PDA

View Full Version : No sign of the Barnsley DNA in that performance

Atac
19-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Dear oh dear, where was the fight, passion and work rate? This was no 'Barnsley' performance. Hecky better stamp this out pronto or we're going to get walked over too many times. The least you expect to see is a bit of 'tykeyness' - none on show today.

As an aside, naturally, Payne scores the winner for Shrewsbury on his permanent debut. I wonder if he's going to be one that got away.

At least it can only get better!

EastStandRed
19-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Sounds like it was shocking today. Still not seen them play this season, first match will be Sunderland for me.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 05:54 PM
There won't be any of the tarn DNA within this group because deep down the HC doesn't believe in them .

He's dropped more than a hint so far this season .

This club isn't together right now on many levels and the take over just adds to the instability .

Only time this club swims against tides successfully is when it's together , that's our strength and DNA .

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 06:06 PM
There will no doubt be the forensic disection and post mortem. However, it is quite simple for me drop Moncur for Mallan. Drop Williams for Kay or Bird and drop Potts for card board cut art in club shop. It would do a better job he's crap. Nevermind this hairy fairy give him time rubbish he's garbage more bothered about his Barnet and that's where he ought to be playing.

EastStandRed
19-08-2017, 06:28 PM
I can only think Potts was one that Hecky was pushing to sign that's why he keeps fitting him in and he signed after Heckys little tantrum.

animallittle3
19-08-2017, 06:33 PM
I can only think Potts was one that Hecky was pushing to sign that's why he keeps fitting him in and he signed after Heckys little tantrum.

It seems that way because we coughed up the extra 250k to sign him more or less after his outburst .

I think Thiam is one of Hecky's picks too and he got the 900k to sign him against others who probably thought he was a bit pricey given his goal scoring record .

rodcurrie
19-08-2017, 07:12 PM
It seems that way because we coughed up the extra 250k to sign him more or less after his outburst .

I think Thiam is one of Hecky's picks too and he got the 900k to sign him against others who probably thought he was a bit pricey given his goal scoring record .Apart from your keeper i thought Potts was one of your better players today mate,the lad wide left did ok in't first half,i think Bradshaw worked hard enuff but wi little or no support.The sendings off were crazy,neither shudda got involved it was very silly of both of em. UTCB

Acido
19-08-2017, 07:29 PM
It was bad from our lot today and Im surprised it only ended up 1-0.
I agree about give players time etc. but Potts just hasn't been good enough so far and the biggest let down has been Moncur after the way he improved last season. Surely Mallan or Mowatt can come in and do better than Potts, and if not them we've got some good U23 talent to pick from.

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Agree Acido 1.5 million sat on bench today and one of em' got 11 mins plus stoppages.

DOOALI
19-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Sounds like there was plenty of DNA Disgusting Not interested Atrocious

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 07:55 PM
That was just Hecky Dooali. Problem started in club car park for me ;D

Acido
19-08-2017, 07:57 PM
I will always accept defeat Ponty (even when its against the Blunts) as long as we've had a go and lost to a better or even a luckier side. But when we just don't turn up for a big derby match like today, then thats disgraceful and while we gave credit to them for fighting for the win against Notts Forest they deserve all the criticism tonight.

Ponte_Steve24
19-08-2017, 07:58 PM
My sentiments exactly mate :star:

Romared
19-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Apart from your keeper i thought Potts was one of your better players today mate,the lad wide left did ok in't first half,i think Bradshaw worked hard enuff but wi little or no support.The sendings off were crazy,neither shudda got involved it was very silly of both of em. UTCB
Potts will be a top player for us

Romared
19-08-2017, 09:41 PM
It was bad from our lot today and Im surprised it only ended up 1-0.
I agree about give players time etc. but Potts just hasn't been good enough so far and the biggest let down has been Moncur after the way he improved last season. Surely Mallan or Mowatt can come in and do better than Potts, and if not them we've got some good U23 talent to pick from.

Thas obviously not seen Williams ( Nip ) he meks Moncur look like Iniesta

Acido
19-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Ive said in another thread Roma kid, that I really think Sessi could have done the job that Williams has been brought into do, and hes only here on loan remember. Or failing that we surely have some new options from the budding U23 team.