PDA

View Full Version : We won on corners.

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 04:16 PM
If its good enough for the windae lickers ..... XD

stokearab
19-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Will be interesting to get the Shedtastic report on this, but in the end 3 points, 3 wins out of 3, another clean sheet, and a goal from inspired signing.

Next week is the real test of where we are up to.

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 04:34 PM
mate sent me a recording of the crowd. Fair to say there was displeasure. win is a win - this week anyway.

And the corners dont forget the corners - I am over the moon we have sorted that oot :p

TerryTheTerror
19-08-2017, 04:36 PM
That's the type of result you need when you are playing ****e to win the league....

stokearab
19-08-2017, 04:41 PM
That's the type of result you need when you are playing ****e to win the league....

Flood for Keatings, goal comes. Fair play to RM. Is Keatings still not 100% match fit?

RaysRedEye
19-08-2017, 04:55 PM
I see the fun won on corners again. They must be near the top of the corner count table.

Arabdownsouth
19-08-2017, 04:56 PM

Except that those are the type of wins we were scraping together until Christmas then we got found out. We need to be better than all the other teams this season, performances like today's are just not good enough. Players need a rocket up their arse after that

Chick A Saw
19-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Except that those are the type of wins we were scraping together until Christmas then we got found out. We need to be better than all the other teams this season, performances like today's are just not good enough. Players need a rocket up their arse after that

But at this point last season, we only had 4 points. I didnt get today so i am waiting on more info, but kids said first half was dire!

Charlie arab
19-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Woeful performance today, far to soft all over the park and crying outfor a target man to help McDonald. A wins a win though but will need to be far better next week.

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 05:18 PM

said many times last season too. but 9 out of 9 this season and in the 3 games we have been poor. How important is an on form mcmullan for us this season as he offers something different?

Charlie arab
19-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Flood for Keatings, goal comes. Fair play to RM. Is Keatings still not 100% match fit?
Doesn't look it mate, very poor today. Thought Nkoy made a difference when he came on, more direct but missed a sitter with a free header, ten bob bit head😀

USArab
19-08-2017, 05:23 PM

3 points is 3 points, I'm sure there will be more wins while playing badly! It's going to be a long hard season, I'm sure there will be more highs than lows!

Arabs4ever
19-08-2017, 06:37 PM
So next week against St Mirren the changes required to the starting line-up are King and Keatings out for McMullan and N'Koyi. Anyone know when the return of the old reserve league is coming and when the first one of these games is at Tannadice?

Arabdad
19-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Brechin came and parked the bus and for the vast majority of the game we couldn't break them down. They will not be the last team to try those tactics at Tannadice this season. Not sure if Keatings is still recovering from his injury but he was well off the pace. Fraser was also back to his powder puff best and got knocked off the ball far too easily. N'Goyi made all the difference when he came on and provided a bit of physicality to bully the Brechin centre halfs and create the chance for skippy to get the winner. Hopefully a bit of proof for Ray that a big target man and either McDonald or Keatings up top will work.

ianharab
19-08-2017, 06:44 PM
What worries me so far is , like last season , we were poor but getting results till Xmas then our luck ran out , scary similar , we cannot afford a repeat performances have to improve , starting next week

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Thanks arabdad good update, a target man is exactly the missing link but we have spent our budget. Whats NGoyi like in the air?

Mecca_Sheikh
19-08-2017, 06:46 PM
They didn't park the bus at all. They played a straight 4-4-2 and matched our listless performance.

- No real movement off the ball.
- Still powderpuff.
- Set pieces: dreadful.
- Silence from the bench.

Brechin did well against us today, but they didn't park the bus.

JamesMcClean
19-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Brechin came and parked the bus and for the vast majority of the game we couldn't break them down. They will not be the last team to try those tactics at Tannadice this season. Not sure if Keatings is still recovering from his injury but he was well off the pace. Fraser was also back to his powder puff best and got knocked off the ball far too easily. N'Goyi made all the difference when he came on and provided a bit of physicality to bully the Brechin centre halfs and create the chance for skippy to get the winner. Hopefully a bit of proof for Ray that a big target man and either McDonald or Keatings up top will work.

Sorry, but I didn't see much parking of the bus in the last 15 of the first half or the first 15 of the second. Arguably, if Brechin had gone 1-0 up when Lewis had that terrific save from the shot outside the box, I don't think you could have argued with it. We were WOEFUL today, absolutely honking, with a performance that was right up there with some of last season's specials. Once again though I'm expecting RM to be saying that he was 'proud' about how they 'dug it out' and 'worked hard'. The only good thing today was 3 points and that literally was it. We had better buck up our ideas, because make no mistake, like last year, you cannot expect to keep riding your luck and win by the odd goal every week. Because, again like last year, it will catch up with us.

TerryTheTerror
19-08-2017, 06:49 PM
I thought Flood made a huge difference when he came on. We totally dominated possession after that.

Arabdad
19-08-2017, 06:52 PM
They came forward because we gave the ball away too easily. Every time we had the ball they had every player behind the ball. Agree totally that they had straight forward 4 - 4 - 2 but they didn't come to Tanny to try and blow us off the park with open attacking football. Just my opinion mind.

RAM1971
19-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I thought Flood made a huge difference when he came on. We totally dominated possession after that.

I agree with this Trebs. I would add NGoi as well. It was a far more positive performance when they came on. Up until then we were 'Taking it on the chin, from Bre-chin,' as far as clear cut chances went.

Chick A Saw
19-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Once again though I'm expecting RM to be saying that he was 'proud' about how they 'dug it out' and 'worked hard'. The only good thing today was 3 points and that literally was it. We had better buck up our ideas, because make no mistake, like last year, you cannot expect to keep riding your luck and win by the odd goal every week. Because, again like last year, it will catch up with us.

Ray didnt say he was proud but certainly didnt slate the players either. More of a measured we gotta do better.

One key thing was that Keatings is playing through his injury which is something i had hoped we would have learned from after last season! Its not as if we dont have options all over the park!

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 07:36 PM
You are all taking this too seriously the only stat my dee mate sees is 7-5. what a game !!

stokearab
19-08-2017, 07:47 PM
You are all taking this too seriously the only stat my dee mate sees is 7-5. what a game !!

You mean the Fun won again? :?

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 08:00 PM
You mean the Fun won again? :?

they won 6-4

stokearab
19-08-2017, 08:07 PM
they won 6-4

That must have put them joint top?

shedboy71
19-08-2017, 08:50 PM
That must have put them joint top?