PDA

View Full Version : Kieran Freeman

blades58
20-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Huddersfield interested in shock move for KF

Terriers would pay money or offer Joe Lolley in a swap deal. Seen as perfect cover for skipper Tommy Smith

Source: Journo Alan Nixon

benditlike_Borbokis
20-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Not surprised if I'm being honest.

Outstanding all last season and fantastic yesterday.

AceOfBlades
20-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Premiership club trying to get our players on the cheap. We can't afford to let anyone go at the moment as we aren't getting them in. We have Stearman, Baldock out with no news on a return. Brayford seemingly in the departure lounge waiting for deadline day to move to Burton. CW reporting yesterday Basham was struggling with a tight groin. If the money was silly then I wouldn't be against us considering it but its not its derisory. Tell Huddersfield to fck off unless they come up with an offer in excess of £2 million plus Lolly we're in the championship now. Its reported they only paid around £300k for Lolly.

i'm not trying to put a silly value on Freemans head but £2 million gets most championship clubs jack sh1t in todays ridiculous market

boltonblade
20-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Lolly is crap that's why they want to get rid. Know him from his Uni days at Uclan and he isn't that good. Didn't make and impact at all with Hudds in the Champ. Don't get hung up on him. Freeman sale would be a no go unless it was for around £5million for me.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
20-08-2017, 08:35 AM

Terriers would pay money or offer Joe Lolley in a swap deal. Seen as perfect cover for skipper Tommy Smith

£'s only and it needs to begin with a 5 and have 6 noughts following it.

U-F-O
20-08-2017, 09:07 AM

I wouldn't pay any attention whatsoever to what that 2 bob Sun hack Alan Nixon prints. He just uses the blunderbus approach in linking various players with various clubs, in the hope one might be correct. He rarely is!

blades58
20-08-2017, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't pay any attention whatsoever to what that 2 bob Sun hack Alan Nixon prints. He just uses the blunderbus approach in linking various players with various clubs, in the hope one might be correct. He rarely is!

He gets as much wrong as he gets right, but occasionally does come up with a scoop that no other journo has reported

Hudders may be interested after the collapse of the Yiadom deal, but whether they follow it up as there will be others on their list who knows?

bulmer1889
20-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Like UFO says it's a scattergun approach sooner or later you will hit something,as for freeman I don't think he is prem class but to be fair to him he's already exceeded my expectations of him so who knows he may be able to step up

FatherKnowsBest
20-08-2017, 09:29 AM

As a journo Nixon is no where near as good as James Shield. That should position him nicely.

With the money sloshing about in the PL, and bang average players going for serious money, £5m for Freeman would be a bargain. He isn't Kyle, but he isn't rubbish either. £12m in cash mate.

bulmer1889
20-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Freescoring fullback that notched double figures last yr doesn't matter what division that's in it's impressive so pay accordingly

blades58
20-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Freescoring fullback that notched double figures last yr doesn't matter what division that's in it's impressive so pay accordingly

Personally for me, it doesn't just depend on the fee, but also the availability of a suitable replacement.

Our squad shortens by the day with Moore and Baldock injured. Beard, Hanson and potentially Brooks on the way out. CW maintains the squad doesn't have enough cover as it is and we are struggling currently to strengthen anyway. We need to be very careful and should only relinquish a first team player on the basis we have a cast iron replacement and that is regardless of transfer fee

Remember, the next available opening isn't while Jan and we need to have the strongest possible squad available to see us through to at least that time

shorehamoldboy
20-08-2017, 04:56 PM
no chance of chris letting freeman and brayford go the beard deffo on his way imo

rodcurrie
21-08-2017, 07:29 AM
no chance of chris letting freeman and brayford go the beard deffo on his way imoIf we get offered owt like £5million for any of our players they'll be gone,the taxi's are on standby.UTCB

benditlike_Borbokis
21-08-2017, 07:36 AM
No No No

Chris will never see the transfer money so why would we weaken the team.

Wake up boys, we never see the money honey

rodcurrie
21-08-2017, 07:39 AM
No No No

Chris will never see the transfer money so why would we weaken the team.

Wake up boys, we never see the money honeyThee wake up mi owd pal,if we get offered owt like £5million he or anyone else will be gone,trust me i've seen it happen before startin wi MICK JONES to Leeds in 1967.UTCB

RonnieWaldock
21-08-2017, 08:03 AM
If we get offered owt like £5million for any of our players they'll be gone,the taxi's are on standby.UTCB

Very cynical Rod!

And here's me thinking you were a "happy clapper".

RonnieWaldock
21-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Thee wake up mi owd pal,if we get offered owt like £5million he or anyone else will be gone,trust me i've seen it happen before startin wi MICK JONES to Leeds in 1967.UTCB

I can remember in 1951, United's board accepted a bid of £32,500 (a record in those days) from that lot at S6 for Jimmy Hagan!!

To his eternal credit, SIR JAMES refused to go. (A great player, a great man - and a TRUE BLADE!!!)

shorehamoldboy
21-08-2017, 08:13 AM
rod stop upsetting me by bringing up mick jones again got keith west ringing round in my ears yet again lol

rodcurrie
21-08-2017, 08:46 AM
I can remember in 1951, United's board accepted a bid of £32,500 (a record in those days) from that lot at S6 for Jimmy Hagan!!

To his eternal credit, SIR JAMES refused to go. (A great player, a great man - and a TRUE BLADE!!!)Ronaldo,NO NO NO NO ya can't say TRUE BLADE on here.Times have changed mi owd pal ya know that, just cos i don't blame certain people at the club for everythin that goes wrong dunt mean i think they get everythin r8,despite what some may want ya to believe abart me.I hope your appointment goes well today mate.UTCB

RonnieWaldock
21-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Ronaldo,NO NO NO NO ya can't say TRUE BLADE on here.Times have changed mi owd pal ya know that, just cos i don't blame certain people at the club for everythin that goes wrong dunt mean i think they get everythin r8,despite what some may want ya to believe abart me.I hope your appointment goes well today mate.UTCB

I think a man who played 442 games for us (despite WW2 reducing the number of games possible), scored 151 goals and created far more for other players, and refused to be transferred to S6 - merits the description as a TRUE BLADE!

Add to that, that he was IMHO, the greatest player I ever saw playing for United - and I stand by original assessment!

benditlike_Borbokis
21-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Rodders I'm not saying it won't happen, more that folks should not think that £xm is a good deal, as the money never gets reinvested.

So it could be 500k or 5m nowt goes back into team.

rodcurrie
21-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Rodders I'm not saying it won't happen, more that folks should not think that £xm is a good deal, as the money never gets reinvested.

So it could be 500k or 5m nowt goes back into team. Of course it gets reinvested how d'ya think wages are paid? How d'ya think the transfers already been completed and those that will be completed are paid for? How d'ya think the Academy keeps runnin? Not forgettin that paintin that's just been done needs payin for tha knows.I aint sayin i want any sales just sayin if we get offered owt like £5million the club will sell. UTCB

charliejoejohn2
21-08-2017, 06:47 PM
The going rate for a goal scoring full back must be around £8 mill. ;D

blades58
21-08-2017, 07:07 PM
We need more players not less

Two players for each position says CW. Beard on his bike that only leaves Baldock