PDA

View Full Version : Keinan Davis

stateside
19-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Has been a revelation this game and Green grabs his first Villa goal. Come on Villa.

bongosdad
19-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Sounds like we're playing really well. Now let's push on and get the 3rd.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Hopefully there was real football talk at half time and not watching big brother episodes.

samhubball
19-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Hopefully the catalyst we need so much. So glad Green has got his goal! Well done son

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Amazing. We have started the second half on the back foot and the weak link is Hutton.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Hutton booked. Surprise Surprise!

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Goal Norwich - 2-1

A long ball over the top and Murphy has pulled one back for Norwich. Alan Hutton, who has been caught out a number of times already, stood still and the winger nipped in to reduce the arrears.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:22 PM
We've purchased 3 right backs in the last 2 seasons and this guy is still the starter?

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Pressure is increasing

Norwich really starting to apply pressure now.

Murphy is getting the better of Hutton every time he’s got the ball.

He breezes past him again and crosses into the box but Villa clear...just about.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Get Bree on NOW!!!

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Hutton substituted

Bruce has seen enough of Murphy getting the better of Hutton and has now replaced him with Bree.

Villa simply can’t afford to let the visitors expose them so often so the change was needed.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Thank you!

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:29 PM
3-1 (Hourihane, 67)

Villa regain their two-goal advantage as Hourihane lets rip from outside the area, the ball loops off Reed and over Gunn into the net.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Hourihane 3 in 2 games. Hot right now.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:42 PM
3-2 to make the last 10 minutes nervy.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Hat-trick for Hourihane!

Hourihane slams in his third from outside the area.

That’s a hat-trick for the Irishman who collects the ball and holds three fingers up to the sky.

Fully deserved.

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Nerves over. Was wondering who we should bring on for final sub when I saw that we'd scored

stateside
19-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Good win. Not enough to convince me Bruce is the right man for the job. He signed Hourihane so that goes in his favour and his ass was saved by the Irishman.

Davis sounds like he's strong and maybe he can step in until Kodjia is fit.

bongosdad
19-08-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm over the moon. This should instal a bit of confidence and hopefully momentum. Well done Lads and it looks like we found ourselves a striker. It sounds like he bullied two strong defenders. Hopefully Green and Hourihane can push on now. Elmo has defiantly improved us.

afoxy52
20-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Hello all it's been a while since I last posted but as usual I've kept up with all your banter
I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's confidence boosting win & yes there were some minuses but that's football but I digress let's talk about the boy
Keinan Davies!
After yesterday's match I was thinking when was the last time I'd seen a C/Forward's display of that kind the way he unselfishly led the line bringing others into play,winning balls he had no right to,standing up for himself against 2 tough C/Backs
Showing an awareness of people around him & an eye for goal which this display deserved
This kid also has talent to go with these attributes,I think Bruce may have stumbled on a player / system that includes this boy
Gabby take note!
On that display the player I remember of a similar ilk to him was Keith Leonard in the late 1970's for those of you old enough to remember him & see him play what do you think?
Apologies to the younger guys on here who never saw him play

Onwards & Upwards
UTV

TrianonDave
20-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Hello all it's been a while since I last posted but as usual I've kept up with all your banter
I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's confidence boosting win & yes there were some minuses but that's football but I digress let's talk about the boy
Keinan Davies!
After yesterday's match I was thinking when was the last time I'd seen a C/Forward's display of that kind the way he unselfishly led the line bringing others into play,winning balls he had no right to,standing up for himself against 2 tough C/Backs
Showing an awareness of people around him & an eye for goal which this display deserved
This kid also has talent to go with these attributes,I think Bruce may have stumbled on a player / system that includes this boy
Gabby take note!
On that display the player I remember of a similar ilk to him was Keith Leonard in the late 1970's for those of you old enough to remember him & see him play what do you think?

Onwards & Upwards
UTV

#Seems like we wasted 26 million on Hogan and MaCcormack!!!!

Exiledvillan
20-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Keinan Davies!
Gabby take note!

Onwards & Upwards
UTV

Ah Foxy, Keith Leonard, very much underrated. We didn’t see much evidence of Davis heading ability yesterday but the way he brought it down off his chest, turned and bullied his way through, could be likened to Garry Thompson or Alan McInally. If he can head a ball then maybe Andy Gray.
Anyhoo, he looks a proper old fashioned CF and his efforts certainly get the crowd on their feet, now, if he had a striker playing off him, we could start to like like a team with a plan.

dazzyowen
20-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Great to see some faith in these young lads and hopefully after yesterday we'll be seeing a lot more..

afoxy52
20-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Yes Exiled Thompson & Mcinally both old style c/f's & a bit older than Davies when we acquired them but both played for the shirt
I know one swallow doesn't make a summer but credit where it's due for a boy of that age to perform the way he did, I hope both he & Villa can build on this
BTW re his heading ability not being too picky with you but barring a cracking save from Gunn he would of scored a beauty
Do you also remember another youngster who played a similar lone role for us to good effect till he was replaced by Cascarino
Ian Olney
Onwards & Upwards
UTV

TrianonDave
20-08-2017, 11:34 AM
I was thinking maybe a young Benteke? ?

stateside
20-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Leonard was a big lad, little more chunky. I don't think he had Davis's speed.

For some reason, Vic Crowe lined him up as a midfielder with Little playing off him in a 4-4-1-1 like formation in 73-74. Then Crowe got the sack. In came Saunders and Sammy Morgan was played up front with Little in 74-75 at the start of the season. It didn't take long for Saunders to dislike Morgan and the Little-Leonard partnership was born.

The following season Leanard was his with a really nasty injury early in the season and Saunders was forced to go in the market in October (transfer window was only closed from March-May) and buy Andy Gray.

Leonard never recovered to play for us. Not sure if he retired or tried to make it with another club.

picasso
20-08-2017, 12:30 PM
The one thing that struck me was that Davis looks nothing like Ian Ormondroyd.

afoxy52
20-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Too true Picasso possibly Frank Bruno only with a lot more ability & mobility
I seem to remember that Leonard's was a cartilage injury which back in those days more or less finished your career, I don't believe he was fortunate to play professional football again he may of done a bit of non league
What I do know is that he ended up working at Land Rover Solihull
Just like me
Back to Davies do we play him again on Tuesday v Wigan or do we adopt the treat em mean keep em keen & play @ Bristol.personally I favour the Bristol game

Onwards & Upwards
UTV

stateside
20-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah, rest him and set him loose on Nathan

Exiledvillan
22-08-2017, 12:23 PM
I’m not so sure on this one lads. Davis’s approach is food and drink to Baker, always was. It’s the smaller forwards with pace and movement that has been the constant undoing of Baker. I bet he’d opt for a battle anyday over being shown up by the likes of O’Hare, Hogan, Green and to a certain extent (more speed of thought) RMC.