PDA

View Full Version : No subtlety, no finesse, NO premiership football.

jiggles
19-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Just got back from the Turf. Pulis certainly did a job on us, but that's not hard nowadays. Fitness, effort and Route One can only get you so far, and we've Chris Woods to come to cement this style. SURELY we've now got the money for even a bit of subtlety and style. If not, watch the crowds turn away.

Altobelli
19-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Dyche doesn't do subtle or finesse it seems.

On paper we looked the better team and the one that looked like being the winner.

West Brom had a terrible full back and 2 centre halves (one being Barry) who had the turning circle of the Titanic yet we still could not open them up.

Yes Chris Wood is coming to cement our one dimensional play, we need pace, we need trickery with someone to create much much more, not had it since Ings and Blake before him, the man Andone was the one we needed or someone similar, same as at the beginning of last season we should have gone for the Turkish lad who eventually went to Ajax, all this slow build up play and lump it up strategy will drive crowds away with only the plastics left.

In Dyche We Trust
19-08-2017, 04:34 PM
its that shhhhite new home kit they got- we will ho down wearing those phuckkk awful blue shorts n socks

Turfmoorspirit
19-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Just got back from the Turf. Pulis certainly did a job on us, but that's not hard nowadays. Fitness, effort and Route One can only get you so far, and we've Chris Woods to come to cement this style. SURELY we've now got the money for even a bit of subtlety and style. If not, watch the crowds turn away. Andone ?

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2017, 05:14 PM
West Brom launched it at every opportunity, wasted about one hour, scored a smash and grab goal and defended for their lives. Cork and Defour were the best two players on the pitch by a million miles. We were a bit hard done by today I thought. :(

oldcolner
19-08-2017, 05:20 PM
West Brom launched it at every opportunity, wasted about one hour, scored a smash and grab goal and defended for their lives. Cork and Defour were the best two players on the pitch by a million miles. We were a bit hard done by today I thought. :(
Always seem to fall to Pulis subs.
Twenty shots sounds great but none on target is poor.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Pulis is street savvy and knows exactly what to do.

The Baggies Bogey Curse strikes again!

oldcolner
19-08-2017, 05:26 PM
BT Sean agrees with you

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Sean always agrees with me oldcolner because we both know what we are talking about. :o

thedonz
19-08-2017, 05:42 PM
The Baggies curse sure did strike again.

The highlight of our play was the combination passing of Defour and Cork, lovely to watch and did create space we couldn't take advantage of. Defour on for 90 mins and my MOM, closely followed by Cork.

But in truth we were wasteful in their penalty box and from my position I was disappointed Robson Kanu got past 3 players. Powder puff defending, otherwise Tom didn't have anything to do all day.

Hendrick was supposed to support Sam but that didn't happen enough and as a result we didn't test them nearly enough.

I thought though we looked a Premier League side and will have better home days. Just not today.

Deadlydave
19-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Pulis does the same thing to us time after time. He gives us the ball and let us try to break his team down and we don't have the type of player to do that it would seem. It was the same last season as well. They get a chance and score and then its goodnight sweetheart for the clarets. I still think we need a big tough uncompromising CB before the window shuts and some subtlety in front of goal.

ClaretinBudapest
19-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Pulis does the same thing to us time after time. He gives us the ball and let us try to break his team down and we don't have the type of player to do that it would seem. It was the same last season as well. They get a chance and score and then its goodnight sweetheart for the clarets. I still think we need a big tough uncompromising CB before the window shuts and some subtlety in front of goal.

Exactly.He knows we have very little firepower in front of goal(without Gray) and also knows our defence is not as good as last year(without Keane).We have already conceded 2 soft goals with our new defensive line-up.We have 20 attempts with not one on target.They have 8 and score.Even after going down to 10 men WBA still looked comfortable.

sinkov
19-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Sean always agrees with me oldcolner because we both know what we are talking about. :o

And just to make your day even more mlserable BT, I agree with you as well. 100%.

sinkov
19-08-2017, 11:26 PM
The Baggies curse sure did strike again.

The highlight of our play was the combination passing of Defour and Cork, lovely to watch and did create space we couldn't take advantage of. Defour on for 90 mins and my MOM, closely followed by Cork.

But in truth we were wasteful in their penalty box and from my position I was disappointed Robson Kanu got past 3 players. Powder puff defending, otherwise Tom didn't have anything to do all day.

Hendrick was supposed to support Sam but that didn't happen enough and as a result we didn't test them nearly enough.

I thought though we looked a Premier League side and will have better home days. Just not today.

And I agree with you as well donz, some of the criticism is over-reaction bordering on the hysterical. Just my opinion based on what I saw today.

blueheeler1
20-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Unfortunately we were not hard done by.

We hard done ourselves.

Boring; predictable; without variation and with no saves for their Goalie to make you have to be a very good spin doctor to make a "hard done by" case--and they had a man sent off.

70% of the play and with nothing to show is just sad.

I pity our spectators.

Not good enough and three points that went begging.

Where is the flare? Where is the will to win?

Lost in a maze of safety-first boring football

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 11:13 AM
After watching the re-run of the game, it is obvious Hendrick was not playing off or supporting Vokes enough in a forward role.

Gudmundsson and Brady look to be struggling at EPL level.

Tarkowski needs replacing and quick.

No wonder SD says he is trying to bring another four in.

I would suggest Arfield, Ulvestad and perhaps even Barnes should be cashed in and bring in a wide man, a nippy central striker and a proper centre back.

In truth however, there really only was a fag paper between the two sides and Burnley did their best not to be "boring," but to lose a well deserved point by pub level defending just will not cut at this level. :(

Kgun5
20-08-2017, 01:37 PM
After watching the re-run of the game, it is obvious Hendrick was not playing off or supporting Vokes enough in a forward role.

Gudmundsson and Brady look to be struggling at EPL level.

Tarkowski needs replacing and quick.

No wonder SD says he is trying to bring another four in.

I would suggest Arfield, Ulvestad and perhaps even Barnes should be cashed in and bring in a wide man, a nippy central striker and a proper centre back.

In truth however, there really only was a fag paper between the two sides and Burnley did their best not to be "boring," but to lose a well deserved point by pub level defending just will not cut at this level. :(

I agree with you here, BT, with the possible exception of Gudmundsson. To be fair, I haven't rewatched the game, but I feel as though he'll grow into his spot. He wasn't nearly his best yesterday, but his crosses and shots are very often threatening. Time will tell, I guess. I could be seeing him through icy, claret-colored glasses...

baggieal
20-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Just got back from the Turf. Pulis certainly did a job on us, but that's not hard nowadays. Fitness, effort and Route One can only get you so far, and we've Chris Woods to come to cement this style. SURELY we've now got the money for even a bit of subtlety and style. If not, watch the crowds turn away.

"Pulis did a job on you" I was there and you were meant to be the home side - Foster did not really need to make one single save all match! Are you saying that's our fault? You need to blame your own lot for not opening us up! Football is about winning and if you want end to end stuff with loads of mistakes then perhaps you need to go to Blackburn!

Woods was with us before he went to Leeds and although he was average at best, he certainly was not premiership and had little grace or creativity but best of luck as a good lad!

Your stewards were disgraceful on Saturday, and acted like little hittlers - perhaps trying to get tough after the Germans but man handling old guys and taking an Egyptian flag off some kids was disgraceful.

In Dyche We Trust
20-08-2017, 07:48 PM
tell the club pal, not us- stewards at all clubs can behave badly and your club is no exception- one thing we agree on is that Wood would be a waste of £15+m

Altobelli
20-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the input and taking time to post, I'd agree about the game and the dod of Wood.

I've heard our Stewards can be well over the top with fans but generally our own, I think you may have been correct saying they were more robust after Hanover, but its the Police who were to blame for their bad handling of the situation and obviously the Stewards have had a word in their ear, pathetic the flag being taken from the kid, IDWT is correct, tell the Club, if nothing is done nothing will alter for the best, enjoy your season with Pulis if possible falla :)

baggieal
20-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the input and taking time to post, I'd agree about the game and the dod of Wood.

I've heard our Stewards can be well over the top with fans but generally our own, I think you may have been correct saying they were more robust after Hanover, but its the Police who were to blame for their bad handling of the situation and obviously the Stewards have had a word in their ear, pathetic the flag being taken from the kid, IDWT is correct, tell the Club, if nothing is done nothing will alter for the best, enjoy your season with Pulis if possible falla :)

Cheers Altobelli - for me Pulis does a brilliant job with a threadbare squad which clearly needs investment in certain positions. At the end of the day - football is about getting three points.

Always liked coming to Burnley - good laugh at the cricket club - with both sets of supporters - good local lads and hope you have a good season.

PS - hope you stuff the cockneys again!

Norder
20-08-2017, 09:03 PM

I think we're much too stationary and sluggish near goal....the Hendrick shot - he has 3 burnley players in front of him - the same 3 that were there when Cork got the ball from the throw in....two of which were caught offside when Brom pushed out together when Hendrick received the ball - because they were all stood still just Waiting for a pass - none of them making a move - and nobody thinking....they should've beeen darting all over the place - confusing the Brom defence...but no - so there's Hendrick is in space and with nothing else on offer - takes a wild shot - what a waste.
And another - the ball is floated nicely upfield to Vokes....who heads it down to Gudmundsson - Defour is also up there and has seen the move - he's stood to the right side and in line with Guds - so he should making a run toward the box as soon as he sees the ball hit Vokes's head or earlier - so that when Guds gets the ball he has the choice - but as he didn't and there wasn't...was just another wild shot...and more waste.
Mee's header - how did he miss...looks like he was held a little to me...so couldn't get over the ball and make a better connection..but he didn't complain any....so means nothing.
The Goal....Mee doesn't get the ball...is headed on from a Brom player to Kanu - though Mee was quickly back onto Kanu but slowed his run when he saw Ward make the move to get the ball - but Ward wasn't committed enough and so completely miss timed it....so a pointless move - he was better to hold back and let Mee move on Kanu then close in with Tarks to shut Kanu out...so then it was Tarks that was left alone clean up - but he'd also hesitated when he saw Ward move on Kanu - so that when Kanu won it and was on the run....Tark he found himself behind, without a sliding tackle...even - was a total mess, a complete lack of thought and lack of communication....Imho.

Cheers.

;D

All Stood Still - Ultravox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW9ImnTL2jk

:D

Turfmoorspirit
20-08-2017, 09:37 PM
"Pulis did a job on you" I was there and you were meant to be the home side - Foster did not really need to make one single save all match! Are you saying that's our fault? You need to blame your own lot for not opening us up! Football is about winning and if you want end to end stuff with loads of mistakes then perhaps you need to go to Blackburn!

Woods was with us before he went to Leeds and although he was average at best, he certainly was not premiership and had little grace or creativity but best of luck as a good lad!

Your stewards were disgraceful on Saturday, and acted like little hittlers - perhaps trying to get tough after the Germans but man handling old guys and taking an Egyptian flag off some kids was disgraceful.Your fans were lucky ! A dozen or so of our fans were ejected yesterday in connection with the hanover game.. Our policing and stewarding has been an utter joke for years.All the best for the season,one of the better clubs in the prem.. They will probably be charged for bieng hit on the head by a seat thus causing criminal damage to the seat after it had nearly broke some phuckers skull.