PDA

View Full Version : Hourihane-Hat trick video

stateside
19-08-2017, 05:32 PM
http://www.punditarena.com/football/sokeefe/watch-hourihane-hat-trick/

Surprise, his goals all came from the left side of the pitch just like his highlight reel as I pointed out earlier in the week. Why he was playing him on the right last season is beyond me.

stateside
19-08-2017, 09:23 PM
What is the Hourihane song ?

bongosdad
20-08-2017, 12:40 AM
Nice one stateside. The last one was a cracker and the first one shows his ability to get in the box and time his runs well. Would love to see greens as well as that was apparently a cracker too.

yubbywelch
20-08-2017, 12:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IWBnHBlg8

Couldn't get the other one to work, here's highlights you tube

stateside
20-08-2017, 02:37 AM
Nice one stateside. The last one was a cracker and the first one shows his ability to get in the box and time his runs well. Would love to see greens as well as that was apparently a cracker too. Green's was brilliant. I saw the goal on grainy film but didn't save it and can't find it now.

The goal wouldn't have been out of place on those EA sports FIFA goals of the week. He lined up edge of the area just outside on his right foot. As the defender closed him down he used that to unsight the goalie. He wrapped his shot so it had that wicked bend so it curled in from just going wide right to the left and just inside the top corner where the bar and post meet.

Three goals from outside the box. How often does that happen. Did we just get lucky?

TrianonDave
20-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Green's was brilliant. I saw the goal on grainy film but didn't save it and can't find it now.

The goal wouldn't have been out of place on those EA sports FIFA goals of the week. He lined up edge of the area just outside on his right foot. As the defender closed him down he used that to unsight the goalie. He wrapped his shot so it had that wicked bend so it curled in from just going wide right to the left and just inside the top corner where the bar and post meet.

Three goals from outside the box. How often does that happen. Did we just get lucky?

20 shot on goal with 8 on target, no not lucky but not unlucky!! I think there is a difference here, we could have had all those stats and not scored and people would have said we were unlucky!!

You make your own luck by creating chances, it does not always work but if you do not buy the ticket you will never win the lottery!

Just watched MOTD and saw Arsenal almost batter Stoke must have had equally 10 shots on target, they were Unlucky to lose, Stoke were Lucky!

No I think we played well, defence was a little stretched at times but that will happen in any game over 90 mins, Davis was a revelation, I personally did not see that kind of performance coming, it gives us some hope again, he needs to push on, Bruce needs to stick with the same team, maybe a back 3? but how can you drop Green or Davis now, keep Gabby and Hogan out and make them fight for a place while we wait for the Koj to come back.

For me Green's goal was one of the best goals I have seen from Villa player for years, he meant every bit of it, the way he shaped up and curled the ball, from the moment he struck the ball, you knew it was going in, two goal keepers would not have saved that shot. Take not Hogan (12 million)

stateside
20-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Thanks TD. It is tough when you are wondering how the game went down.