears to proclaim he is.
We also know that this squad is mostly his and will all but be his once he rids the last few scrapings from the surplus.

From this point on and bearing in mind we are basically starting from scratch, what should we be expecting and more to the point, what should Rafa be expecting, as it stands?

A rock and a hard place springs to mind for both fans and Rafa alike, it seems.

It appears that we all know we can't compete unless we pay the required sums of money in transfer fees and wages.
We also know that transfer fees and wages have sky rocketed even for average players, who, only 2 seasons ago would have bought you 99% of top players.
Now bearing in mind that we are finding our feet again and are not the worst spenders, then how much of a first time gamble do we take on player additions in terms of over inflated fees and wages to gain, what?

What are we after in our first season back, because I'm happy to ease back in and finish outside of the relegation places but in a comfortable fashion.
With what I've seen from the new players plus the more seasoned buys under Rafa, as well as what is retained before Rafa, then I'd say we already have what's required to do that and still time to add on one or two others.

I'd understandably expect fans to be utterly peed off if we didn't build on what we have for next season to compete at a higher level and so on and so on, under Rafa and would expect him to walk away if that wasn't the case.

As it stands now, I'd say Rafa has the chance to put into place his hard work and go with it this season.
If he's going to walk away from the club then let him walk if he's not backed more fully at the end of this one. That way he's got a right to, with his head held high.

If he walks now or after so many games, then I will not hold him in any high esteem, for one reason and one reason only. He's building this squad and it's not like he's been left to get on with a squad handed to him.

I certainly don't want to get into any tit for tat argument about what Ashley is or isn't.
All I'll say is, people wanted Ashley to show his face and explain things. He did so. Those who reject what he's said as bull or whatever, is their choice but there it is and above all else, no fan should be under any more illusions about him putting his hand in his own pocket.
The club runs itself whether you believe that or think he's pocketing a bit here and there, or not.

He's been here for 10 years and for most of that tenure he's been despised and almost loved and despised and almost forgiven and despised and almost welcomed for another pint...etc....etc.

Whatever is the case, just remember one thing:
This club will always court turmoil and excitement in near equal measures, because to be anything else just wouldn't be the Newcastle United we knew or know. And this started way before a man called Michael Ashley walked into the club.

Enjoy the good the bad and the ugly on the pitch and only despair when there is no pitch for anyone to walk on, or look at.

pboromag
20-08-2017, 08:30 AM
I thought that was what it was Kal.

it's a great pity he hasn't honoured his obligations each season as by now he would have a club in an established position and a very saleable commodity as well as this his £20 million investment would have shown him great returns instead of two relegations an five fights against relegation.

Not much foresight for a successful businessman. :?

he certainly hasnt taken any out

and i would think with covering the loans etc he has put close to that in if not more

pboromag
20-08-2017, 08:37 AM
hmmm to the doubters, those who think rafa is whingeing"

quite simply, starkly said - anyone who thinks ashley told rafa the truth wants their heads examining.

so how has he lied

how much does the club generate

how much is wages from non playing staff .rent on the ground ,upkeep of the training ground ,wages for coaches,wages for development squad,.
and so on

the truth is the club owes ash millions

he was honest he said all money generated

rafa got rid of carr and had no back up plan or no clubs for the players he wants gone

seems to me rafa might be a decent manager but running all things footy is completly different ie running the club

he has been used to clubs willing to trade in the red ,he hasnt had to worry about wages ,fees etc etc

he aint a modern day manager
he plays negative footy in a time when everyone else is playing attacking footy

he is geting his moans in before it falls around him and his players

i think we will win today
but it will be interesting to see how he adapts to prem fotty and the huddersfield manager does in tactics etc etc

ex_pat_magpie
20-08-2017, 08:38 AM
he certainly hasnt taken any out

and i would think with covering the loans etc he has put close to that in if not more

You are talking about £220million over the time he has been here. Add on to that the benefit of the free advertising Sports Direct Tat gets here and exposure on TV. The interest on the loans would be peanuts out of that. Any businessman would tell you that.

pboromag
20-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Because if he did then he wouldn't like to listen to it. He doesn't take to criticism very well. Just hides from the truth and would rather be in denial of the true facts.

i thought he came out well in the interview
how many other owners would go on sky and admit mistakes and tell the truth

we cant compete with people willing to put their club in the red and spend hundreds of millios just on a defence all in the chase for a trophy

rafa is choosing the players

its his team

might not be the team he wants ,but no manager is ever happy with what he has

you just dont see them whinge like rafa does

he does it to keep the fans on his side

if it was a owner the fans had some kind of a relationship he wouldnt moan as he would think he would loose the fans

he is a mug if he came here and thought ash was going to let go of the purse strings

he was never told you can have all the money the clube generates and more from me

start getting the dead wood out

300-400 k of wages would be a start

but he got rid of carr

he hasnta clue or have any network that competes with carr

he is relying on a few spanish friends to tell him of a few average players that might be available

ex_pat_magpie
20-08-2017, 09:53 AM
so how has he lied

how much does the club generate

how much is wages from non playing staff .rent on the ground ,upkeep of the training ground ,wages for coaches,wages for development squad,.
and so on

the truth is the club owes ash millions

he was honest he said all money generated

rafa got rid of carr and had no back up plan or no clubs for the players he wants gone

seems to me rafa might be a decent manager but running all things footy is completly different ie running the club

he has been used to clubs willing to trade in the red ,he hasnt had to worry about wages ,fees etc etc

he aint a modern day manager
he plays negative footy in a time when everyone else is playing attacking footy

he is geting his moans in before it falls around him and his players

i think we will win today
but it will be interesting to see how he adapts to prem fotty and the huddersfield manager does in tactics etc etc

You state in this post that Rafa got rid of Carr. But in a previous post you say that if Ashley hadn't been in such a hurry to get rid of Carr........

Do you really know what you mean or are we to guess as usual.

Zippity
20-08-2017, 10:41 AM
so how has he lied

"I had a meeting with Mike and his advisers (in May) and the meeting was very clear. So what happened after wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

"So it's not a question of, 'he was telling me this and that', it was very clear.

Rafa is certainly intimating that the Club haven't followed through on what they discussed in May. None of us were there, Rafa was.

I choose to believe Rafa.

ghostrider
20-08-2017, 10:57 AM
"I had a meeting with Mike and his advisers (in May) and the meeting was very clear. So what happened after wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

"So it's not a question of, 'he was telling me this and that', it was very clear.

Rafa is certainly intimating that the Club haven't followed through on what they discussed in May. None of us were there, Rafa was.

Choosing to believe Rafa is correct. I wouldn't doubt what Rafa would say.
The issue is in what Rafa is actually referring to as in what he wasn't expecting.

I'll make a suggestion that may be on the mark or close to the mark or totally way off the mark.

What if Ashley told Rafa that there's money available for players and he can use it all for players and wages, plus money generated from sales.
Maybe...just maybe, Rafa has taken that to mean that the club will sanction high transfers and wages to match and maybe there's not enough money to cover it unless he offloads of which he might not have envisaged having to offload to scoop enough funds to add to the kitty for a lump sum payment from a top end player.

Maybe he's got the wrong end of the stick.

Either that or Ashley's told Rafa that he can buy who he wants and the money will be there, no matter what,

Obviously all guesswork but we really need to know exactly what's what before we put anyone on a pedestal or crucify the already crucified.

pboromag
20-08-2017, 12:23 PM

what he was expecting and what he was told are two different things

maybe he was expecting the players he wants ot to be gone by now and the money invested
maybe he was told carr had clubs for them
then maybe carr was saked or left or whatever and those deals havent materialised and the players havent gone

he hasnt said ash broke any promises or indeed made any promises

he has just said things haven worked out as the thought

but maybe then ash didnt think rafa would give charnley an ultimatum over carr

seems to me we have to camps trying to control one club

pboromag
20-08-2017, 12:26 PM
You state in this post that Rafa got rid of Carr. But in a previous post you say that if Ashley hadn't been in such a hurry to get rid of Carr........

Do you really know what you mean or are we to guess as usual.

i dont think so i say in all my posts if rafa hadnt been in a rush as i am 100 certain the 4 that rafa wants gone were all about to go
and indeed we had 3 players lined up to come in

rafa gave charnley an ultimatum and wanted full control

ash didnt want carr to go

it was rafas choice

he has full controll

it is his players

he needs to get on with the job
hopefully with a win today

but i see he is already getting his ducks in a line by saying the huddersfield manager has it easy

typical whinging spaniard

Zippity
20-08-2017, 12:26 PM
I certainly agree that not being able to get rid of players has muddied the waters.

Jammy89
20-08-2017, 01:51 PM
I certainly agree that not being able to get rid of players has muddied the waters.

That has really hurt us this window.

toonlegend
20-08-2017, 02:44 PM
"he hasnt said ash broke any promises or indeed made any promises

he has just said things haven worked out as the thought "

i would suggest that rafa has indicated quite clearly that ashley has broken promises/renaged on what he said when he uttered the words

"ASHLEY KNOWS WHAT HE PROMISED ME..... " just the other day

ex_pat_magpie
20-08-2017, 06:04 PM
i dont think so i say in all my posts if rafa hadnt been in a rush as i am 100 certain the 4 that rafa wants gone were all about to go
and indeed we had 3 players lined up to come in

rafa gave charnley an ultimatum and wanted full control

ash didnt want carr to go

it was rafas choice

he has full controll

it is his players

he needs to get on with the job
hopefully with a win today

but i see he is already getting his ducks in a line by saying the huddersfield manager has it easy

typical whinging spaniard

Just read your post below from 9/8/17 thread Net spend £21 million.

Quote by Pboro SAying AshleY was in a rush to get rid of Carr

Hall Of Fame
Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
4 players for every position. Now you really don't know how things work. That's 4 X 11 = 44 players. How big a squad do you think we are allowed. Get real man.

Why do you need to distort every single report about Rafa.

The list was NEVER FOUR PLAYERS FOR EVERY POSITION.

The list was for four KEY PLAYERS and Ashley's puppet couldn't even count that far.
No it want
If ash hadn't been Ina hurry to get rid of Carr the four he wanted gone would have been sold
He threw away carrs list and had his own

There are 4 goalies on that list why do we need a new goalie
If we had bundles maybe
But he was aware we didn't

That lot that card would have sold and had clubs for all of them would have released 3000k a week

Truth is Rafa wanted control he got it

Charnley is experienced at getting players in
But I can tell you he is chasing his tail trying to get rafas players in

7 of the players he had on his list we didn't even know who there agent was and couldn't get hold of them

We weren't prepared as we were with carrs list i.e. Buy out clauses etc

So by getting rid of a manwhonhad been in charge of player recruitment with no proper back up has caused most of the issues

pboromag
20-08-2017, 07:12 PM
"he hasnt said ash broke any promises or indeed made any promises

he has just said things haven worked out as the thought "

i would suggest that rafa has indicated quite clearly that ashley has broken promises/renaged on what he said when he uttered the words

"ASHLEY KNOWS WHAT HE PROMISED ME..... " just the other day

he hasnt said anything about promises
just things havent worked out how he thought

that could mean a million and one things

he needs to stop bleeting
lets face it his tactics ,formations etc aint filling many of us with much hope

maybe he needs to show ash he can manage at this level in this day and age

he certainly brought us down playing negative footy

we played negative footy in the fizzy with some great players for that standard

and we certainly have played the most boring footy for the first two games with his players

i certainly cant see anthing that would make me open my wallet for him

toonlegend
20-08-2017, 07:36 PM
he hasnt said anything about promises
just things havent worked out how he thought

that could mean a million and one things

he needs to stop bleeting
lets face it his tactics ,formations etc aint filling many of us with much hope

maybe he needs to show ash he can manage at this level in this day and age

he certainly brought us down playing negative footy

we played negative footy in the fizzy with some great players for that standard

and we certainly have played the most boring footy for the first two games with his players

i certainly cant see anthing that would make me open my wallet for him

it could mean a million things but it was said in response to questions re transfer dealings, players in and out and ashley's part in it all.

toonlegend
20-08-2017, 07:38 PM
the thing that SHOULD make him open his wallet is the threat of yet another relegation .. and then another and another etc etc etc

but he's as thick as pig **** and won't.

pboromag
20-08-2017, 07:43 PM
it could mean a million things but it was said in response to questions re transfer dealings, players in and out and ashley's part in it all.

i agree but he hasnt said ash has promised him any money etc
he has said things havent worked out how he thought

ie he may have thought certain players would be gone

and if they had certain players might hve come in

but the players havent gone .not because ash had anything to do with it ,but that players rule the roost

gogz_86
20-08-2017, 08:53 PM
I actually think we could have done well if it wasn't for some selfish mercenaries....the fact that Ashley is a complete and utter ****e isn't going to change the reality...

Some of these idiot mercenaries should have left the moment Rafa told them they're not part of his plans...

Lazaar
Hanley
Krul (although I quite liked him)
Colback
Saivet
Haidara
Riviere

All these would free up £300k per week and allow for some good loan signing...you could offer 3 quality player £100k a week on loan basis just for the year...

I think Rafa has realised that Ashley won't do anything even if we are relegated. He has reached a point where he won't pump and more money in and the biggest fear is that if we get relegated again....he won't bank roll the club...and the shoe string championship budget will be a nightmare....we're in big trouble if we don't survive this season...the only positive is next years fresh tv rights income

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 08:59 PM
I actually think we could have done well if it wasn't for some selfish mercenaries....the fact that Ashley is a complete and utter ****e isn't going to change the reality...

Some of these idiot mercenaries should have left the moment Rafa told them they're not part of his plans...

Lazaar
Hanley
Colback
Saivet
Haidara
Riviere

and allow for some good loan signing...you could offer 3 quality player £100k a week on loan basis just for the year...

U seem to forget we have Ashley as owner, even if we had 500 grand a week spare he wouldn't pay any player 100 grand a week

ex_pat_magpie
20-08-2017, 09:01 PM

Lazaar
Hanley
Colback
Saivet
Haidara
Riviere

All these would free up £300k per week and allow for some good loan signing...you could offer 3 quality player £100k a week on loan basis just for the year...

I think Rafa has realised that Ashley won't do anything even if we are relegated. He has reached a point where he won't pump and more money in and the biggest fear is that if we get relegated again....he won't bank roll the club...and the shoe string championship budget will be a nightmare....we're in big trouble if we don't survive this season...the only positive is next years fresh tv rights income

And we have to be sure of staying up to be involved with that. Left to Ashley and Charnley that can't be guaranteed.

gogz_86
20-08-2017, 09:09 PM

I honestly believe that Rafa and or charnley are controlling transfers...Ashley has made it clear that the club should generate its on funds and sustain itself....

In every interview, Rafa has stressed that he needs to trim the squad first....to enable him to free up some wages that could go into loan signings...

gogz_86
20-08-2017, 09:14 PM
And we have to be sure of staying up to be involved with that. Left to Ashley and Charnley that can't be guaranteed.

With the new football revolution in China....we can only hope we can get a Chinese consurtium to take over from Ashley before it's too late....

Everton have spent north of £150m...that's ambition...

Ashley is not the right person to own any football club....football clubs should be owned by people with the desire to show ambition to be at the top...we have certainly lost the plot under Ashley and he pretty much doesn't give an 'f' about the club....why did you buy the club in the first place you idiot...there's no money to be made in football...it's not a business...it's a passion...it's an expense...

toonlegend
20-08-2017, 09:25 PM
i agree but he hasnt said ash has promised him any money etc
he has said things havent worked out how he thought

ie he may have thought certain players would be gone

and if they had certain players might hve come in

but the players havent gone .not because ash had anything to do with it ,but that players rule the roost

the clear implication is that whatever he promised , whether that be money, a new office, a computer, a few players here and there is immaterial, he hasn't delivered. now with it being spoken about in the same breath as transfers it is obviously related.

ex_pat_magpie
20-08-2017, 09:36 PM
the clear implication is that whatever he promised , whether that be money, a new office, a computer, a few players here and there is immaterial, he hasn't delivered. now with it being spoken about in the same breath as transfers it is obviously related.

All he has ever been interested in is pushing his Sports Direct Tat at the expense of anything else.

pboromag
21-08-2017, 06:48 AM

he hasn't said he has broke any promises
just that things haven't worked out how he thought

that could be anything from not getting the players out as he thought to allow new players in to not getting another tea lady in

he hasn't even said ash hasn't delivered

just things haven't worked out how he thought

he has said he can have all the money generated
he has gone on record saying he wont put money in

if rafa gets players out as he wanted full control so that is his job along with charnley he will have more money

maybe its his failings in getting players out that have meant things haven't worked out how he expected