PDA

View Full Version : Tarkowski at fault again...

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Not picking on the lad but he is not good enough for the EPL on yesterday's showing.

Sorry Tarks but that was not defending when you allowed a run of the mill Championship player a clear run on goal.

WTF was the tackle? It's not like he is not big enough to put his leg in...

Going to have to go with Donzy's recommendation and buy a centre back and quick. :(

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/rumour-mill-burnley-target-simunovic-davies-in-frame-for-hearts-boss-djoum-wants-france-move-1-4537032

ClaretinBudapest
20-08-2017, 10:54 AM
It is becoming clear he is not a good replacement for Keane.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Afraid not CiB. :(

thedonz
20-08-2017, 11:04 AM
I thought Tarkowski did everything right yesterday , but was caught out for their winner. He was not the only defender who should have stopped that goal and should not get the whole blame.

I think he has the potential to be a top defender.

And yes , we have always needed another central defender much better than Anderson.

Once again , yesterday's result did not reflect the performances of the two teams. Better finishing would have won it for us but overall some good team play and passing.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Tarkowski is costing us too many conceded goals donzy.

If you have the ability just re-run the last four games, he is costing us at least one goal per game.

I never, ever belittle one of our own but SD either needs to get him and Mee on the same wavelength or replace him asap.

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Leave him alone. He stopped a goal in the first few minutes and Tom was badly out of position for the goal.
Why not blame Ben for allowing the forward space and time to head the ball on, or Wards half tackle on Robson Kanu was poor and left Tarks facing a fast moving player in on goal.

Altobelli
20-08-2017, 12:51 PM
He was one of Sean Dyche's picks, give the lad time lads.

In Dyche We Trust
20-08-2017, 01:15 PM
we wont get time in the PL- one mistake is all ittakes to lose 3 points as we saw yrsterdat

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Sack Tom then!

Kgun5
20-08-2017, 01:27 PM
we wont get time in the PL- one mistake is all ittakes to lose 3 points as we saw yrsterdat

That one mistake cost us one point, not three. Not hitting the target in twenty attempts cost us more.

I'm not going to defend Tark other than to say only Mee outplayed him in the back four. There is plenty of room for improvement on that side of the ball. Hopefully, most of it will come from the gelling of the current personnel, because I don't see us buying anyone of note to help...At least not until January.

In Dyche We Trust
20-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Tarka will make more mistakes than Tom will and that will leave him exposed- cant blame tom for yesterdays goal- had tarka done his job there would have been no shot for tom to save and we could have gone on and won and got all 3 points instead of none-

bring in Long and see what he can do at least he is an international

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Tarkowski is costing us too many conceded goals donzy.

If you have the ability just re-run the last four games, he is costing us at least one goal per game.

I never, ever belittle one of our own but SD either needs to get him and Mee on the same wavelength or replace him asap.

What last four games with Mee we've only played two and we're winning against Hannover 1-0. We beat Chelsea with him there.
I don't like victimisation sorry, but give the guy a few more games. Why single him out? The papers give him the same score as the rest, one even scored Mee lower.
Folk had a go at Mee last year and he's still there. Anyway it's Sean's decision but for god's sake let's not have any booing or name calling so soon.

1: An early opportunity for the visitors as McClean closes down Lowton and advances into the area before slamming a goal-bound shot against the legs of the covering Tarkowski.

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Mail scores him our MoM

Burnley (4-2-3-1): Heaton 6; Lowton 5, Tarkowski 6.5, Mee 6, Ward 5; Cork 5, Defour 6; Gudmundsson 6 (Barnes 78), Hendrick 6, Brady 6 (Walters 78); Vokes 5.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4805266/Burnley-0-1-West-Brom-Hal-Robson-Kanu-scores-sees-red.html#ixzz4qJOXWoU6

In Dyche We Trust
20-08-2017, 04:27 PM
6.5 is hardly a great performance

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 04:46 PM
6.5 is hardly a great performance

Well look at the rest then!

Good to see Chelsea dropped Luiz today for his pathetic game last week. Oh no they didn't!

In Dyche We Trust
20-08-2017, 04:52 PM
only tarka was at fault for the Albion goal

thedonz
20-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Glad to see Tarka getting some support, would be good if everyone showed it to the lad. What did some fans think? That they'd see him come in and give faultless displays in the best league in England.

It sounds like for some they are now seeing the reality of Keane going.

sinkov
20-08-2017, 05:34 PM
More hysterical over-reaction, I've asked before why Tarko is subject to this absurd level of scrutiny and I haven't really got an answer. Lowton could have gifted them a goal in the first minute with an appalling mistake. If Mee hadn't have been knocked off the ball like big girl's blouse, and Ward had got a proper tackle in, it would never have needed Tarko to prevent their goal. All three were culpable, all three could have done better, Lowton's error was probably the worst in the game, but for some strange reason it's only Tarko who gets it in the neck.

I'll let all the moaners into a secret, or at least something they don't seem to have noticed.......we conceded goals when Keane was playing last season as well, and Keane was even responsible for some of them. And I've yet see Tarko turned like Keane was by Lukaku for his goal at Goodison, in fact that was such an embarrassing piece of defending I was a bit surprised Koeman still wanted to sign him, maybe he's very forgiving, or has a short memory. Or maybe he just accepts that defenders will make mistakes, that they won't win every tackle, and that goals will sometimes result when they don't.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Sorry sinkov, but Tarkowski is starting to look like a liability we can't afford. :(

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 05:48 PM
only tarka was at fault for the Albion goal
IDWT
My opinion differs in that Mee made no attempt with the up and under and Ward made an ineffectual challenge outside the box and Tarks didone inside the box, whilst Tom was a yard to far to the left. Had Tarks gone in hard a penalty and a red were looming.

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Sorry sinkov, but Tarkowski is starting to look like a liability we can't afford. :(
Load of Toshski

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 05:52 PM
IDWT
My opinion differs in that Mee made no attempt with the up and under and Ward made an ineffectual challenge outside the box and Tarks didone inside the box, whilst Tom was a yard to far to the left. Had Tarks gone in hard a penalty and a red were looming.

Sounds like a proper shambles oldcolner, which it was! :(

sinkov
20-08-2017, 05:59 PM

That's your opinion BT and you're entitled to it, but imo you're talking tripe. You know that superstar £60k a week striker so many of our fans wanted to sign from Southampton, how many shots on goal did he get, how many times did he look like scoring ? Tarko owned him, had him in his pocket, proper centre-half, never mind fretting about Tarko, you stick to telling us how good Tom Anderson is. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 06:24 PM
I think I nailed the Jay Rod situation on another thread. Tarkowski is not stepping up to the plate, I really wish he was, but he isn't.

Two more games like this and Long will own the shirt. End of.

In Dyche We Trust
20-08-2017, 07:06 PM
is tarka your som cos in your eye hecan do no wrong- fact is he is not a PL player but the championship is his level- we cant afford to carry passengers in the PL like you can in the championship and i dont want to be carrying any down there next season- bring in Long and shore up that back line.

Altobelli
20-08-2017, 07:40 PM
I'll put my head on the chopping block as well with my list below:

IMO as I have said earlier in this thread, give Tarks some time, the one's I've listed below for me are not good enough for the PL with what they have shown so far and some who have been here a while.

Vokes

Hendrick

Brady

Both Longs

Anderson

Westwood

Ulvestad

Arfield

O'Neill

Barnes

Walters

Give me some flack if you want, but its just my opinion.

In Dyche We Trust
20-08-2017, 07:51 PM
only 3 of those started yesterdays game and imo You cant argue with Vokes recent goalscoring

Altobelli
20-08-2017, 08:00 PM
I have argued with Vokes for years, yes a good partnership with Ings, but like Toshack, he was dismal without Keagan, scores some good goals (didn't we all in our youth), but not an out and out goal scorer, who gets maybe 5 chances and only converts 1 or 2.

Maybe only 3 did start yesterday, but some folk on here are saying the Squad is stronger and bigger, I'd say bigger but not much stronger as my list shows what I think about a few of them.

thedonz
20-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Long list alto which opens up a lot of debate.

I'm going to focus on Hendrick only for the time being.

In my opinion Hendrick has still to convince me that he is good enough for the Premier League. I don't expect him to show as much as Cork or Defour but what I have seen so far makes me question his place in the starting 11.

This is the season for him to show more consistency and make and score more goals. Personally i will judge him on that.

army88
20-08-2017, 08:17 PM
I have argued with Vokes for years, yes a good partnership with Ings, but like Toshack, he was dismal without Keagan, scores some good goals (didn't we all in our youth), but not an out and out goal scorer, who gets maybe 5 chances and only converts 1 or 2.

Maybe only 3 did start yesterday, but some folk on here are saying the Squad is stronger and bigger, I'd say bigger but not much stronger as my list shows what I think about a few of them.

Vokes is a good squad player for us but IMO isn't going to pull up trees for us , Dyche knows it and has gambled on Wood ( he had to do something ) .

The goal wasn't just Tarkys fault , there were 3 involved and all were to blame ---- said before

that Mee has at least one mess up a game in him and there it was Yesterday, Ward and Tarks also poor and Tom for that matter.

Overall we were good with no finished product, I'm at loss though why we started with two wide men who never got past a man wide to deliver balls for Vokes coming onto them instead of playing straight flat balls to him with his back to goal.
So if we're pointing fingers at people as many are on here I'd have Brady and the ice man down as under achievers and not doing as they should be doing .
Cork and Defour were excellent

army88
20-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Said with Norder before now we need a centre back and we definitely do .

sinkov
20-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Just to put our alleged defensive frailty into perspective, it should be borne in mind that we've conceded just 3 goals so far. So have Watford, Liverpool, Newcastle and Bournemouth. In even worse trouble than us are Leicester, Chelsea, Arsenal, Swansea, Brighton and Palace who have all conceded 4. While poor old West Ham have conceded 7.

So if we need another centre-half then presumably so do all those other 11 teams. It's going to be mayhem in the transfer market over the next couple of weeks, that's 12 clubs all at panics stations, desperate to sign a centre-half who knows what he's doing. This should be highly entertaining, because honestly I don't think there are enough to go round.

army88
21-08-2017, 06:27 AM

IMO as I have said earlier in this thread, give Tarks some time, the one's I've listed below for me are not good enough for the PL with what they have shown so far and some who have been here a while.

Vokes

Hendrick

Brady

Both Longs

Anderson

Westwood

Ulvestad

Arfield

O'Neill

Barnes

Walters

I think your right to a point Alto --- the thing is to swap all them for Premiership players would be impossible for us at Burnley .
It's like hamster on a wheel scenario once your on you can't get off , all would be on 40-60 k a week improved players that is -and the cycle begins , great while it works --- Wigan - Bolton- Leeds- Blackburn all spring to mind.

The evidence of what we are discussing was there for all to see Saturday Cork looked like a premiership footballer with 200 plus games under his belt -- to find another 8-10 of those in various positions would be very difficult under the clubs stance with wages etc , catch 22 situation .

1972Claret
22-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Mail scores him our MoM

Burnley (4-2-3-1): Heaton 6; Lowton 5, Tarkowski 6.5, Mee 6, Ward 5; Cork 5, Defour 6; Gudmundsson 6 (Barnes 78), Hendrick 6, Brady 6 (Walters 78); Vokes 5.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4805266/Burnley-0-1-West-Brom-Hal-Robson-Kanu-scores-sees-red.html#ixzz4qJOXWoU6

Some bizarre scores there. We were better thsn that apart from the mistake/ goal.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-08-2017, 03:39 AM
Some bizarre scores there. We were better thsn that apart from the mistake/ goal.

If Cork was only worth 5, I would love to see him have a 8! :D

Supersub6
23-08-2017, 08:55 AM

It's the Daily Mail and this is the usual case, I sometimes wonder if they have actually attended the games. If you add the marks up for both teams it would seem that West Brom were the better team because they add up to more than we did.
I go to watch three teams at all games I attend and, although I want the Clarets to win, I try to be fair in an assessment of all three teams. I don't think anyone could claim that West Brom were better than we were on Saturday.

oldcolner
23-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Supersub
That's too logical! We all have opinions and often agree and sometimes don't. Just as the so called experts and journos.
Why do Walters and Barnes merit 78??? ;D
We won the game if you use expected goals. :? Doesn't help though does it.

Supersub6
23-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Oldcolner --they are not marks of 78 for Walters and Barnes -- that is the time that they came on as substitutes ;D

blueheeler1
23-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Vokes

Hendrick

Brady

Both Longs

Anderson

Westwood

Ulvestad

Arfield

O'Neill

Barnes

Walters

Vokes--International player and top goalscorer for us last year--and not good enough for PL? FFS!-

ONeill--young Australian learning his trade. Patience needed like you want for Tarks (who I agree is perfectly fine).

Hendrick not on the list for me.

One Long is ok.

Arfield and Barnes will perform cameo roles this season.

Anderson--has he had a chance in the first team? Been here for ever as a Burnley lad.

The rest about right.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-08-2017, 11:58 AM
I predicted a couple of weeks ago that Barnes would not be with us for much longer and I don't think he will...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-weighing-up-move-for-out-of-favour-premier-league-forward/

oldcolner
23-08-2017, 12:22 PM
We Paid £1.08M and he's now valued at £2.25M on Transfermarkt
Hope we get at least that!

Supersub6
23-08-2017, 06:01 PM
It seems that we have someone who, in many fans' opinions is not worthy of a place in the team, is going to be captain tonight.
Strange world is football :P

oldcolner
23-08-2017, 09:23 PM
It seems that we have someone who, in many fans' opinions is not worthy of a place in the team, is going to be captain tonight.

Supersub
Only a few vocal fans opinions think that. Well he captained us to a win in a major derby game getting a clean sheet and they had only three shots - all off target.
At least Sean has the faith in him, I would have expected Jack Cork to lead. Sean's opinion is most relevant too!

sinkov
23-08-2017, 09:37 PM

I think those few fans need to stop dreaming about a replacement for Keane and take on board what Sean's telling them. He got the No 5 shirt, and he gets the captaincy when Tom's out. It's not rocket science, work it out for yourself, like I've been saying for a while, Tarko is Keane's replacement end of, and Sean has 100% confidence in him. We might get a back up, but that'll be all, he'll be sitting on the bench watching Tarko play.

alfinyalcabo
23-08-2017, 09:51 PM
I like Tarks,he's an excellent player who will only get better the more he plays..

sinkov
24-08-2017, 07:26 AM
The last thing the comms says on the Sky highlights package, 'Tarkovski....brilliant again'. He had a good game then presumably.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Don't read too much into that sinkov, they can't even spell his name right. :(

It's not League One strikers we need to worry about, it's when Tarkowski gets pitted against the likes of Morata and Silva that worries me!

But Hey Ho, he's one of ours and let's hope for the best?

sinkov
24-08-2017, 08:32 AM
I would worry about any defender against the likes of Morata and Silva BT, they're world class players, and all defenders, no matter who they are, will find themselves in trouble against them. Did you see City v Everton on Monday, Keane was all over the place at times, but he mostly got away with it, no criticism of him, that's just the way it is at that level, we just have to be realistic about it.

I really wouldn't worry yourself about Tarko, like I've said before he's way better than Keane was in his first season, Keane actually got relegated back to the bench, it was such a struggle for him. And never mind what I say, Sean knows a thing or two about centre halves, and he doesn't sign a big name experienced CB to replace Keane, he gives Tarko the No 5 shirt and makes him captain at Ewood.

Of course you might think you know better than Sean about football and who should be our No 5, fair enough, and in which case I suggest you apply to the Burnley board for his job when he finally leaves. If you can convince them that you do, then you may well get the job. It pays well.;D

Supersub6
24-08-2017, 08:48 AM
I would worry about any defender against the likes of Morata and Silva BT, they're world class players, and all defenders, no matter who they are, will find themselves in trouble against them. Did you see City v Everton on Monday, Keane was all over the place at times, but he mostly got away with it, no criticism of him, that's just the way it is at that level, we just have to be realistic about it.

I really wouldn't worry yourself about Tarko, like I've said before he's way better than Keane was in his first season, Keane actually got relegated back to the bench, it was such a struggle for him. And never mind what I say, Sean knows a thing or two about centre halves, and he doesn't sign a big name experienced CB to replace Keane, he gives Tarko the No 5 shirt and makes him captain at Ewood.

Of course you might think you know better than Sean about football and who should be our No 5, fair enough, and in which case I suggest you apply to the Burnley board for his job when he finally leaves. If you can convince them that you do, then you may well get the job. It pays well.;D

We seem to be on the same wavelength again sinkov. Whether or not we do sign another CB, we havea manager who just gets on and uses the tools that he has and tries to make them work, he does't bother about the 'what have been' --a man after my own heart. Smashing result last night, limited them to 3 shots and none on target. Another good TEAM performance!

The Bedlington Terrier
24-08-2017, 08:57 AM

A bit daft that comment sinkov. I just hope he grows into the role and I watched Keane closely on Monday and if I was an Everton supporter I would be thinking OMG! The times the likes of the two Silvas and Sterling turned him and got in behind him was frightening.

I think Mee and Tarkowski need to build on their relationship and really take on board SD's coaching as a specialist centre half. I distinctly remember SD saying at EPL level, 100% concentration through 94 minutes is absolutely *****!

I have no axe to grind whatsoever with the lad but hope he can build on what IMHO is a shaky start. Another point to mention, Heaton does not seem to communicate on field with Tarkowski in the same manner he did with Keane?

sinkov
24-08-2017, 09:06 AM
It was meant to be daft BT, that's why it had that liitle winking face at the end. But is it any dafter than this one, 'Tarkowski is starting to look like a liabilty we can't afford'. I'd say not, nowhere near.

Of course we don't have to agree with everything Sean does, I don't, you don't, none of us do, but when we have a basic disagreement about Tarkovski's fitness for purpose, I think I'm entitled to point out that Sean Dyche is on my side, not yours.

sinkov
24-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Just noticed that point about Heaton not communicating with Tarko like he did with Keane BT. I can't comment, it's not something I noticed before so I can't compare it with now. Seeing as they play together as a unit in training and in games, you'd hope it's something they work on, and it shouldn't be a problem. One thing is for certain, if Tom shouts Tarko will hear him, he's a voice like a bloody foghorn. I can hear him plainly enough in row Z of the JHU.

Just one little facetious thought occurs to me as well, maybe Tom doesn't feel the need to 'communicate' with Tarko as much as he did with Keane ? ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
24-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Just noticed that point about Heaton not communicating with Tarko like he did with Keane BT. I can't comment, it's not something I noticed before so I can't compare it with now. Seeing as they play together as a unit in training and in games, you'd hope it's something they work on, and it shouldn't be a problem. One thing is for certain, if Tom shouts Tarko will hear him, he's a voice like a bloody foghorn. I can hear him plainly enough in row Z of the JHU.

Just one little facetious thought occurs to me as well, maybe Tom doesn't feel the need to 'communicate' with Tarko as much as he did with Keane ? ;D

I don't know we why even bother arguing, we still have Mr Anderson to draft in...

sinkov
24-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Like I pointed out on another thread BT, 'young' Tom didn't even make the bench last night, he's as far away as ever. It's a complete mystery to me why he's still here. Why on earth don't we find him a decent D1/D2 club and let him get on with it, he can have a good career at that level, and higher if he proves good enough. The lad is just wasting his time with us.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Like I pointed out on another thread BT, 'young' Tom didn't even make the bench last night, he's as far away as ever. It's a complete mystery to me why he's still here. Why on earth don't we find him a decent D1/D2 club and let him get on with it, he can have a good career at that level, and higher if he proves good enough. The lad is just wasting his time with us.

Pretty much got to agree with that sinkov. I will stop winding you up with this one, I promise! :D

We could probably extract £1 million off some team, somewhere needing a rugged, no frills centre half with a 25% sell on clause inserted?

warminsterclaret
24-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Keane was able to establish himself when we were in the Championship. The Otter is trying to do likewise in the EPL when he's hardly played in over a year because he was waiting patiently behind Keane / Mee. He's a good footballer and we need to be patient with him.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-08-2017, 03:59 AM
Tarka - The Otter! Lol! :D

warminsterclaret
27-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Played well today apparently. Well done lad!

oldcolner
27-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Played well today apparently. Well done lad!

BBC Report
Man of the match - James Tarkowski (Burnley)

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2017, 02:42 AM
Looks like my bit of gentle criticism has worked! He was totally brilliant today and we probably need to add another two years to his contract?

FFS don't let sinkov see this post! :O

sinkov
28-08-2017, 08:55 AM
It's OK BT, there were bound to be doubts, but I was confident it would only be a matter of time before the doubters began to see what I'd been seeing since the first time I saw him in a Burnley shirt. That prediction of mine, Tarko and Keane playing together for England in two years time, not quite so fanciful now is it ?

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2017, 12:57 PM
It's OK BT, there were bound to be doubts, but I was confident it would only be a matter of time before the doubters began to see what I'd been seeing since the first time I saw him in a Burnley shirt. That prediction of mine, Tarko and Keane playing together for England in two years time, not quite so fanciful now is it ?

On yesterday's performance I would have to say, not! O:)

oldcolner
28-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Tarks vs Spurs
3 shots 4 blocks 3 tackles 8 clearances 8 headers won

sinkov
28-08-2017, 08:38 PM
When he came on as sub last season I used to say to my mate, 'Superstar's on now'. He thought I was joking, I wasn't, that's what he's going to be.

In Dyche We Trust
29-08-2017, 04:48 PM
tarka will not pkay alongside Keane for England- he has improved since the chelsea game when he went awol- but he is no England international

The Bedlington Terrier
29-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Do you know IDWT I seriously think sinkov is backing a winner here! :D

In Dyche We Trust
29-08-2017, 04:59 PM
we shall see BT- would love it if he did but cant quite see it

The Bedlington Terrier
29-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I couldn't before but I can now. I have watched freeze frame after freeze frame (I really am a true Claret anorak) of the Spurs match, Tarkowski did a fantastic job on TWO revered England internationals.

If he continues like this, seriously big money offers are coming our way...

https://www.footballfancast.com/transfer-in-numbers/james-tarkowski-excelling-in-michael-keanes-almighty-void

In Dyche We Trust
29-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Taking nothing away from him but kane was not at his best on Sunday- lets judge him when he keeps him out after he has hit 20 goals further down the line

sinkov
29-08-2017, 09:42 PM
tarka will not pkay alongside Keane for England- he has improved since the chelsea game when he went awol- but he is no England international

Bloody hell IDWT, of course he's not an England international, he's only started 9 PL games so far, he's still a baby at this level. It's interesting to compare him with Keane though, after those first 9 games he's getting rave reviews, on the other hand after Keane's first dozen PL games for us he was dropped, and look where he is now.

I did say in two years time, not this season or even next. Of course I can't predict the future, but if some bookie would give me decent odds on Tarko playing for England, I'd snatch their hand off. And another thing, look at the competition from other young English centre-halves, there's Keane, the error prone John Stones, possibly Maguire and Gibson, but Southgate isn't exactly fighting them off with a ****ty stick is he ?

In Dyche We Trust
29-08-2017, 09:49 PM
see what you mean slinkov- but the odds must be long, so put a monkey on it and you might fleece the bookies

sinkov
29-08-2017, 09:54 PM
I just might give it a go IDWT, trouble is, I have no idea what realistic odds should be on Tarko playing for England. Our ideas might differ, you would obviously have him much longer odds than me, but what would fair odds be ? I really don't know how you would price up something like this.

In Dyche We Trust
30-08-2017, 06:07 AM
Slinky, ask Paddy Power, they offer odds on almost anything- altho they declined when i asked them for burnley champs/gray top scorer in our champions season- i left it a little late

sinkov
30-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Can't ask Paddy IDWT, they closed my account a while back. I'll be in Clitheroe this morning, I'll nip into Billy Hill's and see what they say.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-08-2017, 07:07 AM
Odds shortening as we speak...

alfinyalcabo
10-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Another great performance from James today... He's gonna be a super player for us..

In Dyche We Trust
10-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Palace havnt scored in 4 games so far- they are hardly a threat

oldcolner
10-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Palace havnt scored in 4 games so far- they are hardly a threat

Tarkowski was a rock at the back for Burnley, making 18 clearances and four blocks. He mostly controlled Christian Benteke with ease.
They didn't score today because of Tarks Lowton and Pope.

sinkov
11-09-2017, 12:01 AM
He did have a John Stones moment in the first half, hopefully he'll learn from that quicker than Stones did. Having watched the Everton defence being ripped to shreds by Spurs, I'm more than happy with Tarko, Keane looked shell-shocked by the end of that game. I certainly wouldn't swop them.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Me neither. The King is dead, long live the King...:D

In Dyche We Trust
11-09-2017, 07:42 AM
We cant afford any John Stones moments at this level- in the champion****ttttte you can get away it. Must admit Keane looked wobbly against Spurs but we know he is a better player than that- maybe the step up to a 'bigger' club was a step too far and now he realises the grass isnt always greener....

oldcolner
11-09-2017, 07:49 AM
Me neither. The King is dead, long live the King...:D
Glad to see you changed your mind from being a liability we couldn't afford in post 1;D
Sean took him worked his magic let him grow and blend into the team. I'd say it's job done. I think he's done the same with Nick Pope too. I thought Keane looked ordinary against Spurs and Everton's defence a shambles.

ClaretinBudapest
11-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Great performance.Deserved MoM for BBC sport.I suppose I have to eat humble pie....again.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Try it with custard CiB, I do! Sinkov is currently gorging himself on huge servings of "I told you so pie!" :D

sinkov
11-09-2017, 09:46 AM
We cant afford any John Stones moments at this level- in the champion****ttttte you can get away it.

He got away with it in the PL yesterday, he might not be so lucky next time. It doesn't worry me though, he knows he has the ability to football his way out of trouble, which is a major asset, he just has to learn when is the right time. He'll make mistakes though, I've never seen a top class defender yet who didn't make mistakes and get himself into difficulty, it's inevitable, even Bobby Moore did it occasionally.

Supersub6
11-09-2017, 10:02 AM
I really think that Mee and Tarkowski are developing into a very solid partnership and that they gave Nick Pope a lot of protection to ease him into his first PL game.
Just remember that we have a manager whose maxim is that 'we have what we have so let's not bother about what we have not'
It is this attitude which nurtures the team spirit which was apparent again yesterday and which contributed greatly to the win when we did not play well. I don't think that any players will be happy with the display, however, they will be more than happy with the result --as was I!!

army88
11-09-2017, 10:26 AM
He got away with it in the PL yesterday, he might not be so lucky next time. It doesn't worry me though, he knows he has the ability to football his way out of trouble, which is a major asset, he just has to learn when is the right time. He'll make mistakes though, I've never seen a top class defender yet who didn't make mistakes and get himself into difficulty, it's inevitable, even Bobby Moore did it occasionally.

Tarky is developing and doing well imo, yes he has had a couple of moments as you refer to and I think that is to be
Expected at this level of football.

I think a lot of you observing Mee and Tarks missed the fact that the two central midfielders are to be credited
As much as the centre backs deserved recognition on what was a poor team performance overall .

When you have two very capable midfielders pressing - tracking - and breaking things up in front of you
Your job becomes a whole lot easier, that's not a slur on Mee or Tarks but Defour and Cork were immense yesterday and really held it together as much as the centre backs.

We are a different animal this season if not a little bit still one directional, I'm looking forward to seeing Wells offering
The same threat as they had yesterday on the break.

Whilst disappointed a bit in our performance when you looked at the team sheets there were a lot of talented
Footballers with recognised household names on there's.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-09-2017, 11:26 AM
I really think that Mee and Tarkowski are developing into a very solid partnership and that they gave Nick Pope a lot of protection to ease him into his first PL game.
Just remember that we have a manager whose maxim is that 'we have what we have so let's not bother about what we have not'
It is this attitude which nurtures the team spirit which was apparent again yesterday and which contributed greatly to the win when we did not play well. I don't think that any players will be happy with the display, however, they will be more than happy with the result --as was I!!

Agree with that Supersub6. Every time he gathered the ball, Mee and Tarkowski gave him the equivalent of a high five!

Supersub6
11-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Tarky is developing and doing well imo, yes he has had a couple of moments as you refer to and I think that is to be
Expected at this level of football.

I think a lot of you observing Mee and Tarks missed the fact that the two central midfielders are to be credited
As much as the centre backs deserved recognition on what was a poor team performance overall .

When you have two very capable midfielders pressing - tracking - and breaking things up in front of you
Your job becomes a whole lot easier, that's not a slur on Mee or Tarks but Defour and Cork were immense yesterday and really held it together as much as the centre backs.

We are a different animal this season if not a little bit still one directional, I'm looking forward to seeing Wells offering
The same threat as they had yesterday on the break.

Whilst disappointed a bit in our performance when you looked at the team sheets there were a lot of talented
Footballers with recognised household names on there's.

Very true army88. Cork and Defour worked so hard in front of the back four, although I feel that we missed Hendrick with his drive yesterday because he does a lot of the dirty work (a la Marney) which goes mainly unnoticed by many fans.
Our performance wasn't good but it was still a 'team performance'
Their squad is better than ours and is reflected in the fact that this is now their 5th consecutive PL season and their net spend in that time has been just over £109 million against our £24 million.

thedonz
11-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Cork and Defour were immense defensively yesterday.

army88
11-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Cork and Defour were immense defensively yesterday.

Had to be Donz,

oldcolner
12-09-2017, 12:08 PM
In Crooks Team of the week

'I am selecting Tarkowski for his endeavour, spirit and commitment. On another day, Burnley would have been beaten out of sight by Crystal Palace. Christian Benteke should have had a hat-trick in Sunday's game and Scott Dann a brace, while James McArthur and substitute Levi Lumeka should have converted what were simple headers. Tarkowski organised Burnley's defence so effectively when called upon it seemed to create an element of anxiety for Palace when it mattered.'

alfinyalcabo
16-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Another fantastic performance from Tarka ..He just gets better and better..

In Dyche We Trust
16-09-2017, 07:16 PM
He should still pick Poland over England if he want to play international football