PDA

View Full Version : The grass is not always greener.

mick64
20-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Looking at the players who have left us in recent years :

McCormack, hasn't had a regular place or improved form since going.
Cook , not included in the match day squad at struggling Bournemouth.
Byram, unused sub for struggling West Ham.
Taylor, unused sub for basement battlers Burnley.

I understand the reasons for Wood leaving but hate the modern way footballers ( advised by agents no doubt ) refuse to play for the club who are paying their wages. He will find goals harder to come by when facing Premier League defenders. It will be interesting to watch.

Blackspaven
20-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Pffh, there's a stack of players over the years who haven't gone on to much after us IF they're gone to another English club, it's like we're the kiss of death! Kewell, Smith, Beckford, Becchio, the list is pretty big. Off the top of my head, it's only Cantona and possibly Viduka who've played at least as good as they have when we've been around.

Dunno about other top quality players like Dacourt who went abroad though. Gradel didn't do too well.

Billyni
20-08-2017, 12:16 PM
The grass is not always greener, but the wallet is always thicker.

gupt13
20-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Correct Billyni 😂

norfolk white
20-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Agree with all above, not sure if even mowatt is playing at Barnsley, but I suppose the fat wage packet suppliments sitting on the bench watching.

Rev72
20-08-2017, 04:53 PM
The grass is not always greener, but the wallet is always thicker.

Very true billy.

joellufcprice
20-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Agree with all above, not sure if even mowatt is playing at Barnsley, but I suppose the fat wage packet suppliments sitting on the bench watching.

Mowatt was sold, he never wanted to leave and I doubt he is on more than he was at Leeds and if he is, I doubt it is a lot more.

norfolk white
20-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Sorry, yeah ur right, back track on mowatt, not the rest though!

Silentman
20-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Self before side every time. Not sure what Wood thinks he's going to be doing at Burnley, he's just replacing Gray on the bench unless Vokes gets injured.

CalverleyBoy
20-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Self before side every time. Not sure what Wood thinks he's going to be doing at Burnley, he's just replacing Gray on the bench unless Vokes gets injured.

Auckland to Harry Potts Way - do you think he has visited Burnley yet?

george_kaplan
21-08-2017, 12:34 AM
Agents = money, he's been sold out like a lot of these players. Let him go like those before him. We will survive and have our new stars.
Can't do with these players who refuse to play although I don't know the whole story and probably never will. Goodbye, thanks and all that BS but you'll be soon forgotten....unlike LUFC.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
21-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Refusing to play just to avoid injury for joining a new team is bullcrap

Already in the past for me, great performance vs Sunderland, let's keep our unbeaten run going!