PDA

View Full Version : Creativity and goals

Zippity
20-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Two main things this team is lacking. Now i know our main creative outlet isn't playing but he shouldn't be the only creative outlet and he proved last week that he can't be fully trusted. Gayle has never been prolific at this level and looks like the only goalscorer in the team (albeit we haven't seen anything of Joselu other than his less-than-stellar goalscoring record) and Rafa clearly doesn't rate Mitro.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to today's defeat, either-it's been an ongoing theme since the end of last season and we've got two weeks to address the problem. Not confident we will, mind.

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Two main things this team is lacking. Now i know our main creative outlet isn't playing but he shouldn't be the only creative outlet and he proved last week that he can't be fully trusted. Gayle has never been prolific at this level and looks like the only goalscorer in the team (albeit we haven't seen anything of Joselu other than his less-than-stellar goalscoring record) and Rafa clearly doesn't rate Mitro.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to today's defeat, either-it's been an ongoing theme since the end of last season and we've got two weeks to address the problem. Not confident we will, mind.
Like I keep saying we need a no10 who can score and assist more than anything, I was happy to give Gayle a chance to prove himself upfront for the first 6 games but he was worse than Perez, drop him and play Joselu or mitrovic

Davearmy
20-08-2017, 02:31 PM
We wont spend which is sad really Ashley will gamble that we will stay up (like he has done in the past) and it will come back to bite us in the arse once again.

Davearmy
20-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Like I keep saying we need a no10 who can score and assist more than anything, I was happy to give Gayle a chance to prove himself upfront for the first 6 games but he was worse than Perez, drop him and play Joselu or mitrovic

You can't say Gayle was worse than Perez he got no service at all... Perez on the other hand Ruined every forward move we made.

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 02:32 PM
We wont spend which is sad really Ashley will gamble that we will stay up (like he has done in the past) and it will come back to bite us in the arse once again.

Well it will be his biggest ever mistake bc, he won't get so lucky us getting promoted straight away again

Kal
20-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Creativity ? very little.

Goals ? none.

Ragatino
20-08-2017, 02:34 PM

TBH Mr Z, I have read your posts and consistently you have commented on the need to add more quality, creativity & goals to the squad.

Shelvey can not be trusted nor relied on week in week out.

Gayle is absolutely not up to scoring goals at this level.

Looking forward to West Ham, Javier hernandez is the player that we should have bought, a natural poacher, a goal-getter.

Joselu was a brighter option, Mitro is better than Gayle, young Jacob was a ray of hope but it's papering over the cracks.

I don't see anything but a bottom 3 dog fight all season.

Will Rafa remain... I don't see it.

ghostrider
20-08-2017, 02:49 PM
I agree that we need some creativity and definitely some real goal scoring potential from what we have.
I believe we have it but guess what?
Rafa is just far too negative.

If we keep going into games with a siege mentality to start,a s if we have to somehow size up the opposition, then we are in trouble.
Gayle and Joselu could be a very good force if we go on the front foot with the wingers we have and the pace we possess.

We might have been beat by Huddersfield and it may look a bit gloomy at the minute, but I think we have a lot of potential to improve in this squad, I really do.

We just have to stop being so negative and allowing teams to gain early momentum, because it usually ends up with us chasing the game.
If Rafa pays attention to detail with everything including salty effing pae-effing-ella, then he better start paying attention the employing a team that entertains the fans and goes for the jugular when the opportunities arise.

Huddersfield are a big dumb unit and will be found out very quickly and relegated. We have a much better chance regardless of a dodgy start.
West Ham had a dodgy start and they've spent a fortune, regardless of Hernandez scoring a few.

Too early to worry but we need to change things to show an attacking willing at all times and also a bit of consistency.

MidsMagpie
20-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Just like the spurs Perez and Gayle did nothing and are to lightweight, we need a big strong striker to lead the line in the premier league and a quality number 10 behind them. Mitrovic not to get off the subs bench yet again was a disgrace as well. Just like last season we are always set up way to defensively its not the championship anymore.

Jammy89
20-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Gayle could score a hat-trick and I'm sure you'd say he shouldn't have been on and Mitro should have started Mids ;) XD

I don't think we have a crap team personally. I really we get a win and we'll build a momentum.

However I agree with all points that we need someone who can score, I want it to be Gayle but i suspect it won't be sadly- although i still think he might and we need someone other than Shelvey who can create.

ronandtet
20-08-2017, 04:00 PM
to me they were no better than us - their forwards did nothing indeed their goal was vertually a carbon copy of ritchie,s attempt except their goalie stopped ritchies

jacapus
20-08-2017, 04:11 PM
to me they were no better than us - their forwards did nothing indeed their goal was vertually a carbon copy of ritchie,s attempt except their goalie stopped ritchies
How you can arrive at that conclusion is beyond me.They were 100% quicker to the ball & wanted it more.We were slow, lethargic & 2nd best in ALL departments.

ronandtet
20-08-2017, 04:18 PM
How you can arrive at that conclusion is beyond me.They were 100% quicker to the ball & wanted it more.We were slow, lethargic & 2nd best in ALL departments.

really - shots - huddersfield 7 newcastle 13
shots on target huddersfield 3 newcastle 5
yup they were miles better

toptoon
20-08-2017, 04:53 PM
We deserved a draw.

Joselu was much better than Gayle.

Merino and Mbemba played well. With Lejeune and Shelvey back we have something to build on.

Diame should not be near the team - looks lazy. I´d start Joselu and Perez up front next game with Mitro to come on if needed.

MidsMagpie
20-08-2017, 05:05 PM
We deserved a draw.

Merino and Mbemba played well. With Lejeune and Shelvey back we have something to build on.

Diame should not be near the team - looks lazy. I´d start Joselu and Perez up front next game with Mitro to come on if needed.

Perez was shocking yet again

Zippity
20-08-2017, 05:07 PM
We deserved a draw.

I'd go with Murphy behind joselu. We spent £12 million on this kid but he's on the bench. If he's not ready, fair enough but blowing the biggest amount of our Summer budget on a player we don't start is baffling, imo.

Kal
20-08-2017, 05:52 PM
We spent £12 million on this kid but he's on the bench. If he's not ready, fair enough but blowing the biggest amount of our Summer budget on a player we don't start is baffling, imo.

Can't see Ashley being too pleased either.

toonlegend
20-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Can't see Ashley being too pleased either.

he doesn't give a **** about us so who cares... if he continues to stuff us up ai hope he loses every penny he's ever earned and ends up destitute.

Kal
20-08-2017, 08:03 PM
True, but you can bet he'll be thinking....why should i pay for new players to sit on the bench. it's the way he is.

Zippity
20-08-2017, 08:08 PM
True, but you can bet he'll be thinking....why should i pay for new players to sit on the bench. it's the way he is.

This is sadly true...and pertinent.

I can only think that Rafa bought him expecting him to be part of a wider spending spree...which hasn't subsequently materialised. Only way it makes any sense to me.